PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying for False Theurgy

Crake
2013-03-08, 10:31 PM
So I'm a grey elf wizard 7/loremaster 2 and I would really like to pick up the false theurgy skilltrick, but it requires a whopping 8 ranks in bluff or sleight of hand. What are some ways I could get those ranks sometime soon (preferably not by maxing them out crossclass and waiting until level 13)? Losing caster levels is not preferable at all, so something like a rogue dip isn't what im looking for at all.

I did consider mindbender to pick up bluff as a class skill, but the 4 ranks in 4 different crossclass skills was quite painful.

Jeff the Green
2013-03-08, 10:43 PM
Unfortunately, there don't appear to be any ways of getting Bluff or Sleight of Hand (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9071.0) as class skills.

HunterOfJello
2013-03-08, 10:57 PM
There are a few PrCs you could check out to do it.

One of my favorites is the Urban Savant from Cityscape. It would require taking the Favored feat in an organization, but you'd be able to fill up the skill requirement in 1 level and would get some nifty abilities form it to boot. (d6 hd, 6+int skill points, and a high reflex save are always handy)

Shadow Adept is another great PrC that requires 1 feat to get in to but is well worth taking a level in. You can't be a good character, but the benefits from a single level in the PrC are massive. It also has bluff as a class skill.

If you were a changeling, then Recaster would be the ideal PrC to get in to. If you aren't a changeling, then you're up a creek.

Crake
2013-03-08, 11:27 PM
There are a few PrCs you could check out to do it.

One of my favorites is the Urban Savant from Cityscape. It would require taking the Favored feat in an organization, but you'd be able to fill up the skill requirement in 1 level and would get some nifty abilities form it to boot. (d6 hd, 6+int skill points, and a high reflex save are always handy)

Shadow Adept is another great PrC that requires 1 feat to get in to but is well worth taking a level in. You can't be a good character, but the benefits from a single level in the PrC are massive. It also has bluff as a class skill.

If you were a changeling, then Recaster would be the ideal PrC to get in to. If you aren't a changeling, then you're up a creek.

Huh, urban savant looks like it was pretty much MADE for my character. He has max ranks in 2 knowledge skills for loremaster, but he has at least 5 ranks in every other knowledge skill the phb has to offer, so he easily qualifies, not to mention the lore ability from loremaster. That and the fact that I haven't decided on my 9th level feat yet, and am a member of the campaign's mages guild, perhaps I could convince my DM to let me slip into it. Wow, you might have just made my day.