PDA

View Full Version : Spiderwalk and Eldritch blast

Zenoroth
2013-03-09, 02:56 AM
Hi playground!

Is it possible to use Eldritch blasts while on a wall using Spiderwalk?

I can imagine somethin Megaman X-like with the dude stickin to the wall with one arm and firing with the other, but the Spider Climb spell says one needs both hands.

I could argue that one needs both hands to move around while climbing and can shoot while not moving, but I'd like to know what do you guys think.

Thanks in advance.

dascarletm
2013-03-09, 03:01 AM
I don't see anywhere where eldritch blast says you need a hand free to use, thus i'd assume you can use your hands to spiderclimb

ArcturusV
2013-03-09, 03:03 AM
Yup, they could be anything from Eyebeams to Eldritch Fart Blasts.

dascarletm
2013-03-09, 03:04 AM
Yup, they could be anything from Eyebeams to Eldritch Fart Blasts.

lol. Makes you wonder if they took the nauseating effect for their blast.:smalleek:

Psyren
2013-03-09, 03:05 AM
I can imagine somethin Megaman X-like with the dude stickin to the wall with one arm and firing with the other, but the Spider Climb spell says one needs both hands.

When Spider Climb says your hands must be free, it means that you can't be holding anything. If you stop midway up the wall and use a hand to perform a somatic component, your hand is still free. So yes, you can EB, cast a spell, perform the hokey pokey, etc.

Zenoroth
2013-03-09, 03:08 AM
Thing is, in the weapon and armor proficiency description of the warlock class it says that all invocations, including eldritch blast have somatic components. I think one hand free should be enough to hold on the wall, tough :P

Zenoroth
2013-03-09, 03:10 AM
When Spider Climb says your hands must be free, it means that you can't be holding anything. If you stop midway up the wall and use a hand to perform a somatic component, your hand is still free. So yes, you can EB, cast a spell, perform the hokey pokey, etc.

Thanks! That's what i was lookin for :P

Though an Eldritch fart wouldnt be a bad idea :D

jedipilot24
2013-03-09, 09:55 AM
Be careful when you do this, however. Check out the second of SilverclawShift's Campaign Journals (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116836) for more details.

Zenoroth
2013-03-09, 10:44 AM
wow! I didnt remember that, and there was my answer all along!
I'll be careful :P

I just have to make sure to drop to the floor as soon as one of us passes a Knowledge check against such a creature :P (anyone who reads this, read Crystal Cantrips, its awesome)