PDA

View Full Version : PF, 3.5 Allowed, Charisma SAD Melee Build

Zjordan85
2013-03-09, 03:41 PM
Intention: Apply Charisma to as many of the following as possible: HP, AC, Initiative, Atk, Dmg, Saves.

Role: Front line fighter, Off-tank, Secondary Healer.
Race: Human
Attributes: Str 14, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 22(Before Items)
Build:
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Feat

Bard 1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Bardic knowledge, bardic performance, cantrips, countersong, distraction, fascinate, inspire courage +1|Power Attack, Noble Scion of War

Sacred Servant Paladin 1|+1|+2|+2|+4|Aura of good, detect evil, smite evil 1/day

Sacred Servant Paladin 2|+2|+3|+2|+5|Divine grace, lay on hands|Snowflake Wardance

Sacred Servant Paladin 3|+3|+3|+3|+5|Aura of courage, divine health, mercy

Sacred Servant Paladin 4|+4|+4|+3|+6|Channel positive energy, smite evil 2/day, Domain: Time|Divine Might

Oracle (Lore)1|+4|+4|+3|+8|Mystery(Lore), Oracle’s Curse(Tongues; Celestial), Orisons, Revelation: Sidestep Secret

Oracle (Lore)2|+4|+4|+3|+9|Mystery Spell|Knowledge Devotion

Oracle (Lore)3|+5|+5|+4|+6|Revelation: Lorekeeper

Crusader 1|+6/+1|+7|+4|+6| Furious Counterstrike, Steely Resolve 5|Song of the White Raven

Crusader 2|+7/+2|+8|+4|+6|Indomitable Soul

[/table]

Spells Known: Bard 0: 4, Bard 1: 2 (Harmony, Beastland Ferocity), Paladin 1: 1 (Lesser Restoration), Domain: True Strike, Oracle 1: 5(Divine Favor, Devastating Smite, Wieldskill, Identify, Blade of Blood.

Maneuvers(5): Douse the Flames, White Raven Tactics, Crusader's Strike, Foehammer, Revitalizing Strike

Stances(2): Iron Guard's Glare, Tactics of the Wolf

Items Required: Slippers of Battledancing, Vest of Legends(Optional) Harmonizing Weapon, Headband of Charisma

That's what I have planned out, the rest is probably going to be straight Crusader, which'll cap off at Steely Resolve 20.

So far, I net Charisma to saves, with reflex saves gaining Charisma twice, Initiative, atk, dmg, Knowledge skills, which further fuel atk and dmg through Knowledge Devotion. and AC. Haven't found a way to use Charisma to HP without being undead, which wouldn't fly with this build.

Andion Isurand
2013-03-10, 12:26 AM
If using 3.5....

I would go with using Paladin of Freedom (Chaotic Good), so you can also take 1 level of Battle Dancer (Dragon Magazine Compendium) to add your Charisma modifier to your unarmored AC.

The-Mage-King
2013-03-10, 12:37 AM
My standard response. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11335643&postcount=5) Feel free to pull from it what you will.

It's been pointed out that Battle Dancer is... Horrible. Go with Crusader instead of the dip I suggest there, if you decide to use this as your base.

Or dip two levels of Paladin at 1st, move onto Crusader until you feel like it, Iaijutsu Master for the class features mentioned (with PF's skill rules, you don't really need Human Paragon if you take Iaijutsu Master, I should note), and then Binder/KotSS. With more Crusader afterwards, if you want to.

EDIT: Do note, though, that a dip into Warblade for Sapphire Nightmare Blade, or burning a feat on it would be quite helpful to you. Most of your bonus damage applies only to Flat Footed targets, which that makes them.

Think of it as a backup plan, if the Intimidate fails.

Thump
2013-03-10, 12:40 AM
Actually, you should have an 8 BAB, due to Oracles having a 3/4th BAB progression (0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6 and so on.)

Get Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows for CHA as fire damage to enemies whenever you hit for 6k.

Juntao112
2013-03-10, 01:37 AM
It may not apply Cha to the most things, but it's damn stylish. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?327699-Shiver-Me-Timbers-It-s-Black-Jack-Wellesley!)