PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo's Secret Of The Stars!!!

ArlEammon
2013-03-09, 05:18 PM
I"m thinking of doing a video-less Let's Play of this, if time permits. I'm also looking forward to a discussion of this very underrated game. It suffered from bad translation as an SNES game, and due to it's child like graphics, it suffered from a bad reviews. The game was also very hard, and many people have been so upset with it they have given the game horrid scores because of some areas of the game that were hard to figure out.

Has anyone ever heard of it? And what do you think of it?

JustPlayItLoud
2013-03-10, 02:27 AM
It's status as an almost legendarily bad game made we break down and play through it via emulation several years ago. I can't remember much of anything about it, but I do remember it being astoundingly terrible.

I remember the story being pretty bland and nonsensical in parts. The graphics would have looked great on the original NES, but being one of the games released towards the end of the SNES' life cycle made the graphics unforgivably terrible.

All I really remember was frequently having to switch from one party of unmemorable characters to another party of equally unmemorable characters. I know this was somehow significant to the story. Like one party was made up of the "Chosen Ones" and the others were destined just to help the Chosen Ones maybe?

Honestly I have nothing good at all to say about this game.

ArlEammon
2013-03-10, 07:32 AM
It's status as an almost legendarily bad game made we break down and play through it via emulation several years ago. I can't remember much of anything about it, but I do remember it being astoundingly terrible.

I remember the story being pretty bland and nonsensical in parts. The graphics would have looked great on the original NES, but being one of the games released towards the end of the SNES' life cycle made the graphics unforgivably terrible.

All I really remember was frequently having to switch from one party of unmemorable characters to another party of equally unmemorable characters. I know this was somehow significant to the story. Like one party was made up of the "Chosen Ones" and the others were destined just to help the Chosen Ones maybe?

Honestly I have nothing good at all to say about this game.

It's partly why I want to do a let's play about it. I like it despite all of it's flaws. It has a lot of artistic merit to it, despite them. Also, despite all the flaws you listed, it has some very good music for game play.