PDA

View Full Version : Getting a warforged drunk

Jeff the Green
2013-03-09, 06:00 PM
I'm playing a warforged artificer whose dream is to invent a beverage that gets him drunk. Is there a published way to do this (or to temporarily remove his poison immunity)?

Annos
2013-03-09, 06:10 PM
You could try a magnet?

Gildedragon
2013-03-09, 06:13 PM
There's no RAW way I know of to accomplish your goal.
However, there is a warforged prc that's fluffed to allow sensual experiences to warforged (races of eberron or faiths of eberron iirc) drunkenness might fall under its mandate.
Alternatively you ought to talk to your DM about designing this ingeated 'poison' that suppresses poison immunity. Or as a spell that is "willing only" in effect.

Jeff the Green
2013-03-09, 06:17 PM
You could try a magnet?

:smallconfused:

There's no RAW way I know of to accomplish your goal.
However, there is a warforged prc that's fluffed to allow sensual experiences to warforged (races of eberron or faiths of eberron iirc) drunkenness might fall under its mandate.
Alternatively you ought to talk to your DM about designing this ingeated 'poison' that suppresses poison immunity. Or as a spell that is "willing only" in effect.

Oh, I know about Reforged and I'm fairly sure my DM will allow me to research something. Mostly I want to make sure there isn't an easy way to do it so it makes sense for it to be a life's goal.

JeminiZero
2013-03-09, 07:39 PM
Oh, I know about Reforged and I'm fairly sure my DM will allow me to research something. Mostly I want to make sure there isn't an easy way to do it so it makes sense for it to be a life's goal.

Greater Humanoid Essence (Races of Eberron 186) strips off Poison immunity. It is Cleric 7/Artificer 6, so not exactly easy, but not too difficult either.

Crake
2013-03-09, 08:01 PM
I'm sure you can lower poison immunity the same way you can lower spell resistance or spell immunities (like how an elf can willingly accept a sleep spell despite being immune to sleep effects) otherwise how would all those fiends with immunity to poisons get drugged up?

Jack_Simth
2013-03-09, 08:07 PM
I'm playing a warforged artificer whose dream is to invent a beverage that gets him drunk. Is there a published way to do this (or to temporarily remove his poison immunity)?
Polymorph (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorph.htm). The answer to almost everything. The trick is finding a way to make it a 3rd level or lower spell and suitable for a potion. Maybe make use of Sanctum Spell and do your brewing outside your sanctum? Then the potion becomes an additive for any alcoholic beverage. Of course, you'll need the warforged to want to get drunk, and they'll have to drink rather quickly, but it might work.

Darrin
2013-03-09, 10:45 PM
Polymorph (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorph.htm). The answer to almost everything. The trick is finding a way to make it a 3rd level or lower spell and suitable for a potion.

Skull Talisman (Frostburn). Double the cost of a potion, but no level/target restrictions. Shallantha's Delicate Disk (Lost Empires of Faerun) or Chardalyn could also work (Lords of Darkness/Silver Marches WE).

Greater Glyph Seal might work as well, although you'll have to heighten it up to 5th.

The Viscount
2013-03-09, 11:17 PM
I believe Drunken Master would allow him to become drunk. Drink Like a Demon imposes a penalty, and says nothing of immunity.

Annos
2013-03-09, 11:23 PM
For magnet referance, it was on a Futurama episode...

Jack_Simth
2013-03-09, 11:40 PM
Skull Talisman (Frostburn). Double the cost of a potion, but no level/target restrictions. Shallantha's Delicate Disk (Lost Empires of Faerun) or Chardalyn could also work (Lords of Darkness/Silver Marches WE).

Greater Glyph Seal might work as well, although you'll have to heighten it up to 5th.
Yes, but then it wouldn't be a drink that let you get drunk. A potion that does it, however....

AttilaTheGeek
2013-03-10, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=Guigarci;14862714]There's no RAW way I know of to accomplish your goal.
However, there is a warforged prc that's fluffed to allow sensual experiences to warforged (races of eberron or faiths of eberron iirc) drunkenness might fall under its mandate./QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be in the Book of Erotic Fantasy?

Gildedragon
2013-03-10, 12:31 AM
Sensual with an "s" not an "x", as in "pertaining to the senses"

Also, warforged and BoEF are an odd match.
What's it mean for a warforged to have a high 7th attribute.

otakumick
2013-03-10, 12:35 AM
Also, warforged and BoEF are an odd match.
What's it mean for a warforged to have a high 7th attribute.

Fembots...

TuggyNE
2013-03-10, 06:05 AM
Sensual with an "s" not an "x", as in "pertaining to the senses"

This is technically correct, but it's fairly common to refer to a specific subset of sensuality by the name of the whole.

Greenish
2013-03-10, 06:54 AM
One of the Eberron books mentions special oils that can be purchased from certain disreputable establishments, which are hinted to work as drugs on warforged. I'm not too sure, but I think it was Sharn, The City of Towers. It gave very little details, though, but at least the concept exists (unless I'm imagining the whole thing).

Screech-*Lime*
2013-03-10, 08:18 PM
You could try Energon? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EBUXVZcb2M)