PDA

View Full Version : How to convert certain things to pathfinder

about50heavies
2013-03-09, 11:20 PM
I am wondering how would I convert a warblade class and the warforged race into pathfinder equivalents

AttilaTheGeek
2013-03-10, 11:00 AM
You don't have to do any conversion at all. Pathfinder is meant to be interchangeable with 3.5.

SilverLeaf167
2013-03-10, 11:12 AM
You don't have to do any conversion at all. Pathfinder is meant to be interchangeable with 3.5.

Well, there are some problems. For example, PF removed the Concentration skill, which is vital for a whole martial discipline, and other important skills were modified as well.

Slipperychicken
2013-03-10, 11:16 AM
PF removed the Concentration skill

The check is still there. Treat Initiator Level as CL, add Int as though it were the casting stat. As for other skills:

Spot = Sight-based Perception rolls.

Listen = Hearing-based Perception rolls.

Jump = Acrobatics checks made to jump.

SilverLeaf167
2013-03-10, 12:18 PM
The check is still there. Treat Initiator Level as CL, add Int as though it were the casting stat. As for other skills:

Spot = Sight-based Perception rolls.

Listen = Hearing-based Perception rolls.

Jump = Acrobatics checks made to jump.

Yes, but that was still a conversion you made instead of being able to use the rules exactly as written. As a side note: this makes Diamond Mind's offensive abilities much weaker and thus isn't an exact conversion.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-03-10, 12:26 PM
Make them a autogypnosis check or just add concentration as skill, keep casting defensively and the like as CL check though.

about50heavies
2013-03-11, 06:48 PM
How does the warblade face up against other martial classes in pathfinder

Dusk Eclipse
2013-03-11, 06:51 PM
Probably stronger in pure melee, maneuvers are just that good*

*Note that I am not that knowledgable about PF, this is derived from my observations from reading the PFSRD

about50heavies
2013-03-11, 07:51 PM
What are the warblade's strengths and weaknesses

about50heavies
2013-03-11, 07:59 PM
Aren't manoeuvers martial abilities not magical

talonhawk01
2013-03-11, 08:28 PM
Some maneuvers are Extraordinary Abilities. Others are Supernatural Abilities. The Su variety are shut down by many of the same things that shut down magic, but they are not subject to SR.

Warblades will in general out-damage the Fighters and Rogues, and they will compete with the Barbarians; a lot will come down to dice. They're a nice option, but they really make Fighters pretty much pointless.

Biggest weakness is probably the lack of ranged capability. Warblades aren't proficient with ranged weapons, and they don't have access to ranged maneuvers until later levels.

As for Maneuvers that want Concentration checks, you can substitute Autohypnosis, make a Concentration skill for PF, or substitute another skill. I've seen Perception used in its place.

about50heavies
2013-03-11, 09:41 PM
The fighter truly is more and more pointless

about50heavies
2013-03-11, 10:48 PM
What skill would concentration be

Alienist
2013-03-11, 10:49 PM
The fighter truly is more and more pointless

Warblade is intended as a drop in replacement for fighters.

If you're playing with ToB you should ban Fighters, Monks and Paladins, as they are obsoleted by their replacements.

It requires a certain minimum amount of system expertise to understand (a) that fighters are bad and (b) why.

Leaving the classes unbanned is a disservice to those people for whom system mechanics is a cross-class skill. The only thing you lose is certain one level dips for the purpose of prestiging, but honestly thats a loss I won't lose sleep over.

Big Fau
2013-03-11, 11:00 PM

Autohypnosis would be the best bet.

about50heavies
2013-03-12, 03:58 PM
What are good builds for warblade that are easy to convert to pathfinder

Greenish
2013-03-12, 03:59 PM
What are good builds for warblade that are easy to convert to pathfinderWarblade 1-20.

about50heavies
2013-03-12, 04:30 PM
What about the other Tome of battle classes.

Rblock
2013-03-12, 04:33 PM

If you needed to do a skill, autohyposis would be the best best, though concentration checks still exist, it's all defined here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Concentration).

RFLS
2013-03-12, 04:34 PM
Autohypnosis would be the best bet.

I tend to use Perception, but yeah, AH works pretty well too.

What are good builds for warblade that are easy to convert to pathfinder

What about the other Tome of battle classes.

<X> 1-20.

ToB classes actually share part of their design philosophy with Pathfinder; namely that 1-20 in a class should be desirable. There's no real reason to leave a ToB class unless you have something specific in mind.

haplessvictim
2013-03-12, 04:45 PM
I am wondering how would I convert a warblade class and the warforged race into pathfinder equivalents

Paizo has released an official conversion guide (http://paizo.com/products/btpy89m6?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Conversion-Guide) for free at their website. It covers exactly what you're interested in.

about50heavies
2013-03-12, 04:53 PM
What is the progression for number of manovers and stances known

Mcdt2
2013-03-12, 05:13 PM
What is the progression for number of manovers and stances known

Sorry, my friend, but we can't tell you that. It's not OGL, and as such we could get in trouble (from the forum mods and the law) if we shared it with you. Gonna have to track down the Tome of Battle yourself.

As for the Warforged, they are probably fine as is, but they mey be a bit weak compared to PF's races. You could add a +2 STR, giving them 2 positive and 2 negative modifiers, but that might be a bit overkill, because living construct immunities are quite nice. Drawbacks are unfortunate though (very hard to heal you) but not terrible past low levels.

Amnestic
2013-03-12, 06:40 PM
Sorry, my friend, but we can't tell you that. It's not OGL, and as such we could get in trouble (from the forum mods and the law) if we shared it with you. Gonna have to track down the Tome of Battle yourself.

Wasn't the Warblade posted entirely online by WotC?

Mcdt2
2013-03-12, 07:28 PM
Wasn't the Warblade posted entirely online by WotC?

Was it? Odd. TO GOOGLE!

*several quick searches later*

Well so it was. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2) I could have sworn they released Swordsage online, not Warblade. Whatever. Enjoy, OP.

about50heavies
2013-03-12, 07:39 PM
Where can I get the tome of battle

about50heavies
2013-03-12, 10:17 PM
Also anyone know of a good warblade guide