PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.x] Scourge of the Howling Horde by Doom

Gem_Knight
2013-03-10, 03:22 AM
So, if you don't mind jumping off the deep end here. We begin with this. The small hamlet of Barrow's Edge has put out fliers seeking adventurer's to help the town. The advert doesn't have a whole lot of useful information. It doesn't mention the specifics of a reward, only that there is one. Most of all it doesn't specify exactly what the trouble is. It seems the only way to get more information is to check it out. So- each of you (your choice if you want everyone to already know each other or not), is on the well worn trail that leads to Barrow's Edge.

The dirt road you travel shows signs of regular use. There
are few weeds and fresh grooves show the frequent passage of
wagons. The road winds though moderately forested land.
Somewhere up ahead, you hear the sound of battle.

As you Crest a rise in the road,you see a fight raging ahead. A
merchant's wagon lies on its side, its horses dead or scattered.
Several elves and goblins lay dead, while a few of each
continue to battle.

As it comes time to roll initiative the last elf is struck down. Roll initiatives as you can write in a little of what you would be doing before the sounds of battle and as you make your approach.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Gem_Knight/Horde1.jpg

Character Sheets for convenience:

Alright i've got my two sheets done.

Sadao Yasushi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=526055), the cleric of Heironeous, who has plans to go into Ordained Champion if he gets far enough.

Walter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=525421), the Warmage. Specialized in dealing magical damage.

Torque (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=525962) the Orc Paragon (Soon to be fighter)

And

Lia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=525286) the Beguiler temptress.

Torque will be speaking in DarkRed

And Lia will be speaking in DarkOrchid

Savior
2013-03-10, 06:00 PM
Lia & Torque

Initiative for Lia and then Torque. Lia: [roll0] Torque: [roll1]

Torque, who is carrying all of Lia's things she bought, readies his greataxe, but mentions to the Cleric not to hastily charge the battle field. "We should pair up. Sadao and I will charge, Lia, you and Walter make your way down there after us. Do what you need before then."

Lia nodded at the good battle strategy, only she scoffed when the Orc turned his head. She was going to mention the same thing.

meemaas
2013-03-10, 06:06 PM
Walter and Sadao

Initiative rolls
Walter [roll0]
Sadao [roll1]

Walter stayed behind with the girl, while Sadao charged forward beside Torque, his weapon was already drawn, as a twisted smile had covered his face. He knew there was combat to be had, and he couldn't wait to rush into it.

Walter on the other hand stayed a few steps behind the girl. He was eager to support their cause, but less than willing to rush out with the others. He kept his hand outstretched while moved.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-10, 06:25 PM
Initiative Order:

Sadao: 23
Torque: 22
Walter: 15
Goblins: 6
Lia: 3

meemaas
2013-03-10, 08:25 PM
Any word on how far away we are from the goblins we're fighting?

Gem_Knight
2013-03-10, 09:35 PM
Any word on how far away we are from the goblins we're fighting?

Just go ahead and count your move starting from any of the 'start' squares, even if that would allow for characters "starting" from the same space... Try to give me a good idea of where you're moving in relation to whats there so I can update the map appropriately.

Savior
2013-03-10, 09:49 PM
Torque is going to start on the S, and make a direct line for the smallest red dot, assuming the red dots are the three surviving merchants, the ones fighting.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-11, 12:01 AM
Torque is going to start on the S, and make a direct line for the smallest red dot, assuming the red dots are the three surviving merchants, the ones fighting.

No, there's an overturned cart, the last elf guard is slain as you get there by the three red goblin dots, you don't see any merchants at the moment.

Savior
2013-03-11, 02:33 PM
Same plan, only the larger red dot now. Lia will continue on behind them, only not in a sprint/charge.

meemaas
2013-03-11, 06:31 PM
Sadao is beside Torque, while Walter is following behind Lia at the same pace she is going.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-11, 07:57 PM
Sadao is beside Torque, while Walter is following behind Lia at the same pace she is going.

Should have asked before, Meemaas do you have a color preference for your two characters... updating the map with you guys on it.

meemaas
2013-03-11, 08:02 PM
Sadao has Blue, while Walter gets Red

Gem_Knight
2013-03-11, 08:13 PM
Sadao has Blue, while Walter gets Red

Given there's already a dark red and I tend to use red and black most often for NPCs >.> any chance you could pick a different one for walter?

meemaas
2013-03-11, 10:47 PM
I guess Walter will take Purple.

Gem_Knight
2013-03-11, 11:51 PM
Okay, the lighter Purple is Lia, the darker one is Walter, The Dark Red is Torque, Blue is Sadao, and the reds are the three remaining goblins (There are dead goblin bodies as well)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Gem_Knight/Maps2/Horde2.jpg

The goblins look up, seeing the new, incoming fresh blood. The front two immediately reach for javelins and throw, one at Torque, the other at Sadao, the third goblin looks indecisive for a moment before throwing his javelin.

Goblin 3 throws his Javelin at [1-2] Sadao, [3-4] Torque, [5] Walter, or [6] Lia
[roll0]

Goblin 1 @ Torque: [roll1]
if hit damage is: [roll2]

Goblin 2 @ Sadao: [roll3]
if hit damage is: [roll4]

Goblin 3 @ [*Torque*]: [roll5]
if hit damage is: [roll6]

Gem_Knight
2013-03-11, 11:54 PM
*pardon the double post

Rolling to confirm the Crit from Goblin 3
[roll0]
if confirm crit: + [roll1] damage

*Edit
Goblin 2 misses Sadao. Goblin 3 does crit, and goblin 1 hits, between them they do 7 damage to Torque.

meemaas
2013-03-14, 09:33 AM
Sadao

Placing his hand on Torque's shoulder, he channels his energy into him, and then lurches forward after the Goblins.

Spontaneously converting Bless into Cure Light Wounds [roll0] then moving forward after that.

Walter

Walter closes behind Sadao, and stops to think for a fraction of a second. Holding out his hand, he launches what appears to be a single arrow, which flies clean and clear into the furthest goblin,scoring a clean hit easily.

Walter will cast Magic Missile. At the furthest goblin, so that the melee can take care of the closer ones.
Damage [roll1]

Also, sorry if i take a long time to get posts in. With packing and cleaning and all around getting ready to move, i'm not on the computer much recently.

Savior
2013-03-14, 02:07 PM
Torque

Torque plucks the javelins that stuck in him out, and continues on to the goblin targets with Sadao.

Lia

Lia continues her easy pace to the group of goblins, with Walter attacking from behind her. Taking note, Lia stops for a moment, and begins waving her frail arms as well as chanting. She lets loose a powerful magic wave, that reaches the center of the three goblins, and then bursts in a rain of white feathers falling over the targets.

Cast Sleep, assuming I am within 110 feet after moving another 30 feet. DC 15

meemaas
2013-03-16, 04:55 PM
Nudge Nudge?

Gem_Knight
2013-03-16, 09:06 PM
First off, I totally get that life comes before fun...

second, I screwed up and double moved Sadao anyway... blarg, it's fine, the map makes it a bitch to get across before the Goblins flee if you're not a friekin Monk on Crack, in which case you can't do anything when you get there hardly xD

Also- ironic you posted that nudge so I saw it just as I was posting to reply >.>

Goblin Sleep Saves:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

*Edit, AND THEY ALL FELL DOWN ASLEEP! :smallbiggrin:

The Goblins that make their save (if any) reach back and throw their javlins again.

Goblin A (@ Sadao) [roll3]
damage if hit [roll4]
on the miracle of another crit: [roll5]
and damage [roll6]

Goblin B (@ Walter) [roll7]
damage if hit [roll8]
on the miracle of another crit: [roll9]
and damage [roll10]

Goblin C [The Wounded One] (@ Lia) [roll11]
damage if hit [roll12]
on the miracle of another crit: [roll13]
and damage [roll14]

And then Goblin C drops... Unconscious from the strain of throwing his Javelin...

Gem_Knight
2013-03-16, 09:08 PM
Pardon the double post- don't mind me:

[roll0]

meemaas
2013-03-18, 02:29 PM
Sadao

Sadao lurched forward and plunged his blade into the chest of one of the closer goblins, cleanly ending its life. He turned on the one that was shot, and brought himself close to be able to grab it when it wakes up again.

Walter

Walter stays back, laughing a little, because he still got his chance to blast someone, even if Lia took them all out anyways.

Sadao will Coup de Grace one of the goblins, leaving the other for Torque, and then will be on hand to capture the injured one, in case Lia wants to ask him questions.

Savior
2013-03-18, 06:00 PM
Torque

Raising his greataxe well over his head, Torque forced his large weapon down, and sliced the head off of the goblin he stood over.

Lia

Lia walked to the third goblin, still asleep, and began to tap her chin. " Do you think it was organized? Or are these guys just terrible people?"

Gem_Knight
2013-03-20, 07:11 PM
You also notice the dying (emphasis/reminder on the not dead yet) elves scattered along the goblin bodies. As you start finishing the goblins a small voice from behind the carriage whimpers, "Is it safe"

Savior
2013-03-20, 11:55 PM
Lia

"Yes. It is safe."

meemaas
2013-03-21, 10:36 PM
Sadao

"As much so as it can be, at least."

Gem_Knight
2013-03-22, 07:59 PM
A small halfling timidly pokes her head out from the overturned carriage. "My goodness," she says as she looks at the party finishing off the goblins. "I don't suppose a halfing merchant could perchance be assisted on the way to town, these poor guards we apparently outmatched by sheer numbers of late..."

I take it no one's going to try to save the fallen elves? Should I assume you're looting the goblin bodies while you finish them off?

meemaas
2013-03-23, 06:00 PM
Yes, assume we are looting, thats SOP, but with only one person capable of casting healing spells, Lia's got the trigger on whether or not he blows them on people outside the party. Party leader and all.

Also, i apologize for this inconvenience, but i'm moving across the country, and losing internet on Monday. I'll probably be back around the third of next month, but until then, i won't be able to post at all. Sorry.

Savior
2013-03-24, 01:39 PM
How many are there to heal?

Gem_Knight
2013-03-24, 09:27 PM
There are three elves that would still be breathing but down.

Savior
2013-03-24, 09:40 PM
Lia

After conferring secretly with Sadao, she asserts herself as the leader, at least in these situations. "I'm sorry to turn down fellow elves, but we must think of ourselves, and we can not risk it. As for guiding you, are you traveling to or through Barrow's Edge?"

Gem_Knight
2013-03-30, 08:43 PM
Loot from the Goblins
9x small Javlins
[roll0] silver pieces
3x small maces
3x small Leather Armor and Small Wooden Shield

"As a Matter of fact I am heading for Barrow's Edge, I've been travelling between towns as a merchant, and I was finally on my way home." The halfling finally gets out from behind the cart, still looking fairly skittish he looks around assessing the damages. "Well, look like all she needs is a big push," She says while looking at the cart.

Savior
2013-03-31, 07:01 PM
Lia

"You have yourself a hired group then. We'll get you to Barrow's Edge."

meemaas
2013-03-31, 08:04 PM
Sadao and Walter

The two nod quietly, and Walter walks over to one of the dead goblins and starts kicking it boredly.

Kinda weak post, but i'm back, and i'll be posting at night when i can.

Gem_Knight
2013-04-05, 06:36 PM
I apologize for delays on my side... I sort of at a 'wait an see' moment in my life to discover just how hectic the next months and maybe years are going to be...

"Well, before I can get there, I'm probably gonna need a little help with this," he motions to the overturned cart.

If you go to help turn the cart right it's a Str check, the others can roll an Aid Another for a +2 to the primary rollers check...

Sten the halfling's Aid Another [roll0]

meemaas
2013-04-07, 09:01 AM
Sadao

Sadao starts shoving at the cart, with Walter joining in after him.

Sadao's Strength check [roll0]

Walters Aid another [roll1]

Wow, really? A two on my strong guys roll, and a 20 on the weak ones?

Gem_Knight
2013-04-07, 09:42 AM
I'll wait for you're friend's aid checks, but with just a 6, even with +2 from all four people potentially helping that's not enough to move the cart >.>; wow that is a little sad though...

One of the other two can try there luck with their other PC doing an Aid Another, if that fails we can assume you just take twenty and it takes you about an hour to get the cart turned back on it's wheels

Savior
2013-04-07, 08:15 PM
Torque's strength check:[roll0]

Lia's aid another:[roll1]

Lia

"Since it IS your cart, you can help us." Lia mentions to the merchant.

Gem_Knight
2013-04-08, 01:49 PM
The halfling was helping, it was a DC 20, the first one failed, but your try succeeded this time.

"I thought I ng- was?" Then the cart moves swiftly from Torque's efforts and plants itself firmly back on it's wheels. "Thank you kindly good sirs, when we get into town I can thank you more properly."

meemaas
2013-04-09, 02:07 PM
Walter

"Well, shall we get going? There are heads yet to burn today...." He chuckles softly and motions for the halfling to get his cart moving.

meemaas
2013-04-20, 06:43 AM
Did our DM die? Is this game dead?

Savior
2013-04-20, 03:55 PM
I'm chocking it up to his hectic life. I assumed we were waiting.

meemaas
2013-04-20, 05:58 PM
Yea, i'm just looking for even just a "i'm still here, sorry i haven't been posting, but it'll be a while still before i can keep posting"