PDA

View Full Version : Broken Chains, a One-Shot BC game (IC Thread)

Pages : [1] 2

Elurindel
2013-03-10, 08:53 AM
OOC Thread here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273531

This is the IC thread. Opening to follow.

Elurindel
2013-03-10, 08:30 PM
You are heretics. Condemned by the God-Emperor for your
crimes and sentenced to imprisonment, torture and eventually
death by the Inquisition. Though your crimes are varied, you
share a similar fate, having been hunted down and captured by
agents of the Imperium and incarcerated aboard the Chains of
Judgement, a prison barge on a course for the core worlds of
the Calixis Sector and its capital Scintilla, where the dungeons of
the Tricorn Palace await you. Befitting your nature as dangerous
criminals, you were placed in stasis, held in a state of limbo to
ride out the journey, powerless to change your fate. Now you
have awoken, the feeble lights of the stasis crypt greeting you
as you stumble from your casket. Strangely though, no leering
guards or armoured troopers stand waiting with manacles ready.
Looking around you see others like yourself emerge from their
own caskets. You also note the walls and floor are thick with dust
and age. You cannot help but wonder; just how long have you
slumbered, and what has happened in that time?

Seanfall
2013-03-11, 12:07 AM
Nassor

Purple eyes opened for the first time in what must have been decades if not centuries. Stale, recycled air filled his lungs as he stumbled from the stasis casket. His armor was gone, as well as his weapons and other equipment, He looked down at himself trying to take stock of the situation. Others were waking up around him as well. Something had happened, some shift of fate perhaps.

Nassor took a step forward and looked down again, the floor was covered in a thick layer of dust. "Interesting..." Nassor reached out with his warp sense to feel out any psychic disturbances nearby.

[roll0] Vs 42

Elurindel
2013-03-11, 12:59 PM
Nassor can feel an ancient patina of psychic residue at the very edges of his senses, like the last breath of a dying man, a feeling of freedom, yet one of despair, and the sheer, overwhelming absence of life the ship was teeming with when you were first flung into one of the stasis chambers.

Looking around, you see, in addition to the stasis caskets lining the walls, the last working glow-globes catch a cogitator, the faint haze of its green screen still operational, catching the travelling motes of dust easily.

Seanfall
2013-03-11, 05:51 PM
Nassor

Nassor frowned as warp sense revealed very little altogether. As he had thought a long time had passed since his sleep, how much exactly was still unknown. Spotting the Cogitator he quickly made his over to it, wiping the dust from it's screen and pressing a few keys to test if it even still worked.

Elurindel
2013-03-11, 06:53 PM
The cogitator works, and contains a few logs of information regarding yourselves, the inmates of Stasis Crypt XX. All of your names are here, and your ultimate fate, to be interred and eventually terminated upon Installation Obsidian Magna. Your personal effects were taken to Investigative Laboratorium V.
After this are three months of regular updates, showing times when you and your companions were periodically released for maintenance on the stasis chambers, followed by this message:
Alarms triggered in main prison hold. General prisoner uprising in effect. Emergency lockdown protcols active. Sealing Sanctum Gate between Prison Hold and Upper Decks. Sealing stasis crypts I-XX on Medicae Deck 3. Medicae Decks switching to tertiary reserve plasma power generators.
Lockdown protocols in effect, pending uprising resolution.
Pending...pending....pending...
Scrolling through the updates, all you see is the word "Pending..." repeated again and again. The updates carry on for 71,250 days, as you can tell by quickly scrolling through the timestamps.
Finally, at the end of these, you reach the final message:
"Reserve power generation below 1 percent power. Unable to maintain operations on stasis crypts. Unable to maintain lockdown protocols. Initiating termination protocols on stasis crypt inhabitants...Stasis crypt operations switching to emergency standby. Stasis caskets deactivating. Lockdown protocols inactive...
Remote Access Point available: Deploy Y/N

Seanfall
2013-03-11, 11:27 PM
Nassor

At this time, Nassor chose to ignore the y/n prompt. Instead he decided to try to find a map or directions to Investigative Laboratorium V, If I'm going to get off this ship I'll need my equipment back. He mulled over what he had found, by a rough reckoning at least 200 years or more had passed since he and the others in this room had been interred.

A prisoner riot? Well that's what they get when you don't at least cripple your prisoners. Nassor looked up at the glow globes, if power was so low that they had been freed it was likely they were about to go as well. "Hmm...I do need to flex a bit." Nassor looked away from the screen as he focused inward, tapped into that stream of power that ran through him, through all things. The warp, and attempted a simple spell, to manifest flame in the form of a glowing globe of fire. He reigned in his power no need to risk ripping a hole in the warp for such a simple power.

Manifest Flame At fettered Level Routine test +20 Sustain Free action
[roll0] VS 85 (+5 for PR which is halved at Fettered level, +20 for Routine action.)

cybric
2013-03-12, 01:02 AM
Archrik awoke from his stasis and took stock of himself...the imperials hadn't been smart enough to cripple him. Instead they had left him whole instead of taking his arms or at the very least his legs. He still had all of his limbs which was more than he could say for many of his fellow inmates. Free, he offered a prayer to the ruinous powers especially the weaver of fate for presenting him with this opportunity for freedom. He looked down at the arcane tattoos, ritual scarification, and devotional scripts that covered his arms in a profane tapestry of praise and offering. They had taken his armor, his sacred battle plate. They had imprisoned him, robbed him of that which was his by divine right and he would make the imperial dogs pay for this affront. The insult to grave, the blasphemy to great, in a rage he blares his contempt into the void. In his fit he lifts the nearest mortal inmate that he can see into the air. The mortal barely has time to register what is happening before Archrik uses his telekine powers to rip the mortal in two. Bathed in blood, his rage slated, and his released blessed with sacrifice Archrik looks over his fellow inmates. He breathes deep and his words are hushed and laced with menace.

"And now...now we make them remember why they fear us"

1d100 vs 74

cybric
2013-03-12, 01:28 AM
Archrik takes notice of his fellow astartes...and even more when he notices the witch fire in his hands.

"Witch flame? Quite useful indeed. Which of the powers do you serve cousin? I mean to use this rabble to cover our escape and your powers could be quite useful in these close confines. I presume you can do more than conjure flames...?"

Seanfall
2013-03-12, 01:39 AM
Nassor

Nassor easily summons the globe of fire, which burns just above his hand, providing increased light. He briefly glanced up as a mortal was ripped apart, and then back down to the console he was working with. Than the man who ripped a hapless mortal apart spoke. Nassor trained his purple eyes, glowing dimly in the light of his flame.

"Your rather quick to reveal your plans, you sure the 'rabble' will go along with your plan? Do you know how long we've been in stasis? At least 200 hundred years judging by what I can glean from this console...and the dust that coats everything like snow in winter." Nassor, punched the data he had looked up back up.

"Know that I don't usually give such information freely...but it looks I'll need ally's if I want to get off this ship. I serve the Changer of Ways, if you must know. If you want to know more, you'll have to surrender some information as well, what is your name oh Astartes?"

cybric
2013-03-12, 02:23 AM
Archrik furrows his brow as the sorcerer informs him of how long they have been in stasis. His competitors have had two hundred years to out shine him. He would have work to do but first he must escape.

"the fate weaver often has plans within plans and a fellow sorcerer here and now is no mere chance. It is the will of the gods. As for the the others I do not require their cooperation I merely need them to be as distracting as possible while we are arm and supply ourselves. And who knows the gods are sometimes peculiar, maybe one or two of these mortals will prove useful to us.

Seanfall
2013-03-12, 03:11 AM
Nassor

Seeing the others reaction, he nods. "It seems a prisoner riot, such a mundane thing, caused the Imperium's plans to go...awry. What happened exactly isn't clear. This wretched thing has precious little information. However it does mention that our confiscated equipment was housed in Investigative Laboratorium V. I'm tiring to call up a map, Could you see if their are any useful arms in this room while I do so?"

Elurindel
2013-03-12, 08:08 AM
The cogitator either has no other options, or there is not enough power to allow them to function. The Y/N prompt remains. The sorcerous light lets you see the passage up ahead. The door lays open into the dimly-lit medicae bay, occasionally brought into clearer focus by a flickering stab-light. Your present situation may be at least made slightly more advantageous by looking in there.

paperstsoapco
2013-03-12, 08:58 AM
It takes a few minutes for Stig to clear his head. His body felt sluggish, and when the body was slow, the mind was slow. On hands and knees he blinks the stasis from his eyes, stretches his muscles, and pounds feeling back into his hands and legs.

"Wha's happened? Where am I, and who the hell are you lot? An' where the hell's the Imps?"

Standing up, Stig is easily six and a half feet tall, if not more. While not as tall, or broad as an Astartes, he's impressively large for a human. Long tangles of thick black hair fall over his shoulders and face, obscuring a prominent brow that seems to be permanently furrowed. Strange as it seems, he doesn't seem to foster any fear of the Marines surrounding him, and even sneers a bit at the Sorcerer.

cybric
2013-03-12, 03:22 PM
Archnik looks over the screen. There had to be more in here than just a report. He leans in and starts starts to hack the cogitator for back doors into more systems.

Security skill check: To gain access to more information or control of subroutines.

1d100 vs 62

cybric
2013-03-12, 03:23 PM
[roll0] vs 62

cybric
2013-03-12, 03:28 PM
Rebuked Archrik turns his attentions towards the rather large mortal that had just awoken.

"Refreshing to see a mortal with such...enthusiasm for the slaying of imperials. No matter how impudent and unfocused it maybe

cybric
2013-03-12, 03:39 PM
Archrik, moves past the mortal and cautiously makes his way into the medicae bay.

Seanfall
2013-03-12, 05:45 PM
Nassor

The sorcerer did not miss the mortal's look. He smiled and chuckled, "I'd call you hide bound, but your here with us. So I must assume you call the Blood God your patron." Nassor moved from the cogitator, but than stopped and chose the yes option of the prompt. It was most likely inactive after so long but he was curious what would happen.

Nassor followed the other Astartes, A word bearer he guessed judging by all the script and prose laced onto his body, still their names were unknown to him. Fair, as he had volunteered no information either. That was how he liked it, but..he knew that a situation such as this wouldn't last forever. Mistrust, especially among Heretics such as themselves often lead to rather violent outcomes. The thought made him smile, as he entered the medcae bay behind the other Marine. Lifting his globe of fire to help light their way.

I'm glad sustaining that power is so simple...I get the feeling I'm gonna need to use it shortly. Free action to sustain.

cybric
2013-03-13, 12:52 AM
Archrik searches the Medicae bay. Paying close attention to active consoles and records that maybe helpful and help them find weapons or their armor. In addition he looks useful tools and supplys

Elurindel
2013-03-13, 08:17 AM
Make an Awareness test at +0 to search for anything of use.

cybric
2013-03-13, 09:39 AM
[roll0] v 39 per

Elurindel
2013-03-13, 12:12 PM
Archrik is able to find that while the medicae equipment is smashed beyond recognition, there are bits of heavy piping, shards of class, rusted metal and such that could be used as makeshift weapons.

You are able to find any number of Improvised weapons here, and depending on what you take they can be Rending or Impact.

You also see a figure already among the wreckage, picking out some choice bits of sharper materials. He appears much taller than a human, his fingers much more jointed, eyes far too wide, with a near-lipless mouth that gives off a smirk of cruelty.

"Well, it seems I am not alone..." he responds in a mellifluous purr.

Seanfall
2013-03-13, 01:41 PM
Nassor

"Find anything?" Nassor said as he came in behind the other man. He began to search but stopped as that purring voice spoke, he stayed silent, let the other man speak to the source of that voice, he had come in first after all.

cybric
2013-03-13, 02:43 PM
Archrik

He freezes when he hears the voice. He spots the being in front of them with plenty of materials that could easily be made to maim and kill. Before he answers the purr he reaches out and communicates what he sees to the others of his.

Unfettered Thought sending power: To communicate "possible enemy contact dead ahead. There's plenty of things to kill him with if we have to so find one and spread out while I distract him"

[roll0] v 94

Elurindel
2013-03-13, 06:08 PM
Thought sending works, naturally.

paperstsoapco
2013-03-13, 06:24 PM
Stig attempts to shake the thoughts from his head, uncomfortable with another's mind inside his own. Once the words finally register, though, he moves quickly to follow the others, scooping to grab a piece of pipe as soon as he enters the room.

The man pounds the pipe into his other hand, threatening violence unabashedly at the purring, hissing thing. Surprisingly, he stays his hand, for the moment, allowing the others to lead the way with words. Skilled as he might be, he was fairly certain he couldn't handle all of the others were they to disagree with his actions. . . yet.

cybric
2013-03-13, 11:17 PM
Archrik

Archrik readies himself to pull the nearest piece of metal sized for an astartes to his hands but approaches arms open to the voice in front of him.

"Far from alone my friend. It seems that we are fortuitous to stumble upon you. Tell me who you are...I'm interested but unfortunately for you I can become bored of mortals easily. I start playing with them to pass them time. If you entertain us you may well leave this room alive and with all your limbs."

Elurindel
2013-03-14, 08:10 AM
The alien straightens himself up fully, and you can see he has already begun secreting several sharp objects about himself.

"My name is Telysha the Unbloodied, mon-keigh. I can excuse your ignorance of my reputation on account of your incarceration. Am I right in assuming you and the other captives would like to leave this accursed place? For if that is the case, our goals are currently the same."

Seanfall
2013-03-14, 01:34 PM
Nassor

"Ally ourselves with an alien?" Nassor didn't' need the broken pipes or what have you just yet. After all what was that compared to a bolt of telekinetic force? "Exactly what do you know, that could be of use to us?"

cybric
2013-03-14, 01:58 PM
Archrik

Archrik snickers at the eldar. He had fought them plenty before and this one should be no more difficult especially when up against two astartes battle psykers and an abhuman.

"Telysha. We are looking for a way out. For a way to hurt the other "mon-keigh as well. They have stolen something that was precious to me and I would have them bleed and scream for their blaspheme"

Elurindel
2013-03-14, 04:26 PM
The alien shrugs, a fluid, cat-like motion. "My kind are well-versed in the arts of pain, torture, poison and coercion. Besides, at this point none of us know what is truly out there. Can you really afford to kill me when that effort would be better turned to whatever awaits our exodus?"

paperstsoapco
2013-03-14, 04:39 PM
Stig spits a large wad of mucus onto the ground at his side, sneering.

"I s'pose it matters if you gon' be stabbin' me in the back wi' all your artful pain once we do fin' wha'ever's out there, don' it?"

His shoulders make a circle, both shifting for comfort and loosening the soreness that still lingers from stasis.

Elurindel
2013-03-14, 04:53 PM
Telysha looks clearly disgusted by your act of expectoration, but carries on regardless.

"It is true, my kin have a reputation for being untrustworthy." he concedes. "But it would benefit me nothing to see you dead at this point. That is the most I can offer: Ensure that our cooperation is mutually advantageous, and I shall stick with you while it remains so."

Seanfall
2013-03-14, 11:33 PM
Nassor

Nassor peered back over his shoulder down to the human, "...... out from under what rock did you crawl." Then he turned back to the Alien in the room, "Those are...descent conditions. Are you at all familiar with the layout of this ship?" Nassor stepped a little closer, shining the light from his flame directly onto the speaking Alien.

Elurindel
2013-03-15, 11:18 AM
The xenos shakes its head. "I am not. However, while look around the stasis crypts, I found this..." he holds out a deactivated servo-skull. "I am not familiar with your particular brand of barbaric technology. Perhaps if you can find a way to awaken it, it can help us find our way. Otherwise we shall have to make do with this." he gestures to an incomplete map of this level on the Medicae wall, its features having been scratched and flaked away over time, though still partly legible.

Seanfall
2013-03-15, 12:04 PM
Nassor

Nassor approached and slowly lifted the servo skull with his left hand, he was no technologist. "Does anyone here have the skill repair this device?"

cybric
2013-03-15, 06:09 PM
Archrik

Archrik easily reached out and like flash the servo skull zipped over to his hand

Tech-use roll to repair the servo skull to functionality

1d100 vs 62

"well now let's see what we can see shall we?"

cybric
2013-03-15, 06:10 PM
[roll0] vs 62

Elurindel
2013-03-16, 08:17 AM
The servo skull twitches at your ministrations, before its grav-engines kick in with a loud *pop*, followed by the soft humming of the arcane devices keeping it afloat.
"Remote Access Point XIX Active." it says in a flat, mechanical voice. "Diagnostic: Shipwide navigation systems functional, lockdown decryption protocols operating at acceptable capacity. Database: Functional. Greetings, [HERETIC SCUM], how can I assist you?"
Telysha merely looks on in amusement.

Seanfall
2013-03-16, 08:54 PM
Nassor

"Oh my it has a sense of humor." Nassor addressed the skull next. "Location of Investigative Laboratorium V and recent history as far back as your databanks go." Nassor glanced at the alien again. "So far you've done good, tell me...why is it you need us alive?" The sorcerer assumed the obvious, though it rarely was, that the alien simply wanted 'shields' should a battle occur.

Elurindel
2013-03-17, 07:39 AM
"Compliance." the servo-skull replies dully. "Location of Laboratorium V: Blueprints indicate approx. 300m from your location." it replies. It falls silent for a moment as it processes your next query.
"Stasis Crypts active for past [9...9...9...9...] days. Deactivated when reserve power reached negligible levels. Riot conditions appear to be in order. Please stay in your stasis crypt and await authorities."
Telysha chuckles at this. "The thing has no weapons, so unless it plans to keep us here with polite suggestion, I think we know where our next destination is. As for why I need you alive, there is strength in numbers. Last I checked there was one of your Imperium's Inquisitors aboard this vessel, and those are hard men to bring down." he replies.

cybric
2013-03-17, 04:20 PM
Archrik

Archrik's bearing shifted at the mention of the inquisitor. Could the same inquisitor that captured him be aboard? Escape was surely important but the gods did not reward cowardice.

Archrik committed to sacrificing the imperials left to the ruinous powers before making his escape. He had to reestablish himself as one worthy of their gaze and their attentions. He must remind them. But before he could sacrifice anything he had to arm himself in his holy warplate. To feel his inner righteousness transformed in to warpfire and death while he cut souls to pieces as well as flesh. He would continue the holy crusade that he and his brothers swore when the emperor made them kneel in the ashes of Monarchia. He would tear the imperium apart for its lies and hypocrisy of faith and tearing apart a inquisitor while he screams his hate at them sounded like a wonderful place to start.

Archrik addressed Telysha "Indeed the imperiums dogs can be hard to crack but they bleed and scream just like every other mortal when confronted with the power of the true gods" Turning to the skull "Run ship wide search for any console accessed with inquisitorial credentials. Second query: we still transiting through the warp or have a translated to real space? Thrid query: Available Status updates: condition of hangar bay, generatorum, and ship navigator."

Elurindel
2013-03-17, 06:11 PM
The skull begins making whirring noises as it processes the queries.
"First Response: Ship Network inactive. Presumably locked down from bridge by Inquisitorial authority. Second Response: Ship is still in Warp. Third query: Data not found. Ship network inactive, unable to ascertain status."

Seanfall
2013-03-17, 09:50 PM
Nassor

"Good now we know were our equipment is and we don't have to stoop to using sticks like savages." Nassor listened as the device continued to speak. "A pity it doesn't know more...hmmm..still in the warp that means it could have been a significantly shorter amount of time in realspace. Good. Nassor turns from them and begins to search for the nearest exit out of the stasis chamber and the Medace bay.

"It's not unheard of for non-Astartes to live long lives...it's possible that this inquisitor is the same one who imprisoned us. In which case. Nassor turned to the others a mad smile on his lips. "I think we should pay him a visit before we leave...there's so much knowledge I wish to rip from his soul."

cybric
2013-03-18, 01:43 AM
Archrik

Archrik liked the look his compatriot had in his eye when he spoke those words and he could not help but smile has he heard them. He takes the lead of his fellow sorcerer for now.

"Indeed "friend" I believe that we both have questions for our jailer. I propose we arm ourselves for battle against the imperious dogs and take control of the bridge. From there we will have far better control of the ship as well and we can plan our next move. The bridge is sure to be heavily guarded though I'm sure nothing two armed astates and a rather blood hungry abhuman can not accomplish. However a classic bit of misinformation and distraction might help to even the odds even more in our favor"

Archrik addresses the servo skull "you. Remote access point XIX your new designation is "jack". Confirm redesignation and follow me and tell me what systems you do have access to. If our friend here has access I might be able to trick the cogitators on the bridge that an immediate and un-ignorable threat has occurred. Power levels to the geller field dipping for instance or shutting down life support, a ruse involving the other inmates would assuredly draw defenders to a location of our choosing. Any number of lies could work if jack here can deliver. "

Elurindel
2013-03-18, 09:17 AM
The servo-skull beeps. "Handle designation "Jack" also acceptable. This unit possesses multikey and navigation functions and will take you wherever you wish to go, [HERETIC SCUM]. If doors are physically locked, this unit can override them." it explains. Unit Jack suggests that the death of all aboard or the destruction of ship would be among Inquisitor's procedures to ensure prisoner cargo does not break loose." it suggests.

"So, the Inquisitor would kill all of us, himself included, so we aren't allowed to go free. Makes sense from his point of view, I suppose." Telysha shrugs.

Seanfall
2013-03-18, 02:39 PM
Nassor

Nassor laughs, "He's a practical man I'll give that, still going to die screaming, but practical." Nassor continues to shine his light along the rooms looking for a way out. "Jack will be useful, good job repairing it." He offered a rare compliment to another, the skull so far had been very useful, and from the sound of it would continue to be so for the time being.

Awareness (searching for a way out.) Per
[roll0] vs 42

Elurindel
2013-03-18, 06:06 PM
You spy amidst the gloom a door that lies smashed open by something very large. Jack deems the door to be open, and floats on through, bumbling through the air towards the laboratorium.

cybric
2013-03-19, 03:43 AM
Archrik

Archrik accepted the compliment paid by his fellow sorcerer. Astartes did not often exchange compliments especially during the long fight with the imperium and so he tilted his head and nodded his acceptance.

"Yes, I believe that our observant little friend here will be quite useful to us before this whole thing plays out. Archrik glances at the large entrance that they move through on their way to the laberatorium. "I don't think that this was made by an explosion. Something big smashed its way through here. See how the metal doesn't bend the way it should if a frag or even krak grenade had hit it."

After a pause Archrik decided that not at least knowing the names of his tentative allies would soon become a tactical disadvantage. He turns to the abhuman and the pyromancer, his posture straightening, his voice changing to the voice that had spoken to the damned souls of thousands of worlds and says.

"Archrik, my name is Archrik Kor-Valdri. We will soon be taking the fight to the enemy and our tactical edge will be dulled if we can not communicate effectively to each other. Even the abhuman must realize that. My name is Archrik, war priest of the Word Bearers legion, wyrd-blade of the 9th host, keeper of woes and inheritor of the librum malificarium and I would know your names.

Seanfall
2013-03-19, 04:09 AM
Nassor

Nassor followed the skull as it made it out of the opening, making the small effort required to keep his fire burning and help light the area. He stops for a moment listening as Archirk spoke with no small amount of pride, his name and station. The Son thinks for a few moments before nodding, and than speaking.

"Nassor, of the Thousand Sons. Formerly of the Pyrae, I have no larger band to my name, you'll know why if you know the history of my Legion." When nassor speaks of history and his legion his face darkens and the flame starts to flicker as his focus shifts. Taking in a breath he calms himself and his flame continues to burn. "Formerly of the Warband: The Flames of Vengeance. Ironically that went up in smoke."

Elurindel
2013-03-19, 08:18 AM
Telysha gracefully steps through the hole after Jack.

"Telysha the Unbloodied of Komorragh, the Eyes-In-The-Vortex of the Kabal of the Poisoned Heart."

The servitor hums its way down the corridor. The light here is low, but every now and then you notice a sad pileup of bones that may once have been prisoners or wardens. All but the occasional scrap of cloth has been stripped bear from them.
Jack keeps going along, none of this concerning him in the slightest. He reaches a giant breach in the floor, which must be at least 200m long. On the other side you can see the Laboratorium. Jack hovers along the huge breach, which looks as though it was ripped out into shreds of metal by some giant beast.

paperstsoapco
2013-03-19, 09:05 AM
Stig grunts as he follows the group. There was a whole lot going on, and none of it felt good, or right. Servo-skulls always kind of creeped him out, not to mention he didn't much like being called Heretic Scum. Regardless, he didn't see any better options than sticking with this group; he was highly unlikely to find any more qualified companions here.

"Name's Stig. Ain' got no titles or colorful toys. Fought for the Guard, locked me up when I popped a Commissar's 'ead off for shootin' at me. 'E told me I was doin' too much killin'. I ain' never 'eard o' such a thing. While we're at it, I don' much 'preciate your bein' snide with me. I know you're big, mighty Marines and all, but I ain' your lackey and you can give me a'least some measure o' respect or I c'n hit you over the 'ead till you do."

With that, the man heaves a heavy sigh and his eyes gloss over. It seems protracted conversation has taken a toll on his obviously limited mental reserves.

Seanfall
2013-03-19, 12:55 PM
Nassor

"Very well Stig, we all serve the Ruinous Powers one way or another." Nassor stops as they arrive at the 200m wide chasm between him and their equipment. Kneeling he shines his light down into the chasm, and whistles. "Whatever made this might have opened the door back in the chamber." Nassor than searches the walls, looking for any series of handholds or railings that would allow them to shimmy over.

Awareness (per)
[roll0] vs 42

Elurindel
2013-03-19, 03:09 PM
You notice that the way across is shattered, but it forms a ramp downwards which leads in the same general direction. A smell assaults your senses that suggests that the way leading through is through the Bilges.

cybric
2013-03-19, 03:39 PM
Archrik

Archrik with no small amount of sarcasm says.
"What a wonderful smell we've found."

He continues down into the bilges. Visualising all of his hate and malice into tangible and vicious force he out stretches his right hand as he had done on countless battlefields before. Reciting prayers to the weaver of fate he descended the ramp calling back to Jack.

"Jack, if we follow this ramp what level will be on? For that matter what manner of vessel is this? Mass transport, battleship, etc? The lower sections of a ship is where we are most likely to encounter mutants and other...things. Keep an eye out, it might get sticky down here.

Elurindel
2013-03-19, 04:35 PM
"Recalculating..." Jack scans the corridor accessible by the ramp. "Bilges: Run-off, sewage and corpses reconstituted into useful nutrients or other fuels. Ship: Chains of Judgement. Class: Iconoclast Escort. Weapons removed to support re-fit as prison ship. Internal architecture re-fitted to seal off Bridge from rest of ship, except through Sanctum Gate. Proceed through Bilges to find alternate route to Laboratorium V?"

cybric
2013-03-19, 08:18 PM
Archrik

Archrik's eyes shift to the flame in Nassor's hand at the mention of fuel. They could run into open fuel containers or hallways filled with flamable fumes. But what other course did they have? He had to reclaim his librum.

"Yes Jack we'll proceed. Can you tell if any of the fuel containers have been breached? The last thing we need is to have our Pyrae friend here turn a hallway into a pyre...not that we don't appreciate the light."

Elurindel
2013-03-19, 08:33 PM
Jack makes his way down the makeshift ramp made from the destroyed bridges and sheet metal with no difficulty thanks to his hover engines.
"Scanning. No lethal flammable gases or toxicity detected. Will keep updating." it replies.

Everybody making their way down the ramp, make an Acrobatics test, or Agility if they don't have Acrobatics.

cybric
2013-03-19, 08:47 PM
[roll0] vs 40

paperstsoapco
2013-03-19, 09:22 PM
[roll0] vs 35 Agility (unless it's halved or something for not having Acrobatics)

Seanfall
2013-03-19, 10:57 PM
Nassor

Hearing of the fuel, he looks to his flame and sighs as he lets go of the energies necessary to keep it burning. "Better safe than sorry."

Ag
[roll0] vs 38

Elurindel
2013-03-20, 01:07 PM
Not having it reduces your attribute by -20 in Black Crusade, rather than halving it.
[roll0] vs 67
Those of you who fail take [roll1] damage plus another 1 per Degree of Failure as you stumble and fall down the treacherous ramp. Armour does not apply, since it's falling damage. Toughness Bonus does, however.

Whether your climb downwards is graceful or stumbling, you make your way down into the Bilges. The smell of rot and sewage is pungent here, and jack's light sends scrawny mutants skittering away into the darkness. None dare approach when there are Astartes in the group. As you press on, you find the bilge-water rising to shin height on the humans, and the walls being lined with corpses.

Make Awareness tests. Psykers may test Psyniscience.

cybric
2013-03-20, 03:40 PM
[roll0] vs 39

paperstsoapco
2013-03-20, 03:53 PM
Stig clumsily tumbles down the ramp, splashing loudly into the filth below.

"RAAAHHHHH! Damn this place!"

He flexes and yells at the mutants creeping in the dark, pounding his fists into the walls, though it's clear that behind the rage, he's taken an intense beating from the fall.

So 44 vs 15, meaning I should take 11? wounds, putting me at 2.

Awareness Test: [roll0] vs 35

Seanfall
2013-03-20, 10:25 PM
Nassor

Nassor would have mocked Stig, however he too found himself on his back in the sludge, he hopped up and quickly began to attempt to clean himself off. "I'll see this ship plunged into a sun!" shaking furiously he tried to get all the filth off him that he could. '

Psyscience.

[roll0] vs 42

cybric
2013-03-21, 12:57 AM
Archrik

Archrik cursed as he stood from the fall he had suffered. As the slop dripped from this body Archrik used a subtle burst of telekinetic force to lift all of the slime and filth from his body. Had he not been astartes the fall would surely have been egregious. Even though he tried to hide it with chest pounding and intimidation Archrik could tell that their mortal friend was badly hurt just from looking at him. Archrik moves to Stig's position and tends to his wounds attempting to patch him up as well as possible. Though he was no oracle he had a feeling that they would be needing their enthusiastically blood thirsty friend before long.

"Stay still Stig. By the ruinous powers I'm trying to help you."

Medicae test to heal some of Stigs wounds. Archrik would use bits of cloth, bones, and metal debris to set or treat his injures.

[roll0] vs 42 int

Elurindel
2013-03-21, 08:38 AM
Nassor is able to detect a presence up ahead. A foul, warp-spawn of pestilence has nested here, hungry and in need, but also possessed of a little intelligence.

Seanfall
2013-03-21, 01:02 PM
Nassor

Nassor groaned as he sensed what was up ahead, "A spawn of pestilence is ahead of us...from what I can sense it has some intelligence though not much. Keep the wounded behind us if battle ensues." This was not out of sympathy simply a desire to keep a tool unbroken for as long as possible, Nassor had hurt himself a little on the tumble downwards but had fared much better thanks to his enhanced physiology. Poor humans so fragile.

Elurindel
2013-03-21, 02:36 PM
As you make your way further down the bilges, the slimy muck coating the floor begins to coalesce into a mass of bulging eyes, flapping mouths and writhing tendrils. It manages to focus some of these eyes upon the escaping convicts and get enough mouths working as one to sound coherent.

"Me Lurgach. What brings mortals to Lurgach's lair?" the thing replies in a phlegmy series of rasps and coughs.

Seanfall
2013-03-21, 11:06 PM
Nassor

Nassor groaned as the...thing appeared before them, "We are not mere mortals...Lurgach, we need to pass through your....lair as it is." Nassor looked down at the warp-spawn a look of contempt on his face. He hoped that if he was ever reduced to such a state that his extience would be brief afterwards.

cybric
2013-03-22, 12:04 AM
Archrik

Archrik fought down his revulsion as he looked upon lurgach. He had seen the daemons before, from the entrancing dance of the dark princes's minions, the rampaging hordes of the blood gods fiends, and the ever shifting fire of the changer of ways. But he never grew accustomed to the vileness of the grandfathers servants. He looked on the "thing" before him. Which was covered in too many eyes for any living thing.

"Indeed, we have servants of the corpse emperor to kill.". Knowing that no daemon does anything for free but trusting that Nassors reading of the creatures intelligence was correct. Perhaps they could slip by with promises and flattery. "if you allow us passage through your lair we will bring you many mortals to consume..they will suffer and love you for that suffering...but not this one ...he is claimed in the name of the Word Bearers legion."

cybric
2013-03-22, 12:19 AM
Archrik

Archrik closed ranks with Nassor.

Reaching out to Nassor Archrik spoke with his fellow sorcerer at the speed of thought. "Daemons are not know for their charity however if we were to out wit this fiend he might be of considerable use to us. But if it decides to be unreasonable then please tell me you can to more with fire then light our way"

Seanfall
2013-03-22, 12:30 AM
Nassor

Nassor smirks a bit, "I may have lost some power as I slept, but suffice to say fire is my guide and my weapon."

cybric
2013-03-22, 01:58 AM
Archrik

Once again the look in his fellow sorcerer's had amused him. Archrik had fought with former members of the pyrae before during the great crusade and they had been peerless pyromancers of the highest order. While a pyromancer, a blood thirsty maniac, and a eldar corsair were surely formidable force Archrik would have traded them all to have his force weapon in his hands at this exact moment.

Elurindel
2013-03-22, 08:45 AM
Lurgach nods as he listens to your requests.
"Oh yes. Lurgach help you kill Emperor's servants. But first Lurgach need food. Fresh food. This fare too rotten. Bring Lurgach food, Lurgach help you." the filthy daemon responds.
Telysha whispers "This thing makes my skin crawl...I have spent lifetimes avoiding his kind, and now we are face-to-face with one. Don't tell me you intend to help it."

cybric
2013-03-23, 02:05 AM
Archrik

The xenos's cowardice sickened Archrik. Yes, daemons are dangerous but like a bolter or chainsword they could be incredibly useful when aimed and applied in the proper manner. His legion had been the first to learn the rites and rituals need to bring the daemons into the physical world. In fact his librum malificarum contained many of the first rituals used and penned by his primarch when he first discovered the powers in the warp.

"I will use whatever means available to me in order to recover my librum and to bring down the walls of the imperium. If that means that I must feed mortals to this thing then I will fling them into its. Can you offer anything close to the power that this warp being can bring to bear?" If you can I would love to hear it."

Telysha's value to their warband was coming in to question. An ally in the warp could be a huge benefit however could Telysha have some hidden value that Archrik could not see? He was not gifted as many wyrd-blades of the legion were with the gift of the oracle and so he could not gaze into Telysha's future.

Thought send to Nassor & Stig

"This xenos had yet to show his value to us. If it will gain us the power of the warp from this being then I say it is a price worth paying."

Seanfall
2013-03-23, 02:18 AM
Nassor

Nassor turned his purple gaze from one to the other than back to Lurgauch or whatever it's name was. "What will satisfy your hunger, understand that we won't be hewing off any of our limbs for you."

Elurindel
2013-03-23, 08:17 AM
Telysha's eyes widen in disbelief as he is so forcefully shut down, but he holds his tongue for now.

"Lurgach need fresh food." it repeats. "Upper levels, pale food-things scurry about. No come down here anymore. Bring. Bring as many as you can. Need food to have power."

paperstsoapco
2013-03-23, 09:02 AM
Stig grits his teeth as words once again form in his mind.

"I don' trust no demons. How d'we know we don' feed this thing some Imps and 'e decides he's still hungry. Then 'e comes after us, but bigger 'n stronger. I don't like it."

cybric
2013-03-26, 01:40 AM
Archrik

Archrik was impressed by the mortals show of wisdom in mistrusting the daemon. Most mortals, and more than a few astartes, would blindly grasp at the daemons promise of power. But this mortal smelled a trap...and he was right.

"You say that you need fuel for your power but you have yet to tell us what we gain from feeding you. Why should we not simply leave you here to fester and rot while we retake the ship. What guarantee do we have that as my friend here pointed out, once you have gorged yourself on imperial flesh you will not simply turn on us" .

Elurindel
2013-03-26, 07:20 AM
The daemon does not respond for a moment, the only sounds begun the bubble of its amorphous flesh.
"Trapped here. If you leave, Lurgach get nothing. Not go back home. You feed Lurgach now?" it grumbles, impatiently.

Seanfall
2013-03-26, 11:45 AM
Nassor

"As I said, it possess only basic intelligence. I doubt it could conceive of a plot like that." Nassor turned to look at the others closely. "I suggest we either get an oath from it, or simply try to move past it." Nassor shrugs, "Two of us are sorcerer's of the great powers of Chaos...what threat could Lurgach pose to us?"

paperstsoapco
2013-03-26, 01:18 PM
"A jungle cat ain' too smart neither, but they sure as **** c'n come up with 'get more food'. Hell, I ain' too smart, I still know how to get more o' what I want."

Stig shrugs, hefting his pipe onto his shoulder, ready for either outcome of this encounter. It probably would not be long before the daemon tired of talk and went for the group anyway. It had been a long, long while since he'd hit something, and as that thought crossed his mind, a small smirk crept across his face.

"'Sides, I'm tired o' walkin' 'round damn near naked anyhow, an' he wants us to go chasin' down Imps without our gear."

cybric
2013-03-27, 12:32 AM
Archrik

Thought send: Nassor

"Easy, Nassor...Too easy. My legion calls forth the demonic constantly and no daemon ever has done any service without cost. But may e you are correct and The Lord of fate has smiled on us. Either way the trick to leading a daemon is to always keep it hungry."

"very well mighty lurgach. We will bring you food but we need our tools to bring you tasty tasty food. Those tools are in a chamber beyond you. If you let us pass and you swear help us you will have delicious food fresh and screaming in no time.

Seanfall
2013-03-27, 01:46 AM
Nassor

He nods to the other Sorcerer. "Cooked if you like it." Nassor laughs as he opens his hand to manifest another ball of flame, but remembering the danger of open gas vents and the like decides against it. Lets consider that a 'in last resort' for right now. to die by my own flame would be... humiliating. "We can bring more with our equipment than we could without." He offers in addition to the other's words.

Elurindel
2013-03-27, 08:09 AM
"Hmmm...goood." Lurgach agrees. "Bring Lurgach food from above. Up there pale mutant. Bring down some to Lurgach, he give you what need." it seems to be pleased that you're reaching a conclusion where it is being brought food.
It moves its bulky mass to one side, sloshing about as it allows you past.

Seanfall
2013-03-27, 02:56 PM
Nassor

Nassor's smile widens as Lurgach moves soon he'd have his armor back, his sword. The mutants would provide an adequate test to his weapons to make sure they hadn't decayed in his absence. He nodded to the spawn, "Thank you, we will return when we have the end of our bargain, which shouldn't take long." Nassor moved past Lurgach sending a quick message to his fellow Sorcerer.

Fettered Thought Sending Simple +40
[roll0] Vs 110 60 WP + 40 +10 half psy rating.
....I don't even think I need to roll really but...*shrug*
The mutants should serve well as practice to make sure we haven't rotted over the centuries. I wonder what weapons our mortal friend had when he was captured.

cybric
2013-03-27, 09:54 PM
Archrik

Archrik smiled as he an Nassor moved passed Lurgach. It had been along time since he had spoken with a fellow sorcerer this way and he relished the opportunity. The exchange of mental dialogue was a discipline that he had rarely used in his capacity as a legionnaire. His purpose and specialty had been much blunter. Smashing the foes of his legion aside with shattering impacts of telekinetic force. But as the Long War has dragged on he has seen the advantages of the subtler arts.

Thought send: Nassor
"Indeed, it has been too long since I felt the cutting of flesh and the crushing of bones. As for our mortal friend..." Archrik glaces at Stig. "I would take him for a shredder if I had to guess. The glint in his eyes speaks to me of a love of seeing blood spill and pool. He has the eyes of a predator and as a predator I'm sure he'll be keen to show off his claws. Archrik's gaze darkens and something close to pity or sadness rises to the surface. "Did you ever fight alongside Angron's lot before the change took them? His eyes reminds me of theirs."

Seanfall
2013-03-27, 10:21 PM
Nassor

Thought Send Archrik

"I can say that I did in fact, once or twice. Our legions involvement with them was short lived however. They destroyed everything, while we tried to preserve what he could. That being said...I gained a taste for the joys of close combat, not as joyously as Khornes brood but I do find a small enjoyment it. But I prefer to set my enemies aflame. Our is Stig doing he lacks our enhanced physiology and that fall looked like it hurt."

cybric
2013-03-27, 11:47 PM
Archrik

"he'll survive. I've seen mortals hurt much worst accomplish much before their end. I attempted to give him battlefield triage but I can only do so much with shrapnel and cloth. If we could find some medical gear, a medicae pack or something of the like I could do more but for now we'll have to trust that he is too blood thirsty or stubborn to succumb to his wounds

cybric
2013-03-27, 11:52 PM
archrik

"Stig...how do you feel? We'll soon be spilling the blood of the heathen. Are you up to the task renegade?"

cybric
2013-03-29, 04:32 PM
Archrik

Archrik took Stigs silence for concentration and decided that it was best to let the renegade focus on recovering. He turns and addresses Jack, eager to be on there way and to recover his precious librum. He had only recently become the inheritor of one of his legions treasures but his fellow heretics didn't need to be made aware of that. The librum was a tome of immense power penned by the Primarch of his legion Lorgar imself. It contained many references to daemonic rituals that Archrik was sure would be invaluable in their future "dealings" with Lurgach. He turned to face the servo skull and commanded it to more on.

"Lead on Jack"

Elurindel
2013-03-30, 07:43 AM
Jack bumbles onwards, lighting the path ahead of you. Eventually, the air begins to thin out, becoming mercifully breathable once more. Up ahead you can hear the sound of something heavy being scraped across the floor.
"Laboratorium V imminent." Jack points out.

Seanfall
2013-03-30, 10:09 PM
Nassor

Nassor halts and raises his hand for the others to stop as well. Cautiously he takes a few steps forward and once again calls to the warp to manifest his sphere of flame.

Manifest Flame Fettered
[roll0] VS 90 +20 routine, +10 Psy Rating

A ball of flame again sprang from the palm of his hand lighting the area around them and relieving at least some of the darkness. "What is causing that sound?" He whispered to himself.

cybric
2013-03-31, 02:38 AM
Archrik

Archrik stopped on instinct as his fellow sorcerer gave the signal to halt dropping low into a combat ready stance. As he moved forward he noticed that Nassor had once again summoned warp fire to his hand. Using his witch tongue Archrik reached out with his mind to speak with his fellow heretics, this cabal of the chained.

"The noise is close but the lab is up ahead. Once we have our force weaponry it won't matter much what that sound is or who is making it. We'll give them the choice that my legion has always given. Join with us or die"

Elurindel
2013-03-31, 09:01 AM
Make Awareness tests, everybody. -20 to sight due to the darkness up ahead.

cybric
2013-03-31, 12:17 PM
Awareness test: [roll0] vs 19 (39, -20 for darkness)

Seanfall
2013-03-31, 12:22 PM
Awareness test -20

[roll0] Vs 22 ****...O.o
I'M BLIND I'M BLIND!

Elurindel
2013-03-31, 01:30 PM
The lack of lighting up here has plunged you into a state of near-total darkness, but you can hear the sounds of grunting from a humanoid life-form and the scraping of ceramite on the bare metal of the floor down the corridor, about 20m from yourselves.

cybric
2013-04-01, 01:48 AM
Archrik

Archrik cautiously advances with a outstretched hand ready to smite whatever is making the noise if he must. As he advances he constantly sends telepathic updates to the members of their cabal regarding the surroundings he discovers

Seanfall
2013-04-01, 02:34 AM
Nassor

Nassor moves behind him, holding his warp flame aloft to help provide as much light as he can. In a low voice he whispers to Acherik, "Perhaps I should extinguish the light again...it will help us...but...it also makes us easier to find."

cybric
2013-04-01, 02:54 PM
Archrik

Archrik hears his fellow sorcerers suggestion. Their cabal would be completely blind without Nassor's flame but it would indeed give away their position to whatever was stalking out there in the darkness. Reluctantly he came to the conclusion that they would need every advantage at their disposal and he remembered that stealth and surprise could be an unsheathed blade if wielded properly.

"Yes, I agree. We must bleed every advantage we have in this place. Stealth, guile, and misdirection will be our weapons until we know more about whatever is out in the darkness. We can whisper in this creatures mind, over loading and confusing it on where the sounds are coming from until we are ready to strike."

Elurindel
2013-04-02, 09:23 AM
[roll0] vs 30
[roll1] vs 30
[roll2] vs 30

Stupid forums not posting this right.

As you get closer, you notice a few indistinct humanoid shapes in the darkness up ahead. They bicker among one another as they drag what looks like a suit of power armour closer toward a ventilation shaft.

Seanfall
2013-04-02, 12:50 PM
Nassor

"We might not have been the first to get to our equipment." Nassor ****'s his arm, preparing to strike at the figures with his flame he looks over to his fellow sorcerer. "Shall I?"

cybric
2013-04-02, 04:48 PM
Archrik

His fellow sorcerer was eager to burn and these heathens had dared to steal from them They must be made to pay. He leans into his fellow heretic a smile playing across his lips. "Make sure it hurts cousin. Burn them to ash. But make sure to just burn them" . He hesitates deciding whether he could trust the thousand son with the importance of the librium. Many of the thousand sons had become curators of lore and stealers of sacred heirlooms. He decides that the risk necessitates Nassor to know. "a Librium penned by the hand of my Primarch is among my gear if anything should happen to it Nassor..." His voice takes a hard edge "...then there will be consequences"

Seanfall
2013-04-02, 11:34 PM
Nassor

Nassor can't hide the glint in his eye. "Oh? Well...such a treasure must be protected." He chuckles a moment before turning his concentration to the flame in his hands, after a moment he hurtles the fire in a flaming bolt streaking towards it's target.

Fire Bolt Ordinary +10 Unfettered +20 from PSY rating

[roll0] VS 90 (had to roll 2d10 incase of doubles)

Damage if hit,

[roll1]

Since this would be a surprise round rolling init for when combat is joined
[roll2]

Elurindel
2013-04-03, 01:26 PM
The strike illuminates the darkness for a moment, barely hitting one of the pale, mutated hunters in the darkness, and give you a glimpse of their bone-white skin, and the familiar markings of your armour.

[roll0]

paperstsoapco
2013-04-03, 02:06 PM
Stig shakes himself from the stupor he had fallen into as they walked, a dull, lifeless gaze giving way to murderous intention. As the sorcerers fill their time with words veiling threats, Stig's muscles swell, his grip tightens on his pipe, and an audible groan of grinding teeth fills the air. His vision has gone red, and he intends to protect what is his.

Stig will work himself into a Frenzy for the surprise round.

Initiative:
[roll0]

I can't remember if the human trait gives a modifier to initiative, I'm away from book right now, so I'm just going with base for now.

cybric
2013-04-04, 12:09 AM
Archrik

Archrik sees the wheels turning in Nassors mind like a nuclear explosion. He will have to assure that the Thousand Son doesn't have an designs towards his fathers Librium. "It is precious to us Nassor. Its return will be greatly rewarded. But its theft would bring the might of one of the most intact Legions down on the head of whoever would be so foolish as to steal one of our fathers treasures from us."

He sees one of the figures burst into flame. A blazing scarecrow. Archrik's enhanced senses allow him to smell the mutants flesh start to cook and to enjoy the delicious screams. But more importantly it allows him to see the other mutants. Nassor has been warned, there would be no second warning, and now Archrik looked forward. It had been so long since he had felt the thrill and rush before combat. He relished it, he savored it. His right had formed, almost instinctively, into a claw curved and menacing. He felt it, the rush, the climb, an ocean of rage receding before a tsunami strikes. He had caged it and held it back but now...now he could lose it once more and he could not contain his joy. His right clawed hand raises and he slashes the air roaring with righteous and sacred fury.

Force Bolt: ordinary +10, unfettered +20 v 88

Target: Mutant closest to now on fire mutant.

Power Test: [roll0]

Damage if hit:

[roll1]

paperstsoapco
2013-04-04, 06:21 PM
As the rage fully overcomes Stig, he slams the pipe against the wall and sweat begins to cascade over his body. Only half a second later, he is moving, feet pounding the ground towards the mutants hiding in the dark.

Half action to finish Frenzy, half action to charge closest mutant.

+30 Charging w/Berserk Charge, +10 Frenzy, -20 Untrained, +10 Single Attack

[roll0] vs 88

Damage if hitting

[roll1]

Replacing damage roll with degrees of success, if applicable. Roll of 8, 9, or 10 is a 7 due to primitive.

EDIT: So, 5 degrees of success due to Adroit. So 11 damage.

cybric
2013-04-05, 02:27 AM
Archrik

The power of the warp surged through Archrik. He was alive once more time had dulled nothing and he would be denied nothing. His clawed had reached back and Archrik punched forward spearing his divine fury towards the mutants that would dare to steal from them.

Target: Mutant closest to now on fire mutant again

Damage if hit:

[roll1]

Meters moved if 4 or greater degrees of success

[roll2]

cybric
2013-04-05, 02:29 AM
Plus they are knocked prone

Elurindel
2013-04-06, 07:20 AM
Your combined attacks bring down two of the pale creatures. You can see in the light of your unleashed flames that there are, including the two dead, half a dozen of them. Three of them begin toward Nassor, targetting the biggest, brightest threat, their weight of numbers and knowledge of Space Marines lending them aid.

[roll0] vs 75
Deals [roll1] if hit.

Elurindel
2013-04-06, 07:22 AM
The remaining mutant lunges with his own shiv, and slices at Stig.

[roll0] vs 55
Deals [roll1] if hit

Seanfall
2013-04-06, 11:35 PM
Nassor

These whelps dare to harm a scion of Magnus?! They must be taught what power is shown the error of their ways their closeness made manifesting and unleashing flame impractical. No he'd be forced to rely on a much more base power. Nassor didn't hold back this time, he allowed the great ocean of the warp to flow through him freely no restrictions and he unleashed the full power of the Warp, twice upon his foes.

"FEEL THE POWER OF TZEENTCH!"

Half Action: Push Force Bolt
60wp + 10 ordinary test +2 to psy rating (40+ to test) = 120
[roll0] vs 120

Damage
[roll1]

Psychic Phenomena roll.
[roll2] + 20 from pushing to +2 to Psy rating

Half Action: Push Force Bolt
60wp + 10 Ordinary Test +1 to psy rating (30+ to test) = 100
[roll3] vs 100

Damage
[roll4]

psychic Phenomena roll
[roll5] + 10 from pushing to +1 psy rating

Elurindel
2013-04-08, 04:10 PM
The power of Tzeentch is most surely felt. Unfortunately, it is not felt by the enemy, and Nassor vanishes from existence with a sound like keys scraping on piano wire.

paperstsoapco
2013-04-09, 11:44 AM
Frothing with rage, Stig is too oblivious to notice the Sorcerer's disappearance. Instead, he merely grips his pipe in both hands and swings with the intent of taking a mutant's head off.

All-Out Attack +30, Frenzy +10, Untrained -20

[roll0] vs 78

Damage if hits:

[roll1]

Replacing damage roll with degrees of success, if applicable. Roll of 8, 9, or 10 is a 7 due to primitive.

Elurindel
2013-04-09, 01:54 PM
Stig's blow caves the mutant's skull in easily, and the pale humanoid crumples pathetically on the floor, twitching and jabbering before it dies.

cybric
2013-04-10, 01:40 PM
Archrik

Archrik sees Nassor vanish. He offered a prayer to the ruinous powers on his behalf. He had not known Nassor long but they had both fought the long war and that counted for not much but it still counted. He smiled as he saw the mutant that had charged Stig was rewarded by having his skull caved in. Archrik moves back, let Stig keep them at bay.

Half action: move

Target: closest mutant

Damage if hit:

[roll1]

Meters moved if 4 or greater degrees of success

[roll2]

Elurindel
2013-04-11, 10:06 AM
The Warp fails to respond to Archrik's call. Perhaps the Gellar Fields are re-doubling their efforts to keep the Warp out, for who knows what might happen if they caved in?

Seeing one target disappear, three of them lunge for the other Sorceror, clearly having a healthy respect for Astartes and Psykers alike. The other two attempt to put Stig down with their makeshift weaponry.

Attacking Archrik. [roll0] vs 65. Deals [roll1]if hits.
Against Stig. [roll2] and [roll3] vs 45. Deals [roll4] and [roll5] respectively if caught.

cybric
2013-04-11, 04:57 PM
Archrik

The mutants closed in around Archrik. They were misshaped, pale things now that Archrik could see them clearly. Some how they seemed to know how best to bring down astartes soldiers. They weren't much individually but Archrik knew that surrounded they could bring him down. Swifter than he expected they were on him. Centuries of fighting had honed his reflexes but he wasn't sure if he could dodge them all.

Action: dodge

1d100 vs 40

(I'm away from book so I'm not sure if there are bonuses to dodging.

cybric
2013-04-11, 04:59 PM
[roll0] v 40

Archrik moves but they are on him. His advanced transhuman biology struggles to keep up with the damage as they rip into him. His blood sends blood clotting larimin cells to stounch the bleeding as his body goes into over drive to heal its self. He had fought the long war and he would not be brought low by a gang of bilge mutants!

paperstsoapco
2013-04-12, 05:34 PM
Stig laughs, a deep, crazed sound. Spittle flies from his lips as the mutants once again swing wildly around him. With a chortle that sounds as if some daemonic child is playing with toys, he attacks with the pipe again, a cross swing meant to crush bones.

All-Out Attack +30, Frenzy +10, Untrained -20

[roll0] vs 78

Damage if hits:

[roll1]

Elurindel
2013-04-12, 07:54 PM
Stig's pipe swing pulverises a second carrion-feeder's skull, its pale fellows obviously shocked by the crazy display of strength from the enormous berserker.

[roll0] vs 65

Unfortunately, their resolve it not broken just yet.

cybric
2013-04-12, 09:27 PM
Archrik

Archrik could feel his wounds healing. His transhuman physiology was doing exactly what it should. With renewed vigor he through himself against his would be attackers

Infamy heal: [roll0]

All out attack: [roll1] vs 82 (42 ws + 30 aoa+ 10 infamy)

If hit [roll2]
Primitive 7

Elurindel
2013-04-14, 09:18 PM
Having slaughtered half their numbers, the remaining creatures flee for their lives, leaving you in the near-total blackness.

You gain 500xp for your actions thus far. Combat time returns to narrative time, which means that the Sorceror will return in a minute or so.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 03:56 PM
Nassor

After a few minutes, Nassor reappears where he once was lying face down smoking yet freezing The wound inflicted by his own bolt still fresh looking much worse for wear. It would seem... He choked out, standing up blood dripping from his lip, That I do not posses our gods favor this day.

cybric
2013-04-15, 05:17 PM
Archrik

Archrik slumps against a wall bloodied but not broken. He drifts a little bit and then he sees Nassor reappear from the warp and he braces himself for the horror warp infused flesh change that his body must have endured while in the warp. He is pleasantly shocked to find his fellow sorcerer unchanged.

"You are alive and unchanged which is more than I can say for most of our number that are pulled into the warp. Give praise to your God that he finds you a powerful enough pawn to protect for the time being. He has seen you through this and he will see you through more to come " . Archrik is confused. He's not sure how he can know that what he just said is true but he knows it...he feels it somehow. He has never had the gift of the oracle but he knows that what he just said is true.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 06:17 PM
Nassor

The sorcerer takes a few grateful breaths, I have to agree. usually one of my legion would scarcely be human after an ordeal like that. Nassor moves past the dead mutants, stopping to stomp on the bodies here and there and to the equipment they were taking, he begins to look for his equipment and the other sorcerer's Liberuim with the intent to hand it back to him without fuss or a fight.

paperstsoapco
2013-04-15, 08:23 PM
Following the melee, Stig briefly turns on Archrik, eyes stark red, veins standing out from the skin. Then, very suddenly, his whole body relaxes. The pipe, now covered in mutant blood and skull fragments, drops from his hand. A heavy sigh escapes his body, almost as if a ghost passing from his body.

He turns his back to the wall and slumps against it until he slides fully onto the ground. As Nassor reappears, the man seems almost to not even notice, until he opens his mouth.

"Shoulda known one o' you'd be skippin' the fight. I'da put money on da mind talker, though."

He sighs again, obviously exhausted, and scratches at his scalp, hard enough it seems like he has to have opened flesh. A little more loudly, he turns and speaks again.

"What'd'we do now?"

Elurindel
2013-04-15, 09:11 PM
Around you in the light of the sorceror's flames you see the corpses of the mutants bare scraps of clothing. They were carrying Archrik's power armour. Scratch marks lead down the hallway to an airlock door that is jammed open. You can see a faint, amber glow coming from within.
"Laboratorium V located." Jack declares.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 09:46 PM
Nassor

Ah so it was the other's armor, he let it lie where it was, no need to insult the other by further besmirching his equipment. He turned to the blood specked warrior. The powers of chaos are a fickle lot...and sometimes can cast their angry gaze upon even the most favored servant. Nassor growls in his throat and follows the servo skull's call towards the laboratorium. Though it seems our trials are about to pay off.

cybric
2013-04-16, 09:37 PM
Archrik

His sacred war plate. It had been his so long. Since the beginning of the long war when his legion had razed Calth he had fought in it. He had salvaged pieces from slain imperium champions and made modifications that no member of the mechanicus would dare. One piece he was especially proud of was the skull helm of a blood angel chaplain. They had fought across a valley and he had put up a tremendous fight but in the end Archrik stood victorious. Another item of pride that he had won was a psychic hood torn from a librarian of the salamander's legion. It was a ornate hood shaped by master artificers into the shape of a might dragons head. His helm rested with in the mouth of that dragon, it's teeth wreathing his helm giving him a dreadful visage. He was death and his enemies would know it.

Memories of battles fought flooded in as he started to don his power armor. If any of their cabal was to try and take his Librium for themselves he would be armed and armored before they were to take the fight to them

cybric
2013-04-18, 03:39 PM
Archrik

Archrik notices that while his armor is all accounted for it would be difficult without the nesessary tools to don his armor. He hefts the heavy suit of armor using transhuman strength augmented by his telekinetic abilities to bring the suit with him. There had to be tools near by possibly with his compatriots armor?

"Nassor be on the lookout for arming tools."

cybric
2013-04-18, 08:49 PM
Archrik/

As Archrik passes one of the mutants he ponders to himself. How had this scrum come to know so much about Astartes physiology? Perhaps in life this mutant had seen or heard something that might be of use to them. Archik lifts the nearest mutant up and bites into its polluted flesh. He tears flesh and drinks the mutants blood. An impulse of revulsion hits him as the mutants filthy blood runs down his lips. The moment passes and he sees parts of this things life pass before his eyes as his omophagea organ processes memories of his victim.

Want to see if anything useful can come from these guys. Possibly hidden passages or ways around the ship not shown on any maps?

Seanfall
2013-04-18, 10:05 PM
Nassor

Nassor would pry open any door, assuming he could and cast his light into the room before entering, their might be more of the mutants nearby one could never be too safe. If the coast was clear he'd take a step in and see what the Laboratorium held.

Elurindel
2013-04-19, 10:07 AM
The filthy other-ness of the unclean mutant hits you, like an oily film soaked into your very skin. You catch flashes of a life in darkness, of hunger and opportunity, a finely-tuned hunter's instinct, and flashes of a path to something up towards the upper layers of the ship: A giant throne made of scraps of things that glimmer and shine, and laying atop it a shapely female mutant, her lower half given over to a bloated spider's body.

cybric
2013-04-19, 03:54 PM
Archrik

Archrik tells his companions what he's seen through the creatures tainted blood

Seanfall
2013-04-19, 09:11 PM
Nassor

Nassor looks back over his shoulder, Sounds like that female mutant commands the others...or simply frightens them to it's bidding." Nassor steps into the Lab and begins searching for his equipment. If he finds his companions equipment he simply leaves it be.

cybric
2013-04-20, 07:45 PM
Archrik

Archrik enters the laborium with his armor he places it against the wall. The Librium came first over arming himself. He starts to search the room searching g for the Librium maleficarum "Nassor. Give me some light over...here...AAGH". Archrik double over grabbing his head. His world expanded and shrank all at once. He looks up and sees Nassor armed and armed in legion colors firing at some unseen enemy. The Nassor image flicks and flickers in and out of existence like a old pict feeder image placed over reality. Archrik sees Nassor in his legion crimson replaced by one in twilight blue with warp energy cracking around him his hand outstretched and wreathed in flame. Both images vanish as his awareness of the room crystallizes

cybric
2013-04-20, 09:36 PM
Activate preternatural awareness

Elurindel
2013-04-22, 06:21 AM
Archrik can feel the malevolent presence of some daemon creature within the Laboratorium, and powerful wards holding it in place.

Seanfall
2013-04-22, 01:24 PM
Nassor

Looking over to Acherik he raises an eyebrow. "What happened? You look to be in pain." Nassor makes to go over but stops and keeps his gaze on the room around him, still worried they might not be alone in the room.

Awareness

[roll0] Vs 42

paperstsoapco
2013-04-22, 01:55 PM
Stig lifts his heavy form from the floor, feeling slightly reinvigorated, and follows the Astartes into the Laboratorium. The darkness immediately unsettles him, which is only bolstered by the sudden outcry. Immediately, he attempts to still himself and remain quiet until a threat can be found. His eyes tunnel vision in an attempt to pick something out from the darkness.

[roll0] vs 35

cybric
2013-04-22, 03:39 PM
Archrik

Archrik saw Nassor as he was now. Not clad in his legions colors but bare like Archrik was. "I saw you fight amongst a world of crystal and glass. Pyramids as high as the sky. I saw you wreathed I'm doom fire preparing to smite your enemies. I have been given sight Nassor I know not how but other than that the gods must have a purpose for me...Nassor...Stig...we are not alone here. Archrik looks around the laborium. His eyes darted with frantic and urgent motions. "can you feel it Nassor? It's at the gates. A chained and caged presence. It is subdued but it is there just below the surface. Can you feel it!?!. The frenzied zealous tone of his echoed throughout the laborium

Elurindel
2013-05-01, 07:59 AM
Stepping into the Laboratorium, you notice the lighting is fairly low, and does not emanate from what would have been harsh stab-lights a long time ago, but are now smashed and useless. Corpses have long turned to piles of bones here in this long, stretched chamber. Operating tables and gunsmith benches are coated in dust and decay, holding your equipment, including the Eldar's. Telysha is in the middle of replacing his armour, but is frozen momentarily at what else lies within the chamber: An elaborate summoning circle burned into the adamantium floor glows and pulses with a dull, obscene red light that provides the only source of illumination without the chamber, save for the circle's occupant. A wizened, cadaverous form is hunched over in manacles that loop through rings in the floor. Even behind closed eyes, the being's lids glow dully, before they open, regarding each of you in turn.

"Ahhh, you finally made it." it says in a parchment-dry crackle of a voice. "My name is Karnak Zul, and I am the one who ensured you are living and free. That much I offer free of obligation. Now you are here, I have much to discuss."

"Again, do not tell me you mean to consider this heathen creature's words?" Telysha whispers as the xenos reaches for his gun.

"Silence, son of Komorragh." Zul snaps. "Your kind spend their whole lives causing suffering that swells the power of the very being you hope to avoid. You are a walking irony. Now... he turns his attention away. ....before I was so rudely interrupted..."

Seanfall
2013-05-01, 11:49 AM
Nassor

Nassor began to look for his equipment however he stopped a moment later when his eyes caught the edges of the circle and finally the being that occupied it. Another Deamon, even for servants of the gods dealing with them is dangerous. Nassor raises an eyebrow at the Xenos and Deamon's exchange.

"As before with Lurgach we shall listen to what Karnak has to say before making a decision." Nassor eyed Karnak again, what kind of Deamon was he his mind tried to put together what it could though he still knew too little of what was going on here.

Forbidden Lore (Deamons) roll
[roll0] VS 39

cybric
2013-05-01, 02:29 PM
Archrik

The glow of the summoning circle drew Archriks attention as he recovered from his fit. He had been awarded with awareness that out worked even his astartes enhanced senses. It had been startling but in time he would master his new power as he had long ago before Nakir. Although time it seemed was something that they were in short supply of. Archrik raised himself up. Nassor had started speaking. Their cabal was injured but still lethal. While Nassor kept the daemon preoccupied Archrik would circle around still searching for their bolt and force weaponry all the while keeping the daemon in sight. There was no time to armor themselves but they didn't need armor to hurt this daemon if their discussion turned south.

Elurindel
2013-05-01, 05:39 PM
"Lurgach?" the daemon throws back its head and lets out a laugh like beetles clattering over a blackboard. "That moronic glutton could no sooner give you freedom as he could find his own arse! I can help you, mortals. And unlike that foul Nurglite in the bilges, I shall help you free yourselves from the rule of the Interrogator. The Inquisitor is long dead, sacrificed himself imprisoning me here. And so I need your help in turn."

Seanfall
2013-05-01, 10:44 PM
Nassor

Damnit! The inquisitors dead... Nassor smiled a little as he listened to the demon. "The Imperium always was obsessed with self sacrifice." Nassor took a few steps forward careful to stay out the range of the circle. "You said before we were only alive because of you...care to expand on that a bit." Nassor looked down at the circle making sure not to touch or indeed get to close to it.

Just taking a casual look at the circle not really studying it for the time being.

cybric
2013-05-02, 01:17 AM
Archrik
"I had hoped to make the inquisitor pay for his crimes against the true gods and my warhost. Did he at least die horribly? I too would like to know why you sustained us. It is all very convenient for you is t it?

Scholastic knowledge (occult) to see if anything useful can be known from the arrangement of the summoning circle or the runes used in its construction

[roll0] vs 42

Scrutiny test to see if he is lying about being responsible for sustaining us

[roll1] vs 42

Elurindel
2013-05-02, 05:27 PM
"Well, though the Inquisitor is long dead, his Interrogator is still keeping you here." the daemon counters. "As for how I helped you escape, well, I prevented the teams of Murder Servitors from responding to the opening of your caskets, but that, currently, is the limit of my power while trapped within this circle and with this wasted husk." he gestures to his bone-dry husk that he is trapped in.

Scholastic Lore: The circle looks sturdily built, designed to lash back with minor force if the circle were forcibly broken. However, sufficient Daemonology may be able to break it without triggering such force.

Scrutiny: You feel as though the creature has not lied to you thus far.

Seanfall
2013-05-02, 10:42 PM
Nassor

Nassor falls back on his mindspeak to talk to his fellow sorcerer. What do you think about all this? Making a deal with the spawn was easy it was too weak to be a threat. But...this one appears stronger...I can't tell what it is yet...have you learned anything?

cybric
2013-05-03, 02:06 AM
Archrik

Archrik inclines his head as he listens to his fellow sorcerer in his mind. He offers platitudes, commiserations, and promises of vengeance against the imperium to the daemon. All the while speaking in his witches tongue to Nassor.
As with all things when dealing with the warp caution is preferable to recklessness. How many foolhardy psykers have you seen reach to far or rush in too fast and burn for it. But it costs us nothing to hear his proposal.
Whilst the daemon was speaking just know I examined the runes of his prison. There are powerful wards and barriers here Nassor. We can gauge the might of the daemon by the thickness of its chains...And the chains are quite thick indeed. It appears that if we were to forcibly collapse the wards the force would be redirected inward towards the daemon.
There are sections however that I can't quite make out and appear to pertain to the daemonic in someway. But I do not have knowledge to decipher how they could be useful. My Librium had sections given over to the study of the daemon but I have just recently inherited it.
Your legion is known for its quest for knowledge and truth. Have you come across anything that has given you insight into the daemonic? Any clue as to the nature of this daemon would help us after all Knowledge is power here and we must arm ourselves well

Seanfall
2013-05-04, 01:32 AM
Nassor

Still speaking thru his mind with the other sorcererThe Deamon said the Inquisitor created his prison...perhaps his body is still here? We can't free him, if we were so inclined even if we wanted to right now. If that scums body isn't here we will need to find his quarters or some record of his studies....that also might shed some light on our otherworldly guest here. I am loathe to say this but I agree with the Xenos that making deals with so many deamons is unwise.

cybric
2013-05-04, 01:50 AM
Archrik

Archrik glances over to his fellow sorcerer with a quizzical look on his face."I've never known the children of Magnus to shy away from the warp Nassor. Our eldar friend Our guest is secure in his prison so it costs us nothing to hear his proposal and if we refuse his offer it appears all he can manage is to control the security systems in a limited way which I can counter. I have felt his power Nassor our previous deal with the filth in the bilges would not matter with something as powerful as this behind us. In a hussed whisper "We should hear him out"

cybric
2013-05-04, 03:11 AM
Archrik

Turning towards the daemon Archrik speaks "what is it that you are preposing here daemon?"

Elurindel
2013-05-04, 09:51 PM
"My proposal is simple. I need a new vessel. Something strong. The stronger the better. If none of you are willing to take up the task, I'm sure there are others you could...coerce into such a role." he smirks. "In return, I will lend you my considerable power in taking out the Interrogator and his remaining cohorts. They are likely holed up in the Bridge." the daemon explains.
"Don't worry about your souls or anything like that. I am sick of mortal things. All I want is to return to my home that lies a hair's breadth away, yet so far from reach."

Seanfall
2013-05-04, 10:33 PM
Nassor

Smirking nassor comments once more to his fellow sorcerer. Usually I wouldn't be, but...considering my recent punishment I am... cautious. So...that's what he wants, It seems our Xenos companion may yet have a purpose. Nassor rubs his chin for a moment as he looks around the room again to look for his equipment if he should spot any he recognizes as he his own he'd go to it. "And what Guarantee do we have that you'd relinquish this body upon your return to the Great sea?" Nassor was using an archaic term for the warp, mostly used by the Thousand Sons pre-heresy.

Elurindel
2013-05-05, 08:58 PM
Nassor's equipment is within easy reach. The daemon either cannot or does not make any effort to stop you. Any ranged weaponry you have has only a single magazine for it.

"I'll tell you this, Astartes. You can trust my kind to fulfill their deals to the letter, and no further. Take that for what you will."

Seanfall
2013-05-05, 10:53 PM
Nassor

to the letter...and no further. Nassor goes to his equipment, slowly and with great reference he lifts up his force sword and slowly draws the blade from it's sheath. He takes in a breath as he at last casts his gaze back upon his chosen weapon. His fingers locked around it's handle and he gave it a few test swings, inhuman speed making the blade a light blur as muscles that have slept for years began to awaken. "Finally I have it back." He says to himself. Turning back he looks to the deamon and the others in the room. "Excuse me for a moment freinds, I must... reacquaint myself with my equipment." He begins to armor himself again, slowly slipping on the under armor, and connecting the armor's systems back up. As he does he picks his mind speak back up with his fellow sorcerer.

If we make a deal with this daemon we will have to be precise in our wording, make sure he agrees not to take any action to harm us. And for his vessel....I again bring up our xenos friend. Unless you'd be willing to allow him to crawl inside you. Nassor uses any tools nearby to lock his armor into place, when he is finished he stands before the others locked in the armor of the Thousand sons. Holding a horned helmet in the crook of his arm, smirking he slips it over his head locking the final piece into place. His armor bears, aside from the standard markings for the Thousand sons, some extra ornamentation to mark him as a sorcerer.

cybric
2013-05-07, 02:43 AM
Archrik

Archrik clamped the last piece of his armor together and felt whole again. His skull helm making a satisfying snap as he was made whole again. His holy robes fluttered as he moved, his vestments filling him with righteous power. He wrapped the small cord with what appeared to be beads around his wrist. To a casual observer it would appear to be a dark mirror of a rosarius used within the imperium 18 large crimson beads marked sections with 9 smaller beads in between. 18 beads each formed from the blood of an astartes from the 18 original legions that he had killed. The blood had been compressed and treated with dark and terrible technologies until it had become hard like stone. For Archrik it was a item of great power that helped him draw power. He speaks without speaking to his fellow sorcerer We must indeed be cautious. As he said he will obey to the letter of the agreement and so we must be thorough. He must not be given the opportunity to betray us but he will be most useful. I believe that our Eldar friend may have found his purpose. He is from what I can tell healthy and in strong form so I can see out "friend" here having little trouble taking him

Seanfall
2013-05-08, 01:52 PM
Nassor

Still speaking with his mind he replies to Archrik, We are agreed then, do you think it is safe to reach out to the deamon with our minds? Make our offer so that the Xenos cannot hear us? He will surely attempt to stop us if our plans are made known...and I hate to admit it that he is in better shape than we are right now. I am not an expert on his people but they are known for their speed. Nassor returns his attention to the Daemon and inspects the daemon's cage.

Scholastic Lore (occult) to see if it's safe to mind speak with the Daemon.

[roll0] vs 39

cybric
2013-05-08, 02:34 PM
[roll0] vs 42

Scholastic knowledge (occult) to see if we would be harmed by mind speaking with the daemon

Archrik considers Nassors proposal. The eldar were indeed lithe but he felt that he could trap there friend with his kine powers and hold him in place without trouble. He scoured his memory for any piece of information that he had learned through the years in the long war that would be useful. He had spent hours in the legions librarium pouring over scrolls and manuscripts on the occult.

Elurindel
2013-05-08, 03:39 PM
Archrik can determine that you can mind-speak with the creature. In the meantime, however, Telashyr is becoming disturbed by your silence.

cybric
2013-05-08, 06:21 PM
Archrik

Archrik could tell that the eldar was becoming suspicious of them as they spoke. He began to speak aloud but what he said was pointless flatteries and round abou questions meant to distract their eldar friend. Whilst he spoke he sent his thoughts to his fellow sorcerer and Stig with a request that Stig not shout out his response.

"We will be fine talking to this creature with our thoughts. Whether he can speak back in a similar fashion remains to be seen. Have you dealt with or studied daemons in the past? We should send him terms of our agreement but it would be useful if there were golden rules to set with daemons.

Elurindel
2013-05-10, 08:02 AM
++You plan to betray somebody then?++ you hear a voice easing into your mind, quiet and distorted. ++It matters not whom you bring me, as long as I get out of here.++

cybric
2013-05-10, 12:22 PM
Archrik

Archrik and Nassor finished agreeing to the terms they would set for the daemon. Archrik responded to the presence in his mind

++I believe our Eldar friend here will serve quite well. We have terms though daemon before we allow you to leave. Agree to them and you shall have a new form++

Elurindel
2013-05-10, 02:45 PM
++State your terms then, mortal.++ he replies expectantly.

cybric
2013-05-10, 03:29 PM
Archrik states their terms in a firm but diplomatic thought voice through his mind

They are the ones that we posted in the OC forum

++What say you daemon?++

Seanfall
2013-05-10, 09:54 PM
Nassor

"Our Eldar friend, tell me how are you holding up? I missed you during our fight with the Mutants." He said in a rather dry tone, "But maybe now that you have your equipment back you'll be of use in the next scuffle." he adds with a sarcastic tone moving around the room to see if he's missed anything. Slowly moving in a wide berth behind the Xenos.

Mind Speaking once again to the Daemon this time, Well did my comrade give you our terms? if so what is your answer? Speaking normally he looks to the human berserker. "Did you gather your things yet?"

Elurindel
2013-05-12, 08:51 AM
Zul nods his agreement "These terms are acceptable. Until the Interrogator is dead, I shall abide by those terms. Now, release me."

Telashyr is regarding you with a look of suspicion. "Indeed. If you'll excuse me, I have no desire to stay anywhere near a thing of Shai'el." he turns to leave.

cybric
2013-05-12, 10:26 PM
Archrik

Archrik growls as the eldar leaves. He begins to pace after him anger taking hold of him. "Worthless xenos. You won't fight, you won't work, you won't help. You have done nothing but use us to clear your path. I gave you every chance every opportunity to give us a way out but you refused and now you have brought this upon yourself."

Archrik reaches out with his mind and lifts Tel into the air tightening his grip so that the eldar can not break free

"Nassor break it up. Our eldar friend is finally going to help"

Precision tele to grab our eldar friend and hold him immobile in the air so he can't cause trouble

1d100 vs 88

cybric
2013-05-13, 07:32 PM
Precision tele to hold our eldar friend suspended in mid air so he can't cause trouble

[roll0] vs 88

Seanfall
2013-05-13, 10:43 PM
Nassor

Turning his attention back to the Circle and the Daemon, he tries again to figure out how to allow the Daemon to posses the Eldar without just destroying the circle and harming it's inhabitant.

Forbidden Lore: Daemonology

[roll0] Vs 39

cybric
2013-05-13, 11:01 PM
Daemonolgy untrained roll to release daemon unharmed

[roll0] vs 22

Elurindel
2013-05-15, 10:26 AM
Archrik's attempts finally break the circle, but not before it has zapped Nassor for his attempt at breaking it.
Nassor takes [roll0] damage, ignoring armour.

Zul chuckles as the wards die down, flecks of dried flesh tumbling from his mouth and throat.

"Yeeeeeees....now give me the Eldar so I may be free of this husk!"

"Wretched Mon-keigh..." Telysha manages to sputter. "Your deeds will come back on you a hundred-fold."

Seanfall
2013-05-15, 02:19 PM
Nassor

Another hit to his pride, and body, Nassor shakes it off after a moment. "Our apologies Eldar, I know what it is to be betrayed. But fear not, your soul shall be claimed by the Great gods of the Great Ocean. You should be honored." Nassor turns to the Daemon, "In the name of the lord of lies we make this offering. This Eldar's body and soul are yours if you wish it."

Elurindel
2013-05-15, 02:47 PM
The daemon cackles as its tainted essence leaps free of the old, dry husk it had inhabited, the screaming xenos struggling for a few moments before it tumbles to the floor, twitching. It then rights itself, its feet never quite touching the ground. It holds up the splinter rifle, and simply tosses it aside, favouring the sharp, venomous blade locked to its hip.

"I am ready to move on." Zul says, his voice somewhat different, as though it and the Eldar speak as one now.

cybric
2013-05-16, 09:47 PM
Archrik

Well it seems the the eldar was good for something Archrik thought to himself. With Zuls help they would take this ship.

"Well now that our new friend has joined us we can begin. All that remains is to secure the ship, the navigator, and the bridge. Oh and eliminate a presumedly heavily armed interrogator with a unknown number of arbites, imperial guard troops, and or shock troopers at his disposal. Should not be too difficult for the four of us plus jack to accomplish. First though we must gather ourselves and make sure that we are as prepared as possible".

Archrik activates a decadently decorated medkit from his pouch. It unfurls its self rolling down his thigh like a butchers belt. With tools in hand he goes about applying first aid to his comrades sewing flesh where ever needed

So I have a int bonus of four so I believe that I heal 4 wounds. Do I need to roll for that? And if so are additional wounds healed per degrees of success?

Elurindel
2013-05-17, 10:12 AM
How you heal up is dependant on whether or not you succeed, if I remember correctly. You heal a number of wounds equal to your Int bonus, and a Medicae test is necessary. Failure by four or more degrees indicates that you ended up harming the subject in question instead of healing them.

cybric
2013-05-17, 02:34 PM
[roll0] vs 72

Seanfall
2013-05-17, 11:03 PM
Nassor

Nassor stands up after his treatment from Archrik. "I am grateful for that, thank you." Adjusting his equipment again he casts about the room for anything useful. The discarded eldar weapon catches his eye, carefully he picks it up. "Hmmm..." he contemplates it as he looks the weapon over.

Scrutiny
[roll0] VS 39

trying to see if I can figure out how to fire it, since it is Xenos tech.

Elurindel
2013-05-18, 12:57 PM
The weapon looks like it is simple enough to operate, as any other gun, though it will take some time and adaptation to do so with any degree of certainty.

You would need to get the gun adapted to fit Astartes hands to fire without a -20. In addition, the gun is an Exotic weapon, and imposes its own -20 penalty for that.

"Well now, did you actually have a plan for escaping?" the daemon asks, a little condescendingly.

Seanfall
2013-05-20, 11:06 PM
Nassor

The weapon is, currently not very useful to him. Still it could come in handy later on so he stores it on his person out of sight. "This servo-skull here has a map of the ship. Our plan is gather information on any remaining forces here, locate them, and find a way to deal with them. Who knows, some might be reasoned with. Others we can simply eliminate. We need to find the ships core processes and decide which to keep on which to stop. In short we don't have enough information on the current state of things. And I loathe not knowing."

cybric
2013-05-21, 04:35 PM
Archrik

"Agreed, we must also deal with the very real possibility of the interrogator destroying the ship".

Elurindel
2013-05-21, 06:08 PM
The now-graceful daemonhost moves, almost with feline swaying of its hips over to the doorway, grateful to test new legs after a couple of centuries of neglect and desiccation.

"Your cells had cogitators within them that had some data on the functions of the ship, had you cared to check them." the daemon points out. "As it is, there are several places we could go: The gates, the prison cells for the lower-profile captives, and the old gunnery decks. What lies in wait for us I cannot say, save that the mutants are most numerous up near the gate."

Seanfall
2013-05-21, 11:37 PM
Nassor

Cursing himself for having missed them back in his cells, he sighs heavily. "We shall need fodder then, The cells for the Lower-profile captives. We go there, convince them to fight for us. If their still imprisoned, and alive that is. Useful chaff."

cybric
2013-05-22, 12:25 AM
"Useful indeed when we confront the mutants again it would be best to have as much chaff between them and us. I have seen a vision of a woman with the body of a spider. Do you know anything about her? the vision was ripped from the blood of one of the mutants and it also showed her being on the upper levels. Jack, can you detect any obstructions between here and where our new friend has described the prisoners are?". No reason while Archrik could not multitask.

Elurindel
2013-05-22, 12:37 PM
"You speak of the Queen of Scraps and Shards." Zul explains."She leads them in finding shiny things for her throne, warm things to eat, and dreams of a place where the ceiling is so high you cannot see it, and is not a shade of gunmetal. As for the prison sector, I cannot say. There is much death surrounding it."

"No obstructions have been reported. Data has not been updated in Seven...ty...thousand...and...fifty...days." Jack replies.

Seanfall
2013-05-24, 12:07 AM
Nassor

"Death around the prisoners...perhaps their fighting amongst themselves...Or the stasis chambers are failing." Nassor thinks for a few moments walking around the room appearing pensive. "Perhaps we are wrong to want to seek out the Prisoners? These are mutants, touched by Chaos after all....If we were able to convince this queen of Scraps to our side. Maybe by offering her what she dreams of? A sky without a ceiling?"

cybric
2013-05-24, 01:04 AM
archrik

Archrik pondered Nassor proposal. It was true that the queens underlings were clearly touched by the gods. He agreed that if the queen could be turned to their purposes then she could be a powerful ally indeed. But Archrik remembered their encounter with the mutants.

"They seemed to know precisely where to strike us Nassor. They knew astartes weaknesses and shatter points too well to risk another open fair fight. The mutants knew how to hurt us, so what is to stop them from killing us outright. Two astartes and a menacing human are mighty but two astartes with a menacing human along with an unknown number of fighters could be very threatening. We need an army if we are to convince the queen that she should join us. As of right now we bring only ourselves to the table. So we must make helping us a better choice than killing us. I propose we recruit as many as we can. Confront the queen and secure her forces by whatever means available this will put us in a better position once we begin to assault the imperials in earnest. Once this happens we will need ever advantage to secure the ship. Once the ship is ours we shall see about her ceilingless sky."

Elurindel
2013-05-24, 11:17 AM
"I shall defer to your decision. I care not either way, as long as I may take my leave afterwards. I can, however, offer some advice if you ask something." Zul offers.

Seanfall
2013-05-24, 02:18 PM
Nassor

"Hmmm...I agree with my Fellow sorcerer. We must be in a position of power when we deal with this Queen of Scraps." Nassor moves out into the hallway and picks up two of the dead mutants. "Wait here I'll take these back to Lurgach, it won't be but a moment." With that he carries/drags the mutants bodies back to Lurgach.

Elurindel
2013-05-24, 02:27 PM
Zul waits in place while you take the mutant corpses back to the Bilges. The trip is thankfully uneventful.
The foetid daemon arises from its bulges, splashing over to you eagerly.
"You bring Lurgach food! Give food now." it urges, its entire form visibly quaking internally with its ravenous hunger.

Seanfall
2013-05-24, 02:35 PM
Nassor

"Remember, if you choose to try to eat me as well. You'll pay with your life." With that Nassor drops both of the bodies in front of the Daemon spawn. "Eat well, and with that our Promise is fulfilled and our business concluded." He backs away from Lurgach, and watches him for a moment, to ensure the Daemon doesn't try to add another course to his meal.

Elurindel
2013-05-24, 02:43 PM
The Warp-beast chews the corpses down with disgusting quickness, and then eyes Nassor with its beady black eyes. "Lurgach need more before Lurgach break free." it states.

Scrutiny test at +20

Seanfall
2013-05-24, 02:58 PM
[roll0] vs 39 +20 59

Elurindel
2013-05-24, 03:15 PM
You are fairly certain Lurgach not only has no intention of helping you, but that he wouldn't have the first idea how to.
Make an Awareness test at +10.

Seanfall
2013-05-24, 03:55 PM
vs 42 +10 52

Elurindel
2013-05-24, 08:14 PM
Within the centre mass of Lurgach, you spot something you hadn't noticed before: It appears to be a small metallic object, but the mass of nastiness within him obscures the rest of it.

Seanfall
2013-05-24, 11:41 PM
Nassor

His eyes gleam as he spies the Metallic object. He moves back closer to the spawn. "Lurgach, your lieing to me. You don't even have the slightest idea about how to help us, nor do you posses the power." Nassor's hand moves like lightning and his blade appears in his hand, the tip pointing down to the spawn. "There's something within your body, A metallic object of some sort. Surrender it to me and I will leave you in peace."

Elurindel
2013-05-25, 08:17 AM
Make an Intimidate test at -10

Seanfall
2013-05-25, 06:22 PM
[roll0] vs 15 50 halved for not having it trained - 10

Elurindel
2013-05-26, 10:49 AM
Lurgach is so unimpressed by Nassor's threat it lunges, intent on claiming the Astartes as his next meal.

[roll0] vs 75, dealing [roll1]Rending damage, pen 2, if it hits.

Seanfall
2013-05-26, 06:10 PM
Nassor

As the Daemon strikes, a rage builds in Nassor, "You stupid, pathetic filth, I honor a deal with you when you have nothing to offer and this is how you repay me?" Nassor retaliates by lashing out in an all out attack with his Force Sword, "Disappear."

All out attack
[roll0] VS 80 (50 WS +30 from All out attack)

Damage
[roll1] Rending Damage Pen: 2

Also with Pen 2 he only ignores 2 points of armor, my soak over all my body is above 8 even with pen 2 so...and correct me if I'm wrong. But I don't think I even felt that attack. I could be wrong though...I probably am let me double check.

Elurindel
2013-05-27, 03:17 PM
You strike and deal damage. If you're using a Force Weapon remember you can attempt to deal additional damage as per the Force Weapon rules. Here's Lurgach's opposed WP if you decide to use it:
[roll0]

Seanfall
2013-05-28, 11:52 AM
I remembered part of that, I forgot that I add my PSY rating to the weapons damage and penetration. So it's Pen is actually 4 and the damage would be with my PSY rating of 2: 15.

[roll0] vs 60

Seanfall
2013-05-28, 12:04 PM
Damn it...
[roll0] vs 60

Well I hurt him but I don't get the extra power.

Elurindel
2013-05-28, 02:41 PM
Your strike sends bits of Lurgach splattering all over you and the bilges. While not truly killable, you render him unable to so much as move or speak, and he dissolves back into the bilge wastes. The metallic object appears to be a sealed plastek box concealing a digital key of some sort.

Seanfall
2013-05-28, 02:53 PM
Nassor

"Remember this lesson Lurgauch." Nassor reaches down and picks up the sealed box, looking it over he turns and heads back to the others.

Elurindel
2013-05-29, 01:40 PM
The box appears to have survived the centuries of neglect. Inside the keycard appears to be highly ornate, carved with filigree and human bone amongst the length of it, and even built in along the key's very teeth.

Seanfall
2013-05-31, 12:13 AM
Nassor

Being very careful Nassor looks the key over for a moment. "Hmmm...the Imperium always was fixated with such ornateness." He forgoes taking a closer look until he gets back to the others. Taking care to wipe the remains of Lurgauch off of his armor.

Elurindel
2013-05-31, 10:02 AM
Thankfully your return to the others is equally uneventful, and you bring with you the prize. Zul's eyes focus upon it with laser intensity. "Ahhh, the key to the gate! You have done well..."

Seanfall
2013-05-31, 12:56 PM
Nassor

"You may thank the late Lurgauch for that, I kept my bargin and the fool of a spawn attempted to eat me. He is now smeared across the floor and walls." Nassor carefully returns the key to it's container and closes it, to keep it safe. "Ah but at least we have a momento to remember him by." His voice dripping with sarcasm.

Elurindel
2013-05-31, 04:54 PM
Zul shrugs. "Well, I did say the thing was an idiot. No matter. Perhaps now we can find a way out of here?"

Seanfall
2013-05-31, 11:22 PM
Nassor

"Well he was useful after he was dead." Nassor shrugs, stowing the boxed key amongst his things. "Yes lets get moving. We agreed to recruit the other prisoners first correct?" Nassor turned to his fellow sorcerer. "Let us be on our way then."

cybric
2013-05-31, 11:34 PM
"Agreed, the prisoners will make for good cover if nothing else but you never know one or two of them might prove actually useful"

Seanfall
2013-06-02, 09:24 PM
Nassor

"Our new compatriot mentioned death surrounding place. Be prepared for a fight." Nassor turned to Jack, "Plot a course to the prison facility's Jack, allow for new data as we move."

Elurindel
2013-06-03, 02:09 PM
"Plotting course." Jack sets out on his course, sweeping his light around neglected, rust and blood-filled corridors as they go, all of it dry and steeped in age and forgotten history.

Everybody roll Operate (Surface) [roll0]

Seanfall
2013-06-03, 06:46 PM
Operate (surface) roll
[roll0] vs 38

cybric
2013-06-03, 10:33 PM
[roll0] vs 40

cybric
2013-06-04, 12:53 AM
As Archrik and allies move towards the prison cells he continues to explore his new talents. He had been blessed by the gods with sight and he would not insult them by wasting their blessings. As the moved Archrik would gently expand his awareness. Reaching and probing so that they would not missing anything useful or be taken unawares by more mutants.

Activating unnatural awareness at fettered level so I believe that gives me a automatic dos. I'm looking out for ambushes but specifically also for anything useful. I know its a tall order but a auspex would be useful but in general he's looking for things of utility

Elurindel
2013-06-05, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately Jack attempts to take the group places they are unfamiliar with, his ability to re-route in the face of the degradation of the ship being embarrassingly poor. Jack brings the group to a bridge that has since collapsed, along with the next two floors down, leaving about a 10m drop. The gap itself is about 5m wide, so with a sufficient jump, the gap could be cleared. Otherwise, the only alternative route he can find is pitch-black, and leads straight through a flooded lake of what smells like promethium.

Seanfall
2013-06-05, 03:58 PM
Nassor

The moment the smell of that dangerously flammable liquid crosses his nostrils Nassor extinguishes any witch flame he had conjured. "Hmm...seems our options are limited. We risk jumping again, or going through a lake of combustible fuel."

cybric
2013-06-06, 12:39 AM
"if we were to go through the lake and something were to happen could you control the ensuing fire?"

cybric
2013-06-06, 03:18 PM
With a hint of challenged Archrik turns slightly to Zul. "Surely our demonic friend here might be able to lend some fiendish assistance to our predicament?"

Seanfall
2013-06-07, 11:00 AM
Nassor

"Were I the man I was when I was when I was captured...But as I am now no...I cannot keep control over that large a flame."

Elurindel
2013-06-07, 11:53 AM
Zul rolls his eyes. "I suppose I could carry you." he sighs.

cybric
2013-06-11, 11:26 PM
Archrik smiles as the daemon says the words. Carry them? How marvelously demeaning for this champion of the warp. "Wonderful Zul that would solve our problem nicely"

Seanfall
2013-06-11, 11:44 PM
Nassor

Nassor looks over his shoulder at the two. "....I will pass. So what is it? We take our chance with the jump or swim through this fuel? I believe we should chance the jump now that we have our armor back."

cybric
2013-06-11, 11:56 PM
"jump it is then"

Elurindel
2013-06-12, 08:01 AM
Make an Athletics test at +0. If you succeed, you jump a number of metres equal to your SB, plus another half metre for each Degree of Success. This is a time where you may wish to use an Infamy Point to boost your result by +10.

Seanfall
2013-06-12, 11:23 AM
I'm gonna take that advice and spend a Infamy point to boost my score.

[roll0] vs 60 (50 SB + 10 from Infamy)

cybric
2013-06-12, 03:22 PM
[roll0] vs 59

39 + 10 infamy + 10 glimpse

Elurindel
2013-06-12, 03:55 PM
Nassor scales the jump, clanging on the other side of the bridge, but Archrik narrowly misses and begins falling. Zul extends a hand, and the air curdles as he attempts to manipulate the Warp in order to save the Astartes from falling.

Pushing Telekinesis for a +10 to the roll. vs 70. Rolling for Phenomena [roll1] and Perils of the Warp if applicable [roll]/1d100

Elurindel
2013-06-12, 03:58 PM
Damn dice roller. Ok, here goes. Hold onto your hats, people. here comes the Perils! [roll0]

Zul manages to pull Archrik up, but his eyes are smoking with warp-stuff, and he looks somewhat drained. "Argh! Always the risk of trying to manipulate the Warp through a Gellar Field." it curses, hovering over to stand beside the two of you. "I'll not be able to use my Warp talents for a while. I suppose I shall really get to see what this Eldar's body is made of." he chuckles and extends the fingers of Telashyr into long, thin sharp talons, the points of which are near-invisible.

cybric
2013-06-12, 10:38 PM
"wonderful catch.". Archrik says as he ponders how his vision was distorted. He saw himself jumping and standing exactly where he is now and saying "what viciously things you will do with those hands". A lesson learned. His vision was correct he was just not wish and powerful enough to understand. He will be more cautious in the future. "lead on"

Seanfall
2013-06-12, 11:16 PM
Nassor

"That was a close one." Nassor comments, he looks up and nods to jack to continue following behind, out of a sense of caution he draws and arms his Legion Bolt Pistol, With only one clip I will have to be careful where I place my shots.

Elurindel
2013-06-13, 02:18 PM
Jack leads you by a long, circuitous route, but you eventually find yourself in a giant chamber, one that could easily accommodate several Bandeblades within. The cavernous prison cells go up for hundreds of metres. Long, chained bridges hang upon a central spire. At the bottom of the floor is a pool of sewage, dried up centuries ago like most of the other things here. Looking around, you see that the sewage routes are fed from top to the cells below, and you cannot help but feel a moment of sympathy for those living at the bottom, forced to suffer through a near-constant trickle of heretic waste.

"This place reeks of death." Zul advises. "If there was anything living here, it's long gone. Still, there may be some profit in investigating that tower. No doubt the custodians of these prisoners locked themselves inside in the hope of weathering the riot."

Seanfall
2013-06-13, 09:53 PM
Nassor

"It reeks of several things, death being one of many." Nassor looks around hoping to spot some sort of security office or the like.

Awareness

[roll0] vs 42

Elurindel
2013-06-18, 07:57 AM
Nassor can see that by scaling their way through the suspension bridges, one of them leads to a door where the keypad is still intact and functioning, as well as which bridges would be the best to take without having them collapse under the enormous weight of a pair of fully-armoured Astartes.

Seanfall
2013-06-18, 01:19 PM
Nassor

"I believe I've found a route for us to take, most of these bridges are falling apart. But I spotted a few that won't crumble under our weight." It was always kinda jarring, having the world react to their weight when he felt none at all, the black Carapace made the armor feel like a second skin. Nassor holds his hand out and conjures his witch flame once again.

It's fettered, and with all my bonuses, especially now that I have my psy-focus it's a trivial roll so...do you want me to or can I skip it for conjuring the flame in none battle time?

Elurindel
2013-06-18, 03:00 PM
Since time's not an issue right now you can cast it Fettered with no issue.

You scramble towards the Guard tower, the panopticon within the centre of this giant ring prison. Jack opens the door without being prompted, and inside you find a couple of the previous guardians of this place, little more than yellowed, crumpled skeletons and dusty ruins of uniform. Each of them was carrying a shotgun, too small for Astartes hands. Dried feces and dust fills the air and the corners of the rooms, but you feel you may be able to find things of use.

Make an Awareness test.

cybric
2013-06-18, 03:20 PM
Since I had unnatural awareness on I automatically get a dos I believe so do you still want me to roll?

Elurindel
2013-06-18, 07:20 PM
Since I had unnatural awareness on I automatically get a dos I believe so do you still want me to roll?

According to the description you get Unnatural Perception equal to your Psy rating and a bonus to initiative equal to the number of DoS on your Focus Power Test. So you still have to roll Awareness. You will, however, get a number of DOS equal to half your Unnatural Perception if you do pass your roll, as per the Unnatural Trait rules.

cybric
2013-06-18, 09:08 PM
[roll0] vs 45

Seanfall
2013-06-18, 11:21 PM
Awareness If this involves sight or hearing I get a +10

[roll0] vs 52 = 42+10 I keep forgetting to add this bonus. >.<

Elurindel
2013-06-20, 11:58 AM
[roll0] vs ???

Your search of the tower turns up only expended ammunition. Many here must have taken their lives before they were claimed by starvation. However, you do find an active cogitator with a keyboard and MIU port. Its primary function appears to be security, providing status updates and camera feeds from various points in the ship.