PDA

View Full Version : Warshaper Shifter?

Story
2013-03-10, 02:44 PM
It seems to me like Changeling is the only viable entry to Warshaper, since the abilities only apply while you're not in your natural form. But I've seen people claim that Shifter is better for combat oriented Warshapers. How is this supposed to work? Without a lot of investment, the Shifter's pseudorage only lasts a couple of rounds once a day, and you don't get any of your abilities the rest of the time.

Greenish
2013-03-10, 02:57 PM
It seems to me like Changeling is the only viable entry to Warshaper, since the abilities only apply while you're not in your natural form.I would say that, say, Bear Warrior or Wildshape Ranger (probably combined with Master of Many Forms) are quite viable entries to Warshaper.

But I've seen people claim that Shifter is better for combat oriented Warshapers. How is this supposed to work?I'm not sure if Shifting even counts as not being in your natural form. But, well, Shifting probably lasts for the duration of the encounter, so if you burn enough feats to have enough uses of it, and it does count, it could work.

I'm not seeing how it'd be better than Changeling, but eh.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-03-10, 04:03 PM
I never got the appeal of Shifter race in general, so I'm not going to answer that. But Changeling Warshaper is absolutely fine as a combat build. I should know; I've played it before. :smallsmile:

Cog
2013-03-10, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure if Shifting even counts as not being in your natural form.
The argument I've seen goes like this: Shifters have the Shapechanger subtype, and Shapechangers by definition have an alternate form ability; therefore shifting must count as a (heavily modified) alternate form ability.