PDA

View Full Version : Gods Among Men: Ilum's Prison

Frog Dragon
2013-03-10, 03:11 PM
Karnbau
The slave-labor run Karnbau sits at the side of a mountain named in honor of the same man. It's establishment has been a mixed blessing for the inhabitants of Karnhan a few kilometers away from the mine, as the Carac guard has entirely taken control of the village. However, many have become richer for catering to the guards who have nowhere else to go in their off-time.

The mine itself digs deep from all of its five entrances, the first of them situated directly on a road north of Karnhan, while the rest are situated on plateaus cleared for small camps on the side of the mountain.

Though most of the guards are housed in barracks on the plateaus, the prisoners are kept in a somewhat easier to control environment. Near the entrances, there are cavernous halls with enormous holes broken into the sides of mountain, too high to reach, but good for ventilating and supplying some light to the prisoners.

Jase
Being more literate than almost every other guard employed by the mine, Jase had been given bookkeeping jobs. The administrator was of the opinion that everyone be assigned where they were most suited. And that had been the idea in Jase's latest command. When the miners had found rock no-one could identify, Jase had been ordered down there to look at it.

Lowered by winch into the depths of the mine, Jase soon reaches the cavern in question. Though he is forced to crouch a few times as he walks, the passage opens up into a larger cave, the single entrance to it flanked by two guards leaning on wooden support struts. One nods lazily in your direction. Walking past them, he notices the 1-foot cubical cask of explosive elven powder placed behind one wooden support.

A torch on the wall illuminating the cavern, Jase easily spots the rock he had been asked to look at. The rock is deep red, with a texture like tin, and though picks had dug into every other piece of wall, the dark scarlet stone seemed untouched. A pick has been left leaning on the wall, likely from when the slaves dug to this vein of stone.

You realize that this area has been marked a minor collapse risk, making the use of elven powder a really bad idea.

Uroo, Bo, Kadar
A large hide covering has been drawn over the hole in the ceiling, and now it serves to let the raindrops slide down the face of the mountain. Looking around the cavern, there seem to be around 40 people, almost half of them gnolls, as well as two orcs, with the rest of them being humans. The darkness of the cavern, result of the late hour and the covered hole in the roof make it hard to judge whether a particular human is Carac or Angrian, but the majority of them nevertheless must be Angrian, as they are the majority in the prison mines.

One gnoll has been chained to a wall by his foot in a corner of the cavern, though one may only guess at the crimes that led to it. The rest are at least free to move about the cavern, and some are laying on beds of loose straw set near the walls. And though the persistent sound of rain from the outside obscures sound, one can nevertheless hear the guards speak outside.

Carac speech
"Hey, your watch is over."

Kekth
Having been assigned sole guard to a prisoner cavern that holds 40, he can't help but realize that if they were to get free, he would have little chance to defend himself. Still, other guards were only a shout away. Further, the door to the cavern was a massive, oaken one that was barred both to the wall and to the floor by diagonal struts. Still, if some of the prisoners got determined enough...

Nevertheless, no-one had ever tried escape from the prison caves. The guards outside the entrance were within shouting distance, and the guards at the barracks could quickly be roused to deal with a disturbance, and this the prisoners knew. Further, Kekth's watch was about to end.

True to this estimate, a Carac clad in scaled leather armor and armed with a spear and a shield walks up from the passage to the outside. He waves and speaks, "hey, your watch is over."

boldfont
2013-03-10, 08:18 PM
Friendly Bo sat spread eagle on the ground pushing pebbles from place to place with his finger. It was a game he invented for passing time. What the rules were, he couldn't tell you, but you "won" when you manged to forget you were in a prison.

"Hey, your watch is over."

Friendly sighs.

I was almost on beach before you speak.

He glances over at the gnoll's chains. Friendly could probably pull them out of the wall, but it wasn't the chains that kept prisoners here. It was the prison's reputation. A whole barracks stood between him and freedom. Friendly didn't like the idea of being "on a lamb" for the rest of his life either. He did want to be free though. He wasn't even sure of what he'd done wrong. Still! After all this time. He thought he'd never understand this strange land.

Nanoblack
2013-03-10, 08:59 PM
Uroo

Resigning himself to a dark corner of the room, Uroo casually regards the other prisoners as he nurses a set of fresh bruises. He usually makes it a habit to attempt socializing with the other gnoll prisoners, but he had been subconsciously avoiding the last one chained to the wall. After some deliberation, a set of popping joints brings him to his feet and he makes his approach.

Silently sliding along the wall, he squats just out of reach of the chained individual. It had been some time since he had vocalized so he exhales sharply to clear his throat before speaking. "What did you do to earn your shackles, kinsman?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-11, 06:02 AM
Jase

Jase wanders through the abandoned site examining the rocks and the supports to check that everything was safe: once the blackpowder was removed he wanted to be sure there would not be the chance of a natural collapse anyway.

He'd come here to free Bo, not realising quite how difficult that might be. It wasn't in his nature to hide his intelligence an that had landed him with jobs like these, far away from any of the prisoners.

He examined the dark red rocks again, wondering what it was they had been digging for.

Knowledge (if local, planes or arcana then +1) [roll0]

Afterwards he called out to the guards behind him: "One of you two get over here and shift this crate, don't you know it could go up any time, you could bring half the country down on your heads." Even as he said those words, a plan began to form...

TwelvePointFive
2013-03-11, 09:05 AM
Kadar
Kadar sat on a rock, leaning against the wall with his legs crossed. As he sat there, the burly orc whistled a jolly tune, one seemingly out of place in the rather gloomy suroundings.

He recalled what the kithrian he'd once met had told him. If you ever get jailed, no matter if it's for stealin' you gotta remember this: Keep your mood up, do what you're told, and be ready to break for it when there's opportunity. But don't let 'em break you!
Mentally Kadar tried to make sense of what he could do once this "opportunity" presented itself. He had charms. He had looks too, if you asked himself atleast, though people were prone to disagree with him there. He could fight, and he could run. None of the above seemed particularly likely to help, no sweettalking the guards, and no weapons to fight with. But then, of course, he had magic. And the other prisoners could be useful too. It might pay to get in good with the gnoll that was chained to the wall. Scary fellow, he was. Or perhaps, that giant over there. He looked like he could punch clean through the door. He also looked considerably less scary.
But for now, he'd sit here and rest, and he'd whistle. Keeping the mood up.

boldfont
2013-03-11, 09:45 AM
Friendly Bo was feeling blue. Prison does things to a man's soul, and Bo's soul had been so gentle and happy before. Now it was downtrodden and a sorry sight to see for any that had known him before. This was no place for a man like Bo.
But he had no where else to be. His family was either dead, like his father, or spread over the four corners of the world, like his mother and sister who could be anywhere. His only friend in the world, Jase, had probably abandoned him. Friendly couldn't say he blamed him. Friendly felt lower than he had ever felt in his life. He began to sing a dirge from his homeland. He was no bard, but the genuinity of the moment was touching for those that had any sort of heart.

Das vertk ya'blet kursten
Jae plavst ver tern
Das vertk ya'korn brastk virst
Doe bae der ya'hern

Gor stalt for tern
Lept spatze shoen
Gor stalt for tern
Lept t'hern stae fhoen

(Hello my sweet little bird
Why are you crying?
Hello my sweet friend
Rest yourself in my hands

I am crying
because the wind blows
I am crying
because I'm in your hands

The giant's strange Kilthish song reverberated off the cavernous walls and carried throughout those hellish mines. And then all was quiet again.

Frog Dragon
2013-03-11, 01:19 PM
Prison Cave
The gnoll shifts around, trying to stretch his leg. "I don't suppose you'll go away, will you?" he grumbles to Uroo. He sighs, and starts talking. "I was tossed here over a year ago. My grandmother had told me to go get my brother from a bar. It was for some family business, forget what," he turns in place, slumping against the wall with his left leg slightly contorted. "When I got there, my brother was being arrested for a bar fight. 'Course, he'd started nothing, but they were going to toss him to the mines anyway, along with a bunch of other people. So I attacked them. My brother got away, but I got tossed here instead, he looks down. "They put me in chains last week. I met one of my father's friends here. He told me that my brother had joined the Strongerlanders and gotten himself killed on a raid on one of these mines. I may have tried to drive my pick into a guard's skull after that. Now they keep sending me into danger zones. I think they're half-hoping a roof'll collapse on me or something," he says. His ear twitches as he hears Bo sing. He breathes heavily, and shouts. "Would you shut up!"

The Depths
Though Jase cannot recognize the mineral in the wall, the cave does not seem to be any real danger of collapsing just yet, and the wooden supports appear fairly well laid. As he turns to the two guards, one of them turns around to pick up the cask, but the other grabs him by the shoulder before looking at you.
"What are you going on about?" he asks, gently pushing the other guard away from the cask. "The administrator said we should blast the red rock out, since our picks can barely scratch it." He shifts slightly, between Jase, the other guard, and the cask.

boldfont
2013-03-11, 01:21 PM
sorry Bo says.

Nanoblack
2013-03-11, 08:29 PM
Uroo

The sudden raise in volume from the gnoll was enough to make Uroo drop his ears in surprise. "I mostly do rubble clearing and receive beatings so I only really see the uppermost levels of this place. What are the deep tunnels like?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-13, 10:14 AM
"Well we better hurry then," Jase replies, smiling maliciously and waving a hand, causing a blinding flurry of colours to strike the struggling guards.

Cast Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) Will negates DC 15.

I'm not sure if the Mountebank's ability to increase HD caps will apply to this spell.

"Lesser Archetype Power: A mountebank may add his Intelligence modifier to all his Bluff, Disguise, and Sleight of Hand checks. In addition, any HD caps on his enchantment spells are increased by his Charisma modifier." - Your decision.

Frog Dragon
2013-03-13, 02:08 PM
The Depths
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1552/minecave2.jpg

Initiative
Guard 2
Guard 1 (this is the one who's speaking)
Jase

The slightly shorter guard to the left of you looks at you wide eyed, while the second's reaction still registers surprise, but not nearly as great. Then, before Jase can act, both shake their shock off, bringing their weapons to striking positions. Holding his weapon like a javelin from the midpoint of the haft, the shorter guard stops himself before striking as the taller guard places his shield before himself.

"Not a step," the shorter guard warns, spear ready to strike.

Prison Cave
"Damp. Small passages," the gnoll says. "Hardly space to swing a pick sometimes. But it's where the best bounty comes to these red bastards," he grumbles. Then his eyes shift to the door. It creaks. A ray of light escapes through into the cave. Slowly, the door opens into the cave, letting the torchlight from the hallway in. A figure stands in the doorway, smirking. One of the guards, a Carac, as evidenced by his redder skin and taller frame. He steps inside.
"Come on out," he says, with barely an accent to his Angers. Some of the forty in the cave stand up, regarding the guard with suspicion. The scarred gnoll pulls on his chain. The Carac starts walking, unarmed, towards Uroo and the scarred gnoll.

TwelvePointFive
2013-03-13, 02:18 PM
Hearing the song end, the burly orc gets up from his position against the wall.
He walks over, and casually sits down cross-legged, Shooting the giant a friendly, if tusky smile.

He appears about to say something, when the door opens. As the guard barks out a command, Kadar gets to his feet attentively. This might be his chance...

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-13, 04:36 PM
Jase takes a step backwards to get clear of their weapons, then casts the same spell again, hurling bolts of disabling light at the pair.

Color Spray once more. Casting defensively if they have the reach to still threaten Jase. Concentraiton: [roll0]

Will save DC 15

Jase lurches sideways as the man's spear lashes out at him, opening a large gash in his side. He cried out angrily, and once again as his knees crashed into the cavern floor. "I didn't think you'd take that so literally," Jase murmured through the pain, "I was only trying to stop the pair of you two fighting, we've enough to get on with down here as it is without you two bringing down the cavern on our heads."

Bluff roll: 1d20+12

Nanoblack
2013-03-13, 05:54 PM
Uroo

The opening of the door immediately breaks Uroo's concentration. He backs away from the chained gnoll as the guard approaches, hoping for a position out of the way but closer to the door.

Keegan__D
2013-03-14, 03:21 AM
Relieved to be done with work, Kekth heads to the barracks. A few rounds of cards, then sleep. The exciting life of a prison guard.

Frog Dragon
2013-03-14, 04:56 AM
The Depths
Pulling the obsidian-tipped spear out, the guard cringes in exasperation. "I warned you!" he shouts. He shifts his spear to his shield-hand and covers his face with a palm. "How are we going to explain this to the shift commander?" he curses. Then, the other guard speaks up. "Take him to the barracks. We can have a healer take care of this." He looks at the shorter guard, and they both nod. "I'll keep watch here," the taller one says.

The shorter one sighs and crouches down, dropping his shield and spear. Attempting to settle Jase on his shoulder, he picks up the shield and spear again and starts walking back down the hallway.

Kekth
Walking out of the mine passage, you see the two guards standing at the entrance. One nods curtly at you. There is a small clearing ahead of you, with three buildings. Each has accommodations for around 20 guards, but not all of the space is in use. Due to the late hour, many of the guards are already asleep, and apart from the two guards at the entrance, you can only see one other guard, another giantkin, on the yard. It appears to be the shift commander and her shield and spear and laid against the wall next to her. For whatever reason, she stays there, leaning against the wall of the furthest barrack. She does not seem to take any note of your passage.

Keegan__D
2013-03-14, 06:58 AM
Since no one else is around to talk to, Kekth approaches the shift commander, "Got some time for a workout?" He has yet to test himself against her, and a game is no fun with two.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-14, 07:37 AM
Jase grunts as the man picks him up, but he is mainly concentrating on not passing out from the pain and blood loss, and keeps his mouth shut as he is carried to a medic. That plan didn't turn out so great...

Frog Dragon
2013-03-15, 07:01 PM
Prison Cave
The guard walks closer, pulling out a set of keys attached to a wooden loop. He kneels down in front of the scarred gnoll, and puts the key into the lock in the chain around his leg. The shackle clangs to the floor, and the scarred gnoll stands up. Another gnoll skulks towards the doorway, sniffing the air. The guard takes a step back from the scarred gnoll and walks back into the doorway, stepping over the shield and spear he had left on the floor. Turning right, into the hallway leading further into the mines, he turns back only to say, "Do as you will."

Jase
Reaching the lift into the upper mines with Jase still on his shoulder, the guard smacks a bell with his spear and steps into the basket. Slowly, the wooden basket lift rises upwards, and soon, Jase can see two giantkin guards pulling on a mechanism of ropes and pulleys, steadily lifting the basket until it is level with the floor on the upper level. The guard steps out.
"What happened?" one of the giantkin asks. The guard carrying Jase fidgets slightly and starts to answer. "There was a fight on the lower level," he says. He is about to continue, only to be interrupted by a rumble reverberating from somewhere below. He pauses for a second, but then continues. "And we need a healer," he continues. "I saw Aloc going to the eastern barracks not too long ago. Try there," the giantkin guard says before turning back to the other giantkin.

Kekth
The shift commander does not react at all. And with her position, chin pressed against her upper chest, it is difficult to see her face. Looking closer, you notice that her position is quite limp. Her arms are hanging by the sides, and her shoes have dug slightly into the ground. She leans heavily on the wall, and you notice that this is not the pose of someone in idle contemplation on the late night. Rather, her unnatural stillness reveals a simple fact. She is dead.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-16, 06:07 AM
Jase groans as he fills the man's shoulder becoming slick with blood, but he doesn't dispute the man's story; as long as it seems like it was just a fight then he doesn't need to worry; although they might wonder why he can suddenly perform magic...

TwelvePointFive
2013-03-16, 07:40 AM
Kadar stood dumbfounded for a moment. Could it really be this easy? He was just about to cheer, when he realised that of course it couldn't. The guard was probably acting alone. They would need to work together to get out.
Of course, the situation would quickly change into panic.
He stepped up on a rock, fixing a friendly smile on his face. He looked out at his fellow prisoners.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I don't intend to stay here any longer than I have to!" He grinned. "But there're other guards than our friend who just left. And the sad truth is, we'll probably need to fight them. So I ask you, which of you can fight? Which of you can do magic? Which of you are willing to work together, so that we can all make it out safely?"Diplomacy check: [roll0]

Nanoblack
2013-03-16, 07:55 AM
Uroo

A distrusting glare follows the guard across the room and out the door. Moving closer to the doorway, Uroo peeks outside sniffing the air for any signs of trouble. "It's never this easy, we need to be cautious."

boldfont
2013-03-16, 10:21 AM
Friendly Bo shifts his frame and looks with wide eyed innocence at Kadar. you mean escaping? but i have no been punish yet. what for i do wrong i can no say, but is bad i am sure. He notices Kadar's confusion and disapproval and realizes he is being what Jase would call "a total and complete killjoy".

sorry
sorry
i ruin escaping plan
wery rude
okay i come
but no killing things

Frog Dragon
2013-03-18, 01:40 PM
Prison Cave
"We've all swung our picks for these bastards," one prisoner stands up to say. "Who among us cannot fight?" He turns around, regarding the rest of the prisoners. None speak a word. The scarred gnoll speaks next. "I'll stand behind with anyone who'll lead us to freedom." He turns to Kadar. "If that be you, then with you I stand." Soft murmuring fills the cave. Finally, the rest of the prisoners start to stand up, one by one, speaking the same phrase, some over each other.

"So will I."

Prison Cave & Jase
Sniffing at the still air in the cave, Uroo can nevertheless smell blood from deeper within the passage, and the smell is only getting stronger, closer. Though, unlike most gnolls, he can barely see in this light, the few torches on the walls illuminate the comers. A guard, jogging forth as quickly as the bleeding body on his shoulder allows.

"So will I"

The guard curses. "Free. They're all free," he mutters in Carac, squinting at the gnoll in the doorway. Then he breathes in deeply and shouts, and one need not understand Carac to understand that it is a cry for aid. Crouching down to set Jase against the wall, he takes his spear in his right hand again.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-18, 02:34 PM
"He-help me," Jase calls at the guards, "Don't leave me here! They'll kill me!"

boldfont
2013-03-18, 05:39 PM
Friendly Bo gathers Uroo and Kadar close. He was wise enough to know when a crowd was getting out of control and who in the room he could trust to lead. He felt drawn to Uroo and Kadar for this reason. i feel better if one of you take leadship. this mob - is dangerous if let wild, no? To Uroo now you say caution and i agree but this man will no be caution.

I'm not rolling to make this assessment. It unifies us as a party and moves the story in a positive direction. Hopefully you agree. If not, roll sense motive for me.

Nanoblack
2013-03-18, 06:50 PM
Uroo

"I have no wish to lead this wild pack. There's blood in the air, and it worries me. If you want to leave this place alive, you'd best stray from these stupid dogs. With that, he steps into full view of the guard in the hallway, hands splayed outward to show he was unarmed. "You'll not hold the line against this many, run while you still can."

Keegan__D
2013-03-18, 10:11 PM
Kekth nearly rings the alarm bell when another guard shouts for help. Confused, he forgets himself and sprints toward the call. A call for help from the prison cave is definitely more relevant than an already dead guard. "Could a prisoner have killed the shift captain?" he worries about a large-scale break, but rushes toward the potential danger.

boldfont
2013-03-18, 10:54 PM
Friendly follows behind Uroo is his best bet for a safe exodus. His eyes catch Kadar's. If he had to choose between Kadar's unruly mob and Uroo's cautious approach, he would have to go with Uroo and avoid bloodshed.

TwelvePointFive
2013-03-19, 02:06 AM
This was just what he'd hoped wouldn't happen. If they could just stay together and help each other, the guards would probably step down rather than fight and die. Of course, there was a real concern in the former prisoners simply running amok and killing every guard they met. Kadar didn't want that. But now, when the prisoners seemed to be splitting up and forming smaller groups, he probably had to look out for himself first... And the gnoll and the giant really seemed to know what they were doing. Chances of survival were probably higher with them than with the rest of the prisoners...
Survival... He'd hoped to see his family again. He stood undecisively for a few moments, shifting his weight from one leg to another. He really hated to do this, leaving the others behind. But perhaps he could help out the other prisoners by clearig out problems for them before they arose. Reaching a decision, he spoke up. "Alright folks. I'm going scout ahead with these two, you make straight for the surface, I'll ease your way."He turned about to join the gnoll and the giant.
[roll0]Bluff check, for as much as Kadar hates it, he's not planning on reporting back.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-19, 07:07 AM
Jase watches as the others step around the corner, and then despite his pain and the blood loss, he smiles and throws his head back to laugh at the outrageousness of it all.
"Bo! Bo, here I am!" He called to the Giant man who had just stepped round the corner following a gnoll.

boldfont
2013-03-19, 09:10 AM
Friendly's normal quiet and gentle demeanor melt away at the sound of his good friend come the rescue him (and now in need of rescue himself). His voice booms with excitement.
Little Magic Man! My friend! :smallbiggrin:
Bo stops short of the remaining guard between him and his friend.
ahem
please be moving
he advises the guard. He then picks up a small boulder and smashes it against the rockwall.
Intimidate 1d20+5
NOW!

boldfont
2013-03-19, 10:49 AM
Lets try that again shall we?
[roll0] for INTIMIDATION!!! grrr...

Frog Dragon
2013-03-21, 03:09 PM
Prison Cave
The guard looks uncertain for a second. He glances nervously at Jase. "There's forty prisoners," he says in Carac. Then he backs away a few steps, before turning into a run. "I'll get the others!" He shouts as he starts to disappear back into the dark tunnel.

The gnoll can be heard talking in the cave itself. "That guard just revealed us. And there's still the barracks." The gnoll paces around the room. "We might just have to fight."

The passage here is about 10ft wide, and goes in two directions. Left leads outside, to the barracks, after about 100ft. Right leads deeper into the mine.

Kekth
"Wait," one of the guards says. "Watch yourself there, and don't try to fight them yet." He then nods towards the other door guard, who takes a torch off the wall before walking to a strange metal and wooden contraption set against the cliff face. He pushes the torch into the bottom, and it begins hissing. The guard backs away. Then there is a loud pop, and the contraption fires a flare into the sky. The other guard reaches above him, pulling on a rope. A bell starts ringing. "We need everyone ready."

boldfont
2013-03-21, 03:17 PM
Now Bo approaches his wounded friend.
my friend. you are wounded. to the other prisoners. who can heal him? you do this please. he come to rescue.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-22, 07:34 AM
"This? Just a scratch," Jase announces playfully, he had never found it easy to let Bo see him hurt, or to see suffering of any sort: he had seen enough. "If anyone wants this dagger, you're more than welcome to it." He added this last to ensure the rest of the prisoners didn't think to question his loyalties.

Keegan__D
2013-03-22, 12:47 PM
Bolae stops to speak to the two guards, "We have to get down there before they can organize further. Numbers is the only way they can get an advantage, and we can put a stop to it right now if we neutralize the instigators." he moves forward at a slower pace, waiting for the other two to join him. "Besides, there are guards already down there. They need help."

boldfont
2013-03-23, 10:48 AM
"This? Just a scratch," Jase announces playfully, he had never found it easy to let Bo see him hurt, or to see suffering of any sort: he had seen enough. "If anyone wants this dagger, you're more than welcome to it." He added this last to ensure the rest of the prisoners didn't think to question his loyalties.

is bad scratch friend... No one to help!? to the hell with them. i take you to healer. quickly now!

Bo is galvanized into action by his dear friend's injury and touched by his rescue attempt. He leads Jase, and anyone else that would follow, towards the barracks a bloodshed. He will carry Jase if necessary. As he goes, he listens for signs of a activity ahead. Friendly Bo briefly wonders what would happen if he sat bad down in his cell and simply adjourned his escape for another day. Perhaps an easier day. But his friend needed help now, and Bo was going to make sure he got it. Or die trying.

Frog Dragon
2013-03-25, 01:11 PM
Prison Cave
The prisoners appear confused at the development. One human steps forward half a step. "Did you reveal us?" he asks bluntly, but Bo is already moving. The scarred gnoll snarls and turns around at his words, rushing off after him. But though the gnoll moves quickly, he is actually no faster than Bo himself. Trying to cut in front of Bo, he speaks. "Are you mad? Do you know what you're walking into?" he growls, not quite shouting so as to not carry his voice too far.

Kekth
"I should hope they're regrouping down lower if the break is too big for them," the guard who just rang the bell says. "But if not, we can see." Hearing the bustle of activity from the three barracks, he turns, readying his spear while gesturing at the other guard with his shield hand. In position behind Kekth, they begin following him into the passage.

boldfont
2013-03-25, 01:52 PM
Prison Cave
"Are you mad? Do you know what you're walking into?" he growls, not quite shouting so as to not carry his voice too far.

yes. i very mad. and i know what walking into. many men with pointy sticks. He turns to the gnoll and with all the seriousness of a man that had made up his mind he says to the other prisonersyou want escaping? then come escaping! it will be no easier tomorrow. you die on feet or die on knees. Was this bravery or stupidity? Regardless, his loyalty to his wounded friend was admirable. He pressed on.

you living my friend? he asked Jase. He knew the alarm had sound because he let the guard go, but he had no intention of fighting his way out. please to be casting your misty magics when i say. yes? we sneak and lie our way through. Bo listened carefully for signs ahead, knowing the spell would only last a short minute.

So, don't assume that I've gone and done something completely daft. The plan is to try and fib our way past the guards by playing the good prisoner assisting a wounded guard, see how far to the barracks that takes them, and then slip past the rest of the way under cover of mist. The plan works better if the guards are more concerned with killing a mob then with Bo and Jase. Yeah... it's a bit dirty that way. I wasn't inviting the guard to run away BTW. Just, you know, move aside. But you've played it out that way, so we'll see how it goes. Bit quick on the trigger there Frog Dragon, but I've done worse to better, so who am I to complain? What do you think al'Lan? Good plan?

TwelvePointFive
2013-03-25, 03:01 PM
Kadar looks at the prisoners "He's right, you know. If we want to escape, we can't wait." Without waiting for a response, Kadar lumbers after the giant. He looked like the best chance of getting out alive, and chances were made to be taken. Hearing him speak up about the fake guard's magic, he figured he might as well mention his own. "I know a few magical tricks myself, you know. Could be usefull in distracting the guards."

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-26, 06:15 AM
"Oh, I'm still here," Jase wheezes, "but I won't be of much help in the fight unless you can get this patched up. This is really ruining my clothes..."

Keegan__D
2013-03-27, 02:38 PM
Kekth hurries down the hall, spears out and the two guards at his tail. Ahead, he can see the prisoners carrying a wounded guard. He almost gloated about being right that guards needed their assistance, but kept himself professional. "Prisoners, get down on the ground, now!" he shouts at them, continuing to close the gap.

End turn about 50ft from the other players?

Frog Dragon
2013-03-27, 03:16 PM
Prison Cave --> The Passage

"We'll be behind you." The gnoll turns around, walking back into the opening, picking up the weapons the guard had left behind. He throws them into the cave and walks back in, speaking again, though the four moving towards the exit can no longer hear him.

Steps can be heard ahead, and Bo, Jase, Kadar and Uroo soon see three guards ahead. All are Carac, but the one in the middle is much larger. The two by the sides ready their spears.

Assuming Uroo goes with the rest. And now the party is all in the same place!

And 50ft distance, that works. The hallway is about 10ft wide.

boldfont
2013-03-27, 04:15 PM
Friendly Bo sees the followers behind him and realizes that it is going to be impossible to justify all of them carrying the wounded guard to the barracks. Bo was a garbage liar anyway.

one moment sir

He puts Jase down.

thank you
and now we fight

Initiative [roll0]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-03-28, 06:06 AM
Jase groans; he'd been doing all right, even if his original plan had backfired, the guards had been taking him to a healer, and then he ran into Bo, which had been a relief. But not any more.

He slumped on the ground but called out to his erstwhile comrades; "Guardsmen, it's me, Jase. I need a healer, I'm in danger of my life!" Maybe he could play this situation to his benefit.

Nanoblack
2013-03-30, 11:44 AM
Uroo

"Don't be stupid! Let us pass with the injured guard, you've bigger problems on your plate behind us. What do you think us capable of with the rest of the barracks in our path?"

boldfont
2013-03-30, 12:15 PM
MOVE!
Bo bellows
this man guard needs help
move or we must be fighting you
i no lying down

Keegan__D
2013-04-01, 03:11 PM
The big one gave him the invitation he was hoping for. "One of you secure the downed guard while we engage the prisoners." Kekth does not slow his run, colliding with Friendly Bo at the end of it. "Surrender now, or be forced into submission." he snarls at the prisoners.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

boldfont
2013-04-01, 03:23 PM
End turn about 50ft from the other players?

You can't reach me.
Edit: I see the DM said you reach. I guess I'm hit. Let's keep going.

TwelvePointFive
2013-04-02, 08:05 AM
Kadar started rambling in an undecipherable language, his hands making rapid gestures. His voice rose towards a crescendo. The ground was whirling with dust.

Casting summon monster I

boldfont
2013-04-03, 02:08 AM
Bo takes a spear in the gut and it isn't pleasant. He grimaces. This one was big like his. Good! He would be disappointed if all the guards were small and weak like children.

Friendly Bo attempts to pull the guard in for a bear hug...

No AoO - Class feature
Touch attack [roll0] vs 14
Grapple [roll1]
vs your grapple which is +6
If successful, then [roll2] and you have to get free before you can poke me again. :smallamused:

Dammit!

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-04-03, 06:51 AM
Jase watches with mounting horror as it looks for a moment as though Bo is going the same way as he did: these guards actually knew how to use those spears, and they sure weren't afraid of doing so. Jase preferred the guards who were nervous and uncertain- these ones had... purpose!

Nanoblack
2013-04-03, 05:54 PM
Uroo

The sudden unprovoked violence against the giant brought Uroo's instincts to bear. With a sudden, deft movement, he was behind their attacker and snapping his jaws toward his throat.

Tumbling to Left6 [roll0] so that would put me into a flanking position with Bo.
Standard action to attempt a bite: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak Attack:[roll3]

Frog Dragon
2013-04-04, 05:46 AM
Parlay forgotten, Kekth attacks, spear in hand while Bo's attempts to grab reach only air. The giantkin guard manages to avoid the gnoll's jaws as well, while the orc magician in the back row begins to chant.

The two human guards react sluggishly, but after Kekth runs in, one of them drops his spear into a loop in his tunic and pulls out an atlatl, setting a spear into the spur before tossing the spear at Uroo, though the chaos of melee hinders his aim. Mere moments later, the guard next to him charges.

The sounds of gathering can be heard from where the prisoners came. It cannot be long before the scarred gnoll and his followers arrive.

Guard 2, atlatl
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Guard 1, spear
Attack: [roll2] (Charge and Flank)
Damage: [roll3]

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6117/passageround2.jpg

Nanoblack
2013-04-06, 01:46 PM
Uroo

Reacting to the fresh wound in his side, Uroo whirls about face and lunges for the spearmans vitals.

Turning to full attack the new arrival.
Bite:[roll0] Damage- [roll1]
Claw:[roll2] Damage-[roll3]
Claw2:[roll4] Damage-[roll5]

Keegan__D
2013-04-08, 01:06 PM
"I've got the big one." Kekth grunts, as he tries to outmaneuver large human. "Get to the other guard to safety!" he reminds the guard he brought why they're there. He does his best to occupy Bo while the injured guard is moved to safety. With the incoming horde of prisoners, things could get messy for an injured guard on the ground.

Opposed Grapple Check to pin Friendly Bo: [roll0]

boldfont
2013-04-08, 01:26 PM
Opposed Grapple to maintain hold and not get pinned.
[roll0]

The man in his arms attempts to push Bo over with his legs, but Bo tightens and braces his weight against him. The other man, though sizable himself, lacks Bo's wrestling experience. His legs slide against the gravel and fail to get traction.

boldfont
2013-04-08, 01:34 PM
SQUEEEEEEZE!!!!
[roll0] vs opposed grapple check
if I win, then [roll1] and [roll2] non-lethal damage
I take an additional -4 AC against anyone outside the grapple trying to hit me for using the Earth's embrace ability even if I drop him. Keep me covered!

TwelvePointFive
2013-04-09, 10:04 AM
Kadar chant had reached a crescendo. He felt the spirit of fire answer his call, and directed the magic directly behind the guard who was attacking the gnoll. There was a distinct cracking sound as a fissure opened in the floor, and a giant scorpion wreathed in a veil of sand rose out of the newly created opening. It lashed out towards the guards, its stinger and pincers glowing white-hot as it did so. Meanwhile, Kadar had decided that there were not much more he could do, and covered behind his allies.

completing the casting of SM I, summoning a small fiendish mounstrous scorpion to the left square eight. Taking a total defense action.
The scorpion takes a full attack at the guard, flanking with Uroo.
Caw [roll0]; damage [roll1]+[roll2]fire,
Claw [roll3]; damage [roll4]+[roll5]fire,
Stinger [roll6]; damage [roll7]+[roll8]fire; if hit Fortitude DC14 or [roll9]Con damage

Scorpion has AC 14, 8hp 20%Concealment
Kadar has AC 18, hp 17

Frog Dragon
2013-04-09, 01:35 PM
As Kekth and Bo continue wrestling, Uroo delivers a furious counterattack against the guard that had just stabbed him. His claws swipe at air, but his bite connects, digging into the guard's shoulder. Then, as the scorpion appears behind him, he whirls around desperately, knocking a claw to the side almost as if by accident. However, the second connects, causing him to drop his spear, reeling mere seconds away from falling. The white hot stinger strikes him in the chest as he falls to the ground.

The second guard pauses for a brief moment. The giantkin was stuck with the large human, and they were now 4 against 2. Taking a wary step backwards, he turns and breaks into a run.

Nanoblack
2013-04-09, 05:35 PM
Uroo

Seeing the strength quickly fade from his attacker, Uroo reaches out with one had to catch him by the collar. Wiping the blood from his face with his other hand, he checks the status of the giant behind him. "Don't kill the guards. Maybe we can use them to bargain for our passage."

boldfont
2013-04-09, 05:59 PM
Bo grunts under considerable effort to maintain his hold. No Problem! Just - Little - Longer...

Since you are pinned, and you therefore lose your action, (see OCC) Bo will maintain his crushing pin for 1d12 if he can.

[roll0] vs your [roll1]
and if I hold it [roll2] non-lethal
Given your willingness to fail the battle, I took the liberty of rolling for you. I hope that's okay.

Keegan__D
2013-04-11, 08:56 PM
As far as I can see, Kekth now has 21 nonlethal. He could technically take another point, but I guess that concludes the battle.

I think that would be best. =)

Kekth struggles against Bo's sleeper hold, but he can't manage to get a good enough grip to fight back. He strains himself as best as he can, but it only serves to tire himself as the human denies Kekth breath. The world fades to black around Kekth, and he falls unconscious.

TwelvePointFive
2013-04-12, 05:50 AM
Kadar's scorpion dissolves, chunks of fine sand breakig off, until there is naught but a small pile left of it. Kadar walks over and picks up the spear of the now-dead guard. "So they know we are here. Let's get moving." He poitns to the unconscious guard. "Is he dead yet? I'd rather not kill him, but we can't linger here."

does someone has a half-plausible excuse for why we would bring Kekth along? I'm pretty sure the other prisoners would strangle him if we just left him

boldfont
2013-04-12, 12:50 PM
Bo looks pensively as both Kekth and Jase. It was a lot of guards to carry around. Jase my friend. Can you walking? Is very big man this guard, but leaving here is no good. His tender heart and concern for even his enemies bespeaks the "Friendly" in his moniker. With a grunt he lifts Kekth over his shoulder. The guard lets out a slight dizzy moan that is semi-conscious at best. Sleep well brave giant. Today you live. He was heavy and cumbersome, no doubt, but leaving any helpless man to be torn apart by and angry mob was not an option Bo was willing to consider. And you, he address the smaller dead guard beside him very apologies from heart.

Bo leads the way down the passage, listening carefully for signs of further resistance ahead.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-04-12, 04:44 PM
"Bring him..." Jase wheezes. "We'll probably need a hostage if we're going to get out of these mines alive.." he'd seen some of the entrances, and knowing that the guards had explosives worried him. it would be too easy for the guards to block off and hold the tunnels against the unarmed prisoners. If they were smart.

Frog Dragon
2013-04-15, 04:22 PM
Prisoners begin emerging from the passage, the scarred gnoll first among them, though they can only move two or three abreast. Noticing the scene of battle, the gnoll speaks. "Lets get moving before they manage to gather their force."

boldfont
2013-04-15, 04:27 PM
Bo continues to lead the way down the passage, listening as he goes. :smallconfused:

Frog Dragon
2013-04-18, 11:46 PM
The prisoner horde begins to stream outside, and as the tunnel finally opens to the night air, the guards can be seen on the yard between the three barracks. However, with many of them woken in their sleep and forced to don their armor in haste, far from all of them are in the yard. Around 10 of them stand in a row on the clearing, around 100 feet from the opening. A man, their commander most like, raises a spear.

He turns towards the prisoners at the entrance, and shouts a command, spurring the rank of spears into a charge. Though outnumbered four to one, the prisoners' numerical advantage would help them little if they were stuck to the passage by a wall of spears.

The gnoll, first in the line of prisoners, howls and shouts."Outside! Now!" He starts running, taking a few extra of distance from Bo, Kadar, Uroo and Jase.

Basically, more guards are going to show up as they get their armors, shields and spears on. If the prisoners can avoid being pinned by spears or overwhelmed, they have a fair chance of escaping and scattering if they move right away.

boldfont
2013-04-19, 12:10 PM
Now is time to make magic misting friend. We can sneak out, or do you want fighting?

Nanoblack
2013-04-19, 05:04 PM
Uroo

Stepping to the front of the party, Uroo holds the fallen guard in front of him like a shield. Hopefully this would deter any attackers from charging him. "Let the horde make a distraction and run past in the chaos. This is a fight not worth having."

boldfont
2013-04-30, 12:59 PM
Uroo

Stepping to the front of the party, Uroo holds the fallen guard in front of him like a shield. Hopefully this would deter any attackers from charging him. "Let the horde make a distraction and run past in the chaos. This is a fight not worth having."

Wery well. We shall watch the action from heres...

Bo places his hostage the the left of the prison opening and leans against the rock face. He and his companions watch as an angry horde of prisoners stream past them and into battle with the guards.

Frog Dragon
2013-05-01, 04:00 AM
The two forces clash, the prisoners trying to swarm over their better armed and better trained opponents. Though the first clash lessens the amount of prisoners nearly by the number of spears, the guards nevertheless take a step back from the sheer press of bodies. The odd guard is brought down by the charge, forcing them to tighten their ranks, leaving a few precious feet of space between the prisoner horde and the cliff face.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-05-01, 10:24 AM
"That's it," Jase calls, "let's get going." he stumbled along with Bo helping him to walk, trying to make as good speed as was possible.

boldfont
2013-05-01, 11:08 AM
Agreed! I see opening.
Bo assists Jase towards the chink in the wall of sparring men indicated. He hopes they pass unnoticed.

TwelvePointFive
2013-05-01, 01:07 PM
"That looks like it!" Kadar makes for the hole. Just before he reaches the fighting he stops, mutters a few words with accompanying gestures, conjuring a pitch of grease beneath the guards battling the prisoners near the cliff, hoping to make them miss the group in the confusion.

Kadar casts grease

Frog Dragon
2013-05-01, 04:58 PM
Running along the cliff face, the barracks plateau transforms into a steep hillside, though still not too steep to walk. Behind, a guardsman slips on the grease, while another struggles to keep balance on it. The ranks withdraw another step, but more guards begin streaming from the doors of the barracks, the last you see of the battle before it disappears behind the hillside.

The woods cover your retreat now, and Karnhan should be mere kilometers southwest, though the woods themselves might have fewer Carac.

boldfont
2013-05-01, 05:15 PM
When the last of the prison disappears from view Bo puts down the massive unconscious guard. In the adrenalin fueled heat of the moment he had forgotten that he was carrying him! Friendly Bo looks around and sees naught but wilderness around him. Leaving the guard here in his condition would be tantamount to murder. But what else should he do? Surely his odds are better here than in the midst of a riot.

Friendly Bo always did have an impractical soft spot for others. He gives the guard a few light slaps on the face. The others are moving ahead without him. He does not want to get left behind, but his conscience will nag at him if he leaves the man here. Must he carry the man forever?

Wake up!

Two more light smacks.

My friend you must wake, or I leave you to wolves. Wake up! Is not very nice but I carry you no more. Is - what word? - necessity. No?

No response. Bo is not a healer. His best idea is to give the man a slightly harder slap.

Last chance. You must for to wake now.

Nanoblack
2013-05-02, 05:42 PM
Uroo

The Gnoll leans down and sniffs the unconscious guard. I don't think it would be wise to leave him so close to the rest of the horde. Lets take his weapons and see if we can get some information from him before we leave."

Keegan__D
2013-05-05, 12:06 AM
Kekth stirs after a few smacks across the face, mumbling "Prisoners....Get back.." He notices a slap-hungry look on Bo's face, and he sits up briskly. A quick shake of his head is followed by regret, as a headache sweeps over him. "You..Why did you take me with you? They will pay no ransom for the likes of me."

boldfont
2013-05-05, 12:54 AM
Friendly Bo is as confused as Kekth. To him the answer is obvious.
Because I no want to see you die by angry prisoners. Is not dignity. Now you are waking you can go back and live a good long time. We are escapings, and yes you are enemy, but why for one man die because of this? You have lost. Perhaps we fight again one day. On that day, remember my words.
He gives his foe a gentle smile as he explains this. For him, the golden rule dictates his life. To live life freely and without bounds, and to only stop when this freedom affects the like freedom of others. You wouldn't know it, but there is a philosopher inside this gentle giant.
Goodbye. Yetchizma...
He waves off Uroo's suggestion. Extorting information from the helpless was not his way. Instead, he jogs to catch up with the others encouraging Uroo to leave the man behind. If he were less trusting he would have turned around to see if Uroo agreed...

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-05-05, 08:53 AM
"It rather seems you found the positive side of Bo's simplicity," commented Jase standing near the fallen guard; "He's loyal, I'll give him that, but I'm not going to be the one to kill you if he says no. Just so you know. And Kekth, don't look badly on my, er, little deception: I was only there to help Bo out, not free everyone; and you can see he is a kind soul." Thinking they'd probably peeked Kekth's interest enough he turned and hurried to catch up with Bo.

"We should find somewhere sheltered to make camp," he said slowly to the giant, "I'm hurt, remember, and I need somewhere to rest before we move on. You got that?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-05-14, 04:16 PM
Making their way into a small copse in order to make camp, Jase sank to the ground exhausted.
"Hate to be a burden like this and all, but would you be willing to stand watch for a few hours whilst I get my strength back. Those guards back at the place aren't half nasty with their spears." Jase was really that the others wouldn't remember he'd been on the other side: but that wasn't all too likely.

Shutting his eyes, Jase relaxed, knowing he needed to get some sleep so he could be back on his feet the next day.

boldfont
2013-05-14, 05:57 PM
Bo helped to set up camp and honored Jase's request to stand guard. To occupy himself he softly sang "the waiting song". It was a lyrical ballad from his homeland about a man who spent his whole life waiting on others until one day he decided to seize control and move things forward for himself.

Frog Dragon
2013-05-15, 11:01 AM
The next morning

You awake, and the whistling you hear in the distance makes you uncertain whether it was the whistling that awoke you, or whether you simply awoke to hear it. Regardless of which it was, the sound moves closer, though not very quickly.

Eventually, a rustle in the undergrowth becomes apparent, and a woman whose hair has already gone gray walks into view among the trees. Though rather short and with the stout, northern features of an Angrian, her skin does not match that expectation, being too brownish for anyone from the north. A thick brown cloak covers her almost entirely, and she holds a walking stick, though from her gait it seems that she hardly needs it. She quickly notices the dried blood covering Jase's torso. "Oh dear," she says. "You look hurt." She walks closer and looks at the three of you, the targets of her gaze making you realize that Kadar and Kekth have left in the night. "Whatever are you doing out here?"

boldfont
2013-05-15, 07:08 PM
Hello. Pleased to be meeting you. Can you helping him? We are lost.

It was all true. Bo tried to avoid lying if he could avoid it.

Frog Dragon
2013-05-16, 03:08 PM
"Lost?" She raises an eyebrow. "You are but three kilometers from the village. My house is even closer." She extends her left hand to Jase, who seems most injured, though she does not fail to note the wounds on the others. "Can you walk? I can take you. I used to be a healer you know, I can still mix a poultice for your hurts."

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-05-16, 05:43 PM
Despite having recovered over night, Jase's injury still pained him, as it had only really scabbed over.
"Thank you, my lady," he answers with unnecessary gravity. "I am Jase Tiaron, and these are my companions: Bo the Friendly, and er, Uroo, I believe. We are not well acquainted with these lands, and your help is much valued."

HP: 2/12!!!

boldfont
2013-05-16, 07:31 PM
Please to be meeting you. He speaks so softly and deeply that his voice is drowned out by a chittering squirrel and has to repeat himself. *Ahem* Please to be meeting you mam.

Frog Dragon
2013-05-19, 06:07 AM
"You can just call me Ilaca. Pleased to meet you too." She turns, waiting for you to follow. Making her way through the underbrush, she sets upon an old game trail and starts following it southwest. Soon, she turns left, trudging a short distance through denser wood before reaching a clearing. The village of Karnhan can be seen in the distance, a few hundred meters of grass and fields away. However, Ilica makes her way to a house only some dozens of meters away. It is reasonably large for a peasant dwelling, and has two floors. She walks up to the terrace and opens a door.

"Come on inside and rest," she says.

Assuming you follow her, though Nanoblack didn't post.

Also, friendly DM suggestion: Knowledge checks are your friends.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-05-19, 09:02 AM
Jase nods and falls in with their new companion. He tried to recall what he knew of the surrounding area, though in truth he had not been there very long, and that time had been spent within the prison.

Smiling at the promise of a real bed and proper rest, rather than camping in a forest or a cave, Jase happily followed her.

Knowledge local: [roll0]

Sense Motive [roll1]

boldfont
2013-05-19, 10:38 AM
Your house, is very large Ilaca. Very nice. You is lucky I thinks to have such a house in beautiful forest. But why for you not live in yon village? I was raised on boat for to make business as merchant's son. Is similar reason?

Bo is kind, not naive. He listens with a scrutinizing ear, trying to sense her motive.

Frog Dragon
2013-05-21, 01:46 PM
"I moved with the mine," Ilaca says, sitting down in a chair in front of a table and a shelf full of urns and jars. She pushes some aside and picks up a plate from the shelf. "I'm Kzarian by birth. Truth be told, I don't think we'll stay here much longer." She takes a few plant seeds from an urn and crushes them on the plate with a small wooden implement. "There are some spare mattresses there if you need to lie down," she says, pointing offhandedly at the opposite corner in the room, across the large table in the centre.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-05-22, 04:30 AM
"Why would you want to leave here? Your house is lovely?" Jase asked, making small talk since he thought it would be a bit rude to just take a mattress and lie down, when they had only just met their host.

boldfont
2013-05-22, 08:08 AM
Bo has no such qualms. He sleeps when and where he can get it. He thanks his hostess and rests his eyes.

Frog Dragon
2013-05-23, 02:35 PM
"A great many things happened last night," Ilaca says. "It's rumors, but I heard, the administrator, Ataca died." She breaks some sort of leaf into her mix of herbs. "Maybe they're still fighting up there, but much of the guard deserted. Some of them took the road in the night. Without that mine, there isn't much here for a lot of us." She turns from her plate and smiles wearily. "It's been a hectic night."

boldfont
2013-06-02, 08:04 PM
Bo was asleep. Indeed, it seemed like he was asleep for a very long time. It was almost as if the little man in his head had gone off and lived a whole other life of his own in some other land. Perhaps where dreams came from, but that was unlikely. In any case, Bo now was roused by Ilaca's news.

Is dead? I... am no from this country. Clearly. Tell me more. This will mean war, no?

Frog Dragon
2013-06-03, 02:55 PM
"War? Nothing more than is already going on," Ilaca says. "Strongerlanders attack our mines given half a chance. River barges carrying iron are burned mid-trip. That's why Ilum Ralapi hires so many guards. But Strongerlanders fight like common bandits, only they have a coat of arms. You don't war against bandits."

There is a knock on her door, and she walks up to open it. A man a fair bit taller than Ilaca, and with a head of black hair stands in the doorway, coated in a hunter's leathers. He looks younger as well, perhaps in his thirties. He steps inside, staring quizzically at the two strangers. "Morning, mother." He says. "They were in the forest, Ralon," Ilaca says. The man takes a seat on the opposite side of the room to you. "This is my son," Ilaca continues, sitting down in front of her table of herbs again. "He's... or was mayor here." She turns to her son. "Did you find anyone?" she asks. "No. Most of the guards left in the night, merchants don't want us in their caravans..." He lets the sentence hang. "Say. You're leaving this place, right?" He says, looking at Jase and Bo.