PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Hulk/Grapple build

RFLS
2013-03-10, 04:08 PM
Hey playground, brief question here. I'm looking to play a Hulk-esque character (not The Hulk, but in a similar vein. Gets angry, smashes stuff). Important build points include: Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Rage based abilities, and lots of Strength. Lots of it.

Currently, I've got the following:

Barbarian (Mountain Rage)[Power Attack]
Monk [Imp. Grapple, Imp. Unarmed Strike]
Fighter [Improved Bull Rush, Knockback]
Fighter (Dungeoncrasher)
Barbarian (Wasteland Barbarian)[Great Fortitude]
Fist of the Forest [Cleave]
War Hulk
War Hulk
Fist of the Forest [Weapon Focus: Enemy]
War Hulk
War Hulk
Fist of the Forest [Point Blank Shot]
Hulking Hurler
Hulking Hurler
Hulking Hurler [Leap Attack]

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm considering Frenzied Berserker, but the two rage feat prereqs it has are...kinda meh, to be honest.

Houserules in effect:
Using a grappled enemy as a weapon is a Strength DC 20 + 5 per size larger than Small the enemy is. You get a +2 bonus per size larger than them you are. Convoluted, and I'll be trying to talk my DM into making it easier to use.

Wasteland Barbarian happens at level 2, not level 5. I have no idea why, but I'll take it and use it.

Piggy Knowles
2013-03-10, 04:29 PM
It's a little cheesy, but you may want to consider only taking one level of War Hulk, and using Uncanny Trickster and/or Legacy Champion to progress it further. This way you gain the strength benefits but also pick up some BAB. I'd drop three levels of War Hulk and add in eight levels of Legacy Champion to finish out the build.

ksbsnowowl
2013-03-10, 04:37 PM
You can't combine War Hulk and Fist of the Forest; believe me, I wanted to do it with a Spriggan once.

Fist of the Forest has mental skill prerequisites, and War Hulk makes you treated as having no ranks in any mental skill other than Intimidate.

The best ways to have an on/off War Hulk is either a Goliath Barbarian (Mountain rage to grow and meet the prereqs for War Hulk), a spriggan (FF), a Bhuer Hag (UE), or some sort of wildshaper to go Large and turn on War Hulk.

RFLS
2013-03-10, 06:05 PM
Hrm...I think I might drop War Hulk, then. How does this sound:

Barbarian (Mountain Rage)[Power Attack]
Monk [Imp. Grapple, Imp. Unarmed Strike]
Fighter [Improved Bull Rush, Knockback]
Fighter (Dungeoncrasher)
Barbarian (Wasteland Barbarian)[Great Fortitude]
Fist of the Forest [Cleave]
Fist of the Forest
Fist of the Forest
Bear Warrior