View Full Version : Knowledge devotion and spells

Soranar
2013-03-10, 06:26 PM
The text of the feat says:

receive an insight bonus on attack rolls and
damage rolls against that creature

nowhere does it mention weapons

so , say I use the spell scorching ray

do I get the bonus to hit and damage for each ray?

Morphie
2013-03-10, 06:34 PM
I'd say that the bonus applies to all the effects on which you have to roll for damage.

The group where I play just allowed it for my brother's PC, I think the feat is too powerful, but hey, whatever works :)

Fyermind
2013-03-10, 07:49 PM
It definitely works on weaponlike spells such as scorching ray. I don't think it should (whether or not it does by RAW) on other spells such as fireball.

Gotterdammerung
2013-03-11, 12:54 AM
Yes you get the bonus on all attack rolls and all damage rolls regardless of the source. Some GM's will nerf it, but that is what it does straight out of the box.

Spruit
2013-03-11, 01:17 AM
I always assumed that if the spell requires a ranged touch attack and deals damage, it would gain the benefit, otherwise it would be unaffected.

Crake
2013-03-11, 02:25 AM
does that mean that each magic missile fired against a creature which you're getting a bonus against will gain additional damage?

Gotterdammerung
2013-03-11, 02:37 AM
does that mean that each magic missile fired against a creature which you're getting a bonus against will gain additional damage?

Yep.

Again, most GM's will likely house rule nerf this feat if you start using it that way. But the text of the feat is clear. You get the bonus damage on damage rolls. So anything that gives you a damage roll will get the bonus. From magic missiles to trash cans.

HunterOfJello
2013-03-11, 02:41 AM
it should definitely increase the damage for weapon-like spells

for the rest I would treat it the same as Warmage's Edge