PDA

View Full Version : Bull Rushin Grappled Opponent

Bubzors
2013-03-10, 06:38 PM
So we came into this recently in the campaign I am in. One of the other PC's were grappled and I was thinking of bullrushing the enemy who was doing it. What are the rules for this? Do I do a strength check against each of them, or just the enemy? Does this just move the enemy or both of them since they are grappling?

Squirrel_Dude
2013-03-10, 09:19 PM
You have to make a charge attack in order to bull rush, so you can't make a bull rush attempt while grappled.

icefractal
2013-03-11, 05:07 AM
He's not in a grapple - Player A is trying to Bull Rush Enemy B, who is grappling Player C.

I'm not actually sure if there are rules for this action. I would say there are two cases:
1) One party is cooperating. Make a Bull Rush against the opposed party. If you push them, they have to immediately make a grapple check to hold on to the other person. If they fail, the grapple ends and only they get pushed. Otherwise both people get pushed.

2) Neither person in the grapple wants to be pushed. Make a Bull Rush check against both people - use the lower margin to determine success/distance.

That's not any kind of official rule, BTW, just how I would run it.

Bubzors
2013-03-11, 01:15 PM
Thanks a lot. We ended up doing exactly what you recommended in option 1. Seemed fair and to make sense. I couldn't find any official rules so I was just reaching out here to see if the playground could find something.