PDA

View Full Version : Feat: Iron Broom

grinner666
2006-11-14, 12:46 AM
You have learned to perform a damaging leg sweep against multiple opponents.

Prerequisites: Dex 13+, Int 13+, Improved Unarmed Strike, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, BAB +6

Benefit: As a full attack action, you may make an unarmed Trip attack against every opponent within your unarmed combat reach at your highest BAB, including the bonus attack against every opponent you successfully trip, doing your normal unarmed damage. However you take a -2 to BAB for all attacks.

Essentially the character with this feat drops to one knee and whips his other leg around in a circle, potentially tripping each tripped opponent with the tripping attack then rising to his own feet.

Note: A character with this feat may use another feat that improves his unarmed damage or effect, such as Stunning Fist or Fists of Iron, on his free attack. However he may only do so against one opponent, must state that he is doing so before the attack roll, and if he does so he ends his action prone.

Normal: With Whirlwind Attack, you forfeit any bonuses or extra attacks granted by other feats or abilities.

Special: This feat may be taken as a Fighter bonus feat.

Thray
2006-11-15, 01:56 AM
I'm confused. Whirlwind Attack already allows you to attempt to trip everyone in reach. What exactly does this do that's different? Why is damage mentioned? Does it do damage in addition to tripping, if it hits?

grinner666
2006-11-15, 08:57 AM
Normal: With Whirlwind Attack, you forfeit any bonuses or extra attacks granted by other feats or abilities.

Whirlwind Attack does not allow the bonus attack against every opponent within reach. That's straight out of the PH. This does.

icke
2006-11-29, 09:33 AM
So you basically get a free attack against every opponent AND the attacks of opportunity when each of them gets to its feet again(if you have the Combat Reflexes feat)?

Too hard, if You ask me...

Doing a single special attack you're capable of to one of them would be fine enough for a feat: trip all and strike one extra.

CabbageTheif
2006-11-29, 11:58 AM
no, no, looking at what a monk in real life can do, and looking at what a monk would have to take as feats, i think this is well balanced and can ad alot of good flavor.

Umarth
2006-11-30, 09:15 AM
This is actually saying you get a trip attack against everyone and a normal attack against any that you trip (per normal improved trip rules).

This seems a bit to much with BAB +6 I'd keep all the requirements but move the BAB up to 12. Maybe also add Combat Reflexes in there. Two attacks against everyone arround you is nasty.