PDA

View Full Version : Vorpal

Arkturas
2013-03-10, 11:44 PM
If you were to take the vorpal enchant, and turn it from the the beheading ability on a nat twenty, to a increase of the weapons crit multiplier by one, what would you say the enchant should be? +5 still, or something lower?

ArcturusV
2013-03-10, 11:46 PM
Well typically beheading ends a fight, period. And bumping up from a x2 to a x3 crit would not. Sure, exceptions to beheading ending a fight. But yeah, probably would be worth less. Maybe a +3 worth.

Seharvepernfan
2013-03-10, 11:53 PM
...I'd say +2, personally. Does it still only function on a 20?

This makes me think, what if vorpal functioned as normal, but also allowed critical hits to function on beings that are normally immune (but not insta-killing them)? Worthy of a +5? Because that would be pretty sweet.

Gemini Lupus
2013-03-10, 11:55 PM
This is just me, but I've house ruled that in addition to the beheading ability on a natural 20, a Vorpal weapon also functions as a keen weapon and increases the crit multiplier by 1.

Zanthy1
2013-03-11, 12:48 AM
Well typically beheading ends a fight, period. And bumping up from a x2 to a x3 crit would not. Sure, exceptions to beheading ending a fight. But yeah, probably would be worth less. Maybe a +3 worth.

This right here, this is the good stuff.

From what you say though, you are just increasing the crit multiplier by 1? I would make that a +2 probably, but if you are keeping the beheading, then probably not lol

Ravens_cry
2013-03-11, 02:12 AM
I might actually use that, though it's hard to say if it should be +2 or +3. +2 feels too strong, but +3 too expensive.

SowZ
2013-03-11, 02:39 AM
I might actually use that, though it's hard to say if it should be +2 or +3. +2 feels too strong, but +3 too expensive.

The easy solution is +2, but it only increases on a nat 20. Or, make it a flat bonus to the multiplier and price it at +3 but give a +4 bonus to confirm the critical.