PDA

View Full Version : Feat: Superior Disarm

grinner666
2006-11-14, 01:00 AM
You have mastered the art of the disarm.

Prerequisites: Dex 15+, Int 13+, Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, BAB +6

Benefit: On a successful Disarm attempt, you may choose to have the disarmed weapon land anywhere within your weapon's reach, including in your hand if you have one hand free (i.e., not holding a weapon or shield).

Normal: With an armed disarm the weapon lands in your opponent's square. With an unarmed disarm the weapon ends up in your hands.

Special: A fighter may choose Superior Disarm as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Thray
2006-11-15, 12:52 AM
Hmmm. So this effectively gives another +4 in the special case that you want to snatch the weapon for yourself, or it lets you manipulate where it falls slightly.

What makes this really good is when you use this with a weapon with sufficiently large reach (say, if enlarged) to get their weapon far 10 feet away from them that they have to spend a full round picking it up. Considering how specialized that is, the feat on its own seems fine to me.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-11-15, 02:33 PM
Should probably by Greater Disarm. Improved -> Greater -> Superior common but I've never seen Improved -> Superior used before. The step up from Greater is usually what ever you feel like such as in Two-Weapon Fighting -> Improved Two-Weapon Fighting -> Greater Two-Weapon Fighting -> Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting or from a third party book Dodge -> Improved Dodge -> Greater Dodge -> Supreme Dodge. Greater is pretty much the step up from improved though. Sometimes they skip out the improved step as in Greater Weapon Focus or Greater Spell Focus.

It looks fair but doesn't really seem like something I'd actually take. Spending more than one feat on a specific combat action doesn't sound very clever to me.

grinner666
2006-11-15, 08:04 PM
Should probably by Greater Disarm. Improved -> Greater -> Superior common but I've never seen Improved -> Superior used before. The step up from Greater is usually what ever you feel like such as in Two-Weapon Fighting -> Improved Two-Weapon Fighting -> Greater Two-Weapon Fighting -> Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting or from a third party book Dodge -> Improved Dodge -> Greater Dodge -> Supreme Dodge. Greater is pretty much the step up from improved though. Sometimes they skip out the improved step as in Greater Weapon Focus or Greater Spell Focus.

It looks fair but doesn't really seem like something I'd actually take. Spending more than one feat on a specific combat action doesn't sound very clever to me.

*yawns* Do you have something USEFUL to critique? Or are you just going to whine about terminology? It's superior because I'm not going to add another feat to the chain. If you don't like it, change the name for your OWN campaign. In my campaign, this is its name because this is IT for this chain.

MagFlare
2006-11-17, 01:09 PM
*yawns* Do you have something USEFUL to critique? Or are you just going to whine about terminology? It's superior because I'm not going to add another feat to the chain. If you don't like it, change the name for your OWN campaign. In my campaign, this is its name because this is IT for this chain.

That seems a little harsh.

Regardless, this is a pretty stylish feat. I imagine swashbucklers, duelists, and certain sorts of fighters getting it simply for the flavor: it's indisputably awesome to knock an enemy's sword out of his hands and into your own.