PDA

View Full Version : Feat: Dragon's Tail Strike

grinner666
2006-11-14, 01:19 AM
Dragon's Tail Strike (General)

You have learned to use the Chain and Spiked Chain as double weapons.

Prerequisites: BAB +4, Dex 15, Exotic WP/Chain or Spiked Chain, Two Weapon Fighting or Flurry of Blows

Benefit: You may choose to use the Chain or Spiked Chain as either a double weapon or reach weapon. If you choose to use one as a double weapon, you may not use it as a reach weapon until your next turn (and vice versa). The off-hand strike is considered a light weapon. A monk with this feat treats these weapons as special monk weapons.

Normal: You may choose to use the Chain or Spiked Chain as reach or normal weapons, but not as double weapons.

Special: A fighter may choose this as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Proven_Paradox
2006-11-14, 01:26 AM
I think spiked chains are already pretty broken as is, and I'm not sure I'd like to see more to make them better... Even IF this requires a feat.

knightsaline
2006-11-14, 01:49 AM
this sounds like a weapon style feat, from Cwar. make it clearer that the weapon is unable to strike at its full length.

Fizban
2006-11-14, 03:10 AM
Ha! In Oriental Adventures the spiked chain, and variations of it were all double weapon/reach weapon choosable.

Anyway, seems fine to me. Aside from the spiked chain being rediculously popular for an exotic weapon.

Tangent: we need a martial spiked chain equivalent. Guess what? by following the implicit weapon point system, triping and bonus to disarm are 1 point each, so we can drop both of those, and still have a point left over for the martial weapon. So we get.....2d4/19-20 reach that can hit adjacent.............. hey look, that's better than a longsword........

Wow, that turned into a near-flame fast. Anyway, the feat's fine, you could even make it a house rule if you wanted. The number of prerequisites at least seperates it from the basic exotic proficiency. I'm going to bed now.

grinner666
2006-11-15, 08:16 PM
Ha! In Oriental Adventures the spiked chain, and variations of it were all double weapon/reach weapon choosable.

That's fine for OA ... IF the DM chooses to use that rule. In other campaigns this is still a useful feat. In fact, people from non-oriental campaigns have suggested to me that it's TOO useful, too powerful.