PDA

View Full Version : Switching Item Slots for named items

feyanor
2013-03-11, 09:28 AM
Ok, the Question is pretty easy :)

Is there a rule or guideline for switching the body slots on specific named items or combining several of those on the same body slot?

Let me give you an example:

Could I create an Item that has the exact same effect as, say, a Monk's Belt, but using the Shoulder Body Slot?

Could I create an Item that is both a Healing Belt and a Monk's Belt?

I know there are rules for doing this for ability Score enhancing Items, but i am not sure wether this would work for named items as well...

Thanks in advance :)

Killer Angel
2013-03-11, 09:41 AM
Given that Wondrous items that don’t match the affinity for a particular body slot should cost 50% more (than the same w.i. that matches the affinity), a dirty and quick rule, could be that you take the "named item" and add 50% to its cost.

herrhauptmann
2013-03-11, 09:18 PM
In the DMG, combining two items requires you to increase the price of the lowest cost one by 50%.
In the MiC, you just add them together.
So a Healing Monks belt will be the same cost as the two individually. Mind you, the DM might have you buy it special, which could cost more time, or require you do a quest for maker.

Greenish
2013-03-12, 01:11 AM
In the DMG, combining two items requires you to increase the price of the lowest cost one by 50%.
In the MiC, you just add them together.
So a Healing Monks belt will be the same cost as the two individually. Mind you, the DM might have you buy it special, which could cost more time, or require you do a quest for maker.MIC doesn't allow all items to be combined without mark-up, only some of the more basic ones (so you could add, say, +Str to a monk's belt with the cost being the sum of two items, but adding healing belt would be at the sum+50% of the healing belt's price).