PDA

View Full Version : Repository for Minor Magical Item Histories

TheDarkSaint
2013-03-11, 12:19 PM
I created a list of magical items and what not for my players the other day, and on a whim, created some basic histories for the magical items. I figured it would give the Bard, who's felt kind of negleted in the past few dungeon crawls, a bone to chew on.

I then realized that I really liked doing it, but I didn't want to run out of ideas for magical item histories. So, I've come here, looking for good names and histories for items that aren't earth shaking, but that can add a bit of depth to a campaign world.

I'll post mine. I hope you can post yours.

ring of protection +1 (Jesumar's Ring. Belonged to a Soceror who lived 50 years ago. Believed in the coming of the end of the world and tried to take steps to prevent it. Small engraved shield on a ring of silver)

WAND
Slow (Wand of Tiwnas. Thin ash wand, capped in granite stone tips. Tiwnas was an artificer who studied movement and time)

WONDROUS ITEM
horn of blasting (Horn of Defiance. Last seen 300 years ago, it was used by the reputed bard Sy the Mighty to lead a band of rebels against the tyrant dragon Ashardalon)

Cloak of resistance +2 (soft woolen cloak of high quality. Dyed blue with embroidered runes stiched into the hood and down the sides. It's maker is unknown)

WEAPON
rapier +2 (Thram's Sabre. Thram was a swashbuckler of ill repute, leading sortee's against dwarven caravan's to Sumberton long ago. He was captured and executed by the Dwarves. His famous sabre was never found.)

scimintar +1 keen (A scimitar made of black metal, this sword is engraved with a Kingfisher in gold on the pommel. The blade seems impossibly sharp, slicing open thumbs easily if tested against flesh. Engraved in Drow on the hilt are the words Angroloick, meaning "Razor Whisper" in old Drowish)