PDA

View Full Version : Beholders and AMF/Z

Glarnog
2013-03-11, 01:54 PM
At some point in the near future my group will be going up against a lot of beholders. I expect them to have odd class level and template combos. My DM is great about making some unique and challenging opponents. The group is about 16 tht lvl. We have a wiz that can maybe cast 7th lvl's max. DM is limiting a lot of the reality bending magic that way. Also makes some of the prestige classes that don't always advance casting look a bit more attractive. Some sort of rogue/wiz with a couple of Prcs, not really sure on his build he recently did a rebuild from more of a straight assassin. We have some sort of psionic monk build that can turn huge. We have a crit fishing fighter that uses blood in the water and lightening maces and some adaptive stuff that really adds up in a long fight. Then my archer ranger. We started pretty high level and don't necessarily have any experience with these characters and AMZs. I am thinking we will have to rethink our weapons and armor some. And look in to alchemical items. I'm really on familiar with the PH. So any thoughts and advice is welcome.

TL:DR Any advice on how to gear up, and how best to prepare for a Beholder nation and their AMFs.

Thanks

Gildedragon
2013-03-11, 02:46 PM
Pepper spray, chili oil in sprayers... Mundane effect that ought to get them closing their eyes.
Learning Shadow Jaunt to get out of the cone
Boost the hell out of their diplomacy to negotiate with some of them
Get better at ranged attacks, use powerful mundane items, go for the center eye