PDA

View Full Version : And There Came A Day...

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-11, 03:29 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14874425#post14874425)

---

Mass confusion swirls in Signal city square, gripping the masses of civilian’s just minutes before going around their daily business. Police sirens screech through the noonday sky, audible even over the din of panic. From all corners of the city the SCPD mobilize, red alert, maximum danger, all personnel needed.
The panic has attracted more than just the news, however. Each of you has noticed the ruckus, and decided to follow the trail. Following the fleeing masses backwards reveals a trail of destruction, of broken windows, smashed up streets and cars tossed aside, all leading to the signal city capital bank.
Coming into the sight of the bank, the number of civilians thins and the number of officers increases. All around the area are police barricades, officers armed and ready, and a number injured. A quick look beyond the barricades reveals a mass of semi-uniformed men, armed similarly to the officers – their attire distinct enough to recognize one another, non-descript enough to fade into the crowd.
The leader of the officers on the scene sees each of you arriving and nods you through, with a grave expression and not a word, before gesturing to a pool of inky blackness around the bank; this is obviously more than just a well-armed group of thugs.
Each of you arrives, either by your selves or in groups, from all directions.
Another day in signal city

---

Right, so, lets get started. Sorry for throwing you all into combat from the offset, but, well, not really :p

Brox
2013-03-11, 05:13 PM
When directed to the site command officer I'll approach him

Good afternoon sir, My name is Wraith, I'm here to assist, please ensure any civilians are far enough away. If that blot expands, please make sure your men keep a safe distance, no telling what properties that mass has...

Do the semi-uniformed men look like SWAT or some other police force?

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-11, 07:45 PM
The attacked look nothing like any swat force you've seen. their outfits seem to consits of a black hooded coat or jumper and a pair of loose slacks, also black, though you can see, due to outlines and tears, that they're wearing some sort of body armour underneath.

you can just make out a small red emblem on each of them, though due to movement you can;t make out much detail

Necroticplague
2013-03-11, 08:01 PM
Seeing the massive disruption , and of course practically obligated to investigate out of at least curiosity, Proteus wastes little time heading to the source. Trying to stay out of sight, he arrives via underground, finding his way using the oh-so obvious vibrations of people running away.Slinking out the ground in his typical "work guise", he finds his way in to get a peak at things. As concise as normal "Sitrep?".

Dienekes
2013-03-11, 10:00 PM
In one of the numerous dark and dirty alleys of Signal City, Sir Ulryn knelt in silent prayer. Asking his God to return him home, as he had every day. He had barely finished when he heard the sirens blare past and the din of fearful commotion rose in the air.

Without a word, Ulryn stood up and started to strap on the armor he kept hidden. If he was stuck in this Godforsaken place he would at least be useful.
A moment later Ulryn walked out of the alley, as he belted his sheathe to his hip.

Reaching the officers Ulryn slammed a gauntlet-ed fist into his breastplate and bows his head to the officer in command. "I am here to offer you my service." Silently the officer nods him through, "Danke -uhh- thank you." He mumbles as he walks toward the blackness and draws his sword.

Brox
2013-03-11, 10:43 PM
Are there any windows on the side of the building that I can look in? (Keeping in mind I have Darkvision)

I'm guessing those aren't your men in front there, correct officer?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-12, 12:14 AM
When Avalon sighted the disturbance on one of his flying patrols, he made his way at speed to the scene, landing amidst the police and heroes assembled. He quickly scanned the bank, peering at it with his enhanced eyesight in hopes of penetrating the obscuring field.

Whether or not he could, he looked to the officer in command with a confident grin. "Phoenix Knight reporting for duty. What do we got? Have we established whether or not we can move through that thing?" He'd wait a solid second and a half for an answer before starting towards the field.

HopeHubris
2013-03-12, 08:48 AM
"Aww, come on, nothing this fanciful ever happens when I get good powers, is non-aquatic travel too much to ask when faced with a... Big dark blob thing?" Roulette mutters under his breath as he approaches the bank, stopping just behind the barricades, trying to see if he can detect anything inside the darkness, "Though, I do suppose sonar has it's uses, as does not needing to breathe "

Huh, quite a few heroes showing up already, maybe I won't have to help after all

Also, not his best day for hero-ing powers, so he's currently in civies, though it shouldn't take long to swap out, he wears his costume under his clothes, with his mask kept in a pocket on the inside of the armoured vest

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-12, 04:36 PM
The sergeant notes your arrival before answering your questions. "Glad to have some of Signal's champions show up to help, this is beyond us. As far as I can tell, we're under attack by some sort of metahuman, and he brought an army. I don't know much details beside this goons are well trained and well armed.
as to that... bubble thing, we know it's possible to enter it, but every officer who's tried to pass through has vanished.
What confuses me most is that the attackers made it clear they have hostages, but have yet to make any demands or the like.
so far there have been two rush attempts by the criminal forces to break this barricade, but they've felt almost half-hearted. As for us, we've been holding our position waiting for any hostage demands for the captured bank staff"

Wraith attunes his eyes to the orb of blackness. within he can make out a number of moving figures, dressed simmilarly to the thugs, as well as a number of police officers kneeling on the ground. The door to the vault is wide open. before your eyes, one of the thugs, carrying a sack of stolen money, vanishes in a puff of smoke. You can't see any of the bank staff, only men in uniform of one sort or another.
for the layout of the building, he can make out the wide front entrance and a glass window to the side. he can also see a smaller window on the second floor.

Brox
2013-03-12, 05:55 PM
Officer, your men are held hostage, surrounded by a group of thugs. Whoever it was that came for the money has already teleported out on a puff of smoke. At least we can save this hostage situation. [to the rest of the heroes arriving] If you lot would care for a frontal assault we may be able to get some inside with me. Are any of you good with fighting in the dark?

I'll draw the goggles down over my eyes. I don't want the darkness going away without me being ready.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-12, 06:08 PM
Avalon halted his approach as hostages were mentioned. That meant, a bit more preparation and consideration was required.

Sigh.

He frowned darkly when Wraith pointed out the captured officers. "I'm a big fan of frontal assaults," he said. "And yeah, fighting in the dark shouldn't be a problem. In fact...I should be able deal with the darkness and draw enough enemy fire to minimize risk to the hostages."

Dienekes
2013-03-12, 07:14 PM
"I would not shy away from a frontal assault, but would they not murder the captured if we attempt to do so?" Ulryn shook his head. "Would it not be more prudent to try a non-violent method of distraction? Perhaps a show that they are no longer facing mere guards. Claim we know that their master has left them there and taken their plunder with him. Offer them terms of surrender and waste their time until you can get into position to defend the captured when hostilities commence."

Necroticplague
2013-03-12, 07:26 PM
"Unless, of course, they kill the hostages the second they see you, then fight you. I'd rather relish in an immunity to small arms fire as well, but it looks like a more...subtle approach will be required.Know of anyway to kill your lights?."
Practicing what he preaches, he seems to fade out of sight as he slinks into the ground, ready to begin the search. First hostages, then bad guys.

Mutations use:
Monstrous Bullete Form:7 points
Decreasing con and strength by 5, increasing dex by 3:-7 points (new stats:10,10,18
Hunter from the Pit:12 points (see sub-spoiler)
Sometimes, there are times when even the hardest of hunters have to hide their faces. You've looked at pretty much all ways an average human can be shown, and have learned to snuff out your own signs when the need be as long as you keep yourself moving steady.
Concealment 10: All non-tactile senses.
Mods:Blending(-1)
Feats:Selective, Close Range

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-12, 07:44 PM
"Eh, I was kinda figuring, fly in, throw up enough of a light show that anyone not shooting at me can't see where to shoot, and just throw myself in the way of any bullets still managing to go in a useful direction. I don't really do subtle..."

"But I mean sure, if you guys want to give stealth a try or something, I can heal up the injured out here unless - or, let's be honest here, until - things do turn violent."

Dienekes
2013-03-12, 08:21 PM
"First, if we are to work together we must learn what each of us can do. There is no way to make an effective plan otherwise. I am Sir Ulryn." He places his hand upon his sword. "Trained knight, I hold a magic sword and shield." He turns to Wraith, "And you, have some ability to see through walls?"

Brox
2013-03-12, 09:24 PM
@Avalon

I need that Darkness to teleport into the room. Once we're in you can eliminate the darkness, that should hopefully disorient them. I can take some with me so we hit them from two sides, pick your targets wisely and incapacitate the left side as you enter, the hostages are kneeling on the ground surrounded by hostiles. I'll take the knight with me, and we will likewise concentrate on the left side. We will be facing you, so we wont overlap on targets

@Ulryn
Good to meet you Ulryn, you all may call me Wraith. I teleport, I'm a master of Darkness, and I have a couple of extra tricks you may appreciate.

@all
For instance...if you wish to see the inside, let me show you...

The inside of a squad car should suffice for my needs. I'll invoke my ESP ability using the native shadows of the inside of a squad car. I use shadow as a medium, so the others should be able to observe as well (unless you say otherwise) as if the shadows were a viewing screen. My ESP has visual and audio capabilities.

I wave my hand over the open window of the squad car, as if polishing glass that isn't there. Slowly, an image appears in the dark, the inside of the bank, clearly illustrating where the hostages are and where the thugs are located. The image is oriented as if we were standing in front of the bank looking in.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-13, 12:03 AM
"Sounds like a plan to me," Avalon agreed. "I'm Avalon Sommerson, Phoenix Knight. I'm basically what you get when you put the medic in charge of the heavy artillery."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-13, 08:09 AM
His jetpack secure, the good doctor hovers down to ground level. He begins, after nodding to the police and trying to smile for the benefit of the uncomfortable, with analyzing the blackness with his extra-sensory information.

OOC: Does he see anything? Hear anything? He can see and hear above and below normal human spectrum to remind you, and would know exact dimensions, angles and auditory ranges (only needed if they're necessary to the solution).

He also accesses his brain box, instantly flooding his mind with minutiae on several subjects, which he thankfully already is well-read enough to grasp.

Pick up to four knowledge skills that are appropriate to this, they all are the same bonus

#1:[roll0]
#2:[roll1]
#3:[roll2]
#4:[roll3]

Finally, he turns to the group.

"Hello everyone. Can anyone give me context I might be missing?"

HopeHubris
2013-03-13, 08:37 AM
Well, this is awkward, I really should have considered how I'd change clothes before I pushed my way to the front of a crowd, now, how to go about changing...

With a sudden burst of inspiration, he decides to attempt to create a thick, icy mist by spreading his ice creation thinly enough that it allows the easy movement of a costume change, but thick enough that it conceals it.

Well, I suppose my enhanced luckiness wasn't working properly, who would have thought that I'd happen across a crime on my gambling day

After a successful change, Roulette approaches the group, "Sorry I'm late, I was caught out of costume, I'm sure... some of you must know how that is, anyway, what's the plan?"

I have hero points right? Using one to give me an Alternate Power, for the concealment effect of the mist

edit: I just realised I don't need to ignore the fatigue, so I'm just Extra Effort-ing a Power Stunt, so, I'm fatigued

Dienekes
2013-03-13, 10:26 AM
A knight! Ulryn was grinning beneath his helmet. He had worried that the old orders had all been destroyed, but as long as there was at least one knight remaining there must be some hope. Once this battle was over he must question this Avalon.

Ulryn nods in agreement as Wraith finished speaking. "It seems a sound plan.." Noticing the new arrivals he waves to the flying man and the one who came from the mist.

"Greetings," Ulryn nods his head in respect. "Brigands have several captives within that building and are threatening to execute them. The one called Wraith believes he can teleport several of us into their midst so we can protect the hostages in wake of a more direct assault that was to be lead by the Phoenix Knight. We would be most obliged for your assistance in this matter. Personally, I believe we should divide the parties favoring those that are teleporting inside, so 3 are brought inside, 2 attacking the outside. It is likely to be the most directly dangerous, and we can use all the help protecting the innocent inside. What abilities do you two possess that could be of use in this situation?"

Necroticplague
2013-03-13, 04:06 PM
"I can't teleport, but I can sneak hidden in the walls for now.I'll head inside.That leaves me, Wraith, and one other person if any of you want to head in. Can't get too inside-heavy, or the can flee. can't get too outside heavy, or we can't get the Hostages in time."

HopeHubris
2013-03-13, 06:38 PM
"Well, right now, I can stretch myself around as many of the hostages as I can, for today, I'm bullet-proof, so assuming they have nothing bigger, that should protect them well enough apart from that, I can make ice and swim real fast, so nothing too useful, also, hey, I'm Roulette, nice to meet ya"

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-13, 06:45 PM
"Well there you go then! If you two can get Roulette into position before they notice, he can keep the hostages safe, and from there it's basically just a matter of how fast they throw their weapons down in abject surrender!" Avalon suggested with his usual complete confidence.

Necroticplague
2013-03-13, 07:11 PM
"Yeah, seems like a solid plan. Get in, have Roulette protect them while we get them out. You wouldn't happen to be one of those 'porters who can drag people with them, would you?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-13, 09:28 PM
"I can analyze anything I sense. And I have my brain box, which taps me into knowledge no one mind can contain. Other than that . . . I got a sort of ray gun."

Brox
2013-03-13, 10:48 PM
"Yeah, seems like a solid plan. Get in, have Roulette protect them while we get them out. You wouldn't happen to be one of those 'porters who can drag people with them, would you?"

I haven't tested the outside limit of my capacity, but I am confident two or three plus myself shouldn't be an issue

(Waiting on a reply regarding my use of ESP)

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-14, 01:04 AM
A loud roar streaks across the sky as Titan flies past. A police radio tranciever buzzes to life.
"Did anyone order a round of coffee."
Titan drops to the ground quickly. However slows down an instant before hitting the ground. The blue and black chrome of his suit glinted in the sunlight. In his hands were some metallic looking canteens. There was enough for most of the police officers and superheroes in the vicinity. Titan left the canteens somewhere safe and approached the leader.
"Good day officer. I brought some moral support for the boys. I could do a pizza run if you want. I was hoping for a little more action though."
Hostage situations were always tricky.

Necroticplague
2013-03-14, 06:24 AM
"O.k, so now that we got things sorted out there, let's start things up.Grab him and start your process. My travel isn't instant, so I'll start moving now." And then, swimming through the earth like a fish, he heads forth attempting to go by memory of what he saw from the shadow-view that guy just did, though his extra new sense will be of some help. Once found, he emerges, cloaked to the normal senses to check out the situation more closely, how many hostages compared the guards will he have to deal with anyway?

HopeHubris
2013-03-14, 08:12 AM
"Well, I'm ready and waiting for a 'porting" Roulette chuckles to himself while stretching his fingers out to a foot each, then tying and untying them in and out of knots, "Sounds like fun, never been a porta-passenger before"

Dienekes
2013-03-14, 08:17 AM
"Well met," Ulryn says to Titan as he flies in. "We were about to attack the captives on two fronts, directly and teleporting in to protect the unarmed." He turns to Behulda. "Though I do not doubt your ability at stealth, I am curious how you are planning on moving past the darkness that, the officer claims, makes all who enter it disappear."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-14, 08:50 AM
A loud roar streaks across the sky as Titan flies past. A police radio tranciever buzzes to life.
"Did anyone order a round of coffee."
Titan drops to the ground quickly. However slows down an instant before hitting the ground. The blue and black chrome of his suit glinted in the sunlight. In his hands were some metallic looking canteens. There was enough for most of the police officers and superheroes in the vicinity. Titan left the canteens somewhere safe and approached the leader.
"Good day officer. I brought some moral support for the boys. I could do a pizza run if you want. I was hoping for a little more action though."
Hostage situations were always tricky.

"Ah, just how I like it. I'd almost swear you read up on my bio."

Dr. Royce grabs on of the coffees and sips it, trying to filter through the massive amount of information he's processing from the incident.

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-14, 11:21 AM
"I would make an exceptional scout."
As Titan says this, his entire suit shifts into a sleek design. The thrusters become skates, the blaster erects a blade of energy and the suit becomes smaller and far less bulky. Ken engages the stealth mode as a demonstration. He turned it off once again.
"I also have a form designed to give immediate emergency care. If I got in, I could offer medical care to any injured."
Ken looked at the motley group of heroes.
"I will go anywhere required of me. Just give the orders."
Ken wanted to take a back seat on this one. He wanted to see the other heroes in action mostly. He already knew what his suit was capable of. He wanted to watch other supers.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-14, 02:20 PM
Avalon grinned as Titan arrived. Full points for the entrance. He didn't take any coffee though; he was pretty much full of energy as a matter of course, and if they were being all strategic and patient and stuff, drinking coffee would be ill-advised.

Then he turned to Ulryn, "Some of the captives are officers. I'm thinking, the disappearance is probably from being overwhelmed and captured once they went in, rather than some power of the field."

When Titan mentioned his medical suit, Avalon laughed. "Oh man...I'm just imagining, we blaze of glory our way in there, I Corona up to draw fire, I'm regenerating, we're both dropping heals, while the rest of the team attacks basically unopposed? Yes. I need to do teamups more often..."

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-14, 04:17 PM
The Good doctor's electronic sensors check out everything they can about the bubble of blackness, it's light source, sense type etc, and all come up blank besides the enhanced vision allowing you to see through. as far as you can electronically tell, it's just very, very dark, though somehow resistant to the sun. Through the knowledge fed to you by the brain box however, you can distinguish that the bubble is magiacl in nature, and that any half-way competant mage should have been able to conjur up such a bubble. a full list of known people would take several hours to read out, though only two alpha level metas are recorded, the missing Mistyque, and the currently incarcarated Dayblight.

Void's ESP works to allow everyone to get a look inside. You can see the guards moving around from your view, though oddly the only sound you can hear is the breathing of the men and the hostages. there seems to be no communication between the attackers. when you try and cast your vision into the vault, however, all you see is a searing white light.

Once inside, Proteus is able to get a better view of the situation. there looks to be eight hostages, each one with a guard stood over them. besides these guards there are around another 12 attackers. each of them is holding some form of rifle, though it looks much more sci-fi than what you could buy at a store. besides the fancy equipment, they all look perfectly human. One of the doors of the bank is covered by some weird purple distortion that hurts your eyes to look upon.

Brox
2013-03-14, 05:23 PM
Interesting...the thugs do not seem to be talking at all. Well, as they say, daylight is burning (literally). As planned, I'll take Sir...Ulryn, is it(?) and ...errr...Roulette. We need enough shadow to fit us all in at the start. Please get in the squad, and join hands with me. Once we are inside, Avalon, you unleash whatever you have to wipe out out the dark and focus the thugs to your left, we'll focus to our subjective left and be mindful of the hostages. If at all possible, use non-lethal measures, but if push comes to shove make sure you take the target down first

I'll enter the squad car, and hold out both hands so we can go together, then Transmit (move action) to the far end of the bank in front of the vault facing towards the front doors. My goggles are in place to compensate for the loss of darkness (they are Flash Goggles). Once we lose the dark I'll pick a target furthest left and hit him with a Blast 10 (non-lethal, knockback 1)

[roll0]
(Save DC 25)

(Not sure how long I was in the light, please adjust as necessary per weakness)

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-14, 10:40 PM
The blast of darkness hits one of the attackers, who crumples like used laundry

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-14, 10:41 PM
"I will try to the stealthy route and get into a position where I can offer medical assistance. Should the hostages need it. Could I possibly be teleported into the main building."
Ken looked around for someone to claim him. He remained in his Shadow Form. He would need the cloaking device. Once he got in he would either make use of the Crystex blade or switch to Phoenix form and use the Medi-Energy to heal the hostages.

HopeHubris
2013-03-15, 03:06 AM
Roulette follows the shadowy fellow into the care and emerges with him into the bank, immediately stretching around any hostages he can 'hear' and attempting to trap as many of the criminals as he can in a frozen cell of ice.

Move Action: 500ft of stretching (Or double move (And ignore the ice) if there are more than 500ft of hostages)
Standard Action: Create Ice around as many of them as I can, I think I can create 5ft of cube per rank, so enough ice to trap 9 people and they get a reflex save (DC 19) to dodge

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-15, 04:18 AM
I'm...not entirely sure if we're tracking init yet, or getting surprise, or what, but I figure better to post and shuffle when it happens than delay matters.

"Guess that means move," Avalon said, flying at speed for the bank, passing through the field of darkness without concern. He'd fly right into the midst of the assemble enemy forces, before halting and rising up about halfway to the ceiling.

Light blazed around him, a corona of glorious power rushing out. To his allies, the light was bright and warm, illuminating the area and shining upon them like the sun. To his foes, though, Phoenix Knight stood in the center of that brilliant light like some celestial avatar, a being of glorious power and overwhelming radiance, shining too brightly to look at directly, but radiating such glory that they could not look away.

Then he dropped to the ground, wings tucked in around him in preparation for defense.

If currently tracking rounds, that'll be a move action to fly in (speed of 50 MPH). If need be, I'll use Extra Effort to ensure I get into the midst of the enemies with a single move.

Standard action to use Corona of Glory, all sighted opponents within 250' must roll a Will save (DC 20). Those who fail are blinded. If the check fails to beat a DC of [roll0], they are also compelled to focus any offensive actions on me rather than other targets for as long as I maintain the power. A successful Reflex save (DC 20) reduces the DCs for the Will saves by 5.

At GM discretion, separate saves can be rolled against each effect, this just seems like the easiest way to resolve it.

Additionally, the corona sheds true daylight out to about a mile for as long as I maintain the power ((sorry Wraith!)). I...assume this will function as a Counter to the darkness effect. If so, my Power Rank check for that is: [roll1].

Finally, I use a free action to change my Phoenix Wings array to full Wings of Protection.

In other news, I'm going to need to find a way to add some sort of offensive option to this power so I can actually fight while using it, but I suppose spamming area blinds or total defending while drawing attacks will work for now!

Also, huh, 2e Interpose doesn't work the way it does in 3e, may as well remove the Interpose option from the Limit on his Phoenix Wings, since it doesn't work that way...

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-15, 04:37 AM
Titan shrugged and engaged the stealth mode. He then shot quickly into darkness. He would try to make it to the hostages and maybe help take down a few enemies along the way.

Titan will charge in and use his Crystex blade to stealth take down the nearest enemy, using the flat of the blade for non lethal damage. If he can't reach anyone he will travel further in.

[roll0] Penetrating Toughness Save DC 20

Necroticplague
2013-03-15, 02:55 PM
Seeing his allies suddenly appearing, Proteus drops his changed form for something a fair bit more combat-worthy. After all, while protecting others, being unseen and unheard is actually pretty counterproductive. A funny thought to have when your arm is turning into a bunch of tentacles to lash out with like demented spear-whip. Similar logic, shouldn't try dodging either, extra fire might kill those nearby. Looks like I'll just have to absorb this like sponge.

Mutation:
Undo all previous
Decrease STR and DEX to 10, CON to 8(+17)
Increase Regeneration by 1, bringing bonus to recovery checks to +10(-1)
Razor Tentacle Arm 10(-23)
With a slight drip of viscera, you arm does some splits and painful twists, turning into a bladed instrument useful for striking at those who would be foolish enough to think that distance would stop you.
Damage:
Mods:Ranged
Feats:+3 Improved Range (Increment of 100 per rank)
Costs 2 per rank(each of which increases damage save DC by one and range by 100 feet), +3 for the power feats
Infravision(Penetrates Concealment)(-5)

Attacking with Razor Tentacle:
[roll0],Toughness save DC 20

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-15, 04:39 PM
Dr. Royce swoops in through the front doors, firing his ray gun (on "nausea" setting) at the closest non-engaged guard.

Attack: [roll0] dc is 17

Re'ozul
2013-03-15, 06:08 PM
Frank had thought no one was going to arrive. He had been cursing himself for going to the bank in his civilian attire. One day, the first day he goes to the bank in something like six months and this happens.
Luckily the incoming heroes seem to have everything under control for now. He had wanted to do something himself, but had not been sure wether he could protect the hostages from retaliation.

Hoping that he hostages will keep calm, he grasps into his meager power reserve and manifests the ability to obscure things. A form of forcefield around the hostages might be better, but he had yet to find a way to make something like that.

With a flex of his power, he and the hostages disappear from everyone's senses.

Use 16 points of his 20 points reserve to manifest Obscure power rank 4 (all senses). Only he and the hostages are affected. They gain total concealment.

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-15, 07:24 PM
Chunks of begin to form around the surprised thugs, trapping five of them, even as Quellion burst into the building, shining like the avatar he is with a brilliant light that leaves just under half of the remaining thugs unblinded. the pulse of light can be seen breifly from outside, before the buble of darkness reformed.

Titan slips by unnoticed, save for the one thug he tried to engage, who almost mechanicaly sidesteps his blade,though Royce and Proteous' efforts fare better, each bringing down another thug.

the hostages, one seeming much more confidant than hostages should, all seem to vanish from sight in an instant.

@ Royce and titan
as a number of the foes are incipaciatated, the two of you notice your sensory equipment picking up a large number of radio waves being transmitted.

just need to wait for Dienekes to make his move

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-17, 12:02 PM
OK, Dienekes had four days now, so I'm skipping his move this round.

The radio waves that the tech specialists had been detected burst into furious activity, from just a buzz to one phrase repeating ever over and over; metahuman detected. Just then, a brilliant burst of light erupted from the bank vault, three silhouettes fading into existence.

Everyone take a reflex save (dc 18) or be blinded for one round.

The light vanished as swiftly as it had appeared, and you soon get your first view of the trio. The first of the new arivals is a towering statue of a man, the crown of his head just short of the top of the vault door. Dressed in what looks to be spartan armour, his exposed skin reflects the light around him like it was made of bronze. Two molten yellow eyes look out contemptuously from his sculpted face as he charges at Quellion, roaring like a great beast, before delivering a bone-shattering punch to the Pheonix Knight's chest.

Quellion has a DC 21 toughness save to pass

The second figure is the second to react after her companion. This one a woman, dressed in an asymmetrical purple and white unitard that left her right arm and leg uncovered, with purple cowl covering her short-cropped blonde hair, and a domino mask over glowing purple eyes.
"Well, Sampson, it seems you where right. This little stunt did attract more than just the police. Lets hope this group are worth more than the last" she said as she raised one gloved hand towards Roulette, her porcelain white skin covered with a glowing spiderweb tattoo. Suddenly, a number of ethereal purple chains formed in the air around roulette, flowing towards the stretched out hero.
"And if not, well, our employer is always looking for more test subjects"

DC 20 reflex save on roulette or be snared

The last of the newcomers - a young man somewhere in his early twenties dressed in like a bartender, save for a full face opera mask, top hat and cloak - does not seem to share his allies enthusiasm as he raises a silver pocket watch to his face, flipping it open. As he does so, you all feel a wave of drowsiness wash over you
"I must thank you for your quick arrival heroes. Your sacrifice here has ensured fewer blanks need to be sacrificed for our cause."

Everyone in the bank right now needs to pass a DC 16 will save or fall asleep

Reacting to the arrival of their leaders, the folks who has previously been holding up the bank mechanically raised their weapons to aim at Quellion, none of them having the strength of will to resist his powers. Combining their fire, the phoenix knight finds himself bombarded by lazer blasts

dc 17 toughness test please Quellion

your up again

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-17, 12:28 PM
Reflex -
Will - [roll1]

Titan looked away just in time. He wasn't blinded. Strangely enough he felt a compulsion to sleep. He shook this off as well. He remained in stealth and darted forward, striking at the female stranger. This act of surprise was hopefully enough to catch her off balance.

[roll]1d20+8 If successful a DC 20 penetrating strike.

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-17, 12:43 PM
[roll0] sorry about the last post.

Necroticplague
2013-03-17, 12:58 PM
Ref:[roll0]
Will:[roll1]
Proteus reacts to the light fast enough to shut his eyes and protect him in time,not that it would have mattered, since his heat-sensing organs would have made acceptable substitutes. More relevant is his surprise against a mental assault, which he had no idea would come. He is caught off guard, and begins to slowly sag under his own weight as he loses consciousness, falling on his face with a dull 'thud.' No longer with a consciousness to keep his body in a stable form, he seems to disintegrate into a puddle of flesh and blood.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-17, 01:50 PM
Avalon took a brutal hit from the punch, feeling a rib crack, before the lasers blasted several holes through him, at least two of which were mortal injuries.

And every last wound instantly healed.

The blinding light was more of a concern; he didn't get his wings up in time, and his eyes were rather sensitive. He started blinking rapidly, trying to clear the pervasive spots from his vision.

Unable to risk using his potent area attacks when he couldn't see to properly direct the energies away from allied targets, he went for the guy who had attacked him. He couldn't see him, but he knew he was right in front of him, so he summoned forth a pair of fiery swords and lashed out in a blurring assault.

He was hardly going to let a little thing like blindness get him down. "Oh no!" he said with a mockingly fake-scared voice, like talking to a young child on Halloween. "Did we walk right into your widdle trap?"

Free action - Change Fire and Light Array to Phoenian Might. Blinded targets remain so until they succeed the necessary Fortitude save, but Light Control ends and targets are freed of the Mind Control.

Standard Action - Attack the guy in front of me at [roll0], missing automatically if I roll 11 or higher on [roll1]. On a hit, the Toughness DC is 25. This attack is Penetrating and possesses Multiattack (which should be Autofire), getting +1 to the DC per two points the attack check succeeds by, maximum +5.

At the end of my turn, I believe I get a Fortitude save to throw off the blindness. If so: [roll2] (DC 18?).

Brox
2013-03-17, 04:27 PM
Good thing lowered my goggles!

[roll0]

Will save
[roll1]

Barely made it!

On my initiative I'll throw a Fatigue 6 effect at "TopHat".

DARKNESS!! Sap his will act!

Alternate Save: Will DC16, Inc Range (Ranged); Accurate x2 (+4 to atk rolls)

Wraith will move to take cover behind the customer desk (the one with all the deposit/withdrawal/transfer slips)

Brox
2013-03-17, 04:39 PM
duh, here's the roll too:

Fatigue 6
DC 16 Will save
[roll0]

Stupid dice have betrayed me

Roulette, please wrap up as many thugs as you can!

Avalon, hit Sampson with everything you have, don't hold back

Ulryn, you're on "Domino Mask"

Tell me if I'm talking too much please

HopeHubris
2013-03-17, 07:42 PM
"Oh, I'd love to help, but I'm a little tied up over here, heh" Roulette calls out, trying to stretch his way out of his bonds

Escape Artist to get out of snare
[roll0]
Elongation should really give a bigger bonus to escaping :smalltongue:

Re'ozul
2013-03-18, 04:07 AM
'Argh, shouldn't have looked, shouldn't have looked' Frank thinks as he is robbed of his eyesight. Without it, he has no idea what is going on. There is too much noise and neither his Radio nor his energy sense is very helpful right now.
All he can do is try and keep the hostages somewhat save. Draining the last of his reserves, he calls out to their minds one after the other.

*You are invisible. Quietly move behind the counters.*

The Obscure power should have drained 17 points (one extra for selective feat)
Using the last three points to aquire communication 3 (mental) and directing the above message at each of the hostages.
Free action to sustain the obscure effect.
Frank himself stays sitting on the floor.

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-19, 12:58 AM
Titan's punch knocked the female super villain of balance, sending her spiraling backwards with an obvious bruise forming on her face

"domino mask" is bruised

The puddle of goop that is proteous naturally tries to stir and shake off the sleep curse. each round from now on your still asleep is another will save at dc -2 to awaken :smallsmile:

Avalon's onslaught misses its mark, his eye sight rendered useless by the blinding flash. However, he soon shook of the effects of the flash, regaining his sight (no longer blinded)

Wraith attempts to drain the will of the man in the top hat, but due to the residual effects of both the blinding flash and the wave of weariness, the blast of darkness misses its mark.

Roulette struggles against his bonds to no avail.

it already gives half a power point worth of skills on top of the powers own effect :smalltongue: no need to get greedy. also, just because you get longer doesn't necessarily mean you get thinner

The hostages respond to frank's orders, quietly making their way to saftey.

frank gets another save to try and shake off the blindness now, with a +1 to the save due to it not being the initial round

Dienekes
2013-03-20, 11:57 AM
"Augh," Ulryn snarls as he is teleported within the building. He despised this form of travel, there was something off-putting about having all your surroundings change instantaneously that unsettled his stomach.

No time to complain, "Stay low!" he shouted to the civilians, but as he said it they all disappeared. "Some trick? What have you done to them?" he said as he advanced upon one of the robbers, his sword pointed at the mans face. He was about to lunge forward when he was interrupted by three new faces; one of them a king. They had walked right into an ambush. He blinked away the flash of light and started to move toward the new, bigger threats. When suddenly he felt tired, he shook his head to clear it. But then he yawned. No, no, no! His mind raged against this new spell. Had he not been trained against such trickery? Oh if Sir Artens saw him now would be ashamed.

He fell to his knees as his eyes started to close. "Ulryn, you're on Domino Mask" he heard. He was needed, he had too... damn.

Finally he slunk unconscious to the floor.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-20, 04:34 PM
And just like that, the doctor is struck blind.

"No problem, I can sim . . . ply . . . hear"

and he falls forward, fast asleep.

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-22, 04:14 PM
right, sorry this took a while. uni stuff came up

The prisoners, obscured from sight, all take advantage of the fight to sneak out of the bank to safety. You all gain a hero point for rescuing the civilians with no casualties.

Samson smirked as Avalon taunted him; a cold, cruel in his golden eyes. "Yes, wings for brains, you did. Not sure why we bothered to set one, however, since you obviously can't even swing those toys swords of yours." before you you notice your foe growing taller still, to the extent that he barely fits in the bank any longer, his hair lengthening as he does so. As he grows, his skin becomes much more metallic, reflecting the light of Avalon's flaming swords. The super villain then throws another punch at his foe, this one packed with much more force than before.

Samson is now Large sized.

Avalon needs to pass a toughness save, dc 27.

The woman in the domino mask staggers backwards away from Titan, taking a moment to regain her balance. When she does, she turns looks around her for where where the attack came , hatred obvious from her expression as her eyes are filled with a deep purple glow.
"Some fight in this group. good, I'd hate this job to be as dull as the last" she snarled, giving up searching for titan and instead focusing on wraith
the woman points her gloved hand at wraith, surrounding him in a field of dark energy. The hero feels the very air around him become much heavier, causing him to crash to the ground, as even the air feels like its crushing him "You'll do. Scream for me."

wraith is hit by a dc 20 toughness save.
In addition, he is under the effect of increased gravity. So long as "domino mask" keeps focusing on him and he stays within 100 feet, he must pass a DC 20 strength test each round to make either a move or standard action, and his normal move is reduced to 5ft.

The man in the top hat turns to look at the fight between turns one impeccably tailored sleeve towards Protos, a magician's wand appearing in his hand as the goop is gathered up into an invisible box. "Try to keep our objective at the forefront of your mind, Iris, if you could, rather than indulging your savage side. I would rather be done with this unpleasant buisness as soon as I may."

Protos is now snared and bound. The effect of the box forming around him, however, has woken him up - dispelling the sleep. (DC 20 to break free). The box is transparent, and thus offers no cover/cannot be broken by other people

The remaining gunmen focus their fire on the concious members of the team that they can see. Due to most of them still being blinded, however, very few shots find their mark.
dc 18 save on void
2 dc 18 saves on Avalon (no combined attack this turn)
dc 18 save on Proteus

As the dust settles from the supervillains actions, the heroes begin to sake of the effects of their initial onslaught.

everyone who is asleep gains another save at +2 to the save.
everyone who is blinded gets a dc 19 fort save to shake it off

you lot are up :)

Re'ozul
2013-03-22, 04:59 PM
Still invisible, Frank curses his weak base body. The transforming one seems to be the only one that he could absorb something from. Howevere, in his current state, that might as well lead to death right there.
Focusing on the gunmen, he sighs internally, already hating what he'll have to do. He moves over to one of the gunmen and kicks him in the shin, and punching him in the chest, hoping that by reflex that one will shoot him.

'And the doctor asks why I seem to have selfdestructive tendencies.'

Considering they are blind, I am invisible and am not actually trying to inflict damage, do I still need to roll?

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-22, 05:19 PM
Still invisible, Frank curses his weak base body. The transforming one seems to be the only one that he could absorb something from. Howevere, in his current state, that might as well lead to death right there.
Focusing on the gunmen, he sighs internally, already hating what he'll have to do. He moves over to one of the gunmen and kicks him in the shin, and punching him in the chest, hoping that by reflex that one will shoot him.

'And the doctor asks why I seem to have selfdestructive tendencies.'

Considering they are blind, I am invisible and am not actually trying to inflict damage, do I still need to roll?

nope. since it'll never miss

Brox
2013-03-22, 06:32 PM
Who is Void? If you mean me, then the name is Wraith.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-22, 06:44 PM
Avalon's vision cleared just in time for his opponent to grow to massive size in front of him. "Oh there you a-" he began flippantly.

WHOMP. Fist to the face. "...ow? That's supposed to be worth an ow, right? I get so confused. Listen, buddy, no offense. I'm sure you're considered a big threat among your little circle of friends. I, however, am a superhero, and I have grown-up matters to attend to." He didn't even pay attention to the two bullets that caught him, both wounds healing instantly.

That said, Phoenix Knight blazed with brilliant white flames that rushed out from him, filling the bank. The Fires of Cleansing weren't particularly strong in comparison to some of his attacks, but they were imbued with the purifying power of the sun. Allies they touched would feel a gentle warmth as the flames purged them of harmful powers, while enemies would not only be burned, but would have their supernatural abilities momentarily disrupted if they failed to resist.

Free Action: Change Fire and Light Array from Phoenian Might to Purging Blast.
Full Round Action: Activate Purging Blast at 50' radius, prioritizing catching as many allies who appear to be under detrimental effects as possible, then super-powered enemies, then mooks.

All enemies in the area have a DC 20 Toughness save, reduced to DC 17 if they make a DC 15 Reflex save.

Enemies in the area with active powers must make a Power Rank check or Will save, DC [roll0], or the power is nullified until they reactivate it.

Allies in the area currently under the effects of harmful powers or Lasting effects have those removed unless the user makes a Power Rank check at the above DC. Not sure if that will give them turns this round or not if the power would otherwise prevent them, but here's hoping.

Here's also hoping I can roll better in the IC thread than the OOC thread...

EDIT: ...Go Team!

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-22, 08:10 PM
Titan wanted to press the advantage and keep Domino Mask guessing. Titan darted forward. He positioned himself behind her and delivered a sharp blow with his Crystex blade.
"I love my Shadow form." Ken thought.

Attack [roll0], Toughness Save (Penetrating) 20

HopeHubris
2013-03-22, 08:46 PM
Roulette continues to try and wriggle free

Not bloody likely, but what can you do
[roll0]
Edit: Likely enough? :smalltongue:

Brox
2013-03-22, 08:50 PM
Wraith gets shot, the projectile impact spinning him around

(currently injured, bruised and stunned)

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-22, 10:23 PM
Avalon swells with the unlimited power of the sun, releasing the briliant white light of purity...

...one of the terrorists slowly drops his gun, looking around himself lost and confused, before screaming when he sees the super-hero fight and cowering behind a corner.

everyone who was still blinded finds their sight restored by the bright light... go logic! :smalltongue:

as the flames follow, five more of the terrorists drop, leaving 6 foes standing.
The man in the top hat notices a flame forming on his shirt sleeve, but a swift wind blows it out before it can do more than singe (bruised).
Iris, the woman with the gravity powers notices the wave of fire and positions herself to avoid the worst of it, leaving her a little singed but mostly unaffected.
Samson, standing so near the source of the blaze, takes the full brunt of the cleansing fire. His metalic skin visibly heats until it glows furnace hot. (bruised) Samson just smirks at you.

Roulette managed to wriggle his way out of the chains surrounding him, leaving him free to act once more.

The woman called Iris screams in pain as Titans blade strikes her once more. The bubble of darkness she had formed around Wraith vanishing as her concentration is broken and she falls down, stunned and bruised further.

Necroticplague
2013-03-22, 11:33 PM
Having been awoken twice, both from the incoming fire and from suddenly being moved, Proteus re-form back into his previous shape, flesh already knitting and binding to seal the wound. "Observant one here, most tend to assume death when one is suddenly a red pool on the ground." and now, directed to the less-levelheaded of the two distance fighters "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."Receiving some inspiration by watching what there iron-hided friend there, Proteus responds to this new impermeable snare by dissolving back, reforming as what appears to be some flesh-and-blood plant (think Audrey II in tan and red), rapidly absorbing gases from the air to expand his own body, trying to shatter it with his growth. While he won't be able to move from his spot, that's what long tendrils are for:all the better to grab them with.
Mutation:
Undo Previous
Decrease Dex to 1(-14)
Growth Linked Elongation(free) 6 ranks (30)
Take Improved Pin as a power feat of this(1)
Decrease Con to 8(-13)
Increase Attack Bonus by 1 to offset size penalties (2)
Increase Regeneration by 1 rank, giving +10 bonus to recovery checks(1)
Increase Strength by 5 (in addition to bonus from growth)(5)
STR roll to try and shatter the snare:1d20+11

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-23, 06:55 AM
Proteus's reformation smashes open the box that surrounded him,leaving him free to act

Necroticplague
2013-03-23, 07:33 AM
Freed from his prison and finally able to actually at since these three arrived, proteus is quick to take the offensive. He lashes a tendril at the vexing man in the hat, attempting to grab at him. After all, surely his casting will be harder to do if he can't move, right? Well, given how nuts things are in this town it doesn't have to be magic. But if it dresses like someone at a victorian opera, uses a wand, and has several seemingly unrelated powers that work at a distance, it probably is a caster. Or a mutant with control over some annoyingly vague portfolio,like "force" or "energy".
Attack roll:[roll0]
Grapple Check(trying to pin): [roll1]

Dienekes
2013-03-24, 12:04 PM
Sir Ulryn's eyes flicker open, as he groaned awake. "Damn, bloody magic," he looked up and tried to take stock of the situation. With a low grunt he rose to his feet and set his weapons. "Vile, gutless bandits, who prey upon the unarmed. You will lay down your arms or feel my blade, which has slain monster and mage before you."

Move action to stand up. Standard action to use Mass Intimidate targeting 3 of the remaining mooks. -4 penalty to the Intimidation check.
[roll0]

Damn if I knew I was going to get that roll I would have targeted the big threats

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-26, 03:06 PM
The man in the top hat struggled against Proteus' tendrils to no avail, Proteus' guess that sealing his arms would prevent his spellcasting looking to be correct. "Excuse me, sir, I expect this to fall on death ears, but may I trouble you to please release me?"

Sir Ulryn's threatening posture, and more importantly his blade, cowed the surrounding minions into missing many of their shots.

Iris pulled herself up from the ground, coughing heavily.

Samson, the only one of the supervillains still standing, saw Iris fall. With a vicious snarl, the golden-skinned giant smashed his fist into the ground below, causing the earth to shake. "Get away from her"

everyone stood on the ground must make a roll to resist a trip at dc 19. everyone can also attempt a reflex save (dc20) halves the trip resist needed.

also, everyone's awake now

of the remaining goons four of them drop to the floor. the other three, due to a combination of unstable footing, closeness of foes and fear generated by sir Ulryn, all end up placing bullets into the ceiling

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-26, 03:39 PM
Avalon executed a stylish leaping flip as Samson's foot crashed down, avoiding the shockwave. Taking advantage of his wings for extra height, he came down hard with twin blades of flame bursting from his hands, a devastating chop for Samson's head. The move was showy in the extreme, a trained fighter would have scoffed at how clearly it was telegraphed, at the obvious openings it left in his defenses.

Of course, none of that would likely matter if it succeeded to hit.

Free Action: Change Fire and Light Array to Phoenian Might.
Standard Action: Attack with All Out Attack for 5, Power Attack for 5. [roll0]. On a hit, damage is DC 30, +1 per two points attack succeeds by to max of DC 35. This attack is Penetrating.

EDIT: AND A CRIT! :smallbiggrin::smallcool::smallbiggrin: Wait, are the confirmation rolls in 2e?::Checks::Nope, just needs to be high enough to hit normally. Nice.

Dienekes
2013-03-26, 06:18 PM
Ulryn growled as the shockwave nearly knocked him to the ground. Howling he charged at the giant, sword raised over his head in a devastating blow.

Charge, Power Attack, All-out attack: [roll0]
I crit on anything above an 11.
Damage: 30 +5 if crit.
This attack has penetrating 6.

If I crit I can use the follow-up strike feat to get a free attack at the same modifier against the same opponent.
[roll1]

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-26, 08:58 PM
Titan leaped into the air avoiding the shockwave. He landed gracefully and looked around to see if anyone noticed.
"Oh right, still invisible." thought Ken.
Ken needed some muscle if he was going to take on Samson.

Reflex Save - [roll0]
Trip Save - [roll1]
As a full round action, Ken takes his Titan form.

Necroticplague
2013-03-26, 09:24 PM
Given his current forms lack of mobility, Proteus's giant structure is knocked to the ground, though it offers little reprieve to his victim who is already within his grasp as he begins to tighten his tendrils to crush him. "Trust me, I hear you loud and clear.Which clearly means I'm not holding you tight enough."
Grapple check to inflict damage (if this beats his grapple check, he takes an 11 damage attack [DC26 toughness save]):[roll0]

Brox
2013-03-27, 01:15 AM
Still reeling from getting shot, the shockwave throws Wraith to the floor. It seems the tile flooring jarred him back to his senses, as he executes a flawless kip-up.

Squinting against the glare, Wraith again attempts to draw vitality, this time on Samson. Tendrils of wispy dark energy drift to Samson, seeping insidiously under his skin...

HopeHubris
2013-03-27, 05:41 AM
The shockwave knocking him of his feet, Roulette decides against trying to stand, simply stretching his torso until it was at it's usual height.

"I didn't mean to give you the cold shoulder, but I was a little tied up!" Roulette says, blasting the woman with shards of ice

Oh, damn, I think I already used that last one, lets hope she didn't notice

Attack Roll [roll0] DC 24 toughness

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-29, 01:04 AM
The man in the top hat struggled against Proteus' tendrils to no avail, Proteus' guess that sealing his arms would prevent his spellcasting looking to be correct. "Excuse me, sir, I expect this to fall on death ears, but may I trouble you to please release me?"

Sir Ulryn's threatening posture, and more importantly his blade, cowed the surrounding minions into missing many of their shots.

Iris pulled herself up from the ground, coughing heavily.

Samson, the only one of the supervillains still standing, saw Iris fall. With a vicious snarl, the golden-skinned giant smashed his fist into the ground below, causing the earth to shake. "Get away from her"

everyone stood on the ground must make a roll to resist a trip at dc 19. everyone can also attempt a reflex save (dc20) halves the trip resist needed.

also, everyone's awake now

of the remaining goons four of them drop to the floor. the other three, due to a combination of unstable footing, closeness of foes and fear generated by sir Ulryn, all end up placing bullets into the ceiling

Rolling to his stomach, Dr. Royce pinpoints Samson with hearing and fires his raygun, attempting to scramble the giant's inner ear enough to throw him off-balance. His brain box chatters in the back of his mind, but it's simply running file comparisons on sounds he's hearing.

Attack roll: [roll0] Fort save DC 17

Re'ozul
2013-03-29, 06:05 AM
Cursing his lack of a mask once more, Frank grabs one of the dropped guns and points it at himself.

'Yep, definitely suicidal tendencies. The Shrink should get a raise.'

Preparing himself to absorb the kinetic energy, he sets the gun on automatic and squeezes the trigger.

That should work ... I think.

BlackestOfMages
2013-03-29, 08:42 PM
The combined, almost over the top, onslaught against Samson brings the giant to his knees, and he has time to gasp out one last warning before falling unconscious. as well as fatigued and nausiated. poor chap.

"Iris... get out of here. please"

Frank's blasting himself in the face with the rifle triggers his powers, netting him 8 points to his power pool.

Proteus' crushing tentacles cause the captured man to scream out in pain, though his suit remains unrumpled, as a minor compensation.

Iris, almost forgotten, smirks as she sidesteps the shards of ice. "You used that one already, looser. Well, this girl knows when to fight, and when to cut and run." The girl steps backwards, into her own shadow, as she vanishes from the scene.

@ Wraith:
The girls powers, as she vanished, look very, very similar to your own

---

anyone want to bother dealing with the minions/catptured, pretty much useless last hero (who cannot escape) or just skip till afterwards?

Dienekes
2013-03-29, 09:18 PM
Ulryn couldn't help but smile when the giant metal man came down. Walking over to Proteus and the man in the top hat, Ulryn placed his sword beneath the man's chin. "The fight is now over, warlock. Understand that if my companion let's you go and I see your hands even twitch, I will extend my sword arm. I warn you, this blade is unbelievably sharp. THE REST OF YOU," he howled to the remaining minions. "I asked once before for you to put down your weapons, I will not ask so nicely again."

Move action to get to Proteus, standard action to intimidate the minions.
[roll0]-2 penalty for each minion after the first

Brox
2013-03-29, 09:32 PM
YOUR MASTERS HAVE LEFT YOU. SURRENDER NOW!

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-29, 09:57 PM
Ulryn couldn't help but smile when the giant metal man came down. Walking over to Proteus and the man in the top hat, Ulryn placed his sword beneath the man's chin. "The fight is now over, warlock. Understand that if my companion let's you go and I see your hands even twitch, I will extend my sword arm. I warn you, this blade is unbelievably sharp. THE REST OF YOU," he howled to the remaining minions. "I asked once before for you to put down your weapons, I will not ask so nicely again."

YOUR MASTERS HAVE LEFT YOU. SURRENDER NOW!

"Calm down guys. There's nothing they can do, it's over. They're surrounded, even if they escape, they'll just be gunned down or captured."
Ken knelt over and offered a helpful hand to one of the minions. They didn't have any leverage,their morale was broken and their metahuman allies have abandoned them.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-29, 09:58 PM
Avalon gave a slender smirk as Samson went down under the brutal combined assault. "Go team," he murmured, before looking about. His allies seemed to have the rest of the enemy force well in hand.

Still, there were matters to attend. The constant soft glow around his skin brightened some as he moved towards the vault, a cursory scan to see if there were any clues about the teleporter who had taken the money. He figured it was that Iris woman, since she had just teleported away again, but couldn't hurt to check just in case.

Free Action: Change Fire and Light Array to Phoenian Glory.
Move Action: Walk over to the vault.
Standard -> Move Action: Notice check at [roll0].
EDIT: Actually, I think that's a 23 total, my sheet is saying +18, but it looks like it should be +14. Going to run through the numbers and see where I made the mistake. Nope, the +18 is correct, looking at my PP expenditures it's the four ranks that is wrong.

HopeHubris
2013-03-30, 12:02 AM
"I don't know who that woman is, but she's my new arch-nemesis"

Brox
2013-03-30, 04:11 PM
Well done indeed. In answer to your unspoken question Avalon..she's not a teleporter per-se, but rather she uses shadows to move from one place to another. Like me. Although I hadn't realized one could use their own shadow as a point of origin. If anyone is a proper investigator, please look around for clues, and let's also get these goons outside and into police custody. We should also speak to the bank manager, see just what it was inside the vault that these miscreants wanted so badly. Besides money that is...Oh. Avalon, please dim the glow, it's burning m...my eyes.

Wraith reaches into one of the pouches on his utility belt and begins to draw out his investigator kit and then starts searching for clues

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-30, 04:30 PM
"I will trade you dimmer lights for knocking before you enter my mind. Sound fair?" Avalon replied. His voice was lighthearted and his grin teasing, but his eyes made clear that, while it wasn't a huge deal, he was serious on at least some level. Regardless, he did keep the light he was radiating to a minimum; it still made him easy to see, as he couldn't suppress it entirely, but it didn't illuminate the area any.

Brox
2013-03-30, 05:16 PM
Sigh...well, ok. I do enjoy sampling the thoughts of others, but you are right. The mind is a terrible thing to taste. *Wink*

As Wraith turns away to continue searching for clues bumping into things and not noticing clues, you see that he too is smiling...

Necroticplague
2013-03-30, 08:00 PM
Resuming back to his more normal form as a hooded figure, Proteus addresses this still-excited knight. "Chill out, we've won. The real threats are currently unconscious at our feet, and those still awake are probably smart enough to realize further provocation would be a bad idea.Now,help me lift up this big one, he looks heavy, and I'm morally obligated to prefer that they be detained by the time they wake up."O.k., if he fused a few small muscles into larger ones, he could probably do it on his own, but no need to show any cards when nobodies life is on the line.

HopeHubris
2013-03-31, 09:49 AM
"Wait, my nemesis has shadow powers as well? Brilliant! Tell me how to beat 'em, they work like yours right?" Roulette asks, oddly intent on figuring out how to beat his new-found foe

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-31, 10:07 AM
"Wait, my nemesis has shadow powers as well? Brilliant! Tell me how to beat 'em, they work like yours right?" Roulette asks, oddly intent on figuring out how to beat his new-found foe

"You could turn invisible and jab her with a Crystex blade. It worked for me, but I'm the best there is!"
Ken struck a clear Otaku pose and laughed almost maniacally. Titan's hubris was clearly light-hearted.
"She was pretty cute though. Are you sure you don't want her for an arch-girlfriend."
Titan elbowed Roulette knowingly, forgetting he was still wearing the suit. It was likely a little uncomfortable.
"Anyway, if you find anything, give me a sample. I'll take it back to the lab for analysis. I think I would get in the way looking for stuff.
Titan tuned into the "police" channel.
"We got most of them and we saved all the hostages. I'll accept that key to the city and maybe a statue or two, if it's not too much trouble. Give us a minute to do a crime scene analysis and it's all yours.

HopeHubris
2013-03-31, 10:45 AM
"I can't turn invisible, but give me a day and who knows" Roulette laughs, "I like you, you're almost as cool as I am, but seriously, hero team-ups are great, I should work with people more often"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-31, 11:18 AM
"You could turn invisible and jab her with a Crystex blade. It worked for me, but I'm the best there is!"
Ken struck a clear Otaku pose and laughed almost maniacally. Titan's hubris was clearly light-hearted.
"She was pretty cute though. Are you sure you don't want her for an arch-girlfriend."
Titan elbowed Roulette knowingly, forgetting he was still wearing the suit. It was likely a little uncomfortable.
"Anyway, if you find anything, give me a sample. I'll take it back to the lab for analysis. I think I would get in the way looking for stuff.
Titan tuned into the "police" channel.
"We got most of them and we saved all the hostages. I'll accept that key to the city and maybe a statue or two, if it's not too much trouble. Give us a minute to do a crime scene analysis and it's all yours.

"Save some evidence for me too. If I can't analyze it, the brain box will cross-reference it, and failing that I've got a crime lab back at the Nerve Center, my base if you will.

Sir_Gabes
2013-03-31, 01:16 PM
"I can't turn invisible, but give me a day and who knows" Roulette laughs, "I like you, you're almost as cool as I am, but seriously, hero team-ups are great, I should work with people more often"

"Stick with me buddy. I might even let you be my sidekick." Titan said jokingly.
Titan began a general search of the area. He hadn't implemented any forensics equipment in his suit yet. Ken made a mental note for future development. Titan liked this group of heroes mostly, particularly Roulette, he had the right attitude. Both Proteus and Wraith struck Ken as being too dark and uptight. Ulryn seemed like the sort of guy who would eviserate you for littering. Avalon on the other hand made him feel safe... He felt confident around Avalon, he couldn't explain why. Ken felt a sense of paranoia around the doctor. He knew with enough time to analyse his Titan suit, the doctor might even replicate the designs. As Titan was searching, he almost bumped into the doctor. Titan jumped like a spider landed on his lap. He tentatively (obviously) tried hiding parts of his armour. Trying his best to stop the doctor from uncovering his secrets.
"Oh, hey. It seems you have this place covered. I'm gonna... Uh... Search over there... Please, keep looking... Not near me though... I can handle my section fine..."

Search - [roll0]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-03-31, 02:04 PM
"Hey so um, did anyone actually get, ya know, hurt in the slightest? That's a big resounding no, right?" Avalon asked with his typical cheery confidence. "I'll be back, gonna do some healing rounds on the police. Let me know if you guys are planning to hunt down Roulette's archnemesis or something similarly entertaining."

That said he headed out of the bank, and began going about providing healing to the injured, encouraging the police on a job well done containing such a threat. He also offered detailed descriptions of just how thoroughly he and his fellow heroes had trounced the enemy force, and casually predicted that the darkness-controller would be located and neutralized quickly.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-31, 02:50 PM
"Stick with me buddy. I might even let you be my sidekick." Titan said jokingly.
Titan began a general search of the area. He hadn't implemented any forensics equipment in his suit yet. Ken made a mental note for future development. Titan liked this group of heroes mostly, particularly Roulette, he had the right attitude. Both Proteus and Wraith struck Ken as being too dark and uptight. Ulryn seemed like the sort of guy who would eviserate you for littering. Avalon on the other hand made him feel safe... He felt confident around Avalon, he couldn't explain why. Ken felt a sense of paranoia around the doctor. He knew with enough time to analyse his Titan suit, the doctor might even replicate the designs. As Titan was searching, he almost bumped into the doctor. Titan jumped like a spider landed on his lap. He tentatively (obviously) tried hiding parts of his armour. Trying his best to stop the doctor from uncovering his secrets.
"Oh, hey. It seems you have this place covered. I'm gonna... Uh... Search over there... Please, keep looking... Not near me though... I can handle my section fine..."

Search - [roll0]

"Alright then Titan."

He turns to the rest of the group

"Do you guys like pizza? If everyone wants to come to the Nerve Center after we've got stuff in order, we could use my database to co-ordinate while I order us some pizza from this place I know."

Do you allow use of Hero Points for "on-hand" inventions? Like using rolling to see if I invented a one-shot device before hand? I'm just thinking some "sweeper drones" would be useful to search the crime scene area as fast as possible

Brox
2013-03-31, 03:16 PM
I never say no to pizza. Deep dish, with sausage for me. This "nerve center"...what is it? Like, your home or something?

Dienekes
2013-03-31, 03:47 PM
Resuming back to his more normal form as a hooded figure, Proteus addresses this still-excited knight. "Chill out, we've won. The real threats are currently unconscious at our feet, and those still awake are probably smart enough to realize further provocation would be a bad idea.Now,help me lift up this big one, he looks heavy, and I'm morally obligated to prefer that they be detained by the time they wake up."O.k., if he fused a few small muscles into larger ones, he could probably do it on his own, but no need to show any cards when nobodies life is on the line.

"I will help, in one moment," turning to the captured mage Ulryn grabbed his hands and forced them together, then took a cloth and wrapped his hands tightly so that they could not move. "A powerful magician can escape in half a breathe and a wiggle of the fingers. It's always best not to take chances around them."

Once satisfied that the man's hands were correctly bound, he turned to help move the golden giant. Only speaking to tell Avalon that he was uninjured. He walked around the giant and tried to lift one of his arms, to test if he was even capable in helping move this thing.

"What's a pizza?"

Brox
2013-03-31, 04:10 PM
"I will help, in one moment," turning to the captured mage Ulryn grabbed his hands and forced them together, then took a cloth and wrapped his hands tightly so that they could not move. "A powerful magician can escape in half a breathe and a wiggle of the fingers. It's always best not to take chances around them."

Once satisfied that the man's hands were correctly bound, he turned to help move the golden giant. Only speaking to tell Avalon that he was uninjured. He walked around the giant and tried to lift one of his arms, to test if he was even capable in helping move this thing.

"What's a pizza?"

Oh you might like it. Bread, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Italian sausage...definitely get the deep dish. Sir...uh...Ulryn, is it? He deserves the full experience.

You all can notice that you cannot make out any facial features on Wraith except his eyes, which show as an unrelieved blue (you can see his nose in profile, and his mouth, but when looking at him straight-on there is only an inky blackness). He also seems to be wearing nothing more than a hakama and a utility belt.

Taking a small squirt bottle and a handkerchief from the investigation kit, I'll spray the three black splotches on the floor and wipe them up with the handkerchief.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-31, 04:25 PM
Oh you might like it. Bread, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Italian sausage...definitely get the deep dish. Sir...uh...Ulryn, is it? He deserves the full experience.

"I agree. Though my friend here fails to explain sufficiently. The reason you are not familiar with it is because of the introduction of the tomato from the Americas between 1493 and 1521, with it being referenced in herbal tomes in 1544. It's a berry of sorts, nightshade family, that produces a savoury and frankly acidic taste. It's now a staple of countless cuisines across the world, here used both as a topping when sliced and as the foundation of what separates the cheese from the bread when baking it."

Royce pauses.

"Also, I insist on the addition of donair meat as a topping. Now to explain donair my armoured warrior friend! Traditionally called doner kebab, it comes from Turkey originally, a shaved meat product of lamb and beef . . ."

and he goes on like that, walking over to Ulryn to put his arm around his shoulders

Necroticplague
2013-03-31, 06:44 PM
Oh gods. there's always that one dude in every group who acts like a practical exposition box, going on about everything in abnormally large detail. At least this one present himself as such early on, instead of after we've come to expect . This one, on the other hand, is one of those who doesn't talk too much, but has a hilariously verbose narrator, though with a habit to go on somewhat unrelated tangents while trying to keep with the mysteriousness of the character intact by being vague about their capabilities, that way if something needs to be made up in order to help them later.
Anyway, as he drags the giant man out with the knight's help, Proteus merely comments "Don't usually work in teams.Given what happened here, maybe I should start.Don't expect to me to be to forthright about what I can do, though."This way, if anyone manages to take me out like that again, they won't have time to discover how to permanently put me down.

Dienekes
2013-03-31, 06:44 PM
Ulryn simply stood and nodded as he tried to think through the list of words that was being thrown at him. Bread, good he learned that one, cheese, good we're still there. So it's some form of sandwich, like the kind served at the soup kitchens from time to time. Tomato sauce, well that was lost on him, apparently it's a shaded night. Not sure what to make of that one. In a dish that is made deep and with meat.

"So... it's food?"

HopeHubris
2013-04-01, 01:12 AM
"Delicious, delicious food... I'm in, I don't have to pay, right?"

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-01, 03:58 AM
"Pizza is something that needs to be experienced, not explained. Let's focus on the task at hand."
Titan moved his searching into the vault itself.
"What do we know about the Metas we just fought. Samson is a wrecking ball, Top Hat is a mage, but what is Iris? We should question the Metas we just captured. Samson won't talk, but that mage... Maybe..."

Dienekes
2013-04-01, 03:46 PM
"I can help interrogate the mage. I've handled his kind before, though I do not know what to ask of him."

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-01, 04:20 PM
OOC: sorry for not being here for a while guys. internet connection cut out for the past few days :smallfrown:

@ sir_chivalry: that's fine. I'll allow you to have an invention for a hero point :smallsmile:

---

The combined efforts of the team sweeping the bank vault reveal that, despite the huge show they made of the raid, very little actual money has been stolen, though a number of safe boxes stored towards the back of the vault had been smashed open and their contents snatched. What little remains of the doors give you a name of the owner, one Mr A. Eistheim.

The spot where Iris had teleported away from was marked with a deep black smudge, almost as if her shadow still remained on the surface.

Looking around the lobby, a few things are apparent; The black, shadowy chains that had held Roulette in place remained, though they had collapsed to the floor when he had escaped. A quick examination revealed they weighed almost nothing and where incredibly strong for their width and size. The material they where made of also seemed to resemble Wraith's skintone

The more tech-savy of you, including those capable of detecting radio waves, had noticed a radio signal beep out from a handheld stowed within "top-hat's" jacket, and the remaining mooks all seeming shocked and dazed, before many of them collapsed. the one who remained upright looked around at his surroundings, before asking "where am I?", all of the previous aggression and single minded focus gone

Wraith's inking and searching of the spot the girl Iris had fallen revealed a set of finger-prints he had to assume belonged to the super-villainess.

Looking around the lobby, besides the hostages rescued - most of which had been police officers - and the goons, it seemed that the bank was entirely empty.

Proteus and Sir Ulyrn's attempts to move sampson soon became easier as, a few moments after he had fallen unconcious, his body had shrunk back down - past the size he entered and down to something that looked almost normal, as the bronze sheen had faded from him skin, replaced by a deep olive tone.

A few minutes after the hostages had been free'd and the battle won, the police from outside began to move into the building. The sergeant from before was the first to enter, and soon started to shake each of your hands (provided that your willing)

"Ok, Pieres, call headquarters and tell them we have a number of dangerous men coming in to be detained, including at least two metahuman's

"Thank you, heroes. I don't know what we would have done without your help here. I saw the fight from outside the perimeter, and I'll say I'm glad we didn't walk into that meat grinder." the sergeants face switched from smiling to frowning as he looked around the bank-lobby "has anyone seen any other hostages? even with the rescued men, I'm missing a number of officers, and that's not counting any of the bank staff and customers..."

@ Frank
as you where a hostage, you saw many others be dragged into the bank-vault where they dissapeared in a flash of blinding light, like the one that signaled the villains arrival

---

congratulation on your first victory. you all receive a hero point for managing to free the captive without any of them being injured.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-01, 04:55 PM
"Thanks sergeant, your the true hero! Without you we wouldn't have someone to do the paper work for us."
The armoured part of his power gauntlet slides off so Ken can shake the sergeants hand. Anyway, we're gonna clean up and head off. You have my emergency radio channel if you get into trouble.

Necroticplague
2013-04-01, 05:02 PM
"This is all mostly conjecture, but I think your missing people:probably kidnapped.Just some light reasoning:we know one of them was a teleporter who could bring others with them, because this big lug sure doesn't seem like he could get himself there.Plus, a couple sentences got thrown around that indicate they are taking people as test subject, especially preferring the "powered"to quote, they said the following:"
Proteus does some slight modification of his vocal chords to try and re-create the voices, though it isn't perfect, just good enough.
"I must thank you for your quick arrival heroes. Your sacrifice here has ensured fewer blanks need to be sacrificed for our cause."
"And if not, well, our employer is always looking for more test subjects."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-01, 05:19 PM
Avalon followed the officers back into the bank, heading back over to the group. He tilted his head curiously at the confusion that seemed to have taken their erstwhile opponents.

Still radiating the warm glow of Phoenian Glory (albeit softly, per Wraith's request), he walked over to Top Hat. "Alright buddy, it's looking like some serious prison time for you. What can you do to convince us to put in a good word with the SCPD before you're processed, hmm?" he offered, voice friendly but serious, almost fatherly in a way.

Diplomacy: [roll0].
Insight: [roll1].

Re'ozul
2013-04-01, 06:04 PM
@ Proteus

You start hearing a voice in your head.
"I was the one who made the hostages invisible and told them to get to safety. Now that we have me being a potential threat out of the way, I am currently in civilian attire and was swept up in this, so I'd rather not decloak now and announce myself.
They took many of the hostages into the vault and moved them with the same blinding light that the bigshots arrived with. I would've done something, but I was low on power and there were too many hostages to protect them on my own."

Dienekes
2013-04-02, 09:41 AM
Beneath his helmet, Ulryn grinned with a bit more pride than correctly guessing that a pizza was food probably deserved. As the sergeant comes forward he gives an awkward "You're welcome," before moving back to Samson, curious if the name was a hint. He remembered the man's hair grew as he changed his shape. So quietly he grabbed a handful of hair and started cutting to see what happened.

Necroticplague
2013-04-02, 01:12 PM
"Oh, and I have it from a good source that some hostages were moved to a vault where a flash of light occurred, similar to the one that occurred when our real threats entered. So that moves it up on the scale from likely conjecture to obvious inference."

Brox
2013-04-02, 07:02 PM
If I've found what appears to be a fingerprint I'll use my investigator's kit to lift a copy.

I have one other thought about locating our erstwhile villainess, but I need to use one of the opened lockboxes...hopefully this will work...

I'll try to use my ESP again. On the shadowed opening of the lockbox. Hopefully I'll be able to get a view of Iris' current whereabouts.

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-03, 08:35 PM
"Thanks." mutters the sergeant to Titan's comment, before turning in response to the sound of siren's outside, signaling the arrival of the super-human criminal's escort. A heavily armored truck, flanked by a number of police cruisers, pulls up outside the bank, and the officers inside make a quick job of rounding up the captured criminals and dragging them to the armored van. On each you see the officers fitting a black technological collar, be they super-human or not.

if you (yourself and is present) have knowledge technology, civics or physical sciences 10+
The collars are super-power inhibitors, developed recently and used by the police. The technology is know to prevent around 80% of most known non-magical super powers. They have no observed effects on magic.

"Well, thanks again. Feel free to come by headquarters until these terrorist's trial if you find something. Tell the people at the front desk you have Sgt Smith's permission to see the prisoners. And we'll be sure to let you know if we find out anything about the kidnapping."

---

The man in the top hat stirs from his temporary unconsciousness as Avalon begins to question him. "I thank you for the kind offer, and thus I say to you this; Farseer. Once we are away from the prying eyes of my employer, I will be more than glad to discharge any further information I possess about his distasteful operation. However, be warned, that I will not disclose any information, pertinent or pointless, pertaining to my companions." He looked down at his crumpled suit a moment "well, provided I am given a change of attire and a strong drink, of course. and mayhaps today's newspaper..." he seems almost eager to help, if a little sarcastic.

---

Cutting Sampson's hair, Ulyrn notices the mans body shrink slightly more.

---

wraith manages to extract a sample of the fingerprint from the polished marble floor. it's slightly chalky, but otherwise perfectly useable.

Wraith casts his powers over the shadows of the lock-box, his sight swirling until in the darkness he can see the woman, Iris, in a white, almost sterile room, devoid of furnishings. She seems to be directing a number of people in civilian attire down a number of different corridors. Oddly, however, this act is being carried out in almost complete silence, save for the sound of footsteps. A moment after the vision blinks into existance, however, wraith notices her turn to the scrying point and wink at him.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-03, 09:03 PM
Avalon nodded slowly, but cast the mage a confident grin. "Fair enough man, but are you sure you don't want to talk here? I mean, have you seen the team we've got assembled?"

"Shapeshifting powered armor. Shapeshifting...I dunnevennowhat. Pretty sure we've got a shapeshifting power list over here! Plus commanders of light and darkness, and at least one genius, who as I understand it also carries around a spare genius in a box, or something. We have a guy throwing himself into a superpowered battle with basically just a sword and winning handily!"

"I mean, I'm just saying, if your employer is currently watching this? I'm giving it even odds that a written apology gets delivered at some point before the pizza."

Brox
2013-04-04, 12:34 AM
Guys c'mere! I see her. She's in a white room. Very sterile. Clinical. No furniture. She is directing captive down a number of different corridors. DAMN. SPOTTED...

Are there any windows? Any markings on the hallways? A phone on the wall maybe?

As I have a lock on her right now, maybe, if I can find a shadow big enough, I can pull some or all of you through with me. Possibly very dangerous though, for us AND the captives. Any thoughts? Hurry please...

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-04, 12:41 AM
"Think on it," Avalon told the mage with a nod, before rushing over to Wraith. "I'm down if you are!"

Dienekes
2013-04-04, 12:49 AM
Ulryn was chuckling to himself as he was about to cut off another fistful of hair when he was called over.

"Seems foolhardy to go charging into the enemies territory with so little information," Ulryn paused for a moment, then shrugged. "Should be interesting. Get us close and we can deal with the witch, can you bring as many of the captives back as you can?"

HopeHubris
2013-04-04, 08:01 AM
"I'm game, I vote we go as soon as possible, I don't want to get caught out with useless powers..."
Roulette says, as he walks over to Wraith
"Speaking of my powers, interesting little tidbit, they're pretty much random, each morning I wake up doing different things, kinda fun but often not altogether useful, though today, I can make ice as may have noticed"
Roulette pauses briefly, chuckling at his own horrible, horrible pun
"If I make it thick enough, should provide as much shadow as you could possible need"

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-04, 08:31 AM
The hallway you see is devoid of features, save for one corner that remains in shadow. There are no markings over the hallways, or windows.

---

The man in the tophat gives a little chuckle "Yes, I'm sure he'll be very intrested in you. If you do jump through, tell Iris 6 pm Friday, would you?"

---

so, are we taking the teleport?

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-04, 08:44 AM
Royce reaches into his belt pouch and produces six marble sized orbs. Pressing one with his thumb, they all light up with a purple-red glow
"Ready to roll guys"

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-04, 09:07 AM
Titan is oddly silent, he seemed almost deep in thought. Once the group seemed ready, a flushing noise erupts from the suit. Ken had been in suit for some time. He would probably need rest soon.
"Ahem... I'm ready now... I would love to put my feet up and have a stretch, but I can survive for now."
Ken enabled the auto pilot and set it to follow Avalon. His muscles needed a rest. At least in auto pilot he could relax a little.
"Avalon, I'm going to stick with you."

Dienekes
2013-04-04, 09:09 AM
Preparing for the teleport Ulryn turns to the cops. "That one," he said pointing toward Tophat, "is a mage. I'm not certain how you deal with them in this time, but in my own we would break their fingers and gag them before their trial. I suggest you do the same. Or, just keep the bindings on his fingers along with the gag. The other one," he said pointing to Samson. "Has his strength based upon his hair. I suggest you shave him. Alright, let's go."

Necroticplague
2013-04-04, 02:50 PM
"Well, if that's the only way we're getting there...I guess this will have to do."Before heading towards wraith, Proteus makes a grab the for the chains that once held Roulette. This may prove useful yet, as either a restraint, or a garrote if need be. Chain in hand and ready to leave, he nervously heads towards wraith. "Well, we best be going before they turn the lights on there, now shouldn't we?" He already begins to go in his head what changes he might need. If she summons more chains, he should be fine, given how he's not really that solid. The heavy gravity would probably need to restructure the back and legs. Or maybe he could just reduce to the puddle to avoid that issue as well. Since she appears to be doing a shodowy thing like our friend here, maybe glowing like a firefly could help negate things.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-04, 02:53 PM
"Sounds good," Avalon said to Titan.

He grimaced some at Ulryn's suggestion. Based on how helpful Top Hat was acting, he was inclined to give the mage the benefit of the doubt. "I don't expect he'll be any trouble," he chimed in.

Dienekes
2013-04-04, 05:17 PM
Ulryn shrugged, "Whatever your guards think is best, I'm certain they know what they're doing."

Since we're going to be jumping right into things,can I ready or delay an action so I can strike right from the get go?

Brox
2013-04-04, 07:12 PM
Ok, here's the hard part...I need everybody's weight...

I'll also need everyone in contact with me, OR, hold hands with someone I'm holding hands with, forming a chain. Lastly, Avalon needs to stand directly behind me and give me a moderate glow. Enough to cause a shadow to be cast. If we can get one or two to stand between me and Avalon, the better it will be. I need a fairly large shadow for this...

lol

DM took charge :D

P.S. I pull with me, I don't have portals...

and then the DM post was gone HAHA

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-04, 07:19 PM
lol

OOC: Feel free to ready actions :smallsmile:

---

all of you gathering around wraith (including the as of yet unoticed frank (i'm assuming)), you find yourself inside the room, just as the doors to the corridors slide shut, sealing with a click. As the last of you steps through the portal, the lights above the shadowed corner flare into life, removing the area of shadow.

Before you is the woman, Iris, looking a little bored. She doesn't look surprised by your arrival, and makes no attempt to or escape "Damn, and here I thought you'd find the teleporter. Guess I owe the boss now. Welcome to Costa Del Farseer" as she speaks, you see her breath form mist in the freezing cold air.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-04, 09:35 PM
Ok, here's the hard part...I need everybody's weight...

I'll also need everyone in contact with me, OR, hold hands with someone I'm holding hands with, forming a chain. Lastly, Avalon needs to stand directly behind me and give me a moderate glow. Enough to cause a shadow to be cast. If we can get one or two to stand between me and Avalon, the better it will be. I need a fairly large shadow for this...

lol

Titan's suit is pretty heavy. I don't know what the exact weight would be. Probably a little heavier than Iron Man's suit. I'm going to be in Shadow form and concealed. I'll post with the assumption we can get through no problem.

Titan slips behind her and gets ready to smack her. He didn't follow through however. He was waiting for her to throw the first punch. His eyes hurt a little from the tiredness and the HUD display in his helmet, but he blinked it out.

Dienekes
2013-04-04, 09:46 PM
Ulryn took in the fact that the girl was acting overconfident and open. That probably meant she had some form of protection he could not actively see.

Still, there was always the chance she was just stupid. So without a word he charged the witch.

Well, overkill attack.
Charge+Power Attack+All-Out Attack
[roll0]
Damage: 30 +5 if I roll an 11 or higher.

Also, if I roll an 11 and up I gain an additional attack at the same modifier.
Potential Additional Attack: [roll1]
Damage: 30 +5 if I roll an 11 or higher.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-04, 11:18 PM
The bitter cold made Avalon a bit more cautious; that could sometimes dampen his regenerative powers. He summoned a blade of flame to hand, ready to strike if something got close.

His left hand glowed with pure white flame, ready to lash out to counter any enemy powers. His allies could dispense enough harm, he was sure; he'd play a supportive role for now.

Free Action: Change Fire and Light Array to Cleansing Flames.
Standard Action: Ready Action to attack any enemy who comes within my reach (Attack +10, Damage DC 25).
Other Notes: While maintaining Cleansing Flames, I can drop a Nullify 5 any time an enemy activates a power as a Reaction. GM should feel free to roll any necessary reactive checks for me at its discretion for speed of play.

Also, is the temperature in here below 0 degrees?

HopeHubris
2013-04-05, 11:18 AM
"It's nice to see you again, though you won't escape this time!"
Walls of ice form on all sides of the woman, save the one Ulryn is charging

Standard Action: Create Object

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-05, 04:32 PM
The woman deftly sidestepped Ulyrn's swing, even as the walls of ice sprung up around her. "And they say chivalry is dead, obviously they missed you good sir" she said mischievously "and its my old friend with the terrible puns that hurt more than his powers. So, if we're doing this dance again, then I'll cut it short - I surrender."

OOC: temperature is at about -3 degrees.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-05, 05:58 PM
"It's nice to see you again, though you won't escape this time!"
Walls of ice form on all sides of the woman, save the one Ulryn is charging

Standard Action: Create Object

Titan disengaged the stealth and took his Titan form. He thanked his lucky stars he was dressed for the cold. As the last pieces of his armour clicked into place, he let out a long yawn.
"Smart move, I'm glad I didn't need to smack you around. We know how well it turned out for you last time."
Titan flexed it's mechanical muscles. He got ready to grab her if she tried anything.
"What's your angle? A minute ago, you, hair boy and tippy top hat were bludgeoning your way through Signal City. Now you want to surrender? Smells fishy...

Is there any radio activity?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-05, 06:17 PM
Avalon considered for a moment. When Top Hat had mentioned "Farseer", he had been fairly sure he was referring to someone who was, literally, a far-seer. It seemed it was also the guy's name.

"So is Big Boss watching all this, then?" Avalon asked. He turned to the right, looked up at a forty-five degree angle (choosing completely arbitrarily to assume that there was some sort of invisible scrying sensor there), and gave a cheery little wave.

"Titan's got a solid point though. Do you really surrender, or are you just buying time for reinforcements? You can tell us, we'll be just as happy to beat them down either way."

Dienekes
2013-04-05, 07:09 PM
Ulryn punctuates Avalon's point by keeping his sword on the girl. "Never trust a witch," he said partially to himself. "Phoenix Knight, her powers are based upon darkness correct? Could you light up the area around her? Wraith, mayhaps you would be best getting the peasants out of here, since I believe that would weaken you as well."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-05, 07:34 PM
Royce approaches Iris, attempting to get between her and his more capable companions.

"Alright, you surrender."

If she shows any agreement to this statement, he draws away slightly to stall for time.

"Understand Iris, that I am almost certainly the last person you want to try anything with. You'll kill me, sure, but I'll be ready for it. You'll trap me, but I'll know. And the plan you would have used on my friends is wasted on me."

He extends his hand to her.

"Does "milady" require an escort out of here?"

OOC: Taking 20 on Notice, takes 12 seconds with Quickness, so 2 rounds of analyzing everything. Is something that my normal senses could pick up occurring? Anything on infrared, ultraviolet or radio spectrums? Heck, even if not, my danger sense will warn me with a separate Notice check if you'd like, which I fail on a 5 or lower. Also, computers check to see what I know about her from Well-Informed!

Danger Sense Notice: [roll0]

Computers: [roll1]

Re'ozul
2013-04-05, 07:39 PM
Frank is starting to get real tired of this.
First he gets jumped in civilian guise with no way to help. Then all his meager reserves allow him to do is help the few remaining hostages to safety. Then he has to shoot himself to hope for a little more juice and just as he thinks that everyone will move to a safe place and he can finally disengage this stupid invisibility power, he lands in a freezer with nothing but his suit on him.

Trying to distract himself from the cold and the back and forth that seems to be going between the others and that lady, he concentrates on his non-standard senses.

Radio-Sense
I also had Energy Awareness, only I just now noticed that you actually need a specific descriptor for that.

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-05, 09:32 PM
Titan and frank's radio sense pick up a steady chatter surging throught the complex, most of it is just the regular radio signals of Signal City, though these ones are weak. Three signals, however, are much stronger and seem to be coming from within the base

folks with radio sense:

Conversation 1 (two voices):
"Hostiles in block C room 19. speed up subject transfer."
"Roger. Security team standing by. Just moving the last lot now"
"You have a better view than me, what's the situation with the invaders?"
"Looks to be 5.. no make that 6.. and the mercenary girl."
"Understood Private. I want you to watch the door and ensure they do not breach the testing chambers. Out"

Conversation 2 (one voice. presumably a conversation as there are constant pauses, but the other side is not being broadcast.):
I'm telling you, these experiments are a dead end. These people have nothing for me to work with... yes, yes, I will admit I'm enjoying this but... it's not my concience, it's my standard. I will not have my genius squandered trying to make a blank use a power they do not possess... Is that a chalenege? so you think I can't do it? well, I'll show you. I'll show you. by the end of the day I promise i'll have each and every test subject showing of enough power to make the freedom force wet themselves...I hate it when he does that.

conversation 3 is in Russian. do either of you speak/understand russian (and/or plan to record it and get it translated at a later date)?

@ Royce

The good doctor's eye sight notices that though the walls around you seem smooth, there are four exits from the current room, including the one you saw the prisoner's being ushered down. You can also make out a well disguised security camera on the ceiling - by the rules of drama eactly where Avalon had randomly cast his vision.
also, due to your acute vision and meticulousness, you manage to notice Frank's presence amongst you, if not enough to make out what he look like then at least his existence.
Switching to Infravision, you can make out a large mass of figures to the east exist - presumably the kidnapped civilians. A large heat source is located to the south exit.
as for radio, well, see above.

Iris' file from your database:
Ashley "Iris" Marshal
A theif and mercenary, member of a trio of guns for hire that go by the name Mythos. Born english, she fled the country after being discovered to be responsible for the theft of a number of precious family heirlooms.
Known abilities are etensive skill with infiltration, both corporate and traditional, as well as demonstrated proficiency with firearms.
Wanted in most of Europe, Asia and 17 U.S states.
Last seen with the other two members of her trio, Abydos "Samson" Hatzits and Peter "Faustus" Friedman.
No super-powers on record.

---

Iris leans casually against the ice wall roulette created with his powers. "My angle is that I'm not a fighter, I'm surrounded by the people that swept up both my co-workers and our minions in a few seconds and I prefer my bones unbroken." she says to Titan, before turning to avalon. "And yes, I really surrender. My contract is to bring 'heroes' to the facility, once there's here then it's not my business. Bonus for me if they do it of their own free will - I'll be sure to spend it on something that reminds me of our little meeting.
Though if your spoiling for a fight, I'm sure Farseer's guards waiting over there" she gestures through the door "would be happy to oblige."

As the doctor makes his offer of an escort, she just laughs and extends a hand to him "a man with manners, I'm shocked. And how can I turn down such a kind offer?"

---

OOC: So, Re'ozul, what descriptor would you like to add to your energy sense? or would you like to refund it?

Brox
2013-04-05, 10:23 PM
I'd like to grab as many civilians as possible and 'port them back to the bank (if there is enough shadow), otherwise the entrance tunnel to the field at Signal City Stadium (should be dark enough there. And public enough. And relatively safe enough).

Once I move you folks, I'll call for assistance to get you all home, if needed

Once there I'll call SCPD for pick up if necessary. These people will have to give a statement to the police...

Re'ozul
2013-04-06, 02:40 PM
OOC
Well, since he can already hear radio, I'll do some restructuring with things I haven't used yet ingame. I'll remove one progression feat from his area burst (reducing it to 250ft radius) and give him electric and magnetic awareness, that fits with being able to hear radio.

Sir_Gabes
2013-04-06, 07:57 PM
"Well unfortunately your under arrest. Your looking at a long stay in a meta human prison. You'll be seeing that money in maybe twenty years if your good."

HopeHubris
2013-04-06, 09:47 PM
"Well, that was incredibly underwhelming, I expected more from my nemesis, I suppose I'll just have to find a new one when I get out of here." Roulette sighs, "But I suppose we should deal with this 'Farseer' first, yes?"

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-08, 12:04 AM
"Seems like. Where's the boss at?" Avalon asked Iris. "And out of sheer curiosity, is this entire place this cold? And on a related note, why do you keep this place this cold?"

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-08, 07:14 PM
"Take a guess." your captive said, gesturing towards the room the hostages had been taken. "he likes to get a look at them when we first bring them in, picking out those 'destined for greatness', whatever that means."

Yes, it's all this cold. I don't know why it cold - I'm not a fan of it myself; if you do beat my boss, can you ask that same question from me?"

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-08, 07:23 PM
"Fair enough. Well, all, I know which door has my vote. Who's up for charging in in a blaze of glory?" Avalon asked, per his usual idiom. Working with a team was at least somewhat tempering his normal inclinations to leap into unknown danger at a moment's notice. He asked first, anyway.

Dienekes
2013-04-09, 07:30 PM
"It's a doorway where they can funnel us through and gang up on each of us as we enter one by one giving them supreme tactical advantage" Ulryn shrugged. "You can go first."

Necroticplague
2013-04-09, 09:12 PM
I can both move unseen and move through the normally solid, I'll go through the walls slowly while you charge in. I'd rather stalk them like a cat with mice, learning their weaknesses, and striking in a battle of one shot fired.I know this is boring as heck for everyone else involved though, so feel free to charge in, watching you get damaged will help my observation.

Dienekes
2013-04-10, 09:07 AM
"Hmm, if you can turn invisible and move through the walls, any chance you can scout ahead? Boring is often preferable to exciting."

HopeHubris
2013-04-10, 09:57 AM
"Well, I'm all for running head-first into danger, but hey, if you all say no, and want to 'not die', who am I to argue?" Roulette says, making little air-quotes with his hands

Necroticplague
2013-04-10, 03:01 PM
"Kid, I've had years of not having to worrying about not dying. It's not my life I care about, it's everyone else's. That's why I have to be careful. I may be tough enough to take a bunker buster to the center, but the guys I'm fighting for sure can't."Having said his fill, and now the time to act impressed upon him, he begins to fade out of senses as he passes through the wall to try and check out what's going on, gaining a few senses of his own to better help with this task. if proteus had bothered to stay visible, the later would mostly look like a bunch of weird eyes appearing all over as he loosed a fixed form, but fortunately his lack of visibility means others don't have to see this.

Mutation use:
Hunter From The Pit(-12 points)
decrease stregnth to 10(+5)
Super-Senses 5 ranks.(-5 points)
-Infravision
-Ultrahearing
-Ultravision
-2ranks Radius (allsight)

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-10, 03:24 PM
"Ah yes. Stealth. That is a thing that exists," Avalon said to himself, nodding sagely. He stood ready, a few feet back from the door, awaiting the shapeshifter's go-ahead.

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-11, 02:52 AM
Proteus slips through the walls between the two rooms, invisible. He emerges, after a small corridor, in a wide, open room decked with computers.
Once inside, Behluda can see another 30-ish soldiers, armed with the same type of rifle as those that attacked the bank, but each dressed in a suit of black, reflective armour. There are also a number of people in disheveled clothing, all lined up and looking to be chained together, being checked up on and led by a number of men and women in white coats, before being led out of an exit to the south. a few more of the people in white coats are sat at the computer consoles in the room. In the air you can feel the tension.
About half of the soldier's (15) have their rifles trained on the door, waiting for anyone to enter. ten more are slowly patroling around the room, stoping every few seconds to look around. The final five have their rifles pointed at the prisoners, and are helping shepherd them along.
Looking around the room, you notice a number of screen on the leftomost wall from the door, one of which showing the room you arrived in. Many more are showing what seem to be holding pens - each with a small number of humans in them - as well as one that looks like a laboratory, and another that reminds you of a firing range.

Necroticplague
2013-04-11, 09:16 PM
Walking back through the walls, Proteus addresses his teamates, letting his outline blur slightly into visibility so they know where to look to pay attention. "O.K., looks like we're expected. By people with guns. Plenty of them look like their going to start firing the second that door opens. A few also seem to be ready to blow away hostages if THEY move. Good thing cooler heads prevailed, otherwise the following would have occurred: Run in, get shot, shrug it off. Hostages panic,try to run.Henchies shoot them.They don't shrug it off.I have an idea, but I'll save it til you guys can chip in your own 2cents."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-11, 09:40 PM
Avalon frowned, considering the situation for a moment, before he gave a chuckle. "Actually reminds me of a joke," he murmured, before looking very pointedly at Wraith, meeting his gaze, and saying very distinctly, "Knock knock."

He hoped his fellow hero got it.

Re'ozul
2013-04-12, 04:09 PM
@ Proteus
"It appears as if an evening of the odds might be in order. If they allow I could cloak your companions from all senses much like you can, however it would also disallow them from sensing each other."

Necroticplague
2013-04-12, 05:02 PM
Seeming to speak to himself in a moment of unusual lack of clarity, Proteus seems to exclaim as he fades back out of sight:"Oh for the love of;No, that would not help! All of what I described would happen once the door opened, so it would still all go down once the others try to enter, visible or not!As I see it the only solution would we to make an indirect attack that blows through the walls and doors, causing enough damage to slay several of them before they know the fight begins.That way, they panic and try to focus on us instead of the prisoners!But I know a lot of people with above and beyond abilities don't like the thought of using them to kill, so I was offering everyone else the opportunity to think!"

Brox
2013-04-12, 07:23 PM
It seems to that if we can interpose ourselves between the gunmen and the civilians, we can eliminate the danger to them. Then we work our way outward, stifling all opposition. And for the record, I oppose then need for extreme prejudice against these gunmen. We are Heroes. We should act like it. I'm not saying ask their permission to use physical force as they shoot at us, but...the taking of a life...is unnecessary. It should be avoided unless there is no other choice.

What is the light sources in that room? Bright? Omnipresent? Dim?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-12, 07:33 PM
Since that apparently hadn't worked, Avalon tried a more straightforward approach. "Hey um, have we confirmed that we're not being watched? Or, more to the point, listened in on?"

Necroticplague
2013-04-13, 06:25 AM
"Don't know if we're being watched. These guys sure didn't lead on if they know anything, though. Quite as stone, just like the dudes at the bank were at first.Although, that would explain why they seem to be so prepared for someone to come busting through the door. And similarly, I don't know about light levels. My own vision is extended beyond what is normally considered light, so the place was as bright as day to me.However, that could have just been their own body heat contrasting with the cold environment."

Re'ozul
2013-04-13, 10:30 AM
@Proteus

"We ARE being watched. Further, I believe they can also detect me. Their title for your prisoner is 'mercenary girl' I believe, so her status among them is likely quite low. They are also accelerating the 'moving' of the hostages.
Perhaps a preemptive attack could help? If one of the present is strong enough to crash the door into the room it could lead to momentary confusion and panic. There might be some danger to the hostages though.
Are you capable of somehow taking others with you through solid materials?"

Dienekes
2013-04-13, 01:50 PM
"The only way I see this working is we overwhelm them from multiple points at the same time. Proteus, is there any way for you to get between the gunmen and the hostages, or simply to destroy some of the lights in the room to allow Wraith a third point of entry? If anyone is strong enough to blow that door back like a battering ram we can cause a brief moment of shock in the enemy, it can also serve as a signal to get everyone going."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-13, 02:20 PM
"Actually, that gives me a thought. The big difference between here and the bank, is that they're expecting us, right? Presumably, they're expecting us to come through that door. Couldn't we catch them off guard by coming through, say, the wall, or floor, or ceiling?"

Avalon wasn't particularly strong on stealth. Structural damage was another matter.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-14, 04:01 PM
"Actually, that gives me a thought. The big difference between here and the bank, is that they're expecting us, right? Presumably, they're expecting us to come through that door. Couldn't we catch them off guard by coming through, say, the wall, or floor, or ceiling?"

Avalon wasn't particularly strong on stealth. Structural damage was another matter.

"I think I can help there. Just promise me the right heads get cracked."

Dr. Royce walks over to the walls, running his hand along it lightly.

Analytic touch and Knowledge (physical sciences): [roll0]

HopeHubris
2013-04-15, 07:55 AM
"Once we get in, I can surround the captives in an ice barrier, should protect them for long enough for us to deal with the big bad"

Necroticplague
2013-04-15, 01:57 PM
"True, that worked well enough last time. We just have to repeat the steps, and everything should work out again. Might work even better this time, given how chilly this place is.
Since you obviously won't want to guarantee you're seen, you could make them disappear like you did last time. Sure, repetition is boring, but our lives are interesting enough as is. I'll be below the floor, waiting for any sound of interesting stuff when you stream through the door."
Of course, this is a slight lie, but in the long run it makes no big difference except for possibly a fleeting tactical advantage. Taking advantage of being quiet and out of sight, Proteus slides over to Wraith and whispers
@Wraith
"O.k., that was a minor fib. I think we're being watched, and would rather not let on. What I'm really going to do is be in the ceiling. Once the action starts, I'll send a pulse of electricity through the lights, which should darken the room. Pick a couple people and discretely inform them of this, and once I kill the light, 'port yourself and them in."

Brox
2013-04-17, 05:41 PM
@ProteusNo problemo!

If you all would be so kind as to huddle up...I need a bit od shadow to do make this work.

Once huddled, I'll continue

Whispered:Avalon, if you're able to smash through the walls, please do so. Sir Ulryn, you follow through the split off the the opposite side and start clearing out mooks. Both of you, please make this quick, but be cognizant that a body count is unnecessary and should be avoided. Once the breach is made, Proteus will kill the lights in the hall, allowing me to pull the rest through. Roulette, the good Doctor and I will pop in on the far end of the hall and we'll meet in the middle. Remember, pick your targets carefully, and our prime objective is freeing captives first

Dienekes
2013-04-17, 05:48 PM
Ulryn was not entirely certain why Wraith was whispering, but he thought it better to follow his companions lead. Perhaps he knew something that he did not.

"What of our prisoner?" he said quietly.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-17, 06:04 PM
Grouping up, Avalon answered, "Huh, I was kinda thinking more something like Proteus turning into some sort of burrowing thing and digging us a tunnel or something. I doubt the wall could hold against me in the general sense, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to bring it down in one move. And if it's load-bearing, that plan's right out regardless. What do you think, Doc? Worth a try? Otherwise, going fast through the door Corona blazing will probably work best for keeping the hostages safe...except that creates light. Hrm..."

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-17, 07:56 PM
OOC: crap. sorry guys. uni work was taking up all my time :smallfrown:

The Good doctor's investigation of the building walls reveals them to be made of a high tech steel alloy, highly resistant to heat and pressure, though from what he can gather, not that much harder to break than regular steel. The room's design also indicates that none of the walls bear more of a load than any other, meaning a cave-in of the roof would be highly unlikely.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-21, 12:09 AM
OOC: crap. sorry guys. uni work was taking up all my time :smallfrown:

The Good doctor's investigation of the building walls reveals them to be made of a high tech steel alloy, highly resistant to heat and pressure, though from what he can gather, not that much harder to break than regular steel. The room's design also indicates that none of the walls bear more of a load than any other, meaning a cave-in of the roof would be highly unlikely.

"The walls won't break, not unless we apply enough force that we'd probably be lost in the assault."

Dienekes
2013-04-21, 07:42 AM
"Hmm," Sir Ulryn walks over to a wall that is not attached to the room where the hostages are (or he just uses the floor if it's made of the same material as the wall) and stabs it with his sword.

Power Attacking the wall/floor giving a Toughness DC of 30.
Steel has a Toughness of 10 if that's what you're using boss.

Anyway checking to see if magic sword > scifi steel

BlackestOfMages
2013-04-21, 10:47 AM
"Hmm," Sir Ulryn walks over to a wall that is not attached to the room where the hostages are (or he just uses the floor if it's made of the same material as the wall) and stabs it with his sword.

Power Attacking the wall/floor giving a Toughness DC of 30.
Steel has a Toughness of 10 if that's what you're using boss.

Anyway checking to see if magic sword > scifi steel

Sir Ulryn's sword cleaves through the wall like a hot knife through butter.

Dienekes
2013-04-21, 12:34 PM
Still walks to Avalon and whispers. "If we time this right, I can cut through the hinges of the door, and you can blast it back into the enemy lines as a signal."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-04-21, 01:27 PM
Avalon looked somewhat discouraged at the doctor's words, but his grin picked right up when Ulryn made his test. "Sounds like a plan!"

Necroticplague
2013-05-12, 05:55 PM
Hearing that all the pieces of this plan are set in place, Proteus dives down into to floor before taking his planned position in the ceiling, listening for the sound of something happening to know when to take his action.
C'mon game, BREATHE!

Re'ozul
2013-05-12, 08:59 PM
Unbeknownst to the rest, Steven stays back, readying his obscuring power to envelop any hostages he can see once the door is gone.

Dienekes
2013-05-13, 01:09 PM
Sir Ulryn waits for everyone to leave, and starts counting out a full minute to give each of them enough time to reach their positions. When the count was done he raised his sword to the door hinges and turned to Avalon, and nodded, making sure the angelic superhero was ready to blast the door to signal the start of the confrontation as soon as his sword cut through the steal.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-05-13, 01:53 PM
Avalon stood ready at Ulryn's side, the constant glow around his body a soft crimson as he channeled his power into Phoenian Might.

HopeHubris
2013-05-13, 08:07 PM
Roulette prepares to create a solid ice barrier around the hostages

"Everyone ready?" Roulette asks, rather nervous about his lack of defences

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-14, 05:06 PM
Royce relays all the information he's gathered about the walls.

"I hope we don't get painted across the walls . . ." :smalleek:

Dienekes
2013-05-17, 07:49 AM
ooc
Alright I think I've waited a reasonable amount of time.

"60," Ulryn says aloud as he swings down to destroy the hinges on the door, and says a wordless prayer that it all goes correctly.

BlackestOfMages
2013-05-18, 12:15 PM
OOC: sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry - my life got a bit hectic recently and this totally
slipped my mind. sorry :smallfrown:

As the time came, Sir Ulryn brought his blessed blade down upon the door hinges in a smooth arc, severing the steel plate just as Avalon stepped up and, with a mighty blow, launched it into the other room, backed by a trail of fire.

Behind the door, the firing squad - noticing movement - began to unload their rifles. A second later, the sound of gunfire is silenced as the door bowls over the assembled firing squad, knocking them out of the equation.

As the guards began to rally from the surprise of the weaponized gateway, Steven focused his powers upon the prisoners, fading them from sight here just as he had done back in the bank. This time, however, they vanished before the rest of the gathered heroes.

Seeing their hostages vanish from sight and much of their number immobilized, most of the guards and almost all of the men in lab coats, began professing their surrender.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-05-18, 03:47 PM
Avalon charged in after the door, facing down the numerous enemies without fear! Solar fire blazed around his hands as his gaze swept the room, keying in the the thickest knot of enemies. Not even feeling the pain from their numerous shots as he quickly regenera...wait...too cold in here. Why am I not feel...oh.

Go team, he thought with a slender smirk.

Dienekes
2013-05-18, 03:50 PM
"Well..." Ulryn said as he walked amongst the cowering mercenaries. "That worked better than anticipated." He walked around and collected all the guns he could as well as anything that looked like it could potentially be dangerous, which unfortunately for the doctors was just about everything that he didn't understand at a glance how it worked.

"Listen up!" he shouted to the cowering men when he finished. "Unless those among you are nobility, which I very much doubt, I have no reason to keep you alive. So if I were you, I'd start making myself very useful, starting by telling us what exactly is happening in here."

Intimidate: [roll0] I'm going to intimidate the most important looking scientist and soldier

HopeHubris
2013-05-19, 01:25 AM
"Uh... Right, well then... That was a little anti-climactic"
Roulette sighs as the knight makes his threat

"Yeah, what the tin-man said"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-19, 09:59 PM
Doctor Royce keeps his ears and eyes open to see if anything unusual is about to happen.

OOC: Taking 10 on Notice