PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading User Titles

WindStruck
2013-03-11, 05:12 PM
Is it possible to downgrade a user title to a previous one you unlocked? For example, say you get all the way up to Orc, you can also select from Dwarf, Pixie, Ghost, or whatever else is "lower ranking"?

I am just wondering because my avatar is, in fact, a pixie and thought it would be nice if the title was "pixie in the playground" once again. The meaning behind it regarding post count means nothing to me. :smalltongue:

Also if it isn't possible to do this, would it be a worthwhile suggestion to allow this to happen in the future? Say, titles get unlocked, and you can select them from a drop-down box?

Logic
2013-03-11, 05:42 PM
I'm fairly certain this type of feature would be difficult to implement and would cause an unnecessary strain on the servers.

As the Mods and Staff are more concerned with keeping the forums running as smoothly as possible than for extra vanity user titles, I doubt that this type of feature would be implemented if my assumptions are correct.

Derjuin
2013-03-11, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately, there's a rule regarding discussing user titles:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659

Specifically,

Please do not discuss post counts and user titles

Marnath
2013-03-11, 05:44 PM
Just give yourself a signature that says something like "In my heart, I'll always be a pixie in the playground." Boom, done. :smallsmile:

KillianHawkeye
2013-03-11, 05:51 PM
Won't happen.

WindStruck
2013-03-11, 06:12 PM

Specifically,

Actually, to me it seemed in the context it meant discussion regarding at exactly what post count interval you get what title.

And I don't see the harm in raising a simple question like this... :smallconfused:

Roland St. Jude
2013-03-11, 10:46 PM
Is it possible to downgrade a user title to a previous one you unlocked? For example, say you get all the way up to Orc, you can also select from Dwarf, Pixie, Ghost, or whatever else is "lower ranking"?

I am just wondering because my avatar is, in fact, a pixie and thought it would be nice if the title was "pixie in the playground" once again. The meaning behind it regarding post count means nothing to me. :smalltongue:

Also if it isn't possible to do this, would it be a worthwhile suggestion to allow this to happen in the future? Say, titles get unlocked, and you can select them from a drop-down box?Sheriff: This is not a feature we're likely add.

Specifically,

Actually, to me it seemed in the context it meant discussion regarding at exactly what post count interval you get what title.

And I don't see the harm in raising a simple question like this... :smallconfused:Sheriff: It means any and all discussion of post counts. The Forum Rules prohibition is against "Discussing Post Counts"...

Discussing Post Counts
This also includes discussing user level or time being a member. Some people may think that a large post count is a status symbol, or grants them spooky powers. It doesn't. We try to treat all posters as equal, the ones that just started posting and the ones that have been here since the dawn of time have equal importance.

The less said about post counts, user titles, and longevity here, the better.