PDA

View Full Version : Battle/Stalwart Sorcerer?

ImaginaryDragon
2013-03-11, 08:52 PM
My bro made a thread about swiftblades in which these two variants were brought up, and I've seen a lot of interpretations of how exactly the two interact. Is there any definitive ruling?

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-03-11, 09:15 PM
They work together as you might expect. 1d8+2 HP per level, -2 spells known, 3/4 BAB, two martial weapon proficiencies.

The real issue is that all of those benefits go out the window the second you stop taking sorcerer levels while the penalties stay with you forever.

ImaginaryDragon
2013-03-11, 09:25 PM
So it is to spells known rather than spells per day?

DEMON
2013-03-11, 09:31 PM
They work together as you might expect. 1d8+2 HP per level, -2 spells known, 3/4 BAB, two martial weapon proficiencies.

The real issue is that all of those benefits go out the window the second you stop taking sorcerer levels while the penalties stay with you forever.

-1 Spells known; -2 Spells per day

So it is to spells known rather than spells per day?

Nah, the above statement is incorrect unless I missed an Errata.

It's -1 Spell Known for each level
-1 Spell per day for each level and an additional -1 spell known for highest level (but a minimum of 1 spell known for each level)
And the second -1 spell known applies to any particular level only once you would get at least 3 spells of your highest level, reducing it to a single level (before that it applies to a lower level)

ImaginaryDragon
2013-03-11, 10:08 PM
Hmmm, guess it's not really worth it then. Shame.