PDA

View Full Version : A Prank War Against Pinkie Pie, the Pink Party Pony? Oh Dear...

Rubik
2013-03-12, 12:56 AM
Okay, so something very...interesting has happened to my character. The campaign spiraled into a serious optimization war against the DM (at the behest and request of the players involved), and I was the only survivor (as the rest of them were splattered). Player op-fu vs DM op-fu to see who could best the other in a battle of wits and rules. I eventually started dominating things like elder evils, galaxy-wrecking abominations, and pantheons of elder gods, and was at the point of untouchability.

In this campaign, there are naturally-occurring portals that spontaneously appear in predefined places "when the stars are right," and whatnot. One can predict where each end of the portal will appear and WHEN it will appear if one has the proper knowledge and tools. World-eating monsters frequently use such things to hop from world to world in order to consume them (everything from eating all magic on a world to consuming all plant and/or animal life to actually consuming the planet itself), and I made it my duty to preemptively take them out using Hypercognition and Metafaculty to learn where they are and which one will escape their current prison next, and figuring out when and where the escape hatch will appear.

This rather backfired, as the monstrosity I took on absorbed and ate all forms of magic (which included gods, as they're literally composed of divine magic) and was entirely immune to its direct effects. This means that the Dimensional Anchors and Dimension Locks I used were...less than effective in containing it.

Halfway through the epic battle (with me utterly trouncing it, even after it gained quite a few HD from absorbing the initial magical and psionic salvos), the portal appeared and it leaped through before I could halt it. It took a few rounds to track it down, and I managed to Plane Shift after it...

...landing in Canterlot during a festival, with the two alicorn princesses and the Elements of Harmony in attendance.

As you can imagine, Equestria is extremely high in magic, and the largest concentration of magic on the planet was right there, in what essentially amounted to the tastiest buffet table the creature had likely ever seen. It had grappled the two alicorns and the Element of Magic, and was level draining them, along with all the ponies it could reach with its tentacle attacks, and it grew in power with every negative level it absorbed.

I managed to play damage control and save the ponies, and after a few close shaves with orbital friendship cannons, I punted the beastie into the sky with a massive (and completely non-magical) stone club Fabricated from the foundations of a nearby building and proceeded to slice it to ribbons after re-Fabricating the club into a giant stone sword (drenching the horrified ponies below in abomination blood, but they'll survive, at least, if not sanely).

Since then I've managed to make friends with the Mane Six, their princesses, and what ponies weren't gibbering messes after the display in the middle of Canterlot.

So, yeah. Basically I went from Optimization Death Battles to Candy-Colored Ponies. And until the stars re-align, I'm stuck there.

All in all, not a bad place to vacation.

In the meantime, I'm fighting occasional horrors and exploring the world at large, and between adventures I've been challenged by a certain Pink Party Pony to see who can outprank the other. I don't want to hurt her (as even nonlethal damage will probably kill her, given my optimization level), but I still want some good ideas as to what I can do with what I've got against a mostly mundane cloud cuckoolander earth pony who has still managed a few surprisingly surprising surprises.

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/020/5/a/jetpack_pinkie_pie___png_by_larsurus-d48r4gx.png

And what I've got is a lot. I've got every arcane and divine spell and every psionic power from every class in the game (PrC and base), a manifester level well over 200 (even though I only have 80 HD), and the ability to spontaneously craft and cast epic spells several times a round (with enough mitigation to make research basically free). I can get any magic item I want, and any skill and feat I care to have (as I literally have more skill points than I know what to do with, and well over 700 feats to spend). All of my stats are OVER 9,000! -- literally, they range from between 11,000 and 12,000 each.

So, what kinds of over-the-top pranks would the Players in the Playground suggest?

Crake
2013-03-12, 01:40 AM
dude, I'm sorry, but you're screwed. Pinkie Pie can break the 4th wall, a power you sorely lack, and thus can win any pranking contest... good night sweet prince.

Juntao112
2013-03-12, 02:44 AM
Do not play pranks on Pinkie. If asked, say that you're working on it.

The anticipation will drive her nuts.

This is known in the business as the art of trolling without trolling.

Rubik
2013-03-12, 03:01 AM
Do not play pranks on Pinkie. If asked, say that you're working on it.

The anticipation will drive her nuts.

This is known in the business as the art of trolling without trolling.Ooh. I like this idea. And I can increase the paranoia slightly by doing...things. Like visiting Sugarcube Corner and buying 12.5 banana nut muffins every morning for breakfast for a month straight, at exactly 8:01 am...and then suddenly not buying any...until 8:30. All I have to do is to make sure my actions around her are just slightly off, and it'll drive her crazy...er. Crazier. Because...oh, wait. It's Pinkie. I don't think that's actually possible.

And speaking of Pinkie Pie and crazy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCpdDS3L2xs

Rubik
2013-03-13, 01:11 PM
Oh, and did I mention that Prince Blueblood was one of the ponies caught in the shower of gore?

That was even more satisfying than the XP I gained for the encounter, I must say.