PDA

View Full Version : Fiendish Elemental

hymer
2013-03-12, 10:46 AM
Aside from the rules forbidding it, is there any reason I should be careful with giving Air, Earth, Fire and/or Water Elementals the Fiendish template?
Anyone have any further thoughts on making evil elementals for E6 games?

dysprosium
2013-03-12, 10:50 AM
IIRC the Dragon Compendium has a template to make elementals demonically infused. that could help with what you are looking for.

hamishspence
2013-03-12, 10:54 AM
Oddly, the Half-fiend template is still legal for them.

hymer
2013-03-12, 11:03 AM
@ dysproisum: Thanks, sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can't get access to DC somehow.

@ hamishspence: That's hilarious! It even grants bat wings and claw/bite attacks. :smallsmile:

DreganHiregard
2013-03-12, 11:47 AM
I don't think you'd really need to be especially careful, It's not a very powerful template, particularly for elementals who already have a bit of DR usually. I think it sounds like a great idea!

hymer
2013-03-12, 01:20 PM
@ DreganHiregard: Thanks. I think you're right, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something - wouldn't be the first time.
And welcome to the the playground!

Unusual Muse
2013-03-12, 01:24 PM
Do you want them to be evil, or are you looking to add more/different powers to them? Because you could just make them evil.

hymer
2013-03-12, 01:31 PM
I'd like them to be more than merely of evil alignment, as I intend for the fire elementals to try to set a major city ablaze (partly for the evulz). Not something your average evil guy is likely to do, as it puts a bit of a bullseye on your chest.
A few unexpected powers will be nice too, as fire elementals on their own can get a little boring.