PDA

View Full Version : Crowded Shadows IC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shadowy
2013-03-12, 06:41 PM
They are the lords of a higher reality. And they shall fear us.
-Alleged first words of the Oracles

Goodsprings
Population: Too many and growing.

September 3rd.

It was, in a way, a start of something new. In several other ways, it was the end of something.

Six mages, all fairly inexperienced, were in Goodsprings. Buses and trains had brought them, and there was a small amount of confusion. They were here, but what now? They're going to form a cabal, but who with?

These questions were cut short, when a massive surge of magical energy pulsed through the town. Your unseen senses flare up, and even without mage sight, you can tell where it came from. The town cathedral.

An old, stone building with a cemetary in the back, the bell tolling four times.

This surge of energy was undoubtedly important.

What do you do?

Spacewolf
2013-03-12, 06:58 PM
Standing on the Train platform Laura wheels about as she feels the pulse pass her by. Her eyes drawn to the church she sighs and checks her watch before setting of at a quick walk towards the source of the disturbance, apparently she wasn't going to get a day off just because it was her first day in the town.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-12, 07:47 PM
Troy steps of this bus, gathering his luggage and stepping to the curb to hail a cab. Suddenly, he feels his Unseen Senses spike as a wave of magical energy emanates outward from the town. Surprised, he makes the conscious decision to shift from 'Troy' to being Avatar of the Adamantine Arrow. Avatar activates the Sybil's Sight, searching for the source of the magical disturbance.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-12, 09:19 PM
Exor walks off the train with his bag in his hand. He looks around trying to decide where to go next. When the surge of energy pulses through the air Exor immediately begins making his way towards the source, not rushing too quickly, but making good time. While moving, Exor activates his magical armor and Mage sight.

Seanfall
2013-03-12, 11:56 PM
Joshua Canfeild was just taking his first step onto a curb, a lit cigarette in his mouth, a leather bag in the other filled with papers that needed graded. When the surge lit up the unseen spaces around him he stopped and turned towards it's source.

He frowned, looks like another night of lost sleep. He was currently dressed in a white shirt, a loosened tie and a pair of khakis. Sighing he took a long drag on his cig and burned it out, he flicked it into a trash can and started to make his way towards it source. He took an alley along his way, his free hand began making signs and murda as he chanted in a low whisper, the sign for decay, and armor were brought to bear as he attempted to shield himself, the final motion he touched his lead coin necklace a tool dedicated to the Death Arcanum.

Rote action wits+Occult+Death 7 dice total for Entropic Guard
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
2 suxx cool. Think that means the shield is up.

Rotekian
2013-03-13, 08:35 AM
As the pulse passed John Cooper he looked up in surprise taking a short quick breath to steady himself before sighing. So much for his plans for a quiet life of study and contemplation. He could already tell this place wasn't going to be anywhere near as peaceful and relaxing as his old mentor had made it sound. He couldn't shake the feeling that Grail had just picked this place to get him out of her hair. Agrippa glanced around the train station before looking back down at his tablet to activate his Eye of the Magus rote as subtly as possible.

Glancing back at the source of the disturbance he wished he knew Goodsprings better so he could just scry the place. Eventually he shrugged, stood up, picked up his bulky luggage and started looking for the nearest cab. He could tell it was going to be a long day, but that magical disturbance had to be the best place to start looking for his fellow mages, he just hoped there wasn't anything too dangerous going on. Dangerous or not he'd just have to press on and find out.

watupwithdat
2013-03-13, 01:19 PM
The bus ride that had taken Aaron, or Axe — he usually just went with the latter, it was easier and he spent no time with close family or friends who used his real name anyway, to this place had been extremely dull, he thought. Even though he had been sitting still in a less than comfortable seat all this time, he felt quite alright and refreshed, no doubt because of his proficiency of the Life arcanum.

He looked around, trying to get a feel for the place. He had expected a run down time, but it seemed more busy than what he had imagined. That's when the wave of magic hit him. Seems there was something interesting here afterall, though the question was in what way and to whom it was interesting. He had assumed this was more akin to a vacation, no killing or putting down enemies. Not that he did mind. It came with the job description, and he was good at it.

But if such a pulse of magic occured there, what else hid beneath the surface, he wondered and manifested the sight needed to see the traces of magic as well as that of the gauntlet. He was curious as to what kind of spirits there was around here. Spirits usually knew what was going on.

In effect automatically activating Second Sight as well as Spirit Tongue both with potency 2.

Shadowy
2013-03-13, 02:01 PM
Troy steps of this bus, gathering his luggage and stepping to the curb to hail a cab. Suddenly, he feels his Unseen Senses spike as a wave of magical energy emanates outward from the town. Surprised, he makes the conscious decision to shift from 'Troy' to being Avatar of the Adamantine Arrow. Avatar activates the Sybil's Sight, searching for the source of the magical disturbance.

Fate settled heavily on the cathedral. It was the beginning of something.
Something big.

Exor walks off the train with his bag in his hand. He looks around trying to decide where to go next. When the surge of energy pulses through the air Exor immediately begins making his way towards the source, not rushing too quickly, but making good time. While moving, Exor activates his magical armor and Mage sight.

Mage sight shows the origin of the disturbance was the church.

The bus ride that had taken Aaron, or Axe — he usually just went with the latter, it was easier and he spent no time with close family or friends who used his real name anyway, to this place had been extremely dull, he thought. Even though he had been sitting still in a less than comfortable seat all this time, he felt quite alright and refreshed, no doubt because of his proficiency of the Life arcanum.

He looked around, trying to get a feel for the place. He had expected a run down time, but it seemed more busy than what he had imagined. That's when the wave of magic hit him. Seems there was something interesting here afterall, though the question was in what way and to whom it was interesting. He had assumed this was more akin to a vacation, no killing or putting down enemies. Not that he did mind. It came with the job description, and he was good at it.

But if such a pulse of magic occured there, what else hid beneath the surface, he wondered and manifested the sight needed to see the traces of magic as well as that of the gauntlet. He was curious as to what kind of spirits there was around here. Spirits usually knew what was going on.

In effect automatically activating Second Sight as well as Spirit Tongue both with potency 2.

Axe would notice something...odd about the spirits of the town. The spirits were more active, more full of vigor then usual. The spirit of a Mcdonald's is currently kicking the spirit of a small Mom and Pop store.

If one of the spirits is queried, it'd give him an odd look and tell him where the church is.

Those who made it through the average mill of sleepers would make it to the church, on the edge of town. It was strangely deserted, the street having no sleepers on it of any kind.

The church was made of stone, and someone has parked a shiny new pickup truck on the doorstep, neatly blocking the doors. There was only one large stained glass window facing out towards the cemetary. Something important was going on inside, though any of those with mage sight up could feel whatever was going on was getting less intense.

All the mages come out on the street outside the church at roughly the same time. It's probably destiny, or something.

Spacewolf
2013-03-13, 02:08 PM
Taking a deep breath and activiting her Spatial map rote to get a feel for area to make sure she wasn't going to walk straight into a trap she walks towards the building an tries to peak around the door.

Shadowy
2013-03-13, 07:24 PM
Taking a deep breath and activiting her Spatial map rote to get a feel for area to make sure she wasn't going to walk straight into a trap she walks towards the building an tries to peak around the door.

The car still blocks the way.

All the other mages can see Avalon as she moves into the open. There are only the six awakened on the street.

Rotekian
2013-03-13, 08:10 PM
Agrippa looks at each of the others in turn and nods politely to them, before crossing to the church and setting down his luggage out of the way. He turns and walks to the car, admiring it while wiping a hand across the hood. Agrippa stretches and climbs on top to sit on the hood, turning to the others contemplatively.

Ah it is nice to have a rest, I feel like I packed a little too much for the journey. I don't suppose any of you are thieves or master locksmiths?

xXBallackXx
2013-03-13, 08:44 PM
Avatar arrives at the door, appraising the others who have arrived in front of the door. Not one to ignore the obvious hand of Fate, he surmises that they, like him, must be Awakened. Leaning against the car he answers:

I'm a fair hand with a lockpick... but I don't have any tools on me.

watupwithdat
2013-03-13, 09:50 PM
As he had gotten the direction to the church from a complacent spirit on the way Axe didn't have much issue finding his way. Once there, he could tell by instinct, not even bothering to read their auras, that most of the other people who had arrived there were awakened—though he did not know them. For now he stayed a bit behind them, just observing what they were doing, not making his presence overly apparent. It seemed as though they were discussing a way to get into the church. Probably a wise choice. He was a little curious himself.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-13, 10:10 PM
Exor decides to utilize his understanding of the Forces Arcana and cast Reciever so he can hear at longer distances, he then walks around the church to see what he finds.

Seanfall
2013-03-13, 11:20 PM
Joshua stopped as he saw the others appear at roughly the same time, he has a newly lit Cigarette hanging in his mouth. He took in the assembled people one after another, and for half a second contemplated turning around and walking away. Though knowing his luck he'd probably wind back up in the same spot he was now.

"....You all wouldn't be here to just visit church...no I'm not that lucky."

Spacewolf
2013-03-14, 03:57 AM
Talking to the other mages arriving on the scene while having a look around the car

“Seems so, and looking at your bags I guess your new in town as well, huh?”

After talking to josh she responds to the man sprawled over the bonnet. “No idea sorry”

While doing this she has a quick check of the door handle to see if it’s locked and a peek through the window, curious as to who had parked in such a way to almost block access to the church.

Seanfall
2013-03-14, 04:37 AM
Josh took a long drag on his cig, he raised an eyebrow at the Girl who spoke to him. "Not really any of your business is it?" Josh moved up to the Truck, he looked around and picked up a rock, or a stone, a big piece of wood anything.

"Anyone in there?" he asked tossing the Stone in his hand up and catching it a few times. "If not I know how to move it."

Shadowy
2013-03-14, 05:53 AM
Exor decides to utilize his understanding of the Forces Arcana and cast Reciever so he can hear at longer distances, he then walks around the church to see what he finds.

Exor hears a conversaton from inside:
The two voices sound young and male.
One of them speaks with Smooth confidence, and the other is whimpering slightly
"Well, you're lucky I was here. Not many people manage to make a verge when they first awaken. But that's not the issue. The issue is, those a****les I told you about are going to come soon, and I don't think my car will keep them out for long. You ready for the trip?

*Incoherent blubbering*

*sighs* "You've got two minutes, then I'm popping the portal and kicking you through it if I have to. In the mean-time, let's see if I can ward the place....."

Talking to the other mages arriving on the scene while having a look around the car

“Seems so, and looking at your bags I guess your new in town as well, huh?”

After talking to josh she responds to the man sprawled over the bonnet. “No idea sorry”

While doing this she has a quick check of the door handle to see if it’s locked and a peek through the window, curious as to who had parked in such a way to almost block access to the church.

The door is indeed locked.
The car lacks any convenient ways to identify the owner, and if tested, is also locked.

Josh took a long drag on his cig, he raised an eyebrow at the Girl who spoke to him. "Not really any of your business is it?" Josh moved up to the Truck, he looked around and picked up a rock, or a stone, a big piece of wood anything.

"Anyone in there?" he asked tossing the Stone in his hand up and catching it a few times. "If not I know how to move it."

The looks very expensive, and shiny. Breaking it is likely to set off an alarm or two, not to mention getting the owner angry.

*To those watching with their mage sights, a ward appears in the area around the door. Any attempts to open the door using space magic will probably be noticed*

XianTheCoder
2013-03-14, 07:32 AM
Active Spells:
-Space Armor +3
-Mage Sight
-Reciever

Spaceman and a newly awakened? I have to assume me and those other characters in the front of the building are the a****les he's talking about... the ones he want's to avoid. Let's see what we find Exor begins casting his own spells. He starts with a transmission that will travel back to where the others are standing and deliver a message, then he casts a portal leading inside the church from where he is standing.

The first spell is simply a spell that takes his spoken worrds and carries them the distance between himself and the other Mages, they will hear what he speaks as if he was standing next to them. The message he transmits is, "Wards are going up in less than 30 seconds, and the source of the pulse is gone in 90 seconds. Portal is around the [whatever direction Exor walked] side of the building, jump through to get in the church and back me up."

Exor then casts Portal which leads into the church and steps through.

Casting Rolls:

Transmission: Not sure the dice, Space 3, Forces 1... here's a bunch of rolls, use what you need.
[roll0]

Portal:
[roll1]

Seanfall
2013-03-14, 01:31 PM
Joshua, sighed inwardly as the message rang in his mind, he was about to drop the rock but thought better of it and quickly made his away around to were the 'portal' was. He had no reason to trust anything that man said, but...they were all drawn here by something and it was looking more and more likely that they were all Awakened as well.

Shrugging he decided to enter the portal and leave it to fate.

Spacewolf
2013-03-14, 03:05 PM
Not sensing any paradoxes occuring Laura quickly follows the Older mage around to join their portal summoning comrade in entering the church. She was getting rather curious as to what was going on inside the church and decided the risk was worth it, especially after walking all the way here from the station.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-14, 03:17 PM
Avatar lifts his eyebrow at the brazen display of Vulgar magic, but he does not object. If anything, he's impressed by the directness of these mages. He can also see his destiny strongly intertwined with the fates of the mages standing here. This was more than enough to overcome his reservations... but he wasn't going in without being ready.

Putting his hand up to stop anyone he says:

Wait. I'm all for charging in... But, we have no idea whats going on through that portal. At best there are rampant magical energies flying around. At worst... we could be dealing with the Abyss. Not to mention that we don't know eachother. I suggest you all make preparations before stepping though that portal.

And with that, he draws his energy inward, constructing an Imago of safety, of luck, and of fate, and shields himself in Fortune's Protection.

Then, grasping the pocket watch inside his jeans, he constructs the nessecary Rote Mudras to grant himself exceptional timing, and unnerving accuracy.

After that, he draws his knife and enters the portal.

Okay, in addition to my mage shield i'm casting Perfect Timing, which I have as a rote. The dice pool is Intelligence, Composure, and Time, which gives me 8 rolls.
Roll 1: 10
Roll 2: 8
Roll 3: 10
Roll 4: 2
Roll 5: 3
Roll 6: 5
Roll 7: 2
Roll 8: 1
10 Again 1: 10
10 Again 2: 1
10 Again 3: 10
10 Again 4: 6
That gives me 5 successes, which is 5 dice I can add to another roll at a later time.

Shadowy
2013-03-14, 03:35 PM
Active Spells:
-Space Armor +3
-Mage Sight
-Reciever

Spaceman and a newly awakened? I have to assume me and those other characters in the front of the building are the a****les he's talking about... the ones he want's to avoid. Let's see what we find Exor begins casting his own spells. He starts with a transmission that will travel back to where the others are standing and deliver a message, then he casts a portal leading inside the church from where he is standing.

The first spell is simply a spell that takes his spoken worrds and carries them the distance between himself and the other Mages, they will hear what he speaks as if he was standing next to them. The message he transmits is, "Wards are going up in less than 30 seconds, and the source of the pulse is gone in 90 seconds. Portal is around the [whatever direction Exor walked] side of the building, jump through to get in the church and back me up."

Exor then casts Portal which leads into the church and steps through.

Casting Rolls:

Transmission: Not sure the dice, Space 3, Forces 1... here's a bunch of rolls, use what you need.
[roll0]

Portal:
[roll1]

Through peering in the stained glass window, Exor is capable of forming a portal with no sympathic penalty, and no collateral damage. Paradox free, he walks into the church.

The church seems oddly pristise, to those without magic. To those with it, the flash of power it contained is rapidly draining away, and there are ephemeral remains on the floor.

A man in a buisness suit, tie, and with dark, greased hair was casting another ward before being interrupted by the appearance of the portal. He is standing near a man in a T-shirt and jeans, who looks terrified, and far out of his depth. They're both awakened.

The man in the buisness suit speaks with the appearance of the portal. "Oh ****."

The man in the green shirt and jeans screams at the appearance of a glowing silver portal near the stained glass window.
"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!"

"He's with me! Get the hell out of here!"

Joshua, sighed inwardly as the message rang in his mind, he was about to drop the rock but thought better of it and quickly made his away around to were the 'portal' was. He had no reason to trust anything that man said, but...they were all drawn here by something and it was looking more and more likely that they were all Awakened as well.

Shrugging he decided to enter the portal and leave it to fate.

The man in the buisness suit seems to lose confidence when another person steps through the portal. "Oh, jeez."

"Ahhhhhh!"

Not sensing any paradoxes occuring Laura quickly follows the Older mage around to join their portal summoning comrade in entering the church. She was getting rather curious as to what was going on inside the church and decided the risk was worth it, especially after walking all the way here from the station.

".....Can we talk this out?"

Avatar lifts his eyebrow at the brazen display of Vulgar magic, but he does not object. If anything, he's impressed by the directness of these mages. He can also see his destiny strongly intertwined with the fates of the mages standing here. This was more than enough to overcome his reservations... but he wasn't going in without being ready.

Putting his hand up to stop anyone he says:

Wait. I'm all for charging in... But, we have no idea whats going on through that portal. At best there are rampant magical energies flying around. At worst... we could be dealing with the Abyss. Not to mention that we don't know eachother. I suggest you all make preparations before stepping though that portal.

And with that, he draws his energy inward, constructing an Imago of safety, of luck, and of fate, and shields himself in Fortune's Protection.

Then, grasping the pocket watch inside his jeans, he constructs the nessecary Rote Mudras to grant himself exceptional timing, and unnerving accuracy.

After that, he draws his knife and enters the portal.

Okay, in addition to my mage shield i'm casting Perfect Timing, which I have as a rote. The dice pool is Intelligence, Composure, and Time, which gives me 8 rolls.
Roll 1: 10
Roll 2: 8
Roll 3: 10
Roll 4: 2
Roll 5: 3
Roll 6: 5
Roll 7: 2
Roll 8: 1
That gives me 3 successes, which is 3 die I can add to another roll at a later time.

"oh goshthat's a knife."

The man coughs, far from brimming with confidence at the appearance of four willworkers.

He lays a hand on the man in the T-shirt.

"I'm Silent, and this man is under the protection of the Paternoster ministry."

"ahhhh."

"So you can just put the knife down, please."

Spacewolf
2013-03-14, 04:39 PM
Holding up her hands at chest level to show she was unarmed Laura tries to quick talk the man as she moves slowly towards the man on the floor hopefully keeping the man distracted with a barrage of questions as she works to separate the two by interposing herself between the two without the suited man noticing.

"Sorry i've never heard of them are you a cabel around here? Why are you in the church? Did you cause the magic pulse that spread out from here before?"

If she manages to get close enough to the casually dressed mage she tries to get a feel for whats going on with him.

6 rolls i think for 3 Persuasion and 3 Manipulation- Fast talking
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

and a quick empathy roll on the mage on the floor if i can get close enough and there's time, book doesn't mention any other skills involved so i assume it's based straight off the empathy dots (2) if i need to make more rolls i'll do them OCC

Empathy roll
[roll6]
[roll7]

Shadowy
2013-03-14, 04:51 PM
Holding up her hands at chest level to show she was unarmed Laura tries to quick talk the man as she moves slowly towards the man on the floor hopefully keeping the man distracted with a barrage of questions as she works to separate the two by interposing herself between the two without the suited man noticing.

"Sorry i've never heard of them are you a cabel around here? Why are you in the church? Did you cause the magic pulse that spread out from here before?"

If she manages to get close enough to the casually dressed mage she tries to get a feel for whats going on with him.

6 rolls i think for 3 Persuasion and 3 Manipulation- Fast talking
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

and a quick empathy roll on the mage on the floor if i can get close enough and there's time, book doesn't mention any other skills involved so i assume it's based straight off the empathy dots (2) if i need to make more rolls i'll do them OCC

Empathy roll
[roll6]
[roll7]

"Back away!"

The man in the suit lets his nimbus flare. The area around Silent becomes hazy and undefined, the Lie warping somewhat.

He also moves closer to the man in the shirt.

"You crazed monsters. I'm from the Fist of the Exarch. A seer pylon! A big one! Let me go now, and I'll consider not setting the upstairs on you."

The casually dressed mage is moved behind the Seer slightly, still terrified and babbling.

"Omigod Omigod how is this happening why are you doing this how is that possible ahhhhhhh!"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-14, 04:58 PM
Exor ignores what the man is saying, and doesn't react to his fellow mages entering through his portal. He simply steps away from his portal and begins casting a ward around the two men.

Ward (Covert): Gnosis + Space = 4
[roll0]

watupwithdat
2013-03-14, 05:11 PM
Before and during the start of the talking inside:

The scrambling of the other awakened seemed almost amusing to Axe. Until a threat showed itself, he didn't see much point in panicing or rushing in.

But atleast he wasn't foolish. He took precautions. He'd not go unprepared, even though he probably could. The unprepared was the dead, he had learnt through his work.

Axe dismissed the spell that enabled him to see and talk to spirits and hardened his epidermis and dermis layers of skin, increasing his resilience, as he walked toward the portal that had been opened, but not stepping through it, instead just listening in from outside (if possible). He had no alliances to these willworkers, but as part of his order he was most likely supposed to protect them—reluctantly if forced to.

Dismissing Spirit Tongue.
Casting Organic Resilience which gives 3 armor.

Current continuity:

When Axe heard the threats of collapsing materiel, he drew his concealed firearm from under his jacket and prepared to step through the portal at first sign of violence.

Rotekian
2013-03-14, 07:00 PM
Agrippa rises from his position on the car and follows the others round to the portal. Heeding the advice given by a fellow mage, he improvises a defensive spell as best he is able before stepping through the portal.

On the other side he does his best to move off to the side to block off any remaining conventional exits.

Casting Untouchable (Gnosis 1 + Space 2)
[roll0]

Shadowy
2013-03-14, 08:22 PM
The seer opts to negotiate.
"Look, I don't want any fights or trouble. I just wanna take the guy here and go. None of your world-breaking bull****, kay?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-14, 09:21 PM
The seer opts to negotiate.
"Look, I don't want any fights or trouble. I just wanna take the guy here and go. None of your world-breaking bull****, kay?"

Perhaps it wasn't clear, but I don't care what you want.. Exor looks around the church making sure there is no one else here, when he's done he'll walk back towards the man, So why were you concerned and warning him about us a****les showing up?

xXBallackXx
2013-03-14, 10:28 PM
As the Seer converses with one of the other Awakened, Avatar feels his heart begin to pound, the blood rushing to his head. This was it. The chance to fight The Lie. However, as he prepared to **** his arm back and throw his knife he realized: this was not how to do it. Killing the Seer would be foolish. He would risk criminal investigations, as well as reprisal from his ministry. And Paternoster was not known to be kind. So he settled, deciding that it would be easier to curse him, detain him so that he could be dealt with in a less (overtly) violent way. And perhaps his captive might be saved. While the others are negotiating with him, Avatar grips the handle of his knife, channeling his energies through it. He goes to the Imago that has relentlessly been drilled into him, casting the Evil Eye upon the Seer.

Current Mana: 5/6
Casting Evil Eye Resolve+Athletics+Fate-Target's Composure(1/2/3) 6 rolls
Roll 1: 8
Roll 2: 4
Roll 3: 2
Roll 4: 4
Roll 5: 4
Roll 6: 2

Seanfall
2013-03-14, 11:12 PM
Josh just laughs out loud, "Hey seer, maybe the kid your trying to kidnap and brainwash has an opinion?" He finishes his cig, and puts the nub in his pocket, takes out another one and lights it with match that he drags across part of the church wall.

"Your probably wondering what's going on...well let me enlighten you a bit." Josh, no...Morty looks past the seer to the scared kid, to scared and too confused looking to be experienced. "Your Awakened, that means a lot of things, important thing right now is...your very valuable. That guy right there? The one trying to secret you away and win a pissing match only he's in? He's a seer, one of the Bad guys, in case the cheap suit and greasy hair wasn't enough of a hint. The seers are the whipped dogs of a bunch of pretender kings."

Morty leans against a wall, slowly and confidently smoking his cig. His entropic guard had been up for a while and he could still feel it's protective magics. "Go with him and you'll be a slave to gods you'll never meet, but...you can be more. You can be something greater than the seers will allow you to be. You can be a Mage."

Presence+Empathy (trying more to impress upon him what he and they are and less trying to talk him into something.)
[roll0]

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 06:01 AM
Perhaps it wasn't clear, but I don't care what you want.. Exor looks around the church making sure there is no one else here, when he's done he'll walk back towards the man, So why were you concerned and warning him about us a****les showing up?

"You literally opened a hole in space and charged through holding knives doesn't give it away?"

As the Seer converses with one of the other Awakened, Avatar feels his heart begin to pound, the blood rushing to his head. This was it. The chance to fight The Lie. However, as he prepared to **** his arm back and throw his knife he realized: this was not how to do it. Killing the Seer would be foolish. He would risk criminal investigations, as well as reprisal from his ministry. And Paternoster was not known to be kind. So he settled, deciding that it would be easier to curse him, detain him so that he could be dealt with in a less (overtly) violent way. And perhaps his captive might be saved. While the others are negotiating with him, Avatar grips the handle of his knife, channeling his energies through it. He goes to the Imago that has relentlessly been drilled into him, casting the Evil Eye upon the Seer.

Current Mana: 5/6
Casting Evil Eye Resolve+Athletics+Fate-Target's Composure(1/2/3) 6 rolls
Roll 1: 8
Roll 2: 4
Roll 3: 2
Roll 4: 4
Roll 5: 4
Roll 6: 2

Resist roll:
[roll0]
"...If you try anything like that one more time, I'm taking my chances with the paradox.

Josh just laughs out loud, "Hey seer, maybe the kid your trying to kidnap and brainwash has an opinion?" He finishes his cig, and puts the nub in his pocket, takes out another one and lights it with match that he drags across part of the church wall.

"Your probably wondering what's going on...well let me enlighten you a bit." Josh, no...Morty looks past the seer to the scared kid, to scared and too confused looking to be experienced. "Your Awakened, that means a lot of things, important thing right now is...your very valuable. That guy right there? The one trying to secret you away and win a pissing match only he's in? He's a seer, one of the Bad guys, in case the cheap suit and greasy hair wasn't enough of a hint. The seers are the whipped dogs of a bunch of pretender kings."

Morty leans against a wall, slowly and confidently smoking his cig. His entropic guard had been up for a while and he could still feel it's protective magics. "Go with him and you'll be a slave to gods you'll never meet, but...you can be more. You can be something greater than the seers will allow you to be. You can be a Mage."

Presence+Empathy (trying more to impress upon him what he and they are and less trying to talk him into something.)
[roll0]

The seer flinches, but stays quiet.

The casually dressed man is still wide-eyed and breathing heavily.

"A....A what? A how?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 08:22 AM
"You literally opened a hole in space and charged through holding knives doesn't give it away?"

To his companion, Exor will raise a hand to halt, There's no need to hostile actions, wards should do fine. We are simply talking here. Turning to Spaceman, But if you act stupid again, we WILL have a problem. Exor will stare at the man for a moment to let the threat sink in. Now... you knew we were coming, "going to come soon, and I don't think my car will keep them out for long", I believe is the direct quote. So... why were you concerned about our arrival? And while you are answering questions, where was your trip to?

Spacewolf
2013-03-15, 08:36 AM
"I think my associate with the school papers stick out of his bag is correct theres to much bad feeling here to let you take the other guy but if you just leave now. Then we won't have to get violent, don't you think thats the best idea? For you to get in your car an leave without the possibility of death."

Seanfall
2013-03-15, 12:00 PM
Morty smiled at the kid, "Same as how you do everything else, you learn. See that portal back there?" Morty pointed back the way they all came from, "You can learn to do that, or things like it depending on.." He thought for a moment..."You wrote your name somewhere didn't you...in a tower right? what did it look like?"

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 12:45 PM
To his companion, Exor will raise a hand to halt, There's no need to hostile actions, wards should do fine. We are simply talking here. Turning to Spaceman, But if you act stupid again, we WILL have a problem. Exor will stare at the man for a moment to let the threat sink in. Now... you knew we were coming, "going to come soon, and I don't think my car will keep them out for long", I believe is the direct quote. So... why were you concerned about our arrival? And while you are answering questions, where was your trip to?

Silent bites back a barb. He looks like he really wants to be insulting here.
He sighs
"I was just the first person on the scene here. The initiate has just been called by the Exarchs, and he managed to hit some kind of magical hotspot that caused a verge to form, and some spirit of smiting stepped through. I dealt with that. You're welcome. Since I knew that some of you Pentacle anarchists would probably be here soon, I'd blocked the door to try and keep sleepers out, and I wanted to get him away from your corrosive grasp."

"I think my associate with the school papers stick out of his bag is correct theres to much bad feeling here to let you take the other guy but if you just leave now. Then we won't have to get violent, don't you think thats the best idea? For you to get in your car an leave without the possibility of death."

The Seer glowers, looking protective of the man.
"I'm not going to let you make him just another bomb-thrower in your 'crusade' against reality."

Morty smiled at the kid, "Same as how you do everything else, you learn. See that portal back there?" Morty pointed back the way they all came from, "You can learn to do that, or things like it depending on.." He thought for a moment..."You wrote your name somewhere didn't you...in a tower right? what did it look like?"

"Th...There was just...I went to the church, but when I walked inside it was just like a rainforest, and I fought my way through the animals and they just....felt so real! There was a big stone watchtower and a big hooded figure and I signed my name, Malcolm Thomas to it and then I was back in the church with some.....thing staring at me, when Mr Silent burst in and...killed it? Then he told me about how I was chosen to be a god among mortals fighting the destruction of reality and then you did that with the teleport gate! Oh god!"

He's still freaking out, but being slightly more coherent.

The Seer addresses Thomas.

"Don't worry, I'll get you out of here. It'll be fine. Just stay cool."

Spacewolf
2013-03-15, 01:14 PM
Laura keeps quiet not having any evidence to counter the Seers claims even though she had always been taught that the seers encouraged paradoxes as a way to widen the rift. Instead she takes the time to size up their opponent.

Perception roll on the guy focusing on anything that might say what type of mage he was i.e. magic items
Wits 2 and composure 4 so 6 dice

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 01:32 PM
Silent bites back a barb. He looks like he really wants to be insulting here.
He sighs
"I was just the first person on the scene here. The initiate has just been called by the Exarchs, and he managed to hit some kind of magical hotspot that caused a verge to form, and some spirit of smiting stepped through. I dealt with that. You're welcome. Since I knew that some of you Pentacle anarchists would probably be here soon, I'd blocked the door to try and keep sleepers out, and I wanted to get him away from your corrosive grasp."
I would say Thank You, but I would rather it had dealt with you. As for Seers vs Pentacles, we can debate about our differing ideologies at a later date. For now, let's just assume you're a POW in the war, and like all great POW stories we are not at the chapter where you're forced to disclose your local comrades and capabilities... Name Rank and Serial Number please, and I am not interested in hearing about how Silent you are. We can all laugh about your ironic shadow name later.

The Seer glowers, looking protective of the man.
"I'm not going to let you make him just another bomb-thrower in your 'crusade' against reality."
I guess that resolves that issue.

Seanfall
2013-03-15, 01:33 PM
Morty raised an eyebrow at the seer, than kept talking to the new mage. "Don't listen to that snakes lies. The Exarchs are those pretender kings I mentioned." Morty took another drag on his cig. "See, mages use magic by drawing it from another world, The Supernal world, the sameone your soul visited when you wrote your name upon the Stone Book you wrote your name in the stuff of a higher plane, and by doing so you have Awoken." Morty took a step towards him.

"But when we draw upon our magic it passes threw this chasm, called the Abyss. Probably were that creature came from when you awoken, this Abyss causes paradoxes which messes up our magic. The seers like this guy don't care. About that really, if you go with him you'll be the BOMB THROWER." Morty finishes his cig and puts it in his pocket with the other dead one. "He was rather quick on the scene wasn't he? So where we true, but...how did he beat us here by a such a wide margin...think about it. Have you felt like you were being watched the past few days? Followed perhaps? This guy could have been hunting you for a while. OH and did he mention NOT to use your real name? That's a bad idea for willworkers like us."

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 02:05 PM
I would say Thank You, but I would rather it had dealt with you. As for Seers vs Pentacles, we can debate about our differing ideologies at a later date. For now, let's just assume you're a POW in the war, and like all great POW stories we are not at the chapter where you're forced to disclose your local comrades and capabilities... Name Rank and Serial Number please, and I am not interested in hearing about how Silent you are. We can all laugh about your ironic shadow name later.

I guess that resolves that issue.

The seer grimaces.
"You've heard my name and ministry. Telling you about my pylon would get me killed, and I'd deserve it. And how do you intend to keep me as a prisoner of war in a church? Which is probably attracting other awakened right now? Wanna play chicken to see who shows up first? Seer, Pentacle, or hunter?"

Morty raised an eyebrow at the seer, than kept talking to the new mage. "Don't listen to that snakes lies. The Exarchs are those pretender kings I mentioned." Morty took another drag on his cig. "See, mages use magic by drawing it from another world, The Supernal world, the sameone your soul visited when you wrote your name upon the Stone Book you wrote your name in the stuff of a higher plane, and by doing so you have Awoken." Morty took a step towards him.

"But when we draw upon our magic it passes threw this chasm, called the Abyss. Probably were that creature came from when you awoken, this Abyss causes paradoxes which messes up our magic. The seers like this guy don't care. About that really, if you go with him you'll be the BOMB THROWER." Morty finishes his cig and puts it in his pocket with the other dead one. "He was rather quick on the scene wasn't he? So where we true, but...how did he beat us here by a such a wide margin...think about it. Have you felt like you were being watched the past few days? Followed perhaps? This guy could have been hunting you for a while. OH and did he mention NOT to use your real name? That's a bad idea for willworkers like us."

"Um. ......Ok."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 02:15 PM
The seer grimaces.
"You've heard my name and ministry. Telling you about my pylon would get me killed, and I'd deserve it. And how do you intend to keep me as a prisoner of war in a church? Which is probably attracting other awakened right now? Wanna play chicken to see who shows up first? Seer, Pentacle, or hunter?"

Yes. Do you? With a smile that never touches his eyes, Exor will take a seat in one of the pews. We already have the numbers, I'm willing to chance that there will be more of us than you once anyone who's coming has arrived. Exor puts his foot up on the back of the pew in front of him. But I'm a gambling man.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-15, 02:28 PM
Yes. Do you? With a smile that never touches his eyes, Exor will take a seat in one of the pews. We already have the numbers, I'm willing to chance that there will be more of us than you once anyone who's coming has arrived. Exor puts his foot up on the back of the pew in front of him. But I'm a gambling man.

As much as i'd hate to admit it... This scum might have a point. We're new here, we barely know each other... It might be best to resume this in a more private setting, one where we don't run the risk of a sleeper bumbling in

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 02:41 PM
As much as i'd hate to admit it... This scum might have a point. We're new here, we barely know each other... It might be best to resume this in a more private setting, one where we don't run the risk of a sleeper bumbling in

Note to self, these guys are NOT bluffers. Let's just hand him our journals and then give him all the time in the world to read them. Sigh. At least that guy taking to the wimp is sticking to his role and really selling our side, that's a job well done.Without taking his eyes off the Seer, I find a little risk and a ticking clock makes tongues wag faster. Exor doesn't move from the pew.

Spacewolf
2013-03-15, 02:45 PM
Laura joins in with the tactics meeting going on trying to keep her voice below what would be audible to the seer

"Well we could borrow his car keys and do it on the move but i think that might give the other guy the wrong impression of us as we would have to take him along with us. Plus we wouldn't know were to go after that.

So i think we should wait if the teacher was right when he said the guy was being watched at the moment the other seers don't have any reason to be rushing to his aid after all they probably think everythings gone smoothly, while our groups won't have been expecting this and will be coming to investigate the pulse just like we did. So should be the first on the scene.

Or we could split up half take the car and the seer, half take the scared guy for some coffee or something and wait for other mages to show up. But that would get rid of our main advantage in numbers, so yea not sure why i mentioned that option."

After outlining her thoughts she waits to see what the others would say, she wasn't sure how new these mages were but surely they had more experience with these things than her so she'd go with what they thought.

watupwithdat
2013-03-15, 03:06 PM
The conversation from within bored Axe. First a long buss ride and now this? Atleast the seer seemed to refrain from violence. And he was outnumbered. Axe holstered his drawn firearm and instead took up the role of lookout for other willworkers or sleepers that may crash the party. They were definately not the only ones who had noticed the wave before.

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 03:11 PM

"Someone might even notice your giant glowing signal to the abyss."
He gestures towards the portal.

Note to self, these guys are NOT bluffers. Let's just hand him our journals and then give him all the time in the world to read them. Sigh. At least that guy taking to the wimp is sticking to his role and really selling our side, that's a job well done.Without taking his eyes off the Seer, I find a little risk and a ticking clock makes tongues wag faster. Exor doesn't move from the pew.

"What more can I tell you? You can't exactly hope to just kidnap me, the rest of my pylon would notice that. I don't suppose any of you would be up for dueling as conflict resolution here? Can any of you serve as a third?"

It is not tradition to partake in the duel arcane with a clearly biased third. He's grasping at straws.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 03:20 PM
"Someone might even notice your giant glowing signal to the abyss."
He gestures towards the portal.
Exor tilts his head and smiles, giving the Seer a point, he then dispels the Portal.

"What more can I tell you? You can't exactly hope to just kidnap me, the rest of my pylon would notice that. I don't suppose any of you would be up for dueling as conflict resolution here? Can any of you serve as a third?"
With a smile Exor will lean forward, And if they did notice? How many would come? What would their names be? Which would you say is the biggest threat to us? Exor asks with amusement. No.. no one is coming are they? At least not from your side. So lets get on with the more important aspects of this conversation, tell us something that justifies us not killing you? I'm open minded, fielders choice of topics?

Does Exor get the impression that the Seer is stalling for time?

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 04:13 PM
Exor tilts his head and smiles, giving the Seer a point, he then dispels the Portal.

With a smile Exor will lean forward, And if they did notice? How many would come? What would their names be? Which would you say is the biggest threat to us? Exor asks with amusement. No.. no one is coming are they? At least not from your side. So lets get on with the more important aspects of this conversation, tell us something that justifies us not killing you? I'm open minded, fielders choice of topics?

Does Exor get the impression that the Seer is stalling for time?

He chuckles.
The fact that it's murder? That my corpse would be troublesome to dispose of? The fact that I stopped an enemy of the supernatural from learning of our little supernal existence?"

He doesn't seem to be stalling for time.

"How about the fact that if you let me go, I can give you one of the things a mage really needs? Information.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 04:20 PM
He chuckles.
The fact that it's murder? That my corpse would be troublesome to dispose of? The fact that I stopped an enemy of the supernatural from learning of our little supernal existence?"
Exor just chuckles at what he views as several feeble attempts to appeal to his moral compass, Clearly he doesn't know I made my sleeper living through extortion. H*ll, the annuities are still paying my bills.

"How about the fact that if you let me go, I can give you one of the things a mage really needs? Information.
Well since that's what I was asking for at the start I'm happy to see you've finally caught up to the conversation. Now talk.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-15, 04:21 PM
He chuckles.

He doesn't seem to be stalling for time.

This response piques Avatar's interest. He is visibly interested, and for the first time shifts from his overtly hostile stance.

Information. Really. What could you possibly have that would be of use to us? What could possibly entice us to let you go?

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 04:28 PM
This response piques Avatar's interest. He is visibly interested, and for the first time shifts from his overtly hostile stance.

Information. Really. What could you possibly have that would be of use to us? What could possibly entice us to let you go?

"There are multiple seer pylons, several from different ministries working within this town. Now, I can see that you're new here, so I expect things like dossiers on the makeup of some pylons, their abilities, and any interesting magical items they have at their disposal could be useful to you. I'm interested in seeing some of these pylons fall. Probably even more then you are. Imagine what the pentacle would think of you for bringing that to light. Heck, if that's not enough I could throw in the truck outside. I can get a new one, it's no big deal."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 05:45 PM
"There are multiple seer pylons, several from different ministries working within this town. Now, I can see that you're new here, so I expect things like dossiers on the makeup of some pylons, their abilities, and any interesting magical items they have at their disposal could be useful to you. I'm interested in seeing some of these pylons fall. Probably even more then you are. Imagine what the pentacle would think of you for bringing that to light. Heck, if that's not enough I could throw in the truck outside. I can get a new one, it's no big deal."

Exor smiles and nods as the seer clings to desperation, Since you're finally starting to talk lets talk about you for a second. How competent are you with Prime Arcana usage? Let me say upfront, it will be a lot more beneficial for you if your answer is positive, if your answer is negative I hope you have a Prime wielding friend that owes you a favor. THEN we can talk about your ideological friends.

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 05:48 PM
Exor smiles and nods as the seer clings to desperation, Since you're finally starting to talk lets talk about you for a second. How competent are you with Prime Arcana usage? Let me say upfront, it will be a lot more beneficial for you if your answer is positive, if your answer is negative I hope you have a Prime wielding friend that owes you a favor. THEN we can talk about your ideological friends.

He narrows his eyes at Exor

"What reason do you have for that little demand?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 05:55 PM
He narrows his eyes at Exor
"What reason do you have for that little demand?"
If you're smart you should already suspect. We are discussing the sharing of information after all.. Exor will smile slyly.Anything you tell us could be garbage, lies, or a trap. You came here and lost the battle and as result penalties must be paid. We'll accept your bribe, but we demand a grimoire. That's the price of your life. Payment for your freedom will be files on other Seers, as you already offered. Times running out, so I suggest you make a decision.. Exor will say the second half coldly, finally standing and locating his bag. He rummages through and pulls out a hardcover notebook. Walking up to the seer, he thrusts it into his hand, If it doesn't work when you're done, that knife you saw earlier goes in your eye.. Exor will step back and watch him.

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 06:47 PM
If you're smart you should already suspect. We are discussing the sharing of information after all.. Exor will smile slyly.Anything you tell us could be garbage, lies, or a trap. You came here and lost the battle and as result penalties must be paid. We'll accept your bribe, but we demand a grimoire. That's the price of your life. Payment for your freedom will be files on other Seers, as you already offered. Times running out, so I suggest you make a decision.. Exor will say the second half coldly, finally standing and locating his bag. He rummages through and pulls out a hardcover notebook. Walking up to the seer, he thrusts it into his hand, If it doesn't work when you're done, that knife you saw earlier goes in your eye.. Exor will step back and watch him.

He sighs
"That's...agreeable. Barely. It depends on the grimoire. I don't know enough prime to make one right now. Even if I did, it'd take me hours. But if you name one that's easy enough for me to get my hands on, I can send it with the other stuff."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 07:57 PM
He sighs
"That's...agreeable. Barely. It depends on the grimoire. I don't know enough prime to make one right now. Even if I did, it'd take me hours. But if you name one that's easy enough for me to get my hands on, I can send it with the other stuff."
Scrying.... You are a spaceman, correct? Or something comparable. Turning to the rest of the group, Who wants to bind him to his oath to deliver the grimoire and accurate files on other local Seers?

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 07:58 PM
Scrying.... You are a spaceman, correct? Or something comparable. Turning to the rest of the group, Who wants to bind him to his oath to deliver the grimoire and accurate files on other local Seers?

"Spaceman? What are you, twelve? The term is mastigos, you blithering twit."

Spacewolf
2013-03-15, 08:43 PM
“Let’s see for a binding oath how about.

I promise to divulge all knowledge of all other pylons in the area except my own except in cases where it would be harmful to any mage standing in front of me or their allies to keep that information secret. I also stake my magic on all this information being correct and not misleading in anyway.

Can any of you guys think of any loop holes in that which could be exploited? “

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 08:48 PM
“Let’s see for a binding oath how about.

I promise to divulge all knowledge of all other pylons in the area except my own except in cases where it would be harmful to any mage standing in front of me or their allies to keep that information secret. I also stake my magic on all this information being correct and not misleading in anyway.

Can any of you guys think of any loop holes in that which could be exploited? “

"Some plyons. Not all of them. There's a difference between throwing you at my enemies and my allies."

Spacewolf
2013-03-15, 09:33 PM
"Remember if you keep arguing then the chances of our allys getting here increases and i doubt they will be as kind to a Seer as we are being, infact i hate to think what would happen to you if they showed up while we where still discussing the best way to bind you to an oath."

Not really intimidation just letting the guy think up his own outcomes from being captured.

Seanfall
2013-03-15, 09:41 PM
Morty snaps back to attention a the convo the others are having. "Hold on stop the love fest, first." Morty points to the seer, "I hate to say this but I gotta agree with him...spaceman is a dumbass thing to call a Mastigos. Second are we actually considering letting the seer leave with the kid? You know what'll happen to him." Morty didn't care about many things...but when it came to education and newborn mages he had some strong feelings. "I'm fine with letting the seer walk away to avoid a fight, but not with the kid...unless he chooses."

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 09:44 PM
Morty snaps back to attention a the convo the others are having. "Hold on stop the love fest, first." Morty points to the seer, "I hate to say this but I gotta agree with him...spaceman is a dumbass thing to call a Mastigos. Second are we actually considering letting the seer leave with the kid? You know what'll happen to him." Morty didn't care about many things...but when it came to education and newborn mages he had some strong feelings. "I'm fine with letting the seer walk away to avoid a fight, but not with the kid...unless he chooses."

"Can I just...like....go? I don't really wanna fight anyone..."

Seanfall
2013-03-15, 09:45 PM
"We're not gonna fight, it seems the others want to negotiate peacefully."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 09:48 PM
"Spaceman? What are you, twelve? The term is mastigos, you blithering twit."

Exor suppresses a smile, Thats it, keep feeding me!You mouth off like that again and the cost of your life increases to two grimoires. Lets keep civil tongues or you might find out what a twelve year old temper tantrum is like when the twelve year old can remake reality. Some is fine. As for the oath, we need to add a section that keeps him from talking to others about the oath and stop him from attempting to dispel the oath.

Exor sighs internally, Well forget the compliments I paid that one earlier... Idiot! You don't mention he's not leaving with the wimp until AFTER he swears the oath. Now how do I fix this???

The kid makes up his own mind in the end, regardless who finds him. For now he's leaving with whoever makes the best pitch to him.. Which of course is us, else they die together.

Spacewolf
2013-03-15, 09:52 PM
"Should probably put something in there to stop him from attacking us as well as one stopping him describing the nervous guy to anyone else, attempting to contact him or open a portal to him to let others through to him"

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 09:56 PM
Exor suppresses a smile, Thats it, keep feeding me!You mouth off like that again and the cost of your life increases to two grimoires. Lets keep civil tongues or you might find out what a twelve year old temper tantrum is like when the twelve year old can remake reality. Some is fine. As for the oath, we need to add a section that keeps him from talking to others about the oath and stop him from attempting to dispel the oath.

"Civil tongues, blasphemous minds, bloody hands."

He sighs.

"I, by my shadow name Silent, do swear by the exarch of ruin to obey the terms of this oath. In exchange for being allowed to walk away, unharmed, I will provide you will complete and accurate information on no less then three seer pylons operating in the town of Goodsprings, delivered to a place of your choice within no less then three days. In addition, I will provide a grimoire to teach you the seer rote of scrying, the keys and legal ownership of the truck outside, and will not seek any way to dispel this oath, nor will I talk to anyone about it. I will not speak of the events in this church to anyone who could be considered my ally. I will cause no harm to you so long as this oath lasts. If I disobey this oath, may I fall into the exarchs entropy.

He looks at the group questioningly, seeing if that was enough.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 10:10 PM
"Civil tongues, blasphemous minds, bloody hands."

He sighs.

"I, by my shadow name Silent, do swear by the exarch of ruin to obey the terms of this oath. In exchange for being allowed to walk away, unharmed, I will provide you will complete and accurate information on no less then three seer pylons operating in the town of Goodsprings, delivered to a place of your choice within no less then three days. In addition, I will provide a grimoire to teach you the seer rote of scrying, the keys and legal ownership of the truck outside, and will not seek any way to dispel this oath, nor will I talk to anyone about it. I will not speak of the events in this church to anyone who could be considered my ally. I will cause no harm to you so long as this oath lasts. If I disobey this oath, may I fall into the exarchs entropy.

He looks at the group questioningly, seeing if that was enough.

Exor smiles, Its too bad he's on the wrong side, I'm liking this guy more by the minute. It will be sad when I kill him.

Exor spends another willpower to help bind the oath.

Roll: [roll0]
Mods: [roll1]

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 10:27 PM
Exor smiles, Its too bad he's on the wrong side, I'm liking this guy more by the minute. It will be sad when I kill him.

Exor spends another willpower to help bind the oath.

Roll: [roll0]

Silent stretches, as the spell takes effect, sanctifying the oath.

He takes the keys out of his pocket and tosses them at the nearest person.
He then pulls out a pair of buisness cards. They've got the picture of the the seer throne on one side.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070428024761/whitewolf/images/c/c5/LogoOrderSeersoftheThrone.png

On the otherside is a phone number, and the word "Silent".
He gives one of the buisness cards to Exor, and the other to Thomas.

"You'll both need those."

He then takes a seat on a nearby pew, and waits for the door to become unblocked somehow.

"Be quick. I'll make my own way out after you're gone."

xXBallackXx
2013-03-15, 10:31 PM
Avatar grabs the keys out of the air, making his way towards the door. He wasn't happy about the results of the situation, but he was happy about avoiding a brawl.

[COLOR="Blue"]Let's get out of here.

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 10:39 PM
Avatar wasn't happy about the proceedings, he wasn't happy that they were willing to just sell this newly Awakened down the river... But he was glad that there was no fighting, no fireworks involved.

Avatar steps toward the Seer,holding his hand out:
[COLOR="Blue"]Give me the keys, Scum. And get out before I decide to renig on the deal.COLOR]

He tosses the keys to Avatar.

"Door is blocked. Figure out a way around that, would you? I've got nothing."

xXBallackXx
2013-03-15, 10:47 PM
Is there a back way out of here?

XianTheCoder
2013-03-15, 10:47 PM
Exor takes the business card, and casts a portal for his companion to step through and move the car. Exor will wait and be the last one out of the church (and that's when he'll lift the ward off the seer).

Portal: [roll0]

xXBallackXx
2013-03-15, 10:53 PM
Nodding his thanks at his newfound ally, Avatar goes to step through the portal. Before he does, he turns back and says:

If anyone needs a lift, just follow me.

With that, he steps through and into the drivers seat of the car.

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 11:08 PM
Exor takes the business card, and casts a portal for his companion to step through and move the car. Exor will wait and be the last one out of the church (and that's when he'll lift the ward off the seer).

Portal: [roll0]

Small cuts appear on Exor as he casts the spell, saving reality from experiencing a paradox.

Thomas looks around.
"So, I'm coming with you guys? You're not just gonna let me go back to my life?"

Spacewolf
2013-03-15, 11:09 PM
"Well to be honest i think it would be best if you came with us at least for now once we've explained everything to you we'll let you decide what you want to to but there are things you really need to hear before making that decision. Alright?"

I have no idea what sort of persuasion roll this is so going to roll Presence 2+ Manipulation 3 since that seems to cover most of them
[roll0]

After that she follows Avatar though the portal.

Shadowy
2013-03-15, 11:13 PM
"Well to be honest i think it would be best if you came with us at least for now once we've explained everything to you we'll let you decide what you want to to but there are things you really need to hear before making that decision. Alright?"

I have no idea what sort of persuasion roll this is so going to roll Presence 2+ Manipulation 3 since that seems to cover most of them
[roll0]

"Oh god....fine...."
He resigns himself to accompanying you. Since he really doesn't have any other choice.

Seanfall
2013-03-15, 11:47 PM
"That's the spirit." Morty then follows Avatar, through his portal into the truck. "I feel I was the lynchpin that deal." He smirks, and lights up another cigarette.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-16, 09:33 AM
As the last of his companions step through the portal Exor will lift the Ward off Silent. He will meet his eyes and nod at him, Take care Silent, we will speak soon. There is no tone of condescension or antagonism, Exor means what he says having once again succeeded in blackmailing someone Exor is feeling good but also exhausted. He will then step through the portal letting it close behind him, then he walks to the car. Before getting in Exor quickly walks around the car feeling for any tracking or transmissions frequencies. If he finds something he will try and quickly remove it, once removed or if he finds none he will get in the car, Who's hungry? I think we should sit down and get better acquainted with each other, and I know I would do that better with something in my stomach.

Check for Bugs: [roll0]

Shadowy
2013-03-16, 09:38 AM
As the last of his companions step through the portal Exor will lift the Ward off Silent. He will meet his eyes and nod at him, Take care Silent, we will speak soon. There is no tone of condescension or antagonism, Exor means what he says having once again succeeded in blackmailing someone Exor is feeling good but also exhausted. He will then step through the portal letting it close behind him, then he walks to the car. Before getting in Exor quickly walks around the car feeling for any tracking or transmissions frequencies. If he finds something he will try and quickly remove it, once removed or if he finds none he will get in the car, Who's hungry? I think we should sit down and get better acquainted with each other, and I know I would do that better with something in my stomach.

Check for Bugs: [roll0]

He seems weary.
"Just call the number and give me a dead drop in two days time."

*There are no bugs in the car that you find. It's not even magically enchanted. One notable thing is that the deed is in the glove compartment. Apparently, this was bought earlier today.*

Thomas fidgets slightly.
"There's a burger joint just around the corner?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-16, 09:59 AM
Thomas fidgets slightly.
"There's a burger joint just around the corner?"
Exor nods, That works for me. Thomas is it? You can call me 'Exor' as I think you were told that's not my real name, but my shadow name. You will never know my real name and I suggest you quickly decide on a shadow name yourself, there is power in knowing someone's real name, and I strongly recommend you don't willingly give others power over you. As you might have guessed I specialize in controlling situations, as I did back there with our new friend. Since you are new I will give you the broad strokes of what just happened. Our new friend has been magically bound to an oath that requires him to provide us with something that heightens our status within our organization, he also has to provide us with information that hurts his organization and further provides us with status within our organization. That's your first lesson on what happens in our world when you lose control, leverage, and power. Make no mistake, you chose to leave with the correct side. Any questions up to this point?

xXBallackXx
2013-03-16, 10:24 AM
Avatar starts the engine up, shifting the car into drive, and heads for the burger joint around the corner. While doing so, he addresses Thomas:

"Thomas, you can call me Avatar. My new friend Exor here was right... Silent plays for the wrong side. He, and the other Seer groups known as 'pylons' work to prevent other human beings from what we call Awakening-learning to use magic. They do this a variety of ways... But it seems that Silent uses false religion to ground humans into this earthly cage, what we affectionately like to cap 'The Lie' or 'The Fallen World'

Spacewolf
2013-03-16, 11:28 AM
"Yea it might not seem like it at the moment with the blackmail and threats but we do try to do good. Usually by keeping an eye on newly awakened and dealing with any demons or whatever you want to call them from the abyss. Anyway nice to meet you all i'm Avalon"

watupwithdat
2013-03-16, 12:56 PM
Since the portal closed Axe had been able to hear parts of the conversations going on inside through the nearby window. He had understood the gist of it, atleast. And he had seen nothing or no one outside lurking about.

When they all came out from the church from another portal and they had evidently claimed the car as their own. Atleast someone of them had the car keys. There was also this Thomas with them. Axe stared him down, trying to get a grasp of what kind of person he was. He hadn't seen him before now being outside the church.

The rest introducing themself prompted him to introduce himself too. "Axe here." he said casually, assuming they understood he was refering to his shadow name and not some axe laying around on the ground.

Shadowy
2013-03-16, 04:59 PM
*And so, they went*

Everyone had gone to a nearby burger place. The truck only seated four, so going further was somewhat impractical. The group claimed a large table in a back corner, taking advantage of the lack of buisness to discuss magical matters.

The basics of magic were pressed into Thomas's head, about the nature of magic, cabals, basic ten arcana, the watchtowers, and the pentacle orders. He's promised to get a shadow name soon.

"So...who are you guys? What's your story?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-16, 06:26 PM
I don't believe we have a story yet, perhaps it's the start of one though.

Rotekian
2013-03-16, 07:01 PM
"You can call me Agrippa, I used to be an architect. I decided to move out here for a peaceful life. I can't say this has been the most peaceful of first days, so I guess that plan didn't work out so well. I'm a member of the Free Council. We're quite easy to spot, since we usually carry pieces of technology around."

Agrippa pauses to indicate his tablet.

"This is a magical tool, believe it or not. It also doubles as an aide for designing buildings that will never be built. Even if that life is over, I just couldn't stop myself from playing with designs.""

Spacewolf
2013-03-16, 08:09 PM
"Yea not much of a story for me yet either, i've only been awakened for a few months myself."

Seanfall
2013-03-16, 08:37 PM
"Morty, I teach chemistry...oh and I can talk to ghosts, raise the dead, and manipulate the gross matter of the natural world." Morty, reached for a cig...than remembered he was in a restaurant and put his hand back down he only had half a pack left by this point anyways. "I'm new in town too...at least living wise, I commuted for a while." Instead of smoking he takes a bite out of a rather greasy bacon cheeseburger with jalapenos and ketchup.

"I awoke back in...high school. But trying to get a career going slowed down my studies. I'm about as skilled in magic as any newly awakened." Taking a sip of his orange soda, he gives a small burp. "Found a new apartment, and now I run into a group of kids...I'm sure my fellows at the school would love to hear about this...already got rumors about me.." Wiping his hands he thinks and turns to the others. "Which reminds me...what order and paths are you guys from, Agrippa's Free council but the rest of you guys?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-16, 09:23 PM
Exor eats his turkey club with fries quietly, allowing the others to discuss the minutiae of awakened life. As I'm sure you have guessed, I awakened to the Path of Scourging, and align myself with the Visus Draconis.

watupwithdat
2013-03-16, 11:03 PM
Axe sat there and only half-listened to what people were telling about themselves. Some went surprisingly in-depth about themselves. That could be foolish, divulging too much. Information is power, or however the saying goes. he thought.

"I was expecting somewhat of an vacation from my work with the order being sent here, myself. It would seem that presumption was wrong, judging by the crap that's gone down already. The spirits here seems.. different." Though Axe wasn't too sure yet about what he said in regards to the spirits. He had yet not really managed to engage any for more than a sentence or two. He had to find out more later. Spirits always know. Why lay all his cards on the table right away. They could probably figure out what path he walked on sooner or later without him telling them. As for the order, who knew if they could.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-17, 01:28 AM
Avatar cleared his throat and began to speak. My shadow name is Avatar, it's not terribly hard to figure out why. I Awakened to the Watchtower of the Lungent Thorn. As for my order, I'm a member of the Adamantine Arrow. A combat mage, I work to defend the Wise from people like our friend Silent.

Shadowy
2013-03-17, 12:26 PM
Thomas listens to the group with interest, dipping his fries in ketchup and eating them.

"So, I can't use my real name? Should I just not use my name? What are people supposed to call me? And, like, what about everyone that already knows me?"

Suddenly, everyone's unseen senses flare. A spell was just cast.

The sharp-eyed will notice that the arrangement of Thomas's ketchup and fries has fallen in a very strange way. They now form an address, and time.
The address is at the southern end of town, and the time is half an hour from now.

Spacewolf
2013-03-17, 12:55 PM
"Well from now on you should use your real name as little as possible, and you can pick whatever you want fo your shadow name.

As to your friends and family, well unfortunatly there is a reason why most of us are new to the city. Past contacts can be used against you so most awakened try to distance themselves from any sleepers they knew. But in the end it's also upto you you should be careful if you decide to stay intouch since a small mistake can lead to their deaths just so someone can get to you."

Upon noticing the chips rearrange themselves Laura taps the edge of the plate to attract the newly Awakeneds attention.

"Looks like the other mages in the city have found us, they will be able to tell you more about how things are handled in the city"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-17, 01:10 PM
It's interesting how eager some of these mages are to walk into traps. A few fries get rearranged and it must be allies... Seers and Banishers obviously can't rearrange fries on a plate... Sigh... I'm going to have to keep this crew out of trouble.. Let's not get over zealous, we walk in carefully, we have no idea who these mages are that just reached out to us.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-17, 02:06 PM

I'm inclined to agree with Exor. We don't know who sent this message, why, or where we would be walking into. It could be Silent, it could be the local Consilium, it could be a pack of hungry Scelestci. We should scout it out before we go, develop avenues of egress if need be. We have to be very careful, especially with a newly Awakened in our midst.

Spacewolf
2013-03-17, 03:15 PM
"Hmm, well let me pick up a big bottle of coke or water to give me some options if it comes to a fight. Morty i don't suppose you have a lighter i could use do you?"

watupwithdat
2013-03-17, 08:25 PM
"I'm pretty sure there's any number of stores selling lighters just around the corner, mate." Axe said with a raised eyebrow. The message in the food was less of a concern at this moment. They'd know in half an hour. He was ready now and he'd be ready then. He was probably the most capable among them in a fight anyway.

Rotekian
2013-03-17, 08:37 PM
"Given the fortuitous timing with which we met, it doesn't seem much of a stretch to the believe that the person who sent us that message is more likely to be friendly than not. Still there are no guarantees I suppose."

Agrippa sighed, thinking about the car and wondering how familiar Silent really was with it. It would be be unfortunate if it was used to track the group's movements.

"How far away is this meeting point anyway? It is looking like we'll need another vehicle just to carry us all."

Having asked the question about distance, Agrippa tried to answer it for himself by pulling up a map of the city on his tablet.

Shadowy
2013-03-17, 08:42 PM
"Given the fortuitous timing with which we met, it doesn't seem much of a stretch to the believe that the person who sent us that message is more likely to be friendly than not. Still there are no guarantees I suppose."

Agrippa sighed, thinking about the car and wondering how familiar Silent really was with it. It would be be unfortunate if it was used to track the group's movements.

"How far away is this meeting point anyway? It is looking like we'll need another vehicle just to carry us all."

Having asked the question about distance, Agrippa tried to answer it for himself by pulling up a map of the city on his tablet.

It is possible to walk the distance within the timeframe. Possibly to even just take the truck there, drop off three people, and come back for more.

The address is in a less urbanized part of town, in a very upper-class neighborhood.

Spacewolf
2013-03-17, 09:00 PM
Picking out a few bucks Laura buys a lighter and a 2 litre bottle of coke just incase things turned violent.
"I dunno something wierd is going on Probably shouldn't be to sure of anything until we can get more information. Anybody else need anything before we head off? Or am I the only one lacking in offensive skills"

Seanfall
2013-03-17, 09:40 PM
Morty smirked. "Well if you have any knives or anything I can make them a little stronger, change the metal in it...stuff like that. Being in the public school system you'd think I'd have more combat training huh?" Morty looked down at the fries and ketchup, How come messages never come from seductive women anymore? No now we use greasy fires and day old ketchup.

Grabbing up his bag he cracks his neck, "I agree that we need to be careful, maybe someone has a 'friend' they can send to check it out? Scout the area?" Thinking for a moment he looked down at his bag and the papers therein. Oh well...most of them probably failed anyways...not exactly a banner crop this year.

"Though...I get the odd feeling it's from others of the Pentacle. A group of out towners all meeting eachother at the same church, all being called to the same place. Someone's hitting the fate button pretty damn hard if you ask me."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-17, 09:55 PM
Exor listens and is pleased that the majority agree with him that caution needs to be exhibited. He continues to take note as each speaks categorizing their strengths and weaknesses. At least we have one Mageclaiming some combat prowess. I believe we should begin making our way there. Perhaps someone adept at speaking to Spirits can attempt to gather intel on the location through them? Agrippa perhaps you can check the city's registry of deeds and google street viewer to learn what you can about the location, specifically what type of building and various entry points exist at the address. Wounded, short on Mana, and having burned a tremendous amount of mental energy in their last encounter Exor was not excited about being the point man in this next encounter. He has already had entirely too much face time with other Mages, which in his experience was never a good thing.

watupwithdat
2013-03-18, 12:49 AM
"Assuming there are any cooperative spirits that is? It's not like most of them are as talkative as you make it sound like. Most of the time you'll be happy to get a sentence out of 'em." The others could probably hear the frustration that simmered under the surface as Axe spoke about how it could be working with spirits. Oh, the joys of not being proficient enough in an arcanum to just take control.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-18, 01:20 AM
Avatar nods his assent. This ad-hoc little group was finally thinking its way through its problems. Perhaps they could get through this little encounter with the Seer, bring Thomas into the Consilium, and enter on an esteemed note.

Even if they're friendly, Consilium mages it helps to approach the situation with a healthy defense... It speaks more of our forethought and planning. I'll see if I can't glance ahead, see what the future holds for us.

Avatar closes his eyes, and targeting Exor sitting across from him, begins to draw up the Imago to cast Augury, attempting to look forward into the future and ask:

Will Exor be in combat in the near-future?

Casting Augury, asking above question about Exor. Gnosis + Arcanum (1/Time 2)
[roll0]

Shadowy
2013-03-18, 05:46 AM
Avatar nods his assent. This ad-hoc little group was finally thinking its way through its problems. Perhaps they could get through this little encounter with the Seer, bring Thomas into the Consilium, and enter on an esteemed note.

Even if they're friendly, Consilium mages it helps to approach the situation with a healthy defense... It speaks more of our forethought and planning. I'll see if I can't glance ahead, see what the future holds for us.

Avatar closes his eyes, and targeting Exor sitting across from him, begins to draw up the Imago to cast Augury, attempting to look forward into the future and ask:

Will Exor be in combat in the near-future?

Casting Augury, asking above question about Exor. Gnosis + Arcanum (1/Time 2)
[roll0]

*The odds are low*

XianTheCoder
2013-03-18, 07:46 AM
"Assuming there are any cooperative spirits that is? It's not like most of them are as talkative as you make it sound like. Most of the time you'll be happy to get a sentence out of 'em." The others could probably hear the frustration that simmered under the surface as Axe spoke about how it could be working with spirits. Oh, the joys of not being proficient enough in an arcanum to just take control.

Well you won't know until you try, will you? There is nothing worse than someone who comes to a conclusion before doing the research, so why don't you buck up and give it a whirl. Maybe these spirits will find you more pleasant than the ones in your last locale. Not very likely...

Exor points at Avatar while looking at Axe, There's a good example for you to follow, our friend Avatar could have said, 'The future is too fluid making it impossible to accurately judge', but instead he's making an attempt and we'll see if it yields something useful. If not, fine, but at least he's doing something other than whine. Exor speaks in a firm clear voice that clearly indicates he doesn't like or respect the response from Axe. It's also clear that Exor doesn't plan on having further discussion with Axe about it, as he turns his face away and looks to the others. Morty, perhaps you want to give it a try once we get closer to the building since Axe doesn't feel comfortable enough to try.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-18, 08:17 AM
Well you won't know until you try, will you? There is nothing worse than someone who comes to a conclusion before doing the research, so why don't you buck up and give it a whirl. Maybe these spirits will find you more pleasant than the ones in your last locale. Not very likely...

Exor points at Avatar while looking at Axe, There's a good example for you to follow, our friend Avatar could have said, 'The future is too fluid making it impossible to accurately judge', but instead he's making an attempt and we'll see if it yields something useful. If not, fine, but at least he's doing something other than whine. Exor speaks in a firm clear voice that clearly indicates he doesn't like or respect the response from Axe. It's also clear that Exor doesn't plan on having further discussion with Axe about it, as he turns his face away and looks to the others. Morty, perhaps you want to give it a try once we get closer to the building since Axe doesn't feel comfortable enough to try.

Avatar opens his eyes with a light smile, feeling the waves of Supernal energy wash away. It was enjoyable simply to manipulate the energies, and get a connection, however fleeting, to the realm of Arcadia. Upon noticing the rising tensions, he raises his hands in a placating gesture.

Now, everyone, lets all relax. We're all in am unenviable situation, in a new city, with unseen forces swirling about... As well as relying on total strangers. Petty disagreements won't do. Now I've peered forward in time... And as inscrutable and mercurial time is, it appears that we at least won't have our throats slit when we go to the meeting. We should still however, exercise caution. Is anyone capable of scrying?

Spacewolf
2013-03-18, 09:09 AM
Piping up to try and continue Avatars attempts to get everyone to relax.

"I can scry but I carn't do it to somewhere i've never seen however I could try summoning a ghost, I wouldn't be able to control it but from what I've heard it's easier to get a ghost to help you than a spirit.

Either way though I don't think thats going to help much. If we send a ghost to scope the place out then someone could just control it and if we scry the place then someone could attack us though the window we opened.

The safest way might be the mundane way. we get as close as we can in the Truck and manually inspect the house."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-18, 11:55 AM
Is anyone capable of scrying?[/COLOR]
Exor appears not to notice whatever tensions and disagreements the others are talking about. The sympathetic connection is too weak for me to effectively Scrye the address, perhaps if we get within visual range of the location I may have a little more luck. However, that will change once I get my hands on Silent's Grimoire. While the topic of the truck has been brought up, let's discuss it for a moment. We have come into questionable ownership of a vehicle for which we have the title, but lack insurance, valid registration, and a paper trail leading back to us, Silent obviously didn't sign the back of the title. I don't know what the laws are here, but in many states you can't take possessional of a vehicle without valid insurance and DMV registration. We also don't know specifically that the vehicle hasn't been tampered with in it anyway. I think the prudent course of action is to leave the vehicle here for the time being. We can do our due dilligence on the vehicle and once we are positive that we can attain the correct legal paperwork and we are confident that there is nothing suspicious about the truck we can return for it. If the process extends over several days we can return and move the truck occassionally so we don't chance it getting towed. Exor motions to the waiter/waitress to bring the check. Back to the topic of the meeting, we should probably get going. Let's stop at a store on the way and I'll purchase a couple prepaid phones. Let's have a cab drop me off a few streets away, I'll scope out the building and report back, I'm fairly adept at recon tasks. If someone else has similar skills then I suggest they come from the opposite direction as me. Once we give the 'all clear' the rest of you can enter. I suggest someone stays out front as lookout until we are sure we are with friends, and they should probably keep the newbie with them. Once the check comes, Exor will pull out a few bills from his pocketand pay for everyone, leaving a very decent sized tip. He will then stand and asks the hostess to call them 2 cabs.

Shadowy
2013-03-18, 12:41 PM
Exor appears not to notice whatever tensions and disagreements the others are talking about. The sympathetic connection is too weak for me to effectively Scrye the address, perhaps if we get within visual range of the location I may have a little more luck. However, that will change once I get my hands on Silent's Grimoire. While the topic of the truck has been brought up, let's discuss it for a moment. We have come into questionable ownership of a vehicle for which we have the title, but lack insurance, valid registration, and a paper trail leading back to us, Silent obviously didn't sign the back of the title. I don't know what the laws are here, but in many states you can't take possessional of a vehicle without valid insurance and DMV registration. We also don't know specifically that the vehicle hasn't been tampered with in it anyway. I think the prudent course of action is to leave the vehicle here for the time being. We can do our due dilligence on the vehicle and once we are positive that we can attain the correct legal paperwork and we are confident that there is nothing suspicious about the truck we can return for it. If the process extends over several days we can return and move the truck occassionally so we don't chance it getting towed. Exor motions to the waiter/waitress to bring the check. Back to the topic of the meeting, we should probably get going. Let's stop at a store on the way and I'll purchase a couple prepaid phones. Let's have a cab drop me off a few streets away, I'll scope out the building and report back, I'm fairly adept at recon tasks. If someone else has similar skills then I suggest they come from the opposite direction as me. Once we give the 'all clear' the rest of you can enter. I suggest someone stays out front as lookout until we are sure we are with friends, and they should probably keep the newbie with them. Once the check comes, Exor will pull out a few bills from his pocketand pay for everyone, leaving a very decent sized tip. He will then stand and asks the hostess to call them 2 cabs.

*The hostess complies, and quite soon, a pair of taxis show up.*

One is driven by a surly and shiftless man with graying hair, and the other by a young, fresh college-age kid.

"Where to?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-18, 01:07 PM
"Where to?"

The closest [Store that's local that sells prepaid mobile phones], then I will be getting dropped off at the corner of [give streets that are close to the address according to a google map that Exor finds using his cellphone]. My friends will be going a few blocks further. To his companions, Just give me enough time to run over there and scope it out, 10 minutes tops.

Once they get the phones, Exor will write the numbers down for everyone, give one to whoever wants one, and he'll take one.

Shadowy
2013-03-18, 01:56 PM
The closest [Store that's local that sells prepaid mobile phones], then I will be getting dropped off at the corner of [give streets that are close to the address according to a google map that Exor finds using his cellphone]. My friends will be going a few blocks further. To his companions, Just give me enough time to run over there and scope it out, 10 minutes tops.

Once they get the phones, Exor will write the numbers down for everyone, give one to whoever wants one, and he'll take one.

The young man smiles happily, and the elderly one grumbles unhappily, and go where they're told.

Seanfall
2013-03-18, 02:31 PM
Morty takes the phone, grumbling a bit. He turns to continue an earlier conversation, speaking low so it would be difficult for sleepers to hear. "SOME ghosts are compliant, if you do them favors others much less so. And I haven't been here long enough to make any 'friends' with the local specters. Besides their's always the chance that they're 'locked' some ghosts can't go beyond a certain place." Morty shrugs, "If I knew any of them I'd ask'em."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-18, 03:17 PM
Morty takes the phone, grumbling a bit. He turns to continue an earlier conversation, speaking low so it would be difficult for sleepers to hear. "SOME ghosts are compliant, if you do them favors others much less so. And I haven't been here long enough to make any 'friends' with the local specters. Besides their's always the chance that they're 'locked' some ghosts can't go beyond a certain place." Morty shrugs, "If I knew any of them I'd ask'em."

Sounds like we'll have to stick to non-twilight help.

watupwithdat
2013-03-18, 04:32 PM
"We'll see. Maybe you're lucky and there's some disturbingly friendly spirit just waiting to be asked to perform some task?" Axe says with a hint of sarcasm.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-18, 04:46 PM
"We'll see. Maybe you're lucky and there's some disturbingly friendly spirit just waiting to be asked to perform some task?" Axe says with a hint of sarcasm.

Without a hint of sarcasm or condescension, Exor replies, That would be excellent, as Morty already stated, 'Somebody is hitting the Fate button pretty damn hard'. Perhaps there's still some juice left in it.

Seanfall
2013-03-18, 05:16 PM
Morty glances over to Exor. "Well...your an optimistic sort aren't you?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-18, 05:22 PM
Morty glances over to Exor. "Well...your an optimistic sort aren't you?"

Exor drops his head while shaking it and sighs.. a small smile on his face. This guys are going to be fun, in a less than fun sort of way.

Spacewolf
2013-03-18, 08:16 PM
"Are you boys going to continue arguing or are we going to put your plan into motion, Exor?

Also Exor do you still want someone to Scry the back of the house since I can probably fulfil that roll or are we going to scry the front and if that seems safe head straight in? Either way we should probably hurry we don’t want to arrive late after all.”

xXBallackXx
2013-03-18, 08:24 PM
Avatar reaches out to the Supernal, enveloping him in Fates energies. He also draws the energy into his vision, casting an unveiling practice in order to discern the auras of those he sees. Avatar turns away from the group, surveying the scene. He then clears his throat and says:

I think someone should recon on foot. Is anyone capable of amy kind of stealth?

Rotekian
2013-03-18, 08:27 PM
"Like Exor, I could attempt a scrying with a stronger sympathetic connection. I'll see what I can dig up about the house online."

With that Agrippa turns to his tablet and concentrates on finding out what type of place they would be visiting. Details like who built it and when as well as any architectural plans and extensions.

Shadowy
2013-03-18, 08:58 PM
"Like Exor, I could attempt a scrying with a stronger sympathetic connection. I'll see what I can dig up about the house online."

With that Agrippa turns to his tablet and concentrates on finding out what type of place they would be visiting. Details like who built it and when as well as any architectural plans and extensions.

The house's plans were...distant. There was nothing easily found on the internet, and barely even any listing. Someone has put effort towards making the place invisible.

As for the neighborhood, it was a quite upperclass area. Anyone who was anyone in town and not living in the near-fortress that was the area near the dam appears to live here.

You arrive at the start of a very long road. It appears to be partly secluded in the woods, but an old, very large house with a metal fence surrounding it was just barely visible in the distance.

There was a small stream of sleepers going about their buisness, but nobody seemed headed towards the house.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-18, 09:50 PM
A little confused by some of the statements made in the cab, Exor can't get out of the taxi fast enough, Did anyone listen to anything? Sigh.... Once he's on foot he takes a roundabout route making his way to the house. He does his best to stay hidden and quiet. With Mage sight active he keeps his eyes open for auras and resonances. Being on his own for the first time in hours, Exor finally feels at home. He makes his way towards the house trying to discern what he can about the inhabitants.

Stealth: [roll0]

Investigate: [roll2]
Mods: [roll3]

Shadowy
2013-03-19, 01:06 PM
A little confused by some of the statements made in the cab, Exor can't get out of the taxi fast enough, Did anyone listen to anything? Sigh.... Once he's on foot he takes a roundabout route making his way to the house. He does his best to stay hidden and quiet. With Mage sight active he keeps his eyes open for auras and resonances. Being on his own for the first time in hours, Exor finally feels at home. He makes his way towards the house trying to discern what he can about the inhabitants.

Investigate: [roll2]

The house is practically glowing with enchantments to the magical eye. Wards galore, any troublesome spirits cleaned away.

The house looks old, but well-cared for. It appears like it's recieved both magical and mundane aid, with refurbishment, and to the close eye, security systems.

The most notable thing however, is the large, well-dressed black man standing in front of the gates, occasionally glancing at his wrist, despite not wearing a watch. He is holding a massive amount of mana in his pattern, and has a very powerful fate shield surrounding him.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-19, 02:36 PM
The house is practically glowing with enchantments to the magical eye. Wards galore, any troublesome spirits cleaned away.

The house looks old, but well-cared for. It appears like it's recieved both magical and mundane aid, with refurbishment, and to the close eye, security systems.

The most notable thing however, is the large, well-dressed black man standing in front of the gates, occasionally glancing at his wrist, despite not wearing a watch. He is holding a massive amount of mana in his pattern, and has a very powerful fate shield surrounding him.

High.. I'm a beacon, nice to meet you! Exor once again sighs as he approaches the house, suddenly wishing he had learned more of the Forces Arcana so he can bypass the view of the cameras. Confident that portalling into the grounds would be detected, and having no method of directly bypassing the cameras, Exor will take his chances and attempt to hop the fence in the most secluded place he can locate (He will test the fence for potential electricity or other traps before beginning to climb it). Assuming he makes it over, he will attempt to move around the house looking for a less warded area that he may be able to penetrate through.

Mods:[roll1]

Climb Fence (Athletics): [roll2]

Shadowy
2013-03-19, 02:52 PM
High.. I'm a beacon, nice to meet you! Exor once again sighs as he approaches the house, suddenly wishing he had learned more of the Forces Arcana so he can bypass the view of the cameras. Confident that portalling into the grounds would be detected, and having no method of directly bypassing the cameras, Exor will take his chances and attempt to hop the fence in the most secluded place he can locate (He will test the fence for potential electricity or other traps before beginning to climb it). Assuming he makes it over, he will attempt to move around the house looking for a less warded area that he may be able to penetrate through.

Mods:[roll1]

Climb Fence (Athletics): [roll2]

A quick study of the wards would reveal that even touching the gates would set off the alarms within the house, alert the caster, and probably let off a few other nasty tricks. The bars were even matter enhanced. Someone really really wanted this place safe.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-19, 03:08 PM
A quick study of the wards would reveal that even touching the gates would set off the alarms within the house, alert the caster, and probably let off a few other nasty tricks. The bars were even matter enhanced. Someone really really wanted this place safe.

With few options available to him Exor calls the others. To whoever answers the phone he says, Major wards across everything, even the gate is magically reinforced. It looks like the only way to get in is directly through the front gate guard. I'm not wild about just walking in, but I see few other options. Who wants to be the one to go talk to the guard?

watupwithdat
2013-03-19, 03:53 PM
Axe is the one who answers in the phone. "If it's that bad, let's just walk up to the front door and check it out. It's easy to pretend being a tourist due to actually being new to the town. I'll come and do it myself."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-19, 04:18 PM
Axe is the one who answers in the phone. "If it's that bad, let's just walk up to the front door and check it out. It's easy to pretend being a tourist due to actually being new to the town. I'll come and do it myself."

I'm fine if you want to be the one to walk up. FYI: The guard at the gate is brimming with Mana, so I think it's safe to assume he's a Mage, and I am sure he has Mage Sight active. I would think of a better excuse than being a tourist, but I'm happy to see you're willing to take the ball and run with it.

watupwithdat
2013-03-19, 07:52 PM
"Well, we'll see know what kind of place that is, me dead or not." Unlike before Axe was sounding rather serious over the phone.

It wasn't such a long bit to walk to reach Exor, who pointed him to the gate and the willworker guard.

"I'm guessing someone important lives there." he said as he observed what they could see of the property from outside. Then he started walking towards the gate and guard.

Shadowy
2013-03-19, 08:05 PM
"Well, we'll see know what kind of place that is, me dead or not." Unlike before Axe was sounding rather serious over the phone.

It wasn't such a long bit to walk to reach Exor, who pointed him to the gate and the willworker guard.

"I'm guessing someone important lives there." he said as he observed what they could see of the property from outside. Then he started walking towards the gate and guard.

The man looks at him apprehensively, judging him, waiting for him to say something.

Rotekian
2013-03-19, 08:49 PM
"A tourist? We're dealing with a mage with powerful fate magic who is expecting us. I don't think that plan will work.

What I managed to dig up on this place isn't much. Someone cared enough to hide it, but that is what I would expect from a mage hideout."

Agrippa couldn't help but feel that the best plan was to approach as a group while they still had the advantage of numbers. There didn't seem much reason to point it out though.

watupwithdat
2013-03-19, 09:14 PM
Axe didn't take note of Agrippa's concerns. It went quickly to reach the gate and guard.

"So, who lives here on this fancy property then? Must be someone rich." he asked rather nonchalantly. Axe was sure the willworker had already figured out he was one himself, so he didn't bother trying to pretend he wasn't.

Shadowy
2013-03-19, 09:17 PM
Axe didn't take note of Agrippa's concerns. It went quickly to reach the gate and guard.

"So, who lives here on this fancy property then? Must be someone rich." he asked rather nonchalantly. Axe was sure the willworker had already figured out he was one himself, so he didn't bother trying to pretend he wasn't.

The man looks immensely amused by that comment.
"Heh. That's one way of looking at it, I suppose. What brings you to that conclusion though?"

Seanfall
2013-03-19, 11:00 PM
Morty walked to the mansion, getting rather tired of waiting in one place, he didn't approach the front. Instead staying across from it, watching Axe talk to the large man. While watching the exchange he lit up another cig, savoring the lighting of the match, and the first puff on a fresh one.

His sight was opened to the forces of the world, and he slowly looked the mansion over, not searching for anything particular just taking it all in.

watupwithdat
2013-03-20, 12:21 AM
"Well, first of all there's a big gate in front of me. Oh, and a... security guard?" Axe said, more or less phrasing it as a question so he could confirm his profession.

Shadowy
2013-03-20, 05:47 AM
Morty walked to the mansion, getting rather tired of waiting in one place, he didn't approach the front. Instead staying across from it, watching Axe talk to the large man. While watching the exchange he lit up another cig, savoring the lighting of the match, and the first puff on a fresh one.

His sight was opened to the forces of the world, and he slowly looked the mansion over, not searching for anything particular just taking it all in.

The house is very strongly enchanted. There doesn't seem to be many forces spells in the makeup of them though.

"Well, first of all there's a big gate in front of me. Oh, and a... security guard?" Axe said, more or less phrasing it as a question so he could confirm his profession.

"Not.....exactly. I can tell you're new to the area though, and you'll want to bring your awakened friends down the road over here. You'll like what you hear, I assure you."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-20, 02:53 PM
While Axe makes his way to the gate, Exor creates a conferance call with all the phones that are not in Axe's possession. Once Axe begins engaging with the guard Exor will begin relaying what he hears via the Receiver spell. Axe is asking about the property owner... Guard asks why... Axe blah blah blah... AND.... hmmm... He knows Axe has friends down the road, and is assuring him we will like what we hear if we go in. Exor really doesn't like walking in blind, but he see's few options besides walking away and going in. He thinks for a moment, I vote to go, anybody have a different opinion?

Spacewolf
2013-03-20, 02:59 PM
"Yea let's go and see what they want"

Wonder if my Occultation would have let me do better. Eh guess we can find out next time

Seanfall
2013-03-20, 03:13 PM
Morty nodded to himself, "Yeah bout time I was getting bored." Lit cigarette still in hand Morty made his way across the street to the mansion.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-20, 03:19 PM
Avatar weighs his options, considering the danger of each. He then addresses the group, shrugging his shoulders:

To be honest, if he really felt like murdering us I'm sure that he could have easily accomplished it. Let's go and speak to him, see what he wants. Let's just be cautious and make sure he's not some sort of Seer.

watupwithdat
2013-03-20, 03:21 PM
"Not a security guard? Could have fooled me." Axe said, and let out a half-forced chuckle. "But, alright. Let's have a look at this place, then. Thanks I guess?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-20, 03:23 PM
Exor agrees with the consensus opinion and begins walking to meet them before they reach the gate. Once he meets up with them he will drop the conferance call. Here's hoping that we aren't walking into a trap.

Shadowy
2013-03-20, 03:27 PM
"Not a security guard? Could have fooled me." Axe said, and let out a half-forced chuckle. "But, alright. Let's have a look at this place, then. Thanks I guess?"

"Not a problem. I'm just looking after the place for a while."

He leads the way to a small side-gate, and types a code into the keypad.

"3...1..4..3"

The front door of the manor opens, and a bald, scowling man steps out to glare at you, and addresses the first person.

"Have they finally arrived?"

"Ah. This is Jerry. You'll be friends, I'm sure."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-20, 03:47 PM
Yeah.... I'm sure we will... Exor scrutinizes the man, attempting to guage whether he's more than he appears.

Specifically, is he a Mage.

Shadowy
2013-03-20, 03:49 PM
Yeah.... I'm sure we will... Exor scrutinizes the man, attempting to guage whether he's more than he appears.

Specifically, is he a Mage.

Looking at the man for a minute would reveal a faint trace of awakened magic around him, but it wasn't his. His soul was faintly glowing, but still muted. He is a sleepwalker.

"What are you looking at, boy?

XianTheCoder
2013-03-20, 03:55 PM
Looking at the man for a minute would reveal a faint trace of awakened magic around him, but it wasn't his. His soul was faintly glowing, but still muted. He is a sleepwalker.

"What are you looking at, boy?

You, Exor says blankly. We are ready when you are.

Shadowy
2013-03-20, 04:00 PM
You, Exor says blankly. We are ready when you are.

"What exactly are you hoping to be ready for?

XianTheCoder
2013-03-20, 04:09 PM
"What exactly are you hoping to be ready for?

Exor makes a considering expression before responding, Nothing. Now if you want to know what I am prepared to be ready for then that's an entirely different answer.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-20, 04:17 PM
Avatar sweeps his eyes around the manor, taking in every detail just in case he needs to remember it. He also switches his magic sight to The Sybil's Sight , attempting to see what is heavily influenced by Fate.

Shadowy
2013-03-20, 04:47 PM
Exor makes a considering expression before responding, Nothing. Now if you want to know what I am prepared to be ready for then that's an entirely different answer.

He cackles. "Hah! Thought you awakened were supposed to be ready for everything."

Avatar sweeps his eyes around the manor, taking in every detail just in case he needs to remember it. He also switches his magic sight to The Sybil's Sight , attempting to see what is heavily influenced by Fate.

The house was mostly untouched by fate. If one was to look closely, one could see there was a small amount of destiny going to happen inside the house today.

The man sighs, and gestures for everyone to go inside. "He's a useful fellow, I promise you this much. You can all just call me Judge."

Spacewolf
2013-03-20, 05:13 PM
Laura follows the mans gesture inside not activating her Grim Sight. These mages had plenty of time to prepare so anything interesting would be hidden from basic spells like that.

watupwithdat
2013-03-20, 06:09 PM
"The Judge? Striking." Axe said and let out a muffled laugh. There was little point in lingering, so he started following the man, obviously knowing who they were. It was probably some kind of safe house his order had arranged before they sent him here.

Shadowy
2013-03-20, 06:48 PM
The Judge opens the doors wide, showing a main foyer, with several doors branching into different parts of the house, all of them closed. The place had some powerful space magic placed on it, and most of the doors had signs on them, from "Armory" to "West wing: STAY OUT!"

(This is the general asthetic:)
http://www.derecktor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/cakewalk_grand_staircase.jpg

"I felt the disturbance in the church. Nearly everyone did. I made it late, after The Street had come in and begun guarding their territory. They let me by though. I did some temporal scrying, and saw what you did regarding the seer and the newly awakened. Excellent work, really."

"Ah, but anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. The things you need to know is that I am the hierarch of the local consilium, and you are the new mages I heard were being sent in. Apparently, you had some friends in high places, who happened to have saved my life once, so...."

"Welcome to your new sanctum. Jerry will help you with whatever you need."

Jerry sneers.

Spacewolf
2013-03-20, 07:01 PM
"Sweet, so since it's ours can you tell us why the west wing has the warning on it? Also whats the plan for the new guy, we brought him with us so we could hand him over to one of the established local cabels."

Laura takes a renewed interest in the building she hadn't been expecting something so grand. Should be easy to defend as well.

Shadowy
2013-03-20, 07:10 PM
"Sweet, so since it's ours can you tell us why the west wing has the warning on it? Also whats the plan for the new guy, we brought him with us so we could hand him over to one of the established local cabels."

Laura takes a renewed interest in the building she hadn't been expecting something so grand. Should be easy to defend as well.

Jerry smiles grimly. "There's a verge in there. Somewhere. There's wards, so it's safe, but if you don't want to get torn apart by a horde of angry spirits trapped in a maze of space designed by a madman, don't go in there."

"Oh. Yes. Do stick to the signs. The west wing...was a bit of a failure, that's certain, but everything else works wonderfully. There's a garage for the truck you accquired, and I can get some fate magic to ease your ownership of it. There's an exceedingly powerful hallow in the house as well, but like I said, when you need it, Jerry will take care of it. He's undyingly loyal, aren't you?"

"Yes." Jerry grimaces as he says it though.

"The Soul Kitchen would probably be best for your friend. They're experienced in taking in freshly awakened."

Thomas is still mostly overwhelmed and quiet.

Rotekian
2013-03-20, 08:24 PM
"Designed by a madman you say? That does sound like something worth studying. Getting back to the consilium though, what is the tradition around these parts? How often does the consilium meet? Anything we should know about the local cabals, like I presume The Street?"

John pauses to stifle a yawn at this point.

"Ah, it would appear the trip here was a little more exhausting than I was expecting. I hope I'm not bombarding you with too many questions."

Shadowy
2013-03-20, 08:51 PM
"Designed by a madman you say? That does sound like something worth studying. Getting back to the consilium though, what is the tradition around these parts? How often does the consilium meet? Anything we should know about the local cabals, like I presume The Street?"

John pauses to stifle a yawn at this point.

"Ah, it would appear the trip here was a little more exhausting than I was expecting. I hope I'm not bombarding you with too many questions."

"The Street are thugs with magic. The spirit world is in a massive clash between modernization and old values. The madman is one of the Master's diamond, my cabal. He's....reliable. At least, in his own way. The questions are fine, the last thing I want is you all to be uninformed and die."

"The consilium doesn't have a regular meeting date. Whenever issues come up that can't be settled between cabals, or require the entire pentacle to discuss, I call one. However, several cabals have taken to ignoring the summons, and some cabals don't even bother saying that they exist, or talk to us at all, so it's extremely irritating."

Seanfall
2013-03-20, 10:21 PM
"Alto...you old bastard." Morty suddenly spurted out as he took in this huge place. "Guess I owe you another one." He sighed and shook his head, he was racking up quite a deck to the old guy. "Hold on, back the trojan horse up, Exactly what did these friends in high places say to the town Consilum to get us these new digs. I mean besides the verge you mention this place is prime real estate. So why give it to a bunch of newbies." Always suspicious of a handout.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-20, 10:30 PM
Exor follows them in and listens to the Judge. At hearing he is the hierarch, Exor is a little surprised, What could have happened to in the past for me to end up in this sanctum. The accolades relating to how the Seer was handled pleased Exor, especially since he considers himself responsible for the outcome entirely. There are plenty more similar situations to come. Jerry's lackluster response concerns Exor though.

My predominant interest is in the Seers and other potential enemies of he Pentacle. Can you tell us what you know about the Seer we ran into, as well as the other Seers and Pylons? Are there other supernaturals the are known of in the area? Also, are there any interests that are off limits for us to get involved in, for example specific businesses or industries that local Pentacle or allies control?

watupwithdat
2013-03-20, 10:54 PM
A verge, hm? Axe found such places interesting, but he relucted being too close to them at the same time—atleast until such a time when his control and knowledge of the spirit arcanum was less lackluster. This place could be handy, in any case. Especially the powerful Hallow.

Shadowy
2013-03-21, 05:49 AM
"Alto...you old bastard." Morty suddenly spurted out as he took in this huge place. "Guess I owe you another one." He sighed and shook his head, he was racking up quite a deck to the old guy. "Hold on, back the trojan horse up, Exactly what did these friends in high places say to the town Consilum to get us these new digs. I mean besides the verge you mention this place is prime real estate. So why give it to a bunch of newbies." Always suspicious of a handout.

"Your masters called in some favors. So did I. Apart from saving my life, they did impress the need for you to have a defensible place. A dead mage is of no use to us. To get the place under our control was a simple matter for a master of fate."

Exor follows them in and listens to the Judge. At hearing he is the hierarch, Exor is a little surprised, What could have happened to in the past for me to end up in this sanctum. The accolades relating to how the Seer was handled pleased Exor, especially since he considers himself responsible for the outcome entirely. There are plenty more similar situations to come. Jerry's lackluster response concerns Exor though.

My predominant interest is in the Seers and other potential enemies of he Pentacle. Can you tell us what you know about the Seer we ran into, as well as the other Seers and Pylons? Are there other supernaturals the are known of in the area? Also, are there any interests that are off limits for us to get involved in, for example specific businesses or industries that local Pentacle or allies control?

"The seer you met was Silent, part of a cabal called the Exarch's voice. They tend to be more negotiable then most of the other seers. We don't actually know that much about any other pylons in the area, since they all mostly crawl up into the Fasuni area, or hide very well. They do have a good grip on the police though, so be careful. If you get caught, I can try and get you out of trouble, but I can't do that if they kill you. The Scelesti own the hospitals, so don't go to them."

"In additional, the vampires mostly keep out of this town, and all the werewolves are either dead, or exception hiders. That's part of why the spirit world is so out of control. Changelings are around, but haven't organized yet, that we know about."

xXBallackXx
2013-03-21, 07:57 AM
Avatar follows the group in, looking around what was apparently now his sanctum. He's suitably impressed with the aesthetic, as well as pleased with the news that his former master had pulled strings in order to make sure he was protected. However, something abruptly comes to mind, and Avatar clears his throat to speak:

With all this talk... I guess the implication is that we will be forming a cabal together.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-21, 08:29 AM
"The seer you met was Silent, part of a cabal called the Exarch's voice. They tend to be more negotiable then most of the other seers. We don't actually know that much about any other pylons in the area, since they all mostly crawl up into the Fasuni area, or hide very well. They do have a good grip on the police though, so be careful. If you get caught, I can try and get you out of trouble, but I can't do that if they kill you. The Scelesti own the hospitals, so don't go to them."

"In additional, the vampires mostly keep out of this town, and all the werewolves are either dead, or exception hiders. That's part of why the spirit world is so out of control. Changelings are around, but haven't organized yet, that we know about."

Exor nods as Judge answers his questions. No Police, No Hospitals... what a safe place we are living in now... Thank you for the copious response, I think we will find that information useful. I have two more questions, the first is if you could put me in contact with a Guardian of the Veil, preferable one you are friendly with? The second, is if you and the Consilium have any specific rules of behavoir that are uncommon or in addition to what is standard?

Shadowy
2013-03-21, 12:33 PM
Avatar follows the group in, looking around what was apparently now his sanctum. He's suitably impressed with the aesthetic, as well as pleased with the news that his former master had pulled strings in order to make sure he was protected. However, something abruptly comes to mind, and Avatar clears his throat to speak:

With all this talk... I guess the implication is that we will be forming a cabal together.

"Yes." he says, in a tone of voice indicating that it is what will happen.

Exor nods as Judge answers his questions. No Police, No Hospitals... what a safe place we are living in now... Thank you for the copious response, I think we will find that information useful. I have two more questions, the first is if you could put me in contact with a Guardian of the Veil, preferable one you are friendly with? The second, is if you and the Consilium have any specific rules of behavoir that are uncommon or in addition to what is standard?

"The one you'll want to talk to is The Maiden. She's part of the Soul Kitchen. As for rules...it's fairly well summarized as 'don't make me come over there'. I'm overworked and understaffed, so please try and not break reality or anything. If you do, tell me. Use common sense for the rest of it, and please try not to die."

Seanfall
2013-03-21, 12:49 PM
"No police huh...well that shouldn't be a problem, I work in a High School no reason what so ever for them to come over there." Morty said in a sarcastic tone. But he took a puff on his cig and sighed, "Heriach...I'm sorry I don't mean to sound ungrateful...Thank you, this place is great." Morty moved a little bit away from the group and stood alone for a few seconds.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-21, 12:55 PM
"The one you'll want to talk to is The Maiden. She's part of the Soul Kitchen. As for rules...it's fairly well summarized as 'don't make me come over there'. I'm overworked and understaffed, so please try and not break reality or anything. If you do, tell me. Use common sense for the rest of it, and please try not to die."

That would be great, where can she generally be found? Exor says in response to Judge recommending he speak with The Maiden. With regards to everything, Seems like very reasonable requests. I appreciate your time and the use of this sanctum.

Shadowy
2013-03-21, 01:01 PM
That would be great, where can she generally be found? Exor says in response to Judge recommending he speak with The Maiden. With regards to everything, Seems like very reasonable requests. I appreciate your time and the use of this sanctum.

"She drifts around a lot, but if you wait at the Blue Moon bar and pass the message along, she'll see you. It's at *Address*, you can't miss it. Oh, and it's a completely neutral zone. No magic, no fights, nothing. Probably a good spot for your seer to drop off his documents."

He smiles. "Don't mention it."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-21, 01:19 PM
"She drifts around a lot, but if you wait at the Blue Moon bar and pass the message along, she'll see you. It's at *Address*, you can't miss it. Oh, and it's a completely neutral zone. No magic, no fights, nothing. Probably a good spot for your seer to drop off his documents."

He smiles. "Don't mention it."

Exor smiles and nods in appreciation. He then excuses himself to go and explore the house. First thing he attempts to do is find Jerry. Once he finds him, he will reach his hand out, Jerry, I apologize for being a bit brusque earlier, given the little information we had walking in here we may been a bit touchy and as a result gotten off on the wrong foot.

Shadowy
2013-03-21, 01:27 PM
Exor smiles and nods in appreciation. He then excuses himself to go and explore the house. First thing he attempts to do is find Jerry. Once he finds him, he will reach his hand out, Jerry, I apologize for being a bit brusque earlier, given the little information we had walking in here we may been a bit touchy and as a result gotten off on the wrong foot.

He shakes.

"Course, course. Caution and paranoia from the boogeymen around each corner trying to eat your enlightened souls or whatever."

He still seems grouchy, but mollified that Exor has made the effort.

"Suppose I should get a stew going on. You magicians still have to eat."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-21, 01:32 PM
He shakes.

"Course, course. Caution and paranoia from the boogeymen around each corner trying to eat your enlightened souls or whatever."

He still seems grouchy, but mollified that Exor has made the effort.

"Suppose I should get a stew going on. You magicians still have to eat."

A stew would be fantastic, it's been a long day of travel for all of us and the little altercation with the Seer earlier didn't help. One question and I will leave you alone. Can you tell me what part of this house you find the most interesting, or perhaps where you would start your explorations the first day you were here?

Shadowy
2013-03-21, 01:47 PM
A stew would be fantastic, it's been a long day of travel for all of us and the little altercation with the Seer earlier didn't help. One question and I will leave you alone. Can you tell me what part of this house you find the most interesting, or perhaps where you would start your explorations the first day you were here?

"Rooms are on the top floor, I'd say. There's a couple of ritual rooms and a massive library of all your fancy magic near the back of the house, you might like those."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-21, 01:52 PM
"Rooms are on the top floor, I'd say. There's a couple of ritual rooms and a massive library of all your fancy magic near the back of the house, you might like those."

Exor nods in appreciation, and then he starts to walk to the rooms that Jerry mentioned.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-21, 02:04 PM
Avatar nods at Judge, speaking in a respectful tone and says:
In a similar vein, I'd like to ask you who the local Arrow representative is, Hierach. I'd also like to thank you immensely for providing us with such a beautiful Sanctum. We're here to make your life easier. It'll be an honor to serve in your consilium.

Shadowy
2013-03-21, 02:29 PM
Avatar nods at Judge, speaking in a respectful tone and says:
In a similar vein, I'd like to ask you who the local Arrow representative is, Hierach. I'd also like to thank you immensely for providing us with such a beautiful Sanctum. We're here to make your life easier. It'll be an honor to serve in your consilium.

"The Bear of the soul kitchen should be able to help you, though I've hear there's some sort of cabal in a gym on the north side of town. You should investigate that sometime."

xXBallackXx
2013-03-21, 04:28 PM
"The Bear of the soul kitchen should be able to help you, though I've hear there's some sort of cabal in a gym on the north side of town. You should investigate that sometime."

Thank you Hierarch. Excuse me

Avatar steps away and walks towards Jerry.

Jerry, my name is Avatar. Can you please show me around briefly? I'd like to get a feel for the layout.

Lastly, he addresses his new Cabalmates.

We should all take a little rest, get a feel for the place, but lets meet back here soon, have dinner, and figure out our next few steps.

Spacewolf
2013-03-21, 04:41 PM
Laura takes a look around the lobby before going up to Jerry and extending a hand.
"Pleasure to meet you as well."
After shaking his hand she heads off around the house looking for a bedroom to drop her bag before Dinner.

watupwithdat
2013-03-21, 04:48 PM
Technically Axe could go without food for some time, but it wasn't really optimal. He actually liked to eat good food. Too bad he was really bad at cooking.

"Where's the kitchen anyway? Or maybe you don't eat there?" he asked the Judge, letting the others ask about more relevant stuff for now. Then he remembered something. "Oh yeah. And the Hallow? Where's that? Not in the library I hope."

Shadowy
2013-03-21, 04:53 PM

Thank you Hierarch. Excuse me

Avatar steps away and walks towards Jerry.

Jerry, my name is Avatar. Can you please show me around briefly? I'd like to get a feel for the layout.

Lastly, he addresses his new Cabalmates.

We should all take a little rest, get a feel for the place, but lets meet back here soon, have dinner, and figure out our next few steps.

Jerry shows him around to the library, magical ritual rooms, dining room, and to a bedroom he can claim.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-21, 05:44 PM
Exor makes his way around the very impressive house. He stops into most rooms that he finds, taking a look at the contents and gauging the usefulness of each rooms contents. Having never been overly intellectual he only takes a cursory glance around the library. When he finds the Hallow he looks to see how much Mana remains, and takes 1 point of whatever remains, leaving the rest for his companions. When he enters the ritual rooms he is intrigued and spends some time getting acclimated to them, getting a feel for how to best use them. After some more wandering he finds a bedroom that works for him and places his things down. Finally, he heads down to the stew dinner that Jerry was preparing.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-21, 06:01 PM
[Need to leave, I will write the details of the oblation later tonight.]

Oblation to Gain Mana:
[roll0]

EDIT: Or not...

xXBallackXx
2013-03-21, 06:22 PM
Avatar marvels at the size, scope, and beauty of the house. It's beautiful, he thinks. I could get used to this Sanctum. This cabal, on the other hand, might take some getting used to... Once Jerry shows him to his room, he drops his luggage down, deciding to worry about closets and clothes later. He takes a much needed hot shower, mulling over his future. He decides to leave it to chance, to see what Fate has in store for him. Emerging from the shower, he throws on a grey tee and a pair of sweatpants, descending to the living room. If he was going to trust these people with his life, he had to get to know them better.

Rotekian
2013-03-21, 08:25 PM
John glanced around the room. A mansion, probably build to order by some millionaire business tycoon. More care and attention spent on each room than some architects spend on a skyscraper. Probably wastes space too, I bet I could knock half the walls down and leave the structure still standing. Still, whoever heard of an open plan mansion?

For Agrippa this was the perfect sanctuary from the dangers of the world. A good place to lay low and finally learn the magic he would need to survive. He couldn't help suspect that the Judge had something specific in mind for the group of them, probably something dangerous.

I saw a door marked 'Armory' earlier, perhaps I should see how it is stocked. Either that or unpack and find a place to hang my mirror. Well, I can unpack later, exploring seems like more fun for now.

Seanfall
2013-03-21, 10:58 PM
After picking out a room, Morty settled himself in the dining room, grading those f****ing papers while waiting for dinner or eating. "Wrong formula, no that's not right..." he mumbled to himself as he sat grading the tests. "Explain Hard Water....the answer this kid left: Ice. Points for originality I suppose." after dinner and whatever conversation would take place he'd simply pass out on the bed thinking about the pain of having his stuff moved here, granted he didn't have much aside from clothes but still.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-22, 11:53 AM
After a miserable failure in the Hallow, Exor goes to find dinner. Following the smell of the stew, Exor makes his way into the dinning room. Jerry, the stew smells excellent. As he walks around the table to take a seat, Exor leans over and looks at what Morty is doing. Hmmm.. I wonder if he deducts for mispelled words, that student left the 'u' out of 'cautions' First day here and you already have homework? Exor will use this time to bring up a topic he's been meaning to discuss with him, Earlier today, during the thing with the Seer, I hope you realize that the newbie wasn't leaving with him. I was employing a negotiating tactic where you come to an agreement on a particular set of terms, while using misdirection to obfuscate the gain of another objective altogether. We would have had Silent Fate Bound trying to secure his own freedom before the topic of the Newbie ever reentered his mind. It worked out, due in large part because of our numerical advantage, but that may not always be the case. Should we find ourselves in a similar situation, I may use that tactic again, so I ask you to please voice your concerns more discreetly so as to not bring attention to topics I am so cleverly trying to slip under the rug. Exor speaks with a very casual, matter-of-fact manner, in no way dressing down or being condescending or arrogant. Things worked out when they could have been a disaster, so he's willing to take the victory and move on.

EDIT:

Sorry, I originally thought Avatar made the comment about Thomas, but it was Morty. I revised the post so he's talking to the correct person.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-22, 12:45 PM
Avatar breezes into the dining room, still astonished by the sheer beauty of the Sanctum. Defensible, filled with resources, massive, in a convenient neighborhood... it was perfect. And while his master had been quite the mage, Avatar really wondered if this gift was totally without strings.

As he arrives he sees Exor speaking to Morty, seemingly lecturing him on the events of earlier. Before he can comment, he is struck by the beautiful scent of the meal prepared for them.

Jerry... Thank you so much. This smells delicious. He says, as he pulls out a seat across from Exor. He waits until there is a lull in the conversation between Exor and Morty and clears his throat, speaking to Exor:

The way you handled that situation was impressive. I don't ordinarily like to negotiate with the enemies of the Pentacle... but letting one go for what could potentially be legitimate intelligence on several pylons? Skillful.He then turns his attention to Morty as well and says:

Once everyone else gets down here we should discuss what we're going to do with all... He makes vague motions in the air, indicating the house. this. And talk about starting our cabal, apparently.

Spacewolf
2013-03-22, 12:59 PM
After finding a room that she liked Laura had another look around the house to get a feel for the layout before coming to dinner. Taking her dinner and sitting down near the rest of the mages.

"Thank you again Jerry."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-22, 01:41 PM
Exor:

The way you handled that situation was impressive. I don't ordinarily like to negotiate with the enemies of the Pentacle... but letting one go for what could potentially be legitimate intelligence on several pylons? Skillful.
Exor nods in acceptance of Avatars compliment, There is a simple and sad truth: We are all whores, the only question is what each person charges. Exor shrugs slightly, Silent was... not to be too crass, but a $2 one. Had we not attempted to negotiate we may have never known the potential pluthera of information available. At best, we could have taken him prisoner and turned him over once the Heirarch found us and they would have discovered the information. At worst we could have killed him. In all scenarios we walk away with Newbie, thus are downside risk was well defined. It is in these types of scenarios where it is always prudent to explore upside potentials. Even if Silent weasels out of our deal, we still walked away with Newbie. Exor smiles shrewdly after a momentary pause, Now if he doesn't weasel out of the oath, then we now have information on several Pylons, the only question left is what to do with it. Personally, I am happy doing recon on select members, in hopes that we can use the information to bring down cabals and pylons of seers.

He then turns his attention to Morty as well and says:

Once everyone else gets down here we should discuss what we're going to do with all... He makes vague motions in the air, indicating the house. this. And talk about starting our cabal, apparently.

Did anyone else find the Hallow? Quite impressive, while it's not so large that we can all go ripping apart reality everyday, it should provide a solid enough amount of mana to keep us all sustained.

Shadowy
2013-03-22, 02:29 PM
The armory is stocked with a selection of ten revolvers, holsters for them, plentiful ammo, and a pair of shotguns. The main draw of the room is the fact that it contains four crossbows, in perfect condition, along with a wide selection of maces, flails, swords, katanas, and one club. A very large and exotic selection of melee weaponry, along with some cold iron, metal stakes, and silver-tipped crossbows.

Back in the living room, the stew that Jerry has served looks and smells....like stew. Very definitely stew. It's undeniably stew. Quite nice stew.

Jerry coughs and addresses the group.

"Right, I'm going to kip off soon, so I'll get this out of the way. There's a couple of things he wouldn't mind you looking at. First is, there's a grimoire that he's particularily fond of that he found the location of. It's in a cave, off on a hiking trail, and I've marked the spot on a map, so if you wanted to swing by and pick it up for him, he could recompensate you with a spell or two, maybe some tass."

Jerry clears his throat, placing the map on the table.

"Secondly, you might want to poke around the town, and meet the rest of the pentacle. If you can spot any members who aren't talking to the consilium, that'd be a useful thing."He pours himself a bowl of stew, and blows on it before continuing.

"Thirdly, and this is a big one. There's an area off near this place's back, around hundred paces from the gate into the woods or somesuch, which is apparently some sort of natural demesne. It had some kind of natural affinity with the Thrysus path, and had an incredibly low chance of paradox occuring in there. We don't know if the fact that there was still a chance a sign that it's a malformed soulstone, or one of the seers dropping a temple stone somewhere, or just some weird leyline crossing. So try and figure it out.
You can have fun with those in the morning."

Jerry gets up with his stew, and turn to leave. He then pauses at the door.

"Oh. One last thing. I found some sort of wizard staff thing lying around in a broom closet, all covered in runes. You're the ones to deal with that sort of thing, so I left it in the ritual room. Night."

With that, he turns and leaves.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-22, 03:15 PM
The thought of acquiring more grimoires excited xor more than most of the other information. I wonder what spell it contains? The other pieces of information mae him jealous of those Mages well versed in the Prime Arcanum, I wonder if one of my new cabalmates is strong in Prime, it could come in extremely handy.

Exor once again thanks Jerry for his assistance today before he leaves.

I intend on heading into town tomorrow on a personal matter. While I am there, I'll make some rounds and do some introductions. Perhaps I can setup some cabal outings. Exor says that last part a little in jest.

xXBallackXx
2013-03-22, 04:03 PM
The armory is stocked with a selection of ten revolvers, holsters for them, plentiful ammo, and a pair of shotguns. The main draw of the room is the fact that it contains four crossbows, in perfect condition, along with a wide selection of maces, flails, swords, katanas, and one club. A very large and exotic selection of melee weaponry, along with some cold iron, metal stakes, and silver-tipped crossbows.

Back in the living room, the stew that Jerry has served looks and smells....like stew. Very definitely stew. It's undeniably stew. Quite nice stew.

Jerry coughs and addresses the group.

"Right, I'm going to kip off soon, so I'll get this out of the way. There's a couple of things he wouldn't mind you looking at. First is, there's a grimoire that he's particularily fond of that he found the location of. It's in a cave, off on a hiking trail, and I've marked the spot on a map, so if you wanted to swing by and pick it up for him, he could recompensate you with a spell or two, maybe some tass."

Jerry clears his throat, placing the map on the table.

"Secondly, you might want to poke around the town, and meet the rest of the pentacle. If you can spot any members who aren't talking to the consilium, that'd be a useful thing."He pours himself a bowl of stew, and blows on it before continuing.

"Thirdly, and this is a big one. There's an area off near this place's back, around hundred paces from the gate into the woods or somesuch, which is apparently some sort of natural demesne. It had some kind of natural affinity with the Thrysus path, and had an incredibly low chance of paradox occuring in there. We don't know if the fact that there was still a chance a sign that it's a malformed soulstone, or one of the seers dropping a temple stone somewhere, or just some weird leyline crossing. So try and figure it out.
You can have fun with those in the morning."

Jerry gets up with his stew, and turn to leave. He then pauses at the door.

"Oh. One last thing. I found some sort of wizard staff thing lying around in a broom closet, all covered in runes. You're the ones to deal with that sort of thing, so I left it in the ritual room. Night."

With that, he turns and leaves.

The information simultaneously excited and concerned Avatar. He couldn't wait to get into town, introduce himself to the local Consilium, and establish himself into the Arrow. However... Being sent around on errands that the Hierarch couldn't be bothered to complete himself was disconcerting.

I concur... I'm going to go into town and introduce myself,see what's what. That rumor about the Arrow cabal in the gym has intrigued me. I just think we should be wary about running errands for anyone, Hierarch or not. I can go deal with the staff in the ritual closet, but does someone with Prime want to come with? Also, I think we should have a conversation about what our cabal stands for, our name, and what not.

Seanfall
2013-03-22, 04:49 PM
"How about the bumblers?" Morty said as he was staring down at the last paper he had to grade. "Seems to be working so far." Morty stands after finishing his meal, and his papers. "Again, I teach Exor, I get as much homework as the kids. And yeah, we might have left with the kid either way...but I really wasn't trying to get any thing of personal use...like some people." Morty shrugs and sighs, "I gotta head into town for my job, If I see anything I'll let you all know. And I'll see about getting that grimoire for Judge tomorrow either on my way back or during the free period." he than lights up another cigarette with his last match of the day.

"Any questions class?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-22, 04:54 PM
Not liking Morty's tone, Exor raises an eyebrow while smirking. He chooses to stay quiet. We're not going to get along I think. Hopefully he just stays out of my way.

Rotekian
2013-03-22, 08:14 PM
Agrippa gave the armory a once over noting that it seemed prepared for vampires and werewolves. He took a step towards the guns before thinking better of it. I'm sure I'll have more opportunities than I really want to try them out later. For now I guess I better go socialize.

Finding the dining hall, Agrippa wasted no time pouring himself a bowl of stew before sitting down with a nod to those already sitting.

"I haven't missed anything too important I hope." Once the others have filled him in Agrippa expresses interest in the staff and the cave. "Well, I don't know how helpful I'll be, but I'm an apprentice of Prime so I can take a look at the staff at least. As for the tome, I could use a nice hike to wake me up in the morning. Although I suppose the cave itself will turn out to be dangerous."

xXBallackXx
2013-03-22, 09:24 PM
Agrippa gave the armory a once over noting that it seemed prepared for vampires and werewolves. He took a step towards the guns before thinking better of it. I'm sure I'll have more opportunities than I really want to try them out later. For now I guess I better go socialize.

Finding the dining hall, Agrippa wasted no time pouring himself a bowl of stew before sitting down with a nod to those already sitting.

"I haven't missed anything too important I hope." Once the others have filled him in Agrippa expresses interest in the staff and the cave. "Well, I don't know how helpful I'll be, but I'm an apprentice of Prime so I can take a look at the staff at least. As for the tome, I could use a nice hike to wake me up in the morning. Although I suppose the cave itself will turn out to be dangerous."

This was good. For the most part, everyone seemed to get along, and work well together. He had to make sure this continued, their very lives might come to depend on getting along. He kept a keen eye on everyone's reactions, noticing Exor's slight eyebrow raise.

I hope that I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing. This could be a potential problem. And Exor does not look like the kind of person someone would want on their bad side.

Avatar, realizing that Agrippa has a point, sits upright and nods his head in agreement. There was no telling how much danger could be in that cave.

Good point, Agrippa. The cave could be dangerous. We have no idea why the Hierarch would choose to send us to get something that is ostensibly easy... We should go together, tomorrow morning. Has anyone thought of a potential cabal name?

Brainstorming and discussing what their cabal should be named, and their attitudes towards essentially being thrown together should allow Avatar to get a good read of where everyone's at.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-22, 10:26 PM
I agree that we should retrieve the grimoire together, if it was a simple matter of walking in and taking it then he'd send a sleepwalker to do it. I'd prefer to go after heading into the city, but I'm willing to be flexible and go in the morning. On the matter of cabal names, I think we need an idea of what we stand for before we pick a name. Myself, I'd like us to be known as executers, a cabal that is known for always getting their way across a variety of situations.

Seanfall
2013-03-22, 10:54 PM
Morty shook his head, "I told you...I have to go to work, you want to hit it in the morning, fine but it's gonna have to be early if you want me tagging along. Otherwise, I can't. I'm sorry but I can't, I just got this job and I don't want to risk it."

xXBallackXx
2013-03-23, 12:23 AM
Morty shook his head, "I told you...I have to go to work, you want to hit it in the morning, fine but it's gonna have to be early if you want me tagging along. Otherwise, I can't. I'm sorry but I can't, I just got this job and I don't want to risk it."

Avatar nods. Morty seemed to be the one with the most robust Sleeper life. While that could be an asset... It was more than likely dangerous.

Okay, how about this: we all reconvene here at 9pm and then do whatever necessary hiking and spelunking? And Exor... While the name appeals to me, I don't necessarily know that's who we are. In addition, that may be too martial a name for newbies in a strange Consilium.

Spacewolf
2013-03-23, 09:41 AM
Not really caring about the name of the cabel to interject on that point Laura waits until Avatar has finished talking before talking.

"Getting it tonight makes sense, we don't what some seer finding out about it and stealing it before we get the chance."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-23, 09:45 AM
Not really caring about the name of the cabel to interject on that point Laura waits until Avatar has finished talking before talking.

"Getting it tonight makes sense, we don't what some seer finding out about it and stealing it before we get the chance."

I think tonight would be a bad idea, we've already had a long day and I know I could use a night to recharge the batteries and collect some Mana from the Hallow in the morning.

Rotekian
2013-03-23, 04:14 PM
Agrippa ponders for a moment on Exor's request before making his own suggestions.
"I think it would be good to be patient and find a name we all agree on. With that said may I suggest 'Excelsior'. I believe it is a name that fits with Exor's preferences, although perhaps it suggests an association with the Silver Ladder. For myself I would like to make reference to the strength of this location as a base, so I'll suggest 'The Tower of Excelsior'"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-23, 04:42 PM
While I like the word 'Excelsior', it's been rather used to death at this point. Between Disney movies, radio hosts, and sports teams 'Excelsior' could quickly and easily become a joke to others in our world. I'd prefer to keep with names that have fewer existing references.

watupwithdat
2013-03-23, 05:56 PM
Axe had been standing outside the doorway of the opposite door the rest had been using to enter the kitchen, leaned against the wall and listening in on the conversations going on over the food. He hadn't been particularly hungry to rush for a bowl of stew.

Just listening to his seemingly new cabal members this was the first time he had actually attempted to learn more about them. It was abundandly clear that Morty was a teacher and that Exor seemed more like some douche, most likely seeing himself as head and shoulders above the rest. Self-percieved importance in any regard. But Axe was fine with that. As long as it didn't get in his way, atleast. And his methods had saved hun a few bullets, as Axe would just have incapacitated or killed Silent at the church if nothing else. Less messy than what it could have been.

What Jerry had shared sounded more like menial tasks, though the natural demesne did sound interesting, probably most likely because it was related to his own path. It was unlikely he could find out much without being versed in the Prime arcanum, though. Maybe I could be lucky with a spirit. Not holding my breathe for that though. Axe had a strange relationship to spirits. Partly he loathed them and partly he felt that they could be quite a boon. But a lack of appropriate social skills had more or less crippled him so far in dealings with spirits, which made him reluctant to deal with them further. It was all kind of an endless spiral. To that end he tried to further his knowledge of the arcanum, so he could gain enough proficiency to just control spirits. That way he'd not have to make deals with them. So much easier, he thought. But until then he didn't have much choice. God damn spirits.

Executers? The cabal name suggestion from Exor was quite amusing. And ironic, considering Axe's position within the Arrow. He took a step away from the wall he was leaning against and made the corner into the kitchen where they were eating. "Executers is fine with me." he said. "Martial names aren't necessarily bad names. Especially when you're as martial as a donkey." He looked at the teacher and Exor, the less physically imposing among them. Axe doubted they could hold their own in a fight. "It makes people think twice before attacking. If you've got such a cabal name, you gotta be kinda dangerous, yeah? Or atleast not going down without a fight. Not total push-overs." He walked over to the stew and got himself a bowl of it and a spoon and started eating it still standing. "Who would you rather attack? The Flowers of Peace, the Excelsior Tower or the Executers?" he paused for some kind of rhetorical effect before he continued. "I'm betting it's not the ones that has named themself like they're executing people."

Seanfall
2013-03-23, 07:47 PM
Morty leaned against a wall in the dining room, slowly smoking. "As far as names go perhaps it should wait. We just met and we don't know anything about eachother. I didn't mention it earlier but I'm a member of the Vox Draconis the Silver Ladder and I'm pretty sure their are things the rest of us haven't reveled either." Morty laughed and shook his head, "We're not a cabal not really, right now we're just a bunch of mage roommates."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-23, 08:16 PM
Axe Avatar, there was a small 'E' on executer, it was an adjective not a noun... Exor looks slyly at Morty. I clearly stated I didn't think it was appropriate to pick a name until we had an idea what our goals are. Thus 'executer' was meant to describe my desire for goals. As a side note, I think 'Executer' as a name is terrible.. Exor pushes his chair back, Well I am going to bed, I'll be awake early if others want to head into town together, if not I'll see you at night.. Exor will then stand and go to his room.

Once back in his room Exor will cast an intrusion spell on his doorway which will alarm him if anyone tries to enter, he will then begin unpacking his bag while considering what he needs to accomplish the next day. Once unpacked he pulls out his journal and begins taking notes from the day (writing in his personal short hand). Finally, he lays down to get some sleep.

watupwithdat
2013-03-24, 07:44 AM
"Right." Axe says as Exor is leaving. "I guess that makes sense..." It was fairly obvious none of them shared Axe's sense of irony when it came to its possibility as a cabal name. It was likely most of them haven't needed take a life yet, he thought. He finished the last few spoons of stew that he still had in his bowl. "Guess it's time to retire to where I'm staying then." he said and headed out. Hmm. Need to find Jerry. I have no idea where I'm staying.

Spacewolf
2013-03-24, 08:40 AM
Why do these people care about the name so much, does it really matter.

"Yea, i guess i'm off for the night as well. See everyone tomorrow."

Getting back to her room Laura puts her bomber jacket over the back of a seat changing into her sleeping clothes before crashing out on the bed.

Seanfall
2013-03-24, 06:53 PM
"Well looks like it's lights out. Good night everyone." Morty went to a room that hadn't been claimed took off his clothes and after finishing his cigg went to bed. Exhausted inside and tired of hiding it.

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 12:59 AM
*The next day*

The night came and went, as it is want to do. Jerry prepared a breakfast consisting of eggs and toast, and left it out for you to find, being rather absent.

The hallow gained more mana, leaving it with seven points, free for the taking.

Avatar, Avalon, Agrippa, and Axe were still at the mansion, free to practice with weaponry, or go to the ritual room to investigate the staff.

Morty had a job, and went to it. The wheels of education turned, and he had to endure through it. Seeing a mass of sleepers, so many of them not making the effort, not caring about enlightment. It seemed a day like many others. During a free period, grading papers, a man entered the room. A tall, spindly man, wearing a tie and vest, carrying a purely black cane, and a near demonic smile. He was vaguely memorable as a substitute teacher, occasionally dropping in. What was immediately aware from being near him though, was that he was a mage. "Why, hello. I've put off this meeting for as long as I could, but you and me really need to have a little....chat."

Exor went out to find The Maiden. The Soul kitchen reliably operated out of a rather obscure bar, in a dirtier part of town. Guarding a rather unobtrusive door is a tall woman, wearing an old-fashioned pilot's uniform, completely with floppy hat, goggles, and scarf. She smiles brightly at Exor's approach.

What do you do?

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 08:13 AM
*The next day*

Exor went out to find The Maiden. The Soul kitchen reliably operated out of a rather obscure bar, in a dirtier part of town. Guarding a rather unobtrusive door is a tall woman, wearing an old-fashioned pilot's uniform, completely with floppy hat, goggles, and scarf. She smiles brightly at Exor's approach.

What do you do?

Exor is not wearing his bulletproof vest, and per instructions of the Heirarch he does not have any spells up.

He still has 1 Lethal damage (heals tomorrow)
He regains 1 Willpower for the day switch, leaving him at 4/5

Before leaving the Sanctum, Exor proceeds to the Hallow in an attempt to finally take some mana from it.

When he enters the Hallow he removes his shirt and shoes, sitting quietly on the floor of the room with his eyes open. He initially decides to increase his chances of success by casting the Rote Exceptional Luck, allowing the Hallow to produce the requisite Mana for him. He begins with steady breathing as he examines the Hallow in front of him. Slowly at first, then growing faster and faster, Exor begins to measure every aspect of the room and all things in it with Space. He spacially maps everything in his brain for a solid hour until he knows every milimeter of the room and every milileter of it's contents. Finally he closes his eyes and views the room as he knows it to be in his head, opening his eyes only to confirm his measurements are perfect. Once complete, Exor stands and attempts to retrieve some Mana from the Hallow.

Exceptional Luck: Man + Occult + Fate = 9 (Grants 9-Again on 1 Future Roll/Success)
Roll:[roll0]
Mods and 10-Again:[roll1]

Oblation: Gnosis + Composure = 4
Roll:[roll2]
Mods and 9-Again:[roll3]

After completing his Oblation in the Hallow, Exor leaves the Sanctum to find The Maiden.

Exor will put on his best smile and utilize the charm he has mastered as he approaches the guard, Hello Miss, I was told by a friend that I should visit the Blue Moon Bar. I know it's a bit early, but could you tell me if patrons are being permitted entrance right now? I was told I could locate a mutual friend here.

Spacewolf
2013-03-25, 09:03 AM
Avalon spends the morning in the armoury getting used to the weight of one of the revolvers and having a look around the rest of the room even checking out a few of the weapons with her grim sight to see what sort of history they had.

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 09:45 AM
Exor is not wearing his bulletproof vest, and per instructions of the Heirarch he does not have any spells up.

He still has 1 Lethal damage (heals tomorrow)
He regains 1 Willpower for the day switch, leaving him at 4/5

Before leaving the Sanctum, Exor proceeds to the Hallow in an attempt to finally take some mana from it.

When he enters the Hallow he removes his shirt and shoes, sitting quietly on the floor of the room with his eyes open. He initially decides to increase his chances of success by casting the Rote Exceptional Luck, allowing the Hallow to produce the requisite Mana for him. He begins with steady breathing as he examines the Hallow in front of him. Slowly at first, then growing faster and faster, Exor begins to measure every aspect of the room and all things in it with Space. He spacially maps everything in his brain for a solid hour until he knows every milimeter of the room and every milileter of it's contents. Finally he closes his eyes and views the room as he knows it to be in his head, opening his eyes only to confirm his measurements are perfect. Once complete, Exor stands and attempts to retrieve some Mana from the Hallow.

Exceptional Luck: Man + Occult + Fate = 9 (Grants 9-Again on 1 Future Roll/Success)
Roll:[roll0]
Mods and 10-Again:[roll1]

Oblation: Gnosis + Composure = 4
Roll:[roll2]
Mods and 9-Again:[roll3]

After completing his Oblation in the Hallow, Exor leaves the Sanctum to find The Maiden.

Exor will put on his best smile and utilize the charm he has mastered as he approaches the guard, Hello Miss, I was told by a friend that I should visit the Blue Moon Bar. I know it's a bit early, but could you tell me if patrons are being permitted entrance right now? I was told I could locate a mutual friend here.

The woman puts on her goggles, and takes a moment to stare at Exor, and in a torrent of speech , says

"Let me see....You're a glowysoul person, but you don't have any magic. So yeah! I don't think I've seen you in this town before, what's your name, cabal, and who do you want to meet? There's only three rules for the bar. No magic, no fighting, and listen to the Bear's orders, even if it's one of her friends giving the orders because she said it but isn't there right now."
She then smiles brightly.

Avalon spends the morning in the armoury getting used to the weight of one of the revolvers and having a look around the rest of the room even checking out a few of the weapons with her grim sight to see what sort of history they had.

None of those weapons had ever been used to kill, with the exception of one of the hunting rifles, which had apparently been used to take down a fox once.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 10:00 AM
The woman puts on her goggles, and takes a moment to stare at Exor, and in a torrent of speech , says

"Let me see....You're a glowysoul person, but you don't have any magic. So yeah! I don't think I've seen you in this town before, what's your name, cabal, and who do you want to meet? There's only three rules for the bar. No magic, no fighting, and listen to the Bear's orders, even if it's one of her friends giving the orders because she said it but isn't there right now."
She then smiles brightly.
An interesting disguise to justify wearing an imbued item? I'm known as Exor, and I arrived yesterday afternoon. Judge thought it would be good if I spoke with The Maiden. My cabal is yet unnamed, we only just consolidated yesterday.

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 10:16 AM
An interesting disguise to justify wearing an imbued item? I'm known as Exor, and I arrived yesterday afternoon. Judge thought it would be good if I spoke with The Maiden. My cabal is yet unnamed, we only just consolidated yesterday.

"Oh, you're newbies! That's ok. Well, head on in, you're lucky that she's around right now."

She opens the door, and waves you into the Blue Moon Bar.

Inside the place seems dank, or dark. Tinny music comes from the walls, while warm lights gently illuminate the circle of tables built into the walls, giving privacy and discretion to the few customers here. At the bar, a petite, young girl with frizzy red hair and a distant expression is cleaning a mug, wearing well-fitting black gloves. Everyone in the room seems distant and unresponsive, but she is the only one who is not actively miring herself in shadow.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 10:42 AM
"Oh, you're newbies! That's ok. Well, head on in, you're lucky that she's around right now."

She opens the door, and waves you into the Blue Moon Bar.

Inside the place seems dank, or dark. Tinny music comes from the walls, while warm lights gently illuminate the circle of tables built into the walls, giving privacy and discretion to the few customers here. At the bar, a petite, young girl with frizzy red hair and a distant expression is cleaning a mug, wearing well-fitting black gloves. Everyone in the room seems distant and unresponsive, but she is the only one who is not actively miring herself in shadow.

Exor walks up to the red haired girl, Hello Miss, I'm looking for an acquaintance, she's known as Maiden, who you happen to be her?

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 10:49 AM
Exor walks up to the red haired girl, Hello Miss, I'm looking for an acquaintance, she's known as Maiden, who you happen to be her?

She puts the mug she was cleaning down, and grips the edge of the bar. She speaks in short, terse sentences. "Yes. What do you want?"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 10:57 AM
She puts the mug she was cleaning down, and grips the edge of the bar. She speaks in short, terse sentences. "Yes. What do you want?"

I arrived yesterday, and wanted to touch base with those of my Order that were local. Judge felt I should start with you. I'm known as Exor, pleased to make your acquaintenance. Exor will give a short and discreet bow. I was hoping if you had a moment you could fill me in on others of our Order that make their home in Goodsprings.

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 11:05 AM
I arrived yesterday, and wanted to touch base with those of my Order that were local. Judge felt I should start with you. I'm known as Exor, pleased to make your acquaintenance. Exor will give a short and discreet bow. I was hoping if you had a moment you could fill me in on others of our Order that make their home in Goodsprings.

"Me. You. Karait and Mjolnir are part of The Tide. Man, woman, learning a legacy, stopping seers. Wooster is a member of The Street. Scary man. Recovers souls. Murray, Master's diamond. Spends most of his time running a spirit court. All that I can tell you for now."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 11:16 AM
"Me. You. Karait and Mjolnir are part of The Tide. Man, woman, learning a legacy, stopping seers. Wooster is a member of The Street. Scary man. Recovers souls. Murray, Master's diamond. Spends most of his time running a spirit court. All that I can tell you for now."

This is who the Heirarch thought I should start with? She's a little... short. Is there much communication between the members? Do you ever meet and discuss macro events or meet to simply share in each others knowledge?

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 11:21 AM
This is who the Heirarch thought I should start with? She's a little... short. Is there much communication between the members? Do you ever meet and discuss macro events or meet to simply share in each others knowledge?

"Wooster untraceable. Murray eternally vigilant. Karait and Mjolnir not willing to communicate often. Me......often incapable. You're new. Not much to talk about."

Seanfall
2013-03-25, 11:33 AM
Morty was lifting a cup of coffee to his lips as the man spoke, eyebrow raised he completed the act and took a long sip of his coffee. "Exactly what is this about?" Morty was cursing that he hadn't put up his shield this morning, oh well live and learn, so instead with a pencil he drew a small pentacle on the corner of his desk with a question mark next to it right where the man could see it.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 11:33 AM
"Wooster untraceable. Murray eternally vigilant. Karait and Mjolnir not willing to communicate often. Me......often incapable. You're new. Not much to talk about."

I see... Note to self... take Judges advice with a grain of salt... Well, given that I am new I have capacity to assist with activities that others may need some help with. You can label me an investogator of sorts. So please feel free to reach out to me should you need any kind of assistence.

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 12:02 PM
Morty was lifting a cup of coffee to his lips as the man spoke, eyebrow raised he completed the act and took a long sip of his coffee. "Exactly what is this about?" Morty was cursing that he hadn't put up his shield this morning, oh well live and learn, so instead with a pencil he drew a small pentacle on the corner of his desk with a question mark next to it right where the man could see it.

"You can call me Jack. From the Mysterium, the cabal of the Shared Mind. I'm to understand that you are Morty, of the Silver Ladder. To put this to you bluntly, you just became a fascinating man. I am in the business of fascinating things, an information broker above all else. Knowledge has a price, after all.

He chuckles, and continues.

"I know what happened in that church. And I am in contact with some people who very much want the information you are going to get from that seer. When you get the information, bring it to the computer repair shop on fifth. Don't show it to any cabal other then your own. If you do, I will grant you access to any piece of information that this town's Mysterium safehouse can offer, apart from maximum security. I would be greatly indebted to you."

His grin widens.

"Do realize the value of what I'm offering. I can sell you the true nature and story of your wonderful new sanctum and it's little artifacts, give you rotes which nobody else has, or give you some fascinating information about some of the cabals around town.

"I would very much like to be your friend. The alternative is such a sad thing."

I see... Note to self... take Judges advice with a grain of salt... Well, given that I am new I have capacity to assist with activities that others may need some help with. You can label me an investigator of sorts. So please feel free to reach out to me should you need any kind of assistence.

"Investigate the taxi company. Bring death magic. I suspect ghosts, but haven't had to time to look around."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 12:35 PM
"Investigate the taxi company. Bring death magic. I suspect ghosts, but haven't had to time to look around."

Not exactly what I was talking about, but ok... Exor, realizing that he's probably gotten about as far as he can with Maiden, and not particularly liking her, will begin to wind the conversation down. I'll put it on my list. He will take a moment to look around the bar before speaking again. I guess I will take off, it was nice meeting you Maiden. Exor will then turn and leave.

Once outside he will thank the girl at the door for her help and begin make his way around the town checking out where things are.

Exor will want to go and do a little investigative work into the town before he heads back to the sanctum, I wanted to wait to post it until he's clearly outside the bar.. just in case the Maiden has a door knob conversation.

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 12:41 PM
Not exactly what I was talking about, but ok... Exor, realizing that he's probably gotten about as far as he can with Maiden, and not particularly liking her, will begin to wind the conversation down. I'll put it on my list. He will take a moment to look around the bar before speaking again. I guess I will take off, it was nice meeting you Maiden. Exor will then turn and leave.

Once outside he will thank the girl at the door for her help and begin make his way around the town checking out where things are.

Exor will want to go and do a little investigative work into the town before he heads back to the sanctum, I wanted to wait to post it until he's clearly outside the bar.. just in case the Maiden has a door knob conversation.

The Maiden goes back to cleaning the mug. "Good-bye. Tell me if you find anything."

Sarah, the bouncer, will give him a large smile and wave him off.

Spacewolf
2013-03-25, 12:55 PM
Getting bored at looking over the weapons Avalon holsters the gun under her jacket and decides to head out into the woods to check out the demesne. After all if Thrysus mages were the opposite of Moros mages it should give an interesting insight to what she might be lacking.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 01:38 PM
Once outside Exor takes the next few hours exploring the town. Primarily, he concerns himself with the following:

1. Getting to know where everything is
2. Learning who the local (political/business/authority) figures are
3. Looking for Rumors on the Taxi Company
4. Looking for general rumors that imply supernaturals

Here are 3 Wits+Investigates, use what you need

Roll1: [roll0]
Mod and 10-Again: [roll1]

Roll2: [roll2]
Mod and 10-Again: [roll3]

Roll3: [roll4]
Mod and 10-Again: [roll5]

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 02:40 PM
Once outside Exor takes the next few hours exploring the town. Primarily, he concerns himself with the following:

1. Getting to know where everything is
2. Learning who the local (political/business/authority) figures are
3. Looking for Rumors on the Taxi Company
4. Looking for general rumors that imply supernaturals

Here are 3 Wits+Investigates, use what you need

Roll1: [roll0]
Mod and 10-Again: [roll1]

Roll2: [roll2]
Mod and 10-Again: [roll3]

Roll3: [roll4]
Mod and 10-Again: [roll5]

1: Exor gets a fairly good idea of the town's layout. Most notable is that the Fasuni area is built like a fortress, combined with a gated community. Nobody gets in without some kind of authorization.
2.There are a few shady wispers about the police, but the feet on the ground mostly do good, honest work. The mayor and city hall are laughable, clearly just pandering to Fasuni to get their pockets padded.
3.Apparently, some of the drivers are just.....strange sometimes. A bright young kid will try and pull in a few extra dollars and become grim and sullen. Some people just....disappear. But there's nothing solid, at all.
4. Not enough time to find anything of the sort.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 03:01 PM
Exor will leave the investigative work on supernaturals until another day, as time begins to run short.

Once he is back in the Sanctum he will retire to his room and make notes in his journal on the days activities. Once complete, he will put his bulletproof vest on and head back to the Hallow where he will use its proximity to cast a day long Mage Armor without having to spend a mana. Once he is protected Exor walks downstairs to find something eat and wait for the others so he can head to the cave and uncover the grimoire.

Seanfall
2013-03-25, 03:38 PM
"While that sounds like a more than fair deal...I doubt your the only one not of my group to have learned of it." Morty sat back, "Which means your also probably not the first to offer a deal to us, I'm interested in your proposal but I need to speak to the rest of my cabal first."

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 04:09 PM
"While that sounds like a more than fair deal...I doubt your the only one not of my group to have learned of it." Morty sat back, "Which means your also probably not the first to offer a deal to us, I'm interested in your proposal but I need to speak to the rest of my cabal first."

"I only managed to get to the church through a rather hefty bribe to The Street. I am probably the only person with the contacts, resources, and willing to make you this deal. You're free to speak to the rest of your cabal, of course. Take your time."

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 06:05 PM
Avalon walks through the woods, searching. After twenty minutes, she would spot an area of the forest that was the spot. Through quick thinking, she instantly divined the nature of the resonance: Primal. Wild. Dangerous. A lesson long past springs to Avalon's mind, about the nature of the Primal wyld. Despite it looking like a completely normal part of the forest, it was clearly a kind of circle, and whatever was inside would not take kindly to visitors. Going in alone, without the arcana the area represented, would be a bad idea. How lucky she remembered that.

Spacewolf
2013-03-25, 06:08 PM
Avalon goes back to the house to see who was there, annoyed she'd have to come back with Axe sometime if she wanted to have a closer look at the Demesne.

Rotekian
2013-03-25, 06:39 PM
Feeling much refreshed from a long night's sleep in a comfortable bed and a light breakfast, Agrippa resolved to visit the hollow and put up an armour spell for the day as well as cast Supernal vision. With that out the way, he went straight to the ritual chamber to check out the staff for distinctive features and anything he might glean with the aid of his magically enhanced vision. Hopefully he could pick up some information that would identify the staff. If the library contained anything of value about it, he anticipated that he would need a strong idea of what to look for.

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 06:47 PM
Feeling much refreshed from a long night's sleep in a comfortable bed and a light breakfast, Agrippa resolved to visit the hollow and put up an armour spell for the day as well as cast Supernal vision. With that out the way, he went straight to the ritual chamber to check out the staff for distinctive features and anything he might glean with the aid of his magically enhanced vision. Hopefully he could pick up some information that would identify the staff. If the library contained anything of value about it, he anticipated that he would need a strong idea of what to look for.

The staff was covered in Atlantean runes, seeming to be some kind of artifact or imbued item. It did not seem to be naturally generating mana. It had a resonance of stasis and neglect.

To find out what the staff does would be an extended research action. It would be a intelligence + investigation/occult/science, whichever is higher. Everyone can study it, and successes add to the pool. Or you could just stuff mana into it.

Seanfall
2013-03-25, 09:13 PM
"I only managed to get to the church through a rather hefty bribe to The Street. I am probably the only person with the contacts, resources, and willing to make you this deal. You're free to speak to the rest of your cabal, of course. Take your time."

"Thank you for being so understanding...how would I get in contact with you after I speak to them?"

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 09:15 PM
"Thank you for being so understanding...how would I get in contact with you after I speak to them?"

"There's a computer repair shop on fifth. One of my cabalmates runs it. Go there, and one of us will be waiting."

Seanfall
2013-03-25, 09:27 PM
"I think some of my students have mentioned that place...the smart ones luckily the dumb ones can't even spell 'fifth'." Morty rolled his eyes at that, "You can call me Morty by the way...if you haven't learned the other name by any means I mean." Morty took a sip of his coffee, "I'm glad your from the mysterium, the ladder has better dealings with them than say...the Free Council." Morty stood up than and offered Jack his hand. "I'll speak to my Cabal as soon as I can. But if what you say is true than I don't for see any complications."

Shadowy
2013-03-25, 09:32 PM
"I think some of my students have mentioned that place...the smart ones luckily the dumb ones can't even spell 'fifth'." Morty rolled his eyes at that, "You can call me Morty by the way...if you haven't learned the other name by any means I mean." Morty took a sip of his coffee, "I'm glad your from the mysterium, the ladder has better dealings with them than say...the Free Council." Morty stood up than and offered Jack his hand. "I'll speak to my Cabal as soon as I can. But if what you say is true than I don't for see any complications."

He shakes hands with Morty
"Entirely my pleasure."
He then leaves the classroom. The rest of the day would be uneventful.

watupwithdat
2013-03-26, 01:19 AM
After a surprisingly acceptable sleep, Axe had gotten up and found himself some breakfast. The day looked kinda empty, as he only wanted to relax in any case. But there was the natura demesne. He was a little curious considering the particular Path it had affinity to.

He strolled through the large house, trying to find his way. The Hallow was his destination. He had only gotten a vague location yesterday when asking Jerry where it was, so it took him a little longer than he'd hoped. Seems his sense of direction wasn't top notch in here.

Finally reaching the Hallow he took the surroundings in. Not exactly what he was expecting, but it seemed quite potent. Nevertheless, he was there for a purpose. To leviate the mana cost of potent spells. He walked out in what he thought was the center of the Hallow and closed his eyes, concentrating. He needed some specific spells cast upon himself in preparation of where he was going. It was likely the area was riddled with spirits, and he had no way of knowing if they were hostile or not. Instead of improving his natural resilience like usual, he opted for a more spiritual shielding. Naturally, he also needed to see and speak with the spirits, as well as magical resonances, so that was three no-brainer spells already. Interestingly, none of these spells he'd consider part of his morning rituals.

After he was done and prepared, he headed towards the entrance closest to where the natural demesne was located. As he opens there door, he finds Avalon about to open it himself. Seemed she's already tried searching for it, or something. "Found anything?" Axe asked Avalon. "I didn't take you for the nature kind of person."

Ephemeral Shield: 2 armor, includes against spirits and stuff. 1 mana for 1d duration (though it's unlikely he'll have it up that long).
Second Sight: magic sight.
Spirit Tongue: talk/see spirits.

Spacewolf
2013-03-26, 02:37 AM
Getting back to the house Laura finds herself facing the guy she was looking for.

"I was curious to see what magic the opposite of mine would feel like, could be an interesting experiment. Unfortunately it seems the Demesne would be hostile to my presence if I went in without a mage more attuned to it. So I guess I’m stuck waiting for you to go and then tagging along.
We could go now but Morty might be back soon and we don’t want to be the last ones there because we snuck off into the woods.”

A wink followed the last words, mainly to see how the other mage would react.

watupwithdat
2013-03-26, 06:17 AM
"Right." Axe said, barely even acknowledging the joke—assuming that's what it was. He had little interest in such things at the moment, and especially not when it came to mages. Or cabal members. "I'm heading out there now, and seeing you know where it is already you might as well show me. As for Morty, I don't care." He genuinly didn't. He didn't even understand why he was relevant for this particular subject matter. If it was part of the joke, or whatnot, then he just didn't get it.

Spacewolf
2013-03-26, 08:28 AM
"Right then lets make it quick, I don't want the others leaving for the cave before we get back"

Showing Axe the way back to the circle Laura makes sure to keep outside it for now.

Shadowy
2013-03-26, 10:25 AM
The natural demense looked like a normal patch of woods, at least from the parts you could see. It was a large area, the inside unexplored. The main distinction was the resonance, being incredibly strong with the essence of the primal wild.

The spirits inside were incredibly active, with the place having a weak gauntlet. The spirits all seem beaten, and broken, cowering at the edges of the demense. This was the sign of a powerful spirit inside, one that had managed to be the superior predator in a place of the primal wild. This would surely be no gentle journey. Do you wish to go in?

xXBallackXx
2013-03-26, 10:52 AM
Avatar rolls out of bed when the sun begins to stream through his blinds. ****, he thinks, I must have overslept. Shrugging, he gets up and clambers into the shower. He needed to see if he could find a gym nearby, or convert one of the unused rooms in the Sanctum to some sort of home gym… But those thoughts were for another day, he had much more important things to do today. Emerging from the shower, he throws on a simple gray tee, jeans, and a leather jacket. Descending down the stairs he finds that he is alone in the house. Mentally berating himself for waking up so late, Avatar grabs a slice of toast and leaves the Sanctum, taking a brief moment to cast Fate’s Protection and The Sybil’s Sight upon himself, headed north to learn more about this cabal of Arrows apparently not affiliated with the Consilium.

Sybil's Sight, Fate's Protection.

Seanfall
2013-03-26, 12:07 PM
Morty would spend the rest of the School day doing as he would usually do teaching his students, correcting any misbehavior, oh how he wished teachers were allowed to smack the kids again, and trying to find an inexpensive way to move his stuff. Oh well that was tangential right now.

When he had a chance he pulled out his cell phone and dialed the number he had for Exor at least the cheap phones they had acquired yesterday.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-26, 12:52 PM
When he had a chance he pulled out his cell phone and dialed the number he had for Exor at least the cheap phones they had acquired yesterday.
Hey Morty, what's going on? I'm just on my way home now.

Seanfall
2013-03-26, 12:55 PM
"Hi, I got a visit today. It seems he's interested in the info we made a deal about. I wanted to go over his offer with you guys before deciding, in person of course."

XianTheCoder
2013-03-26, 01:12 PM
"Hi, I got a visit today. It seems he's interested in the info we made a deal about. I wanted to go over his offer with you guys before deciding, in person of course."

Interesting, news travels fast. Be careful saying specifics over the phone, it's a simple trick of Forces to intercept these transmissions, which I have used very often myself. I have also found a pair of individuals that may have interest in the information. We need to be careful and selective with how we broker this information. I know you said before that you aren't specifically looking for personal gains, but this information puts us in the driver's seat, considering we are new in town, we need to use it effectively, and not agree to anything to hastily. Plus we want to make sure that we leave ourselves enough proprietary information that we can hopefully turn it into more information to broker. I appreciate the heads up, when you're back we can discuss in more specific detail.

In case it isn't obvious, the two individuals that Exor is referring to are Karait and Mjolnir, as they were described to him as 'Seer Hunters'.