PDA

View Full Version : Free Comic Book Day 2013

Drakeburn
2013-03-12, 06:46 PM
For those of you who do not know, every year on every first Saturday of May, is Free Comic Book Day (http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992). A special day where comic book stores hand out free comic books. Although not all the comic books in the stores will be free, there are certain comic books that are free.

Where: Your local comic book store
When: May 4, 2013
The Website (http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992)

So, are you going?

Grinner
2013-03-17, 07:33 PM
An actual, free comic?

Eh. I don't see why not. I feel like I should save up some money and actually buy something... :smallconfused: I've never really been into traditional comics, though.

Drakeburn
2013-03-17, 07:57 PM
An actual, free comic?

Eh. I don't see why not. I feel like I should save up some money and actually buy something... :smallconfused: I've never really been into traditional comics, though.

Not A free comic. Free comic books!

There is a whole variety to choose from. And you can take more than just one (depending on the rules your local comic book store has for FCBD).

JoshL
2013-03-17, 08:26 PM
I usually end up in a comic store on FCBD, but rarely intentionally. Just happened to be going in to buy a book. However, this year, I will intentionally try to make it, as that there's a Mouse Guard book!

The shop I go to tends to go a little all out on FCBD...local authors signing books, Magic tourneys, crazy sales and lots of folks in costume. It's pretty cool, but does tend to get a little crowded!

Dr.Epic
2013-03-18, 06:05 AM
So, are you going?

Cool stuff for free? Is Yamcha weaker than a saibaman?

Traab
2013-03-18, 08:00 AM
Cool stuff for free? Is Yamcha weaker than a saibaman?

Im going to say. . . yes? Bah, next time stick with the classics! "Is a frogs butt watertight?" :smallbiggrin:

Darth Credence
2013-03-18, 11:27 AM
I will definitely be there. I just started up reading comics again when DC started the new 52, and my hold is actually starting to get a bit ridiculous. I really want to get the Judge Dredd classics, and then beyond that I'll just see what else is out there.

Dr.Epic
2013-03-18, 02:08 PM
Im going to say. . . yes? Bah, next time stick with the classics! "Is a frogs butt watertight?" :smallbiggrin:

:smallconfused:

What the heck where you doing in the 90s/early 2000s?

Dr. Bath
2013-03-18, 04:08 PM
I will most likely go, it's normally pretty fun +free stuff. A winning combination. I usually use it as an excuse to go into town and pick stuff up anyway.

Do you know who's doing free comics this year? Last year there was a pretty good spread, particularly the Archaia hardback and Atomic Robo.

Morph Bark
2013-03-18, 06:00 PM

Being an adventurer, clearly.

Shame this is prettymuch limited to North America.

Traab
2013-03-18, 06:06 PM

Was that a pokemon reference? I ask because I actually stopped playing them after a certain point, so I may miss the new names.

Dr. Bath
2013-03-18, 07:39 PM
Being an adventurer, clearly.

Shame this is prettymuch limited to North America.

Nah loads of UK places do it as well. Pretty much any good comic+ shop will do it. Brings in a lot of trade.

@Traab: Sounds like an animus to me. Aint no pokemans I ever heard of.

Mauve Shirt
2013-03-18, 07:41 PM
Nah, it's DBZ, Epic's latest obsession. :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2013-03-18, 07:45 PM
Haha I forgot animus is an actual thing and not just my stupid term for anime...

WOOPS.

Dr.Epic
2013-03-18, 07:56 PM
Was that a pokemon reference? I ask because I actually stopped playing them after a certain point, so I may miss the new names.

http://static.divbyzero.nl/facepalm/doublefacepalm.jpg

Yes, that was a pokemon reference. Yamcha is a type of pokemon. He helps Spirit Detective Edward Elric defeat the hollows in his giant robot mech Gurren Lagann to protect the digital world and help find the One Piece. Believe it!

:smallwink:
:smalltongue:

Nah, it's DBZ, Epic's latest obsession. :smalltongue:

Wrong again Mauve Shirt! My latest obsession is Team Four Star!:smalltongue: I also like the fact people are starting to keep track of my obsessions.:smalltongue:

Traab
2013-03-18, 09:59 PM
http://static.divbyzero.nl/facepalm/doublefacepalm.jpg

Yes, that was a pokemon reference. Yamcha is a type of pokemon. He helps Spirit Detective Edward Elric defeat the hollows in his giant robot mech Gurren Lagann to protect the digital world and help find the One Piece. Believe it!

:smallwink:
:smalltongue:

Wrong again Mauve Shirt! My latest obsession is Team Four Star!:smalltongue: I also like the fact people are starting to keep track of my obsessions.:smalltongue:

One Piece? Thats the thing you need to get before you can become Shaman King right? *EDIT* Wait, that cant be right, because its Revy and Dutch that are after the shaman king title.

Dr.Epic
2013-03-19, 12:20 PM
One Piece? Thats the thing you need to get before you can become Shaman King right? *EDIT* Wait, that cant be right, because its Revy and Dutch that are after the shaman king title.

What? NO! You're confusing one story with another. Stop! And if you're doing it intentionally, STOP! It's not funny and is really annoying! I mean really, who does something that dumb?

Traab
2013-03-19, 07:49 PM
What? NO! You're confusing one story with another. Stop! And if you're doing it intentionally, STOP! It's not funny and is really annoying! I mean really, who does something that dumb?

Wait, which part is confused? Because now im confused. I KNOW that Archer told Rev about needing One Piece.

Morph Bark
2013-03-20, 04:49 AM

Your real name doesn't happen to be TJ, does it?

Dr.Epic
2013-03-20, 11:49 AM
Your real name doesn't happen to be TJ, does it?

I don't know what this TJ is, but it sounds just like Raditz.