PDA

View Full Version : Warforged - Illithid Makers

gurgleflep
2013-03-12, 08:50 PM
Hello! I've posted the question in another forum and it seems to be a great idea (for the most part), but I'm unable to stat it out myself. Basically, I'm wanting a Warforged that's crafted by the Illithid race to look like them. An "extraction" attack, a hollow stomach/body filled with some form of brine to preserve the brain for a particularly glutinous/slothful Illithid. Something could protect its creator(s) if needed.

Thank you to whomever decides to stat this out (or at least give me an idea/concept to do so myself).

LordErebus12
2013-03-12, 08:53 PM
Hello! I've posted the question in another forum and it seems to be a great idea (for the most part), but I'm unable to stat it out myself. Basically, I'm wanting a Warforged that's crafted by the Illithid race to look like them. An "extraction" attack, a hollow stomach/body filled with some form of brine to preserve the brain for a particularly glutinous/slothful Illithid. Something could protect its creator(s) if needed.

Thank you to whomever decides to stat this out (or at least give me an idea/concept to do so myself).

Sir, I stand in front of this idea with a firebrand. (ive been working with a world where warforged and flayers were in head opposition for several years)

otherwise i give you kudos, its a neat idea.

gurgleflep
2013-03-12, 08:56 PM
Sir, I stand in front of this idea with a firebrand. (ive been working with a world where warforged and flayers were in head opposition for several years)

otherwise i give you kudos, its a neat idea.

I'm sorry, firebrand?

I can't take full acceptance for the idea. The hollow body to hold brains was somebody elses idea, as well as most of the other stuff. I basically just thought of the appearance.

LordErebus12
2013-03-12, 09:02 PM
throw this on a warforged of your own.

add 4 tentacle attacks.

Brain Storage (Su):
This Species of Warforged (dubbed Warflayer) has a storage compartment within its stomach, allowing up to 5 brains to fit within after extraction. Any brain matter within the storage is under a constant Gentle Repose effect and will remain fresh infinitely.

Improved Grab (Ex):
To use this ability, a Warflayer must hit a Small, Medium, or Large creature with its tentacle attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and attaches the tentacle to the opponent’s head. A Warflayer can grab a Huge or larger creature, but only if it can somehow reach the foe’s head.

If a Warflayer begins its turn with at least one tentacle attached, it can try to attach its remaining tentacles with a single grapple check. The opponent can escape with a single successful grapple check or an Escape Artist check, but the Warflayer gets a +2 circumstance bonus for every tentacle that was attached at the beginning of the opponent’s turn.

Extract (Ex):
A Warflayer that begins its turn with all four tentacles attached and that makes a successful grapple check automatically extracts the opponent’s brain, instantly killing that creature and stores it within its Brain Storage. This power is useless against constructs, elementals, oozes, plants, and undead. It is not instantly fatal to foes with multiple heads, such as ettins and hydras.

LA +3

Edit: ive came around to the idea. :smallbiggrin:

gurgleflep
2013-03-12, 09:09 PM
This will work quite nicely. Thank you for the name and abilities, this is fantastic! :smallbiggrin:

LordErebus12
2013-03-12, 09:11 PM
This will work quite nicely. Thank you for the name and abilities, this is fantastic! :smallbiggrin:

I took a leaf from my old necromancer.

"always preserve your bodies before storing them in a bag of holding, it will cut down on the smell of rotting flesh."

ShadowFireLance
2013-03-12, 09:19 PM
Dude, this is awesome, Totally using this, I like it....Maybe you could instead store quintessance, and re-fluff for Thoon flayers...:smallcool:

LordErebus12
2013-03-12, 09:21 PM
Dude, this is awesome, Totally using this, I like it....Maybe you could instead store quintessance, and re-fluff for Thoon flayers...:smallcool:

God, im terrified to use this with my rebuilds for pathfinder.
Mind Flayers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245332)
Timeforged (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245156)

gurgleflep
2013-03-12, 09:30 PM

Thoon Flayer? Would you be so kind as to elaborate? I know they're in MM5, but I'm AFB at the moment.

ShadowFireLance
2013-03-12, 09:34 PM
Thoon Flayer? Would you be so kind as to elaborate? I know they're in MM5, but I'm AFB at the moment.

Not much different from normal, except they want to kill everyone/thing and take quintessence, Which is really not defined at all.

gurgleflep
2013-03-12, 09:37 PM
Not much different from normal, except they want to kill everyone/thing and take quintessence, Which is really not defined at all.

Methinks that I'll have to use said beastie... Mind Flayers are one of my favorite critters to send at parties, and that just boosts the idea of using them!

Amechra
2013-03-13, 08:02 AM
You could also have it be a set of 'forged feats, that stem off of Daelkyr-Designed Construction (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12957834&postcount=81), making them all Illithid like...