PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Playing a Half-Celestial. Some ideas

Aasimar
2013-03-13, 08:34 AM
Hey guys.

I'll be playing a Half-Celestial Paladin (A Chaotic Good variant, that's pretty much the same mechanically, only gets bluff instead of diplomacy as class skill). I've been wondering about some of my options.

Firstly, for various PR reasons, I've got Savant for Perform: Storytelling, and since the Half-Celestial is a Quarter Elf. (half elf race, but since she's now a half-celestial...well) she got a free skill focus which also went into storytelling. I'm wondering if taking two levels of bard to get that massive modifier (+15 at level 2) into Diplomacy and Sense Motive. (I can use the magical knack trait to make bard slightly more useful for utility spells also)

I'm also wondering if I should at some point take the Eldritch Heritage: Elemental (fire) bloodline feat chain

If I did, I would cover fire resistance, one of the big ones Half-Celestials don't get, and eventually raise my base speed by 30 feet, which should also translate into a higher flight speed (which is by Half-celestial definition, 2x land speed). I'd also get a ranged ray of fire to use if melee isn't feasible, which sucks on the baseline, but with smite evil is at least workable.

At the moment, I've got Power Attack as a feat.

Stats, after racial modification are:

Str. 18
Dex. 16
Con. 16
Int. 14
Wis. 9
Cha. 20

Any ideas for what I should do, or comments on the ideas I've put forward?

Aasimar
2013-03-14, 05:38 PM
While I hate to bump my own posts, I can't resist doing it this one time to see if there's any input people wanna give.