PDA

View Full Version : Input for an Epic Gestalt build

Kazyan
2013-03-13, 12:03 PM
The build will be a DFI Bardblade Glaivelock, if you can parse that density of jargon. Of note is that the DM is allowing a homebrew feat to treat certian Eldritch Blast shapes (glaive, spear, and unmodified) as weapon attacks in addition to being SLAs--so I can power attack and get DFI bonuses, but run into DR. I'm labeling the feat "Eldritch Physicality" at the moment, but we haven't hashed out the details.

Lion Spirit Totem Barbarian 1/Warlock 7/Mindbender 1/Warlock +10/Chameleon 2//Bard 3/Warblade 18

Feats:
Flaw2 Dragontouched (Flaw: Poor Reflexes)
Flaw1 Power Attack (Flaw: Vulnerable)
1 Able Learner
H Dragonfire Inspiration
3 Eldritch Physicality
Bard3 Song of the Heart (using the Eberron ACF)
6 Song of the White Raven
9 Obtain Familiar
12 Leap Attack
15 Mindsight
18 Extra Invocation (Flee The Scene)
21 Shadowmaster (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a)
Chameleon2 Eldritch Sculptor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a) (Variable, but this is what it will be most of the time)

Invocations:
Least - Eldritch Glaive
Least - Baleful Utterance
Least - Darkness
Lesser - Eldritch Chain
Lesser - Beshadowed Blast
Lesser - Charm
Lesser - Flee The Scene
Greater - Eldritch Cone
Greater - Vitriolic Blast
Greater - Enervating Shadow
Dark - Eldrtich Doom
Dark - Dark Discorporation

Most of these invocations suck, but are necessary for Mindbender and the two Epic Warlock feats.

Due to Eldritch Sculptor, I can invoke Eldritch Glaive twice on a full attack, so Pounce works. Very well, in fact. It also grants a +2 to hit and increases range to 15', which is a mixed bag. Shadowmaster provides a 50% miss chance and at-will use of Conjuration (Creation) or Conjuration (Summoning) spells of 8th level or lower from the Wiz/Sorc list--worth the 4 invocations, let me tell you---but little of it can affect myself due to being immune to anything shadow-related. I think I can get away with a shadowy Mage's Magnificent Mansion, but not much else.

On the Warblade side, I will be focusing on White Raven and some bits of Diamond Mind, with the help of a Ring of Undersong to replace Concentration with Perform (Dance).

The rest of the build should be self-explanatory to this board. No Words of Creation because I can't play [Exalted] right, and no Hellfire Warlock because it doesn't fit with the character's personality.

The other party members include a Warblade//Warforged War Troll--it's a homebrew combination, and the build is based on cramming the word "War" in as many times as possible--and a Duskblade//Cleric/Dweomerkeeper with Radiant Servant of Pelor changed to power up Inflicts instead of Cures, who is easily capable of 500+ damage with Channeled Harms + Smiting Harms.

Any suggestions or obvious missteps?