PDA

View Full Version : Dragonblood value

Scarey Nerd
2013-03-13, 12:56 PM
My players in today's session killed a Young Green Dragon, and in true adventurer style decided to take the corpse and get everything of value from it, including draining its blood to get a total of 7 pints. How much do you guys think the blood would be worth? Cheers in advance for helping their merciless butchery :smallsmile:

Diarmuid
2013-03-13, 01:44 PM
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

So you've got to ask yourself, what is dragon blood actually used for? The same question can be used for the other parts.

Mechanically, the only pieces I know have any actual value are the scales/hide to make armor/shields and you should be able to determine value from the crafting rules that deal with those special materials.

Santra
2013-03-13, 01:49 PM
I believe either CM or CA have it listed as an alternate material component.
Scratch that. I know I have seen it somewhere but I cant remember where.

chainlink
2013-03-13, 02:57 PM
Hmmm, there is the Metamagic component section in UA pg. 139. May give you some ideas.

Shalist
2013-03-13, 04:18 PM
Well, there's this:

Blood Elixir: A blood elixir is a concoction brewed from the concentrated blood of a true dragon. A blood elixir grants the drinker a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength (if brewed from a chromatic dragon) or Charisma (if brewed from a metallic dragon), as well as an additional effect as noted on the table below, based on the dragon’s variety. You can consume a blood elixir as a full-round action (which provokes attacks of opportunity), and its effects last for 10 minutes.
These effects are extraordinary, not magical{table]Dragon Variety |Effect |Price
Green |suggestion (2) |1,200 gp[/table]
1 Functions as the dragon ability of the same name.
2 This ability is usable only once during the elixir’s duration.
Its effect lasts until the end of the elixir’s duration.

Dragoncraft Price: see above; Dragon Part: dragon blood (1
gallon); Skill: Craft (alchemy); Weight: 1/2 lb.

Annos
2013-03-13, 08:27 PM
Dragonblood elixers from some dragon related book...

GoodbyeSoberDay
2013-03-13, 09:18 PM
Doesn't it seem a bit weird that picking a dragon apart piece by piece and wearing their skin is SOP for adventurers? These are highly intelligent beings who mostly keep to themselves. Then an adventuring group comes in, not only killing them and taking their stuff, but drinking their blood for power. I imagine these adventurers also wearing Orc-skin coats, Kobold Vertebrae rings, etc. Ew.

gorfnab
2013-03-13, 09:31 PM
Dragon Magazine #332, article "Cutting Up the Dragon"

Curmudgeon
2013-03-13, 09:44 PM
Doesn't it seem a bit weird that picking a dragon apart piece by piece and wearing their skin is SOP for adventurers?
No, it doesn't seem weird at all. Adventurers are bad guys. They spend most of their time going around killing people and taking their stuff. Generally they commit these atrocities based on racial prejudice (See Orcs; kill Orcs!) without ever getting to know these people; instead, they're slaughtering on sight.

I've never played a Good-aligned D&D character. I just can't stomach the hypocrisy involved in that choice.

TaiLiu
2013-03-13, 09:55 PM
I've never played a Good-aligned D&D character. I just can't stomach the hypocrisy involved in that choice.
The hypocrisy's the best part! :smallbiggrin:

Yogibear41
2013-03-13, 11:38 PM
No, it doesn't seem weird at all. Adventurers are bad guys. They spend most of their time going around killing people and taking their stuff. Generally they commit these atrocities based on racial prejudice (See Orcs; kill Orcs!) without ever getting to know these people; instead, they're slaughtering on sight.

The problem with DnD alignments is that alot of time they aren't based on what you do as much as what you are, as well as only accounting for one particular point of view (humans usually) sure they think orcs are evil, but orcs think humans are evil to so yeah. Seems to be based around a lord of the rings style to me orcs= bad elves=good. Only reason most animals aren't considered evil is because they lack a high enough int score to know what they are doing. But when you look at something like a Winter Wolf or Worgs there pretty much the exact same thing as a wolf, there just smart.