PDA

View Full Version : Astral Construct as Mount

RealMarkP
2013-03-13, 01:58 PM
So, my DM wasn't too happy with me trying to create power armor out of an Astral Construct. A higher sculpt check might be needed. Instead, I was thinking, is there anything stopping me from creating a quadruped construct that a PC can ride? Does the construct need a special ability to be 'ridable'? Does the rider need a ride check even if he doesn't need to steer the mount?

blackspeeker
2013-03-13, 02:14 PM
I don't see why you couldn't form it into a ridable mount, I've made a few in a campaign I'm running to ferry me like Lapras for short distances. Though if you aren't using the constructor PrC there isn't too much point in making a mount, seeing as you wont be riding it too long.

I too have been trying to talk my DM into letting me make an astral suit of power armor, I would probably be better suited researching/making a power myself.

RealMarkP
2013-03-13, 02:18 PM
I've still a way away from the Constructor PrC, so I was thinking the mount could be augmented and extended to last as long as possible. Fights, usually, don't last too long in our campaign so one, maybe two mounts could suffice. Anyway, this mount idea functions more like a vehicle than anything.