PDA

View Full Version : Scion: (Marvel Super)Hero [PEACH]

Friv
2013-03-13, 03:58 PM
So, I'm puttering about, and because I putter I decided to see about putting together a simple Scion hack for MSHRP.

This is my first draft; it mostly uses the rules from MSHRP but makes a few changes.

(I haven't addressed Milestones yet; I'm deciding whether to just leave them as-is or try to make a slight change of some kind to enforce series genre.)

I would appreciate thoughts on,
(a) Whether I have phrased these in a way that makes sense,
(b) Whether any of them break the rules engine, and
(c) What to do with Heku, seriously.

-----

The following changes are made to the characters and rules:

1) Replace “Affiliation” die with “Legend” die. This die is considered to be d6 for minor monsters, d8 for scions and front-line monsters, d10 for demigods and extremely powerful monsters, and d12 for gods and Titan Avatars. Ordinary humans don’t really get Legend dice, because they suck. (Note that for mobs and minions, the usual “Affiliation Dice” will take the form of a primary power set “Mob”, and will be otherwise unaltered.)

2) All players begin play with the usual three Distinctions.

3) All Heroes have the primary power set “Divine Heritage”. This set uses a mixture of d6s and d8s, and can have a few SFX and Limits. Demigods upgrade their maximum Divine Heritage pools to d10s. Gods replace “Divine Heritage” with “Divine Purview”, and upgrade their pools to d12s (and generally have broader abilities to boot).

4) All Heroes have the secondary power set “Inheritance”. This set also uses a mixture of d6s and d8s. Demigods keep the power set, while gods upgrade it to the “Panoply” power set, and upgrade their pools to d8s and d10s.

5) Heroes can have specialties that are d6s (mortal training) and d8s (mortal expert). Demigods, again, can buy d10 (legendary mastery), and gods can buy d12 (superhuman capability).

6) Assets, Complications, and Stress are unaltered.

7) Powerful characters often develop dangerous Fatebonds. Heroes may have a single Fatebond, demigods may have two, and gods may have three. These dice may be used in place of any other die above, but always roll as d4+1PP. Fatebonds are purchased as d6 Specialties.

General Rule Change: Heroes may only spend 1 PP per roll to add an additional die roll to their result. Demigods may spend 2 PP, and gods may spend as much as they like. All characters may spend as much as they like to add additional effect dice, subject to the usual rules about not dealing the same type of effect twice.

Power Set Rules:
Divinie Heritage Powers:

Divine Heritage powers generally fall into supernatural enhancement, and direct control of various elements or concepts in the form of vague Domains, along with a long list of SFX.

For the sake of clarity, the following are enhancement options:
Strength, Reflexes, Stamina, Charm, Guile, Senses, Intellect

The following purviews can generally be bought as Domains: (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Light, Darkness, Plant) Control, Animal Empathy, Death, Luck, Illusion, Prophecy, Sorcery, Healing.

The following purviews generally take the form of SFX: Guardian, Justice, Moon, Sun, War.

Each Pantheon has one unique SFX that players can draw on:
Aesir: Jotunblut. You may spend one PP to give another character one of your Enhanced Physical traits for one scene.
Amatsukami: Tsukumo-Gami. Add a d6 and step up the effect die when creating any Asset or Resource involving objects.
Aztlanti: Itzli. You may inflict d6 physical stress on yourself in exchange for 1 PP. In addition, when you inflict physical stress, you may step it down by one to gain 1 PP.
Dodekathon: Arete. Choose a Specialty. When making a roll using that specialty, you may spend 1 PP to reroll and step the die up one step.
Loa: Cheval. You may spend 1 PP on any roll to add a willing character’s Specialty or primary Power die to an applicable roll.
Pesdejet: Heku. … ?

In addition, there is an SFX that all Demigods gain for free:
Demigods: The Weight of Destiny. When one or more of your d10s creates an opportunity, step up the Doom Die you create and gain 2 PP instead of 1.

Gods replace the above SFX with the one below:
God: The Doom of the Gods. Whenever you create an opportunity, step up the Doom Die you create and gain 2 PP instead of 1.

Inheritance and Panoply:

Inheritance and Panoply powers can be Relics, Followers, or Guides. In all three cases, they use the Gear limit to reflect that they can be lost or separated from the character. SFX for Inheritance and Panoply must be tied to one of the character’s dice, and become nonfunctional if the Gear limit is activated for that die. Followers typically have the “Independent” SFX, which allows the player to lend that die to another player to use as an Inheritance secondary power die.

Specialties:
Scion MHRP uses fifteen Specialties rather than the thirteen present in the core rules. They are as follows:
Academics, Athletics, Business, Combat, Covert, Crafts, Drive, Expression, Larceny, Medicine, Menace, Mystic, Psyche, Survival, Science

Friv
2013-03-13, 04:00 PM
Scion: Hero Character Creation for MHRP:

Legend: d8

Distinctions: Pick three, as usual.

Power Set (Divine Heritage):
Choose either: d8, d8, d8, d6
or d8, d8, d6, d6, d6
SFX: Pick three SFX
Limit: Choose one Limit. You may choose a second Limit and get a fourth SFX.

Half of your SFX and powers should relate directly to your divine parent.

Power Set (Inheritance):
Choose either: d8, d8 or d8, d6, d6
SFX: Pick two SFX.
Limit: Gear; shut down each die separately. SFX are tied to individual dice. You may choose a second Limit and get a third SFX.

Specialties:
Choose either:
d8, d8, d8, d6, d6 or
d8, d8, d6, d6, d6, d6
Bonus Points: You have an additional four d6s. One can be spent to add a single die to either of your power sets, or to purchase an additional Specialty at d6. Alternately, one can be spent to step up a die by one to d8, or two can be spent to purchase an additional SFX for one of your Power Sets.

(Upgrade templates for Demigod and God will follow sometime relatively soon. Feel free to start commenting without them. ;) )