PDA

View Full Version : Tainted Warrior/Infused Warrior - your opinion?

ShurikVch
2013-03-13, 04:03 PM
There are PrCs from Dragon magazine ## 302 and 321.
Those characters have link with outsiders - evil (Tainted, #302) or good (Infused, #321)
There are also Tainted/Infused Spellcasters, but they have only half-progression, thus not so useful.
But what about Warriors? They cannot be worse than Core Fighter!
Still, Internet surprisingly silent about them.
If you used TW/IW, or seen how it was played, or at least read in the magazine about classes in question, can you give your opinion about it?

Yora
2013-03-13, 04:14 PM
I think it looks awful. You don't get any bonus feats and instead a very small number of lame spell-like abilities and constant nightmares and hallucinations. And eventually you become a monster. Even for a Dragon prestige class, that seems really disappointing.
The only reason to take it is the fluff, and if the fluff is all you want, you are way better of doing anything but taking this class to represent it mechanically.

ShurikVch
2013-03-13, 04:54 PM
I think it looks awful. You don't get any bonus feats and instead a very small number of lame spell-like abilities and constant nightmares and hallucinations. And eventually you become a monster. Even for a Dragon prestige class, that seems really disappointing.
Lame? Dunno... Plane Shift, 2/day; Blasphemy, 2/day; Chaos Hammer, 5/day; See Invisibility, always on; Unholy Aura, 1/day; Geas/Quest, 1/day...

What about Infused Warrior? Looks even better... It's the rare case when I can choose Good-themed PrC over Evil-themed.
But, actually, can take them both... :smallcool:

Still, thanks for an answer.