PDA

View Full Version : Deep Orcs, Mutants from the Wastes (Poisoned World 3.5)

LordErebus12
2013-03-14, 03:16 AM
i need to make a race of orcs that have become heavily mutated by radiation, almost like the lambent were in Gears of War. I need someone who can help me hedge it out.

Figured we'd use the base orc for the basis.

http://i.imgur.com/aG5ghFl.jpg

LordErebus12
2013-03-14, 03:17 AM
+6 Strength, +2 Constitution, –2 Intelligence, –2 Wisdom, –4 Charisma
Medium Aberration
A deep orc’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision out to 120 feet.
Light Sensitivity: Deep orcs are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
Immunities: Disease, Poison, Radiation
Weapon Proficiencies: A deep orc is automatically proficient with one martial weapon of his choice, and the orc double-axe is always treated as being a martial weapon.
Smash: A deep orc's unarmed attacks are always treated as being lethal. Any item an orc attempts to sunder, including weapons, is treated as having a hardness 5 points lower than its actual hardness (cannot be lower than 0). Deep orcs suffer a -6 penalty on attack rolls in which they attempt to deal nonlethal damage, as opposed to the normal -4.
Ferocity: A deep orc remains conscious and can continue fighting even if his hit point total is below 0. He is still staggered and loses one hit point each round. A deep orc with ferocity still dies when its hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to its Constitution score.
Mutations: Deep orcs have different types of mutations, depending on numerous factors. Each deep orc comes with two different mutations (see below).
Tougher Than The Wastes: +4 racial bonus on all Intimidate and Survival checks.
Natural Attacks: 2 Claws (1d4)
Automatic Languages: Common and Orc. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Mant, Undercommon.
Favored Class: Barbarian.
Level Adjustment: +2

They have grayish pigmentation, sloping foreheads, jutting misshapen jaws, prominent twisted teeth, and coarse body hair.

Mutations:

{colsp=4}
d20 Roll|Mutation|Single Roll|Double Roll
1|Exploding Death | Those within 10 ft suffer 5 points of damage per Deep Orc HD. Damage is half radiation (DC 25 Fort half) and half acid (DC 10 + 1/2 Racial Hit Dice + Constitution modifier) | re-roll on table.
2|Fast Healing | Fast Healing equal to 1/4th the deep orc's HD | gain Regeneration instead, bypassed by fire damage.
3|Giant Claws | can't hold weapons, primary claw damage increased to d6s | Claws become scythe-like, dealing 2d4 damage and critically on natural 20s (x4 damage)
4|Club foot | Base Speed 20, -5 penalty on balance checks | re-roll on table
5|Hunchback | +2 Con, -2 Dex | re-roll on table
6|Redundant Organs | 25% chance of ignoring critical hits | re-roll on table
7|Bony plates | +3 natural armor | +6 natural armor, cannot wear armor
8|Horns | gains a primary Gore attack, dealing 1d6 damage | gain powerful charge
9|Gigantism | functions as powerful body, allowing the deep orc to be treated as large when beneficial | re-roll on table
10|Neurotoxic Claws | 1d6 Dex damage initial and secondary (DC 10 + 1/2 Racial Hit Dice + Constitution modifier) | 2d6 Dex damage initial and secondary (DC 10 + 1/2 Racial Hit Dice + Constitution modifier)
11|Extra Arm | Gains an additional claw attack. The Deep Orc now qualifies for the Multiweapon Fighting feat. | Gain another claw attack
12|Giant Arm | Attacks with that arm function as if it was a two-handed attack. | Gain 10 ft. Reach with that Arm, -5 penalty on balance checks.
13|Tentacle | gain a secondary tentacle attack (1d4 bludgeoning) with 15 ft. reach and can trip | gain a second tentacle; both are spiked (dealing 1d6 piercing and bludgeoning).
14|Acid Spray | standard action 3/day, 30ft cone of acid dealing 3d6+ Deep Orc's HD. Reflex half DC (10 + 1/2 Racial Hit Dice + Constitution modifier) | The acid continues to burn for 1 additional round, dealing 1d6 acid damage (no save).
15|Radiation Aura | 10 ft. aura of heavy radiation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14865413&postcount=5); DC 25 Fort half. | Lethal Radiation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14865413&postcount=5) DC 30 Fort half.
16|Body Spikes|any natural attack, grapple or non-reach melee weapon used against deep orc causes the attacker to suffer 1d4 damage|damage dealt is 1d6
17|Hemotoxic Claws | 1d6 Con damage initial and secondary (DC 10 + 1/2 Racial Hit Dice + Constitution modifier) | 2d6 Con damage initial and secondary (DC 10 + 1/2 Racial Hit Dice + Constitution modifier)
18|Enhanced Speed | increase all movement speeds by 10 ft. | increase all movement speeds by 20 ft.
19|Clinging Grip |gain a climb speed equal to half the deep orc's movement speed | climb speed equal to deep orc's movement speed.
20|{colsp=3}Re-roll once, counting roll as a double roll.

Gnorman
2013-03-14, 03:21 AM
What kind of mutations are we talking here?

LordErebus12
2013-03-14, 03:29 AM
extra or giant arms, tentacles, acid spraying, venom in claws and bite, auras of radiation, glowing eyes and spores growing off them, exploding deaths, new movement speeds, absolutely rapid growth and birthing rates.

the works. go nuts. maybe each orc gets more as they level.

Gnorman
2013-03-14, 04:04 AM
Sounds like a job for random tables

LordErebus12
2013-03-14, 04:19 AM
Sounds like a job for random tables

im inclined to agree

LordErebus12
2013-03-15, 02:37 AM
okay, using Empedocles's orc rebuild for the base. i need help coming up with the mutations.

LordErebus12
2013-03-21, 03:54 AM
still need assistance with the different mutations.

zabbarot
2013-03-21, 07:28 AM
You could always toss in some more debilitating mutations. Birth defects really. Malformed appendages and curved spines could be pretty simple to stat, and could make for some monstrous creatures. Say you roll for one big arm and on your second roll you get something like clubbed hands. Now he can't really wield a weapon but he gets a bonus to his unarmed damage. Also for this list of mutations, I'm assuming that you're using these as monsters more than PCs.

Mutations
No fine manipulators (hands don't work :smallfrown:, bigger claws though)
Club foot (lower base speed)
Hunchback (raise con, lower dex)
Redundant Organs (as light Fortification)
Bony plate (natural armor)
Horns (gain a gore attack, maybe a bonus on intimidate)
Gigantism (can count as one size larger when useful)
Dwarfism (is a small creature, less strong, probably a little smarter than average to survive)

LordErebus12
2013-03-21, 07:35 AM
You could always toss in some more debilitating mutations. Birth defects really. Malformed appendages and curved spines could be pretty simple to stat, and could make for some monstrous creatures. Say you roll for one big arm and on your second roll you get something like clubbed hands. Now he can't really wield a weapon but he gets a bonus to his unarmed damage. Also for this list of mutations, I'm assuming that you're using these as monsters more than PCs.

Mutations
No fine manipulators (hands don't work :smallfrown:, bigger claws though)
Club foot (lower base speed)
Hunchback (raise con, lower dex)
Redundant Organs (as light Fortification)
Bony plate (natural armor)
Horns (gain a gore attack, maybe a bonus on intimidate)
Gigantism (can count as one size larger when useful)
Dwarfism (is a small creature, less strong, probably a little smarter than average to survive)

all excellent ideas, i just need help fleshing them out.

zabbarot
2013-03-21, 08:07 AM
possible rules?

Mutations
extra arm - Gains an additional claw attack and qualifies for the Multiweapon Fighting feat.
giant arm - Attacks made with this arm do an additional 1/2 Str damage. ie. one handed weapons do damage as if they were two handed.
two tentacles - there are rules for this in Lords of Madness, I'll look them up when I get home if you still need them
acid spray - 3d6 30ft cone of acid continues to burn for 1 round dealing an additional 1d6 of damage to anything in the area. Reflex half DC 14(?)
poisonous claws - What kind of poison do you want on these?
radiation aura - I'm not sure how you want to do radiation
exploding deaths - Maybe 5 damage per HD. Half Radiation, half acid
fast healing - Fast Healing 1?
No fine manipulators - can't hold weapons, claw damage increased to d6
Club foot - Base Speed 20
Hunchback - +2 Con, -2 Dex
Redundant Organs - Light Fortification
Bony plates - +2 natural armor
Horns - d6 Gore attack
Gigantism - Functions as large when beneficial.

Some additional ideas, I'm not sure what you plan to do if you roll the same thing twice but a for a few of these I can think of possible buffs. Like if you rolled horns twice they get the powerful charge attack, or if you roll giant arm twice you could gain a rend attack. Double fast healing could give Regeneration. Things like that >.>

LordErebus12
2013-03-21, 08:09 AM
possible rules?

Mutations
extra arm - Gains an additional claw attack and qualifies for the Multiweapon Fighting feat.
giant arm - Attacks made with this arm do an additional 1/2 Str damage. ie. one handed weapons do damage as if they were two handed.
two tentacles - there are rules for this in Lords of Madness, I'll look them up when I get home if you still need them
acid spray - 3d6 30ft cone of acid continues to burn for 1 round dealing an additional 1d6 of damage to anything in the area. Reflex half DC 14(?)
poisonous claws - What kind of poison do you want on these?
radiation aura - I'm not sure how you want to do radiation
exploding deaths - Maybe 5 damage per HD. Half Radiation, half acid
fast healing - Fast Healing 1?
No fine manipulators - can't hold weapons, claw damage increased to d6
Club foot - Base Speed 20
Hunchback - +2 Con, -2 Dex
Redundant Organs - Light Fortification
Bony plates - +2 natural armor
Horns - d6 Gore attack
Gigantism - Functions as large when beneficial.

Some additional ideas, I'm not sure what you plan to do if you roll the same thing twice but a for a few of these I can think of possible buffs. Like if you rolled horns twice they get the powerful charge attack, or if you roll giant arm twice you could gain a rend attack. Double fast healing could give Regeneration. Things like that >.>

I would like to personally thank you, this is excellent.

zabbarot
2013-03-21, 08:14 AM
No problem. I'm torn on club foot though, now that I look at it. The list either needs more defective mutations or it should go, since I can't think of a bonus to attach to it.

If you have a chance you should definitely flip through Lords of Madness though. I'm sure the Fleshwarper class could have some good inspiration. Also the Better Man thread on this forum I think? I'm pretty sure that was the class with all the evolutions. Actually that class in general might be a really good addition to your world.

Edit: the better man thread was Draken's Evolutionist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240717) and other related classes

LordErebus12
2013-03-21, 09:00 AM
how about now?

zabbarot
2013-03-21, 09:23 AM
Lookin' pretty fancy there with that table. Everything looks more professional in a table.

LordErebus12
2013-03-21, 10:11 AM
Lookin' pretty fancy there with that table. Everything looks more professional in a table.

it was cluttered before and its cluttered now. :P

The Tygre
2013-03-21, 11:11 AM
Dat table. She's a beaut, Erebus.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-21, 12:03 PM
Yes, a wonderful creation. Although, I have to wonder, would these have any unique interactions with taint (UA and HoH).

LordErebus12
2013-03-21, 03:43 PM
Yes, a wonderful creation. Although, I have to wonder, would these have any unique interactions with taint (UA and HoH).

Im not familiar with Taint... im assuming it wouldnt, unless the DM was familiar with it enough to use it.