PDA

View Full Version : The Knight List

Greenish
2013-03-14, 12:13 PM
There are many, many knights in D&D 3.0/3.5. You could be…

Anointed Knight
Ascetic Knight
Bone Knight
Crescent Moon Knight
Darksong Knight
Death Knight
Death Knight of Krynn
Demonsworn Knight
Eldritch Knight
Harmonious Knight
Hellbound Knight
Knight
Knight-errant of Silverymoon
Knight of Stars
Knight of the

Blue Moon
Chalice
Crown
Iron Glacier
Flying Hunt
Lily
Middle Circle
Pearl
Raven
Red Falcon
Risen Scepter
Rose
Sacred Seal
Skull
Sword
Thorn
Weave

Knight of Tyr's Holy Judgement
Knight Phantom
Knight Protector
Knight Protector of the Great Kingdom
Mystic Fire Knight
Platinum Knight
Purple Dragon Knight
Ruby Knight Vindicator
Ruby Rose Knight
Shadow Cloak Knight
Thayan Knight
Tormented Knight
Triadic Knight
Vengeange Knight
Wary Swordknight

Did I miss any?

Karnith
2013-03-14, 12:23 PM
If you're counting 3.0 material, there's the Knight of the Middle Circle, from Defenders of the Faith.

EDIT: Also, are we counting Dragon Magazine material?

Greenish
2013-03-14, 12:26 PM
If you're counting 3.0 material, there's the Knight of the Middle Circle, from Defenders of the Faith.Huh, I thought I had it already, but apparently it slipped away. Added.

[Edit]:
EDIT: Also, are we counting Dragon Magazine material?I'll be lazy and say no, since it'd probably double the list. :smalltongue:

Karnith
2013-03-14, 12:36 PM
Dragonlance Campaign Setting is official material/first party, right? Because it contains the Death Knight of Krynn.

This also leads me to believe that the regular Death Knight is detailed elsewhere, though I can't think of where.

Callin
2013-03-14, 12:42 PM
MM2 but its not really a class

Greenish
2013-03-14, 12:43 PM
Dragonlance Campaign Setting is official material, right? Because it contains the Death Knight of Krynn.

This also leads me to believe that the regular Death Knight is detailed elsewhere, though I can't think of where.Oh, right, I don't have any creatures.

Well, I should probably include those, too.

[Edit]:
MM2 but its not really a classI'm listing anything "knight" that a player can be (there are feats on the list already), so Death Knight of Krynn counts (+5 LA).

Shining Wrath
2013-03-14, 12:52 PM
Wary Swordknight from Champions of Valor (a Paladin Substitution).

Nightgaun7
2013-03-14, 05:49 PM
How many can you fit in one character?

How many can you fit and actually be mechanically good?

Shining Wrath
2013-03-14, 05:58 PM

How many can you fit and actually be mechanically good?

Well - knight all of them. ducks

Greenish
2013-03-14, 06:05 PM

How many can you fit and actually be mechanically good?You'd probably start with paladin for the various ACFs, then get into Knight of the Sword/Lily/Rose (wacky PrCs where getting the next one requires levels in the previous) and grab Knight of Stars and Knight of the Red Falcon feats. I'm not certain, but I'd hazard that'd be not terrible.

Seharvepernfan
2013-03-14, 06:07 PM
Knight of the Chase; a trithereon-worshipping greyhawk prestige class.

JaronK
2013-03-14, 06:13 PM
They're not called Knight, but there's a few other classes that fit the idea... mostly Crusader, Paladin and Cavalier. Probably should be in there for completeness, if someone wants to run an all knight campaign.

As for which ones are good... I'm very partial to Bone Knight, especially coming from a Cleric/PrC Paladin of Tyranny entry. There's also the rather devastating Unseelie Fey Factotum 1/Hexblade 4/Paladin of Tyranny 3/Ur Priest 2/Bone Knight 10 build... it takes a while to get going, but eventually you get Charisma to saves vs spells twice and Charisma +4 as a penalty to the saves of nearby enemies in addition to 9th level spells.

JaronK

kardar233
2013-03-14, 06:26 PM
Harmonious Knight and Shadow Cloak Knight from the CoV web enhancement.

nedz
2013-03-14, 06:34 PM
Anyone who can cast Knight's Move ?

Daftendirekt
2013-03-14, 06:41 PM
You'd probably start with paladin for the various ACFs, then get into Knight of the Sword/Lily/Rose (wacky PrCs where getting the next one requires levels in the previous) and grab Knight of Stars and Knight of the Red Falcon feats. I'm not certain, but I'd hazard that'd be not terrible.

Got that progression wrong. It'd be Crown-Sword-Rose for the Solamnic Knights.

Lily is for the Knights of Neraka.

LeshLush
2013-03-14, 06:46 PM
Working on our knight moves. Trying to make some front-page drive-in news.

Greenish
2013-03-14, 06:49 PM
Harmonious Knight and Shadow Cloak Knight from the CoV web enhancement.Good catches, will add.

Anyone who can cast Knight's Move ?That's something you do, not something you are.

Got that progression wrong. It'd be Crown-Sword-Rose for the Solamnic Knights.

Lily is for the Knights of Neraka.Ah right, been a while since I've read the books.

Answerer
2013-03-14, 07:13 PM
Working on our knight moves. Trying to make some front-page drive-in news.
You win. Awesome.

LeshLush
2013-03-15, 01:34 PM
You win. Awesome.
Thanks. Didn't know how popular Bob Seeger was around these here parts.