PDA

View Full Version : Powerful Build Warforged

chainlink
2013-03-14, 02:46 PM
Let's say there is a warforged with the Powerful Build trait. On it's own PB is not worth an LA but ruled too much to be slapped on for free.

What, in your opinion would be suitable to flesh out the rest of that +1 LA for a warforged with PB?

Campaign is of moderate power level, trouble spells have been nerfed/removed. Melee's/MADs have 30pb, T1/T2's have descending pb's (not sure the exact #'s). Retraining and LA buy off are available. Feat trees and skills have been consolidated etc, all that to give an idea of the group's comfort zone.

What would you do to fill +1 LA that included Powerful Build on a warforged?

Fouredged Sword
2013-03-14, 03:09 PM
I would make it a level one only feat for the warforged. Yes, it's a good feat, but they then can't take adimantine plating. Failing that give them +2 strength to put them on par with Goliath.

Shining Wrath
2013-03-14, 03:13 PM
A Warforged with Powerful Build is bigger and stronger. And heavier. The Races of Eberron (I think) says that Adamantine WF are heavier, Mithral WF are lighter.

For LA + 1, you might combine Powerful Build and Adamantine Body feat and +2 to Strength. If you think that's overpowered, throw in -2 to Dexterity.

Fyermind
2013-03-14, 04:02 PM
The Durable version
Powerful build, Adamantine body as a bonus feat, stabilty (As a dwarf), -2 dex, +4 con, -2 wis, -2 cha heavy fortification, 1d6 slam

The lanky version:
Powerful Build, 40' base land speed, +2 str, +2 dex, -2 wis, -2 cha, light fortification, composite plating, 1d6 slam

The Strong version
Powerful build, +4 str, -2 dex, +2 con, -2 wis, -2 cha, light fortification, composite plating, 1d6 slam

chainlink
2013-03-14, 04:40 PM
So far people feel a stat adjustment is in order. Interesting. Thank you for your feedback so far :smallsmile:.

Person_Man
2013-03-14, 04:45 PM
Jotunbrud Feat from Races of Faerun grants a weaker version of Powerful Build. You are treated as Large if that's advantageous to you for opposed checks. (Not +1 size, which would stack with other abilities which increase your size - Large. And it's limited to humans from a certain regions. And you can't use larger weapons. And it doesn't qualify you for Knockback, which is a pretty uber melee Feat).

So if you wanted full Powerful Build, I would probably require 2 Feats.