PDA

View Full Version : Treant PC

Chemicalending
2013-03-14, 06:15 PM
Hi, i'm currently running a gestalt campaign where all the player must pick a Monster class that has at least 5 levels and a normal class for the level stacking.

I happen to be playing a Treant druid/monk. I'm no really worried about perfect optimizing but i did come to a question. as a Treant i have a natural Slam attack that does 1d6 until i get bigger size, i'm made of wood. Could/Should i be able to use Shillelagh on my fist? Club is a 1d6 weapon and its pretty much the same thing, get hit be a tree branch vs baseball bat.

And if its not allowed, could i instead use woodwarp to mold my fist into a proper club and then cast it?

Normal response ive been getting from my friends is ask the DM with a laugh since i'm DMing the campaign.

and of course that does lead into can i apply the Shillelagh to the improved unarmed damage of my monk class features.

Toliudar
2013-03-14, 06:42 PM
By a precise reading of the rules, no. You can't count a natural slam attack as a club.

But I think it's a fun and flavourful idea. If your players don't object, what the heck! I mean, you're giving your slam attack a +1 enhancement, and the damage die goes from 1d6 to 2d6. It's not exactly a game-changer.

teslas
2013-03-14, 07:35 PM
You cannot do it to your slam attack, no.

But you sure as hell might, given the DM allowing it (whoever that may be), enchant your unarmed attack of some sort. As a monk your unarmed strikes can be affected by things that would normally affect natural or manufactured weapons, so there's nothing in the rules stopping you there.

Next up is determining if any part of you that can make unarmed attacks is a valid target, structurally. This is up to you. Using Warp Wood to change them sounds like a good idea at start, but would you really want to warp your own flesh?
"permanently destroying its straightness, form, and strength"
"A warped melee weapon causes a -4 penalty on attack rolls"
... nope.

At monk 4th (which you're never going to take, I'm sure), you get Ki Strike, which might screw it up, since your unarmed strikes count as magical weapons.

Also, BOOOOO DMPC.

edit-
Word fix.

Chemicalending
2013-03-14, 09:50 PM
Woodshape is the spell i was looking for, not warp wood.
I am only going 2 levels into monk.