PDA

View Full Version : best pvp stories ever

lyko555
2013-03-14, 07:15 PM
pvp sometimes it destroys groups sometimes it provides awesomeness. Was just wanting to start some stories cause i know they're out there.

So in my current game were playing zombie horror survival/political intrigue.
My group has had a lot of personality conflicts the main one boiling down to a single character named val he was played as the most racist bigoted sexist jerk ever. he also had huge authority issues which almost caused us to get in a shootout with the us army.
So me being the party face I had gotten tired of his BS so i decided to remove him from the group, but seeing as how he was a big strapping man and my toon is a tiny girl i couldn't hope to take him in any type of confrontation and then I had the most devious idea. whats the most assured way of dieing in a zombie game "why getting bit of course" so i waited for him to get back from his nightly solo exploration i chloroformed him in his sleep and went at him with my teeth.
next morning someone notes bite on neck and arm Que huge in party dash to shoot him before anyone else can be bitten. so little girly 1 big strapping male 0.

Fortuna
2013-03-14, 10:58 PM
I have a fairly good one from earlier this week. This was a cyberpunk oneshot, and long story short... I killed a man by making his computer shoot sparks.

Long story slightly longer, he was in the process of surrendering to the police - who had weapons drawn - so he could shoot them with his concealed pistol. I had a tag in his computer, and nothing better to do, so I made his computer shoot sparks. People get very twitchy trigger fingers when that sort of thing happens - particularly PCs. :smallwink:

AttilaTheGeek
2013-03-16, 07:51 PM
There was an obnoxious monk in my party, and we were fighting a dragon. The player knew I had a Wall of Stone prepared as my only remaining spell slot above 2nd level, so I cast Silent Image of a Wall of Stone with him on one side and the rest of the party on the other. He was torched... and then I finished it off with a lowly Magic Missile.

illyrus
2013-03-16, 08:16 PM
pvp sometimes it destroys groups sometimes it provides awesomeness. Was just wanting to start some stories cause i know they're out there.

So in my current game were playing zombie horror survival/political intrigue.
My group has had a lot of personality conflicts the main one boiling down to a single character named val he was played as the most racist bigoted sexist jerk ever. he also had huge authority issues which almost caused us to get in a shootout with the us army.
So me being the party face I had gotten tired of his BS so i decided to remove him from the group, but seeing as how he was a big strapping man and my toon is a tiny girl i couldn't hope to take him in any type of confrontation and then I had the most devious idea. whats the most assured way of dieing in a zombie game "why getting bit of course" so i waited for him to get back from his nightly solo exploration i chloroformed him in his sleep and went at him with my teeth.
next morning someone notes bite on neck and arm Que huge in party dash to shoot him before anyone else can be bitten. so little girly 1 big strapping male 0.

Well played.

Had a bit of a railroad ShadowRun GM for this one. There were certain NPCs that had strong plot armor and huge out-of-proportion consequences for their deaths (force 24 spirits and elder dragons hunting you for months because a pharmacist died etc). More than the rest of us my friend was getting sick of this sort of stuff but didn't want the rest of the party to suffer for his actions.

Which brings us to the PvP. We encounter the latest super-VIP NPC who we were supposed to transport as a bonus portion of the mission. Friend puts a sniper rifle to NPC's head while he was sleeping, perma burns edge, and makes the shot. My character turns around and kills the murderer for ruining the bonus for the mission. GM and rest of party is in shock at both actions. Friend gets to roll up the new character he had prepped and we get away without GM forced consequences.

Clumber
2013-03-17, 12:59 AM
Had a game I ran where, long story short, the rogue of the party ended up a zombie and with his soul indebted to some evil being. Fearing what the paladin would do if he found out, the rogue took precautionary measures...

So the rogue disguised himself as a cleric of the god the paladin served, and then woke the paladin up in the middle of the night and informed him that he needed to slay the servant of an evil god who was sleeping in the inn. (To not tip off the other player I talked for the rogue's character when he was disguised as a cleric and pretty much just read from a script he prepared beforehand, and he prepped me with what his response would be to any likely questions.)

Anyway, paladin enters the room, finds this super evil looking altar with a man sleeping before it and executes the guy. Cue losing his paladin powers because he just killed an innocent bystander in cold blood. The Rogue then took that opportunity to just murder the now former paladin without too much he could do in retaliation.

beau highbill
2013-03-17, 03:00 AM
I would say my favorite pvp story would have to be when Beau (My CN halfling rogue who routinely rode the line between CN/CE and CN/CG) Gave the eye of Vecna to our human fighter. We were supposed to bring the eye back to our mentor, but hey, I felt like playing a trick. Anyway, Zeno (Fighter) says he'll pop the eye in if I manage to steal it from Etton (druid) for him. Not fully realizing the enormity of the situation, I comply. As soon as Etton realizes what happened, he goes searching the keep, and finds the door to the study locked. He proceeds to woodshape the door into a spear and demand that zeno put the eye down. In response? "I pop the eye in" Scares Etton and he flees. He then proceeds to unhallow the keep with a circle against good. Everyone ends up getting bumped outside.
Current Tally outside: Beau
Val (human paladin who was stuck with an 8 INT after insulting a lich)
Etton (running as far away as possible in cheetah form)
Amber (CN sorceress who always helps my hairbrained schemes.)
Zena (Zeno drew the knight from a Deck of Many Things procured after a tough battle)
Brostitude (NG dwarven cleric of pelor with a drinking problem and a face uglier than my knife (6 CHA vs my knifes 12 CHA, gotta love item familiars in 3.5)
Val can't go in, and he's got the only shot at stopping Zeno
His course of action: Kill zena with the hammer of thunderbolts he gained for winning an arena and run inside, with the halfling who hates him, but always has his back in a fight (our characters were built to counter each other, and dammit if anyone was going to kill him, it was going to be me!)
He proceeds to fail his save against destruction. I take his belt of giant strength and try and bluff zeno down. Amber decides that he's going to kill everyone who didn't join him, so she flies up and helps him. I figure out I can't take them both, so I start a journey to the biggest city in the land to get help from the king (Zeno's dad, long story xD)

scurv
2013-03-17, 09:59 AM
My party has to much passive aggressive PVP as it is regardless of who is on DM duty.

Although yesterdays example was a player who's name I won't mention who forgot that his spells were not single target.Although he effectively did nothing for a few rounds citing that his char could not see or hear that far away (I took note of that range) till the mutant mushrooms had softened them then let loose with several lighting bolts with several poorly aimed reflections. (This is a very common accident on that players part)

the char I was playing that survived the lighting bolts had opted to view what happened as a party member turning on the party It took quite a few rounds and quite a few thousand gold in potions scrolls and wands But I managed to come out on top. Although I did take advantage of the earlier cited distance that he could not see or hear past to self buff before pvp.

Komodo
2013-03-17, 01:57 PM
Okay then. This may not be one of the greatest PVP stories ever told, but it is certainly one of the most insane. And I wish I wasn't the one to tell it. I was not the GM, an innocent bystander, nor the aggressor...I was the victim of this cruel twist of fate. There's no ill will here, mind. The game was never taken very seriously by any of us, and while the Storyteller was a bit passive about the whole thing, the group was there to have fun with it all, however insane their definition of "fun."

So, without further qualification... Ladies and gentlemen, I present:

The Tale of The Vampire Snowboard.

The game is Vampire: The Requiem, set in the middle ages. I'm playing a Gangrel (vampire who tends more toward bestial instinct than noble aristocrat). So far, I've been getting along much better with various animals than my own teammates. I even had an animal companion: a small winged snake named Pip.

We had just climbed a perilous, snowy mountain path to reach a village where we had heard reports of some strange magics being performed on the townsfolk there. Having taken care of the threat, we're on our way back down a road on the cliffside. We reach a gap we had crossed previously using my petrification abilities and a length of rope. I'm just about to try the same trick again when the Tzimisce gets a great idea: he uses his fleshcrafting powers to turn himself into a giant unliving bobsled.

Everyone else thought this was a great idea. I, being a more practical character, thought I'd just foot it and let them get themselves killed without me. Sensing this, two other members of the group jump me and hold me down. Before I can fight them off, our Salubri puts me to sleep (with a power we later learn shouldn't work on vampires). While asleep, the other two tie me up and, instead of setting me on the vamp-sled, they tie me to the back of the Vampire-bobsled-abomination. In the middle of this insanity, Pip, who hid under my shirt to stay out of the snow, ended up tied up under the ropes. And, no, no-one in my group was a Malkavian.

They push off, and I get dragged behind. Halfway down, I wake up after getting bashed against a few rocks. Here, another great idea is had by the two who tied me down. One of them jumped off the bobsled and began to use his shield as a snowboard. The other one, seeing how much fun he was having but having no shield, proceeded to cut me loose and jumped onto my chest. To recap: I am tied down, sliding uncontrollably down a mountain, and another vampire is standing on top of me.

As you might expect, I am unhappy about the situation, even going into a Frenzy (read: barbarian rage, but powered by vampire bloodlust). Even with that though, I keep failing my strength checks to break the rope. I manage to grab his foot but he pulls himself free and kicks off me just before a ramp in the snow. I end up flying through the air, only to get impaled on a tree branch. (In WoD vampire, staking a vampire is paralysis, not death.) Believing (wisely) that I'm pissed and probably vengeful, they try a few memory charms (unsuccessfully), and then the Salubri puts me to sleep again. They pull me off the tree and untie me...and find that Pip is very, very dead. The story goes on to have the Tzimisce reconstruct Pip, and the Salubri bit and vamped him. I later went on to kill the vampire that was riding me, and ended up separating from the main party.

If it sounds like I'm skipping over it, that's because it's not quite as interesting. But this story I have told you will always be in my mind, a dark yet familiar and oddly fond stain on my early days of roleplaying.

Doxkid
2013-03-17, 08:58 PM
I have a very short one.

I was in an evil campaign with a few online friends. Nothing special; we just spoke over ventrilo and such and generally messed around.

a few sessions in, while we were all level 1 or 2, we needed to bring a new guy in. AS such our DM had us raiding a camp of slightly more evil beings to save this guy and his barbarian brothers.

Unfortunately...the guy playing a mindflayer (who was known for abusing the game in cheese ways) tried to steal my horse. I...did not approve of it and that sparked a huge argument. Since I'm known for being a minmaxer (I was the optimizer, the guy I argued with was the cheese guy, and everyone else was a normal player) he eventually backed off and we fought tho get into the camp another way.

Hours later that guy playing the cheese character was severely injured and being dragged away from a fight. We got into an empty medow safely and everything was looking good for us.

Then I said "Hey...remember when you tried to steal my horse? I like my horse. Roll initiative."

There was silence from everyone else for a full minute before people just cracked up laughing.

The scuffle ended prematurely (I think he got the DM to stop the fight) and that was the end of that, but it was the first fight of the game.

A few sessions later a rogue attacked one of the other rogues, triggering that second rogue and his cleric buddy to doubleteam him...but that's a different story.

llehctim
2013-03-18, 07:16 PM
I have quite a few PvP stories from my time playing 2nd edition D&D
The party consisted of myself, a fairly powerful necromancer(CE), a dwarven fighter("CN"), and a rogue who was a halfling turned drow("CN"). The rogue had a ring of invisibility and prefered doing nothing unless something really big/awesome showed up, my necromancer couldn't see invisible so when I lightning bolted a crowd of 5-6 giants, he had apparently been about to backstab the leader and got hit (he resisted due to his drow spell resistance), but later he ambushed me while preparing spells and knocked me into a near coma with a few backstab punch.
Later while infiltrating a drow priestess' base in a giant stronghold, I was paralyzed by drow poison after trying to open a cabinet, so they rolled me up in a carpet and locket me in the armoire.
There was also the time that we were taking out another giant fortress and we were badly losing after taking out nearly all of their forces, so they use a ring of 3 wishes (with 1 wish left) "I wish all evil mages would die of severe brain hemmoraging" luckily I didn't lose any intelligence when I was resurrected later (nor did I fail system shock)
These events and the fact that when we were mind controlled we loved trying to kill each other (which happened rather frequently) led to us keeping tallies of how often each person killed the other (or nearly so, since the fighter had a ring that gave him troll regeneration, so he only really died to acid or fire).
Eventually in the tomb of horrors, well I was using summoned monsters and my quarter staff to test everything, but one "portal" with a demon face and a gaping black maw, drew their attention, so I poked my quarter staff in, withdrawing a 3/4 quarterstaff. Then I summoned a goblin to reach in, it withdrew a bloody stump, I decided that those tests combined with the evil aura it was emitting meant I should avoid it, the rogue and fighter then decided to shove me through since I was being a "coward" and great evil meant great rewards, to this day i still fear the grappling rules as a mage, never ends well. Long story short Got brought back owing a major favor to a powerful deity. The rogue and fighter also rarely let me have any loot, except for +1 weapons (at lvl 16) which I horded, because I wasn't going to give them away or sell them.
Eventually I got fed up with the Rogue and laid a trap for him (trap the soul on an incredibly valuable ruby (no save if they voluntarily take the trapped object.) sadly I wasn't able to pull that off as the group disbanded.

comicshorse
2013-03-18, 08:55 PM
From a Shadowrun game

I'm playing a home-brewed Vampire character made up with the GM but who is passing himself off as a Physical Adept.
A new guy joins the game playing a Cat shaman and he apparently dislikes me criticizing him for hiding and doing nothing every time there's a fight.
Anyway the run ends and the second the Johnson is out the door the Shaman declares he's casting a spell. He picks his best combat spell and puts everything he's got into, keeping nothing back to resist the Drain from the spell. Luckily for me his best spell is 'Slay Human' !
He eats the Drain and is then filleted by my Vampire before he recovers

Vaz
2013-03-19, 10:07 AM
Not mine, but my favourite has to be the Lightning Mace Crit Fisher Build in the 3.5 Test of Spite getting hit by a Death Urge. Oh, you hit yourself? Oh you crit do you? Roll, and roll, and roll again. Just keep rolling until you're dead.

Kikon9
2013-03-19, 10:23 AM
I've got one from a few months ago.
In one game I was GMing, the party had to deal with agents of Asmodeus periodically attacking them. In one such fight, the party's artificer (who was probably playing the most confrontational artificer I've ever seen, was accidentally hit when the ranger rolled a 1 on his bow attack. Long story short, the fight ended with the agent AND the artificer dead.
The artificer went to hell, had a little chat with Asmodeus, and we had an awesome PC antagonist for the rest of the campaign.

lyko555
2013-03-19, 12:20 PM
Not mine, but my favourite has to be the Lightning Mace Crit Fisher Build in the 3.5 Test of Spite getting hit by a Death Urge. Oh, you hit yourself? Oh you crit do you? Roll, and roll, and roll again. Just keep rolling until you're dead.

that was the best pvp win of all time tho.

Azif13
2013-03-19, 05:01 PM
Just found this today:

http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1363687850241.png

Hope you enjoy it.

Silva Stormrage
2013-03-19, 05:30 PM
Just found this today:

http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1363687850241.png

Hope you enjoy it.

Okay that one is unbelievably awesome.

PvP doesn't happen much in my campaigns due to the players not enjoying it but I do have one short story.

The party consisted of a Warlock, A Metamagic Abuse Sorcerer, A Malconvoker (Me), and a Cleric who liked to be a bit of a troll. The party was sleeping in an inn to participate in an arena in the same city the next day and the Cleric thought it would be a great idea to call the city guard on us for conspiring with demons or something similar. While he is doing that the DM springs assassins on the group, assassins that the rest of the group didn't really want to fight so I and the Warlock had to hold off all of those guys (About 20 of them). The sorcerer was simply resting in his room relaxing as we fought as the assassins were not after him (He WAS evil and this was IC >.>). The guards show up and attempt to arrest the Warlock and I and manage to teleport away but the warlock was arrested. They attempted to arrest the Sorcerer but he bluffed his way out of it.

The next morning the sorcerer meets up with the cleric, the cleric of course thinks that the sorcerer will be pissed but no. The sorcerer acts all cheerful and finds the incident amusing and congratulates the cleric with a high five. Once the cleric's player was all happy and says "Sure I high five him" the sorcerer player calming states "Combust". And activates a Maximized Empowered Twinned Combust on the cleric when their hands touch. There was about a 5 seconds of real life pause as the sorcerer adds up the absurd damage which one hit killed the cleric. As the sorcerer walks away from the charred corpse he just mentioned something like, "Thats for interrupting my sleep". The campaign ended soon afterwords but we all had a good laugh at that (Even the cleric player funnily enough)

Zerter
2013-03-30, 06:19 AM
Our current campaign had 10 instances of PvP leading to the dead of a PC. I'll post them all:

1. We were playing a Evil campaign in a urban setting, well we still play the setting, but not always evil! Anyway, one player played a LE businessman that was covertly working behind the backs of the party to profit from them. At one point another player found out, he was exposed to the group that decided to let him live with strings attached. A added complication was that his PC was in a relationship with another PC (IC). The next session he continues to screw the others. One PC had already given me (the DM) instructions on what he would do. He had a bunch of letters send out to all the PCs, they seemingly originated from me, inviting them to come to a party. They were all personalised and seemed to promise a reward. When I informed the businessman he received a letter he opened it. I then told him he saw a green light and his PC was dead. The PC that send the letter then went to dispose of his body, collected his items to pay for the power word kill, and no one ever found out what happend IC.

2. There was some IC tension between me and another player. We were playing a Evil campaign in an urban setting (same setting, mostly different PCs). I played a Kobold that bullied the rest around, he played a female Kobold that worked for a newspaper. Basically his character did not like mine, tried to kill it and tried to wipe my memory using a pixie arrow. I seemingly forgave her (the character), waited till she went unconsious (just a matter of time) and wiped her memory using a pixie arrow. After this I told her she had lost her memory but she was married to my cohort (another Kobold). The player ran with this, tried to turn my cohort against me, and eventually I outright killed her... which turned my cohort against me. That set up a legendary Kobold civil war, but that is another story.

3. After the incidents of 2. the same player that had played the female Kobold played a trigger-happy Chaotic Evil Warlock. My character was not built for battle and his was and he was basically trying to get me to either confront him or wait till he got me killed. I again waited for the right opportunity. He had killed an important Goblin, at some point we were in a tavern that acted as the Goblin HQ, at that point I gave him up and waited for the Goblins to deal with him. He made it to the roof before a Fireball snuffed him out.

4. This one was accidental. We were at a boat with an incredibly annoying Dwarven high level NPC. There was a evil PC doppelganger in our party that secretly worked for the enemy (we were good). When we were sleeping the doppelganger snuck to the room of the Dwarf and tried to coup-de-grace him but failed. The Dwarf went into rage and drove the doppelganger off the boat with just a few HP left. I did not want to kill the PC, but I did not want the Dwarf to know. So I told the DM I would shoot at the doppelganger with my bow, but would try to miss on purpose. I would only hit on a natural 1. Guess what I rolled!

5. This one involves the same players and DM as 1. One guy was playing a doppelganger and secretly working against the party, another guy was playing a Druid and was annoyed by the doppelganger again working against the party. A paralyzing spell and a swallow whole later and the doppelganger was fed to his dire turtle.

6. This one involves a gunslinger and a dragon disciple in an Evil campaign. The dragon disciple was an inexperienced player. He basically tried to backstab the gunslinger because he was pissed off at some stuff that happened earlier, but the gunslinger was prepared (he had some prior experience being the same player as in 1. and 5.) and took him down in a round.

7. This is the third one involving the players and the DM from 1. and 5. One guy had asked me (the DM) for a pre-made character with a background and everything. So I gave him a very well established NPC. 1,5 sessions later I regret this as he is more or less playing him opposite to his alignment. So I built up to a big reveal: he is in fact a failed clone from that NPC and he is breaking down mentally (thanks for the inspiration Cloud!). The PC does not like this and commits suicide aided by the other PC.

8. This is the fourth one involving the same two players and the same DM, but with a twist. Two new characters are introduced. One is introduced as a Dwarven Barbarian tunneling his way to the island were the adventure is taking place. The other decides to introduce himself as being a Goblin Rogue hidden in the same tunnel. The Dwarf spots the Goblin, two rounds later the Dwarf kills the Goblin.

9/10. Yeah, wow, another two incidents with PCs killing each other for not really that good a reason.