PDA

View Full Version : Waker's Compiled Houserules & Homebrew

Waker
2013-03-14, 07:24 PM
Skills: Taking Skill Focus adds the skill to your class skills.
Concentration/Tumble
Targets threatening the character add their BAB to the skills DC. In the case of multiple targets, one roll is made with each target using a different DC. Example- While tumbling you make a roll against three targets. You result of 19 allows you to bypass two enemies (DC 16 and 18) but provokes an AoO against the third enemy (DC 20), allowing that enemy a chance to attack.

Feats:
Combat Expertise
When you use the attack action or the full attack action in melee, you can take a penalty on your attack roll and add the same number as a dodge bonus to your Armor Class. This number may not exceed your base attack bonus. The changes to attack rolls and Armor Class last until your next action.
If you are equipped with a shield that you are proficient with, instead add twice the number subtracted from your attack rolls.
Remove as a prerequisite for all feats and PrCs.
Improved Toughness
Replaces Toughness as prerequisite for all feats and PrCs.
Dodge
You gain a +1 Dodge bonus to your Armor Class. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter this bonus increases by an additional +1.
A condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses. Also, dodge bonuses stack with each other, unlike most other types of bonuses.
Skill Focus-
You get a +3 bonus on all checks on that skill. For every 5 ranks that you possess in this skill, you gain an additional +1 bonus.
This skill is always considered a class skill.
Weapon Focus/Specialization
Increases the bonus to hit and damage by +1/+2 respectively per 5 BAB that a character has.

Combined Feats- These are feats that have been combined due to their individually weak effects.
Diehard+Endurance
Mobility+Run
In addition, you may make a Withdrawl action as a Standard Action rather than a Full Round Action.
Two-Weapon Fighting/Improved/Greater
You gain an attack with your offhand. Extra attacks are granted as the character gains iterative attacks.

Removed Feats
Power Attack
Becomes a special attack option available to all characters. Removed as prerequisite for all feats and PrCs.
Weapon Finesse
Becomes a weapon quality.

Spells:
Freedom of Movement- Add bonus to Escape Artist and Grapple checks made to escape from a grapple equal to your caster level.
Glibness- Gain a bonus to Bluff equal to your caster level.
Teleport- Increase casting time to 10 mins. 1 round delay upon arrival.
Classes:
Bards- Can benefit from Silent Spell.
Paladin- Smite Evil/Good changed to Smite, is no longer limited by alignment.

Special Attacks
A character using Bullrush, Grapple, Overrun, or Trip increases the size category of creatures that can be affected per increased iterative attack. For example, a character with +11 BAB could trip a target up to 3 size categories larger than it (1 standard, +1 at 6 BAB, +1 at 11 BAB). This does not grant any other bonuses.

Misc: Alignment system has been scrapped. Alignment only comes into play via certain spells and creatures with an alignment subtype.
When leveling up a player does not roll for HP, instead taking a set number based in their class HD. In order from d4 to d12, these numbers are 3, 5, 6, 8, 10. The constitution modfier is added as normal.

Waker
2013-03-14, 07:26 PM
Reserved just in case.

Waker
2013-03-14, 07:30 PM
The purpose of this thread is to act as a collection of houserules and tweaks to the system that aren't worth separate posts. I am posting here to get opinions on certain mechanical effects as well as making my rules easily accessible to players in my game. I will be regularly updating this post, so for now I apologize for the rather sparse nature of the thread.
Otherwise, feel free to comment.

inuyasha
2013-03-26, 08:13 AM
Diehard- A character reduced to -1 to -9 may continue fighting without additional penalty. At the start of a round, if a character is reduced to -10 or lower, they may attempt a fortitude save (DC=Current HP) to avoid death. A living character with -10 or less hit points is staggered.

wouldnt that make the DC -10?

Ashtagon
2013-03-26, 08:14 AM
wouldnt that make the DC -10?

Well, considering it's a save or die effect, we don't want to make the DC too high :smallbiggrin:

inuyasha
2013-03-26, 08:18 AM
that rule would see so much abuse in my campaigns its not even funny XD

Waker
2013-03-26, 08:24 AM
These are mostly just rough notes that I haven't taken the time to proofread and update, so you'll have to forgive the errors.
For Diehard, the save is the absolute number. If you have -15 hp, the save is DC 15.

Krazzman
2013-03-26, 09:53 AM
I think they are sensible and quite self explanatory. I assumed the absolute for the Diehard effect from reading it... but you RAW and RAI can be subject to change...

When leveling up a player does not roll for HP, instead taking a set number based in their class HD. In order from d4 to d12, these numbers are 3, 4, 6, 8, 10. The constitution modfier is added as normal.

I think the numbers the d6 are a bit off.
3/4 = 75%
4/6 = 66.666%
6/8 = 75%
8/10 = 80%
10/12 = 83.333%

Seems like the d6 gets the short end of the stick.

This might overcomplicate things but...
saying the d6 goes 4/6 every even level and 5/6 every odd level (except first or ont hat too if you include first levels in this ruling).

Would complicate it but in my opinion be fairer.

Waker
2013-03-26, 10:08 AM
I had noticed that about the HD values not being exactly equal, but I wanted to keep it simple.

This is confusing though. Why is it that I'm getting attention on homebrew rules that were five or six pages backlogged, but my classes get so little love?

Krazzman
2013-03-26, 10:15 AM
I had noticed that about the HD values not being exactly equal, but I wanted to keep it simple.

This is confusing though. Why is it that I'm getting attention on homebrew rules that were five or six pages backlogged, but my classes get so little love?

Because at least for me I don't think I can rate a class.
But when reading it I thought this was odd. Complicated or not your wizards only need 2 points of con more than your rogues to have the same HP value (minus 1 maybe).

SamBurke
2013-03-26, 11:13 AM

I presumed that the inequality was intentional. IE, more HP for the tankier characters. Though you might want to make it 5/6 so the Rogues aren't totally gimped.

Waker
2013-03-26, 11:26 AM
Fine, I changed it to 5hp for the D6 classes. Are you all happy now?