PDA

View Full Version : Belkar's take on Durkon's sacrifice

goodyarn
2013-03-14, 10:26 PM
So, as Belkar said, Durkon just saved his life and got killed for it.

How does Belkar digest that? I think the old Belkar might have considered it insanity. What does new Belkar think? Does it mystify him? Does he come to understand it, and this transforms him? Something in-between? Something else?

And BTW, does Belkar know he's been prophesied to die? Did Durkon know? Because if either of those is true, I think that's interesting.

Minitroll
2013-03-14, 10:29 PM
Well, in this most recent strip, I think Roy just noted it for the first time ever to other people when he said...

:roy: "I shouldn't wait for some prophecy. I should just finish you off myself..."

So, when Belkar will think about it, he'll realize about the prophecy.

And I think we've already seen Belkar changing a little. He doesn't care if people insult him, he feels legit guilty.

Once a Fool
2013-03-14, 11:16 PM
Well, in this most recent strip, I think Roy just noted it for the first time ever to other people when he said...

:roy: "I shouldn't wait for some prophecy. I should just finish you off myself..."

No. Roy discussed it with Haley. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0666.html)

Red Lantern
2013-03-15, 12:59 AM
No one ever got killed FOR belkar before, it;s got to affect him in some way. Especially since durkon called out to belkar to help and he couldn't.

Personally, I hope belkar dies skinning malack, thereby freeing durkon and sort of returning the favor.

Silverionmox
2013-03-15, 05:42 AM
No one ever got killed FOR belkar before, it;s got to affect him in some way. Especially since durkon called out to belkar to help and he couldn't.

Personally, I hope belkar dies skinning malack, thereby freeing durkon and sort of returning the favor.

Let's hope he learned to blindfold himself before jumping then...

quasit
2013-03-15, 07:46 PM
Let's hope he stumbles uppon a pair of silver anarchic daggers, as well. But I can't help to think that belkar overpowering malack on straight one-to-one melee sounds like dropping a house on him and singing about how he represents the lollipop guild.

martianmister
2013-03-15, 09:21 PM
No. Roy discussed it with Haley. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0666.html)

She didn't know about Roy's seeing them and what happened at the Oracle's tower till the 3rd and 6th panels of #666. She probably thinks that "pointing Belkar at bad guys till he die" is Roy's current plan, hence her "do you really think we can end this...in just seven weeks?" comment.

Stormlock
2013-03-15, 09:31 PM
Let's hope he stumbles uppon a pair of silver anarchic daggers, as well. But I can't help to think that belkar overpowering malack on straight one-to-one melee sounds like dropping a house on him and singing about how he represents the lollipop guild.

While this is true, we've also seen Miko of all people defeat Redcloak in single combat. If that's the way he wants to write the story, it'll happen, rules be damned. And I always enjoy a good Belkster rampage.

Mutant Sheep
2013-03-15, 11:00 PM
While I would like to think some off panel explanation happened with Roy and Haley as to WHY Roy has a timeframe of seven weeks for Belkar, the next strip is going to bring it up somehow, and I'm terrible at speculating.

SavageWombat
2013-03-16, 12:21 AM
While this is true, we've also seen Miko of all people defeat Redcloak in single combat. If that's the way he wants to write the story, it'll happen, rules be damned. And I always enjoy a good Belkster rampage.

Miko was about equal to Redcloak in level at that time. I don't have a problem seeing her take him, considering his poor choices for spells.