PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know of this....

inuyasha
2013-03-15, 12:21 AM
hey fellow playgrounders does anyone know of a point based system for creating custom monsters? If one is found I would appreciate it. I thought i had found one that was like pathfinders eidolon system made by someone here but I cannot find it. If anyone finds anything thank you so much :smallwink:

inuyasha
2013-03-15, 10:42 PM
badda bing badda BUMP!

seriously? no responses? wow :p

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-03-15, 10:59 PM
There are to many abilities and to many variables to take into account to really make any such system at all balanced. So no, I don't know of a system that does this. If one exists, I would be disinclined to use it as anything but the roughest of guidelines for appropriate base stats and levels of spell abilities, as anything else rapidly become unmanageable in such a system.

That stuff is already pretty easy to intuit from existing creatures though, so any such system is likely a waste of your time.

Temotei
2013-03-15, 11:05 PM
The closest thing I can think of is this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43009). VT mentions that the CR gets wonky at higher and lower hit points especially, and he's right, so careful with that. I have a monster sitting in a Word document right now that I eyeballed at 22 or 23 CR and that system put it at 41, if I remember correctly, not even counting darkvision and superior low-light vision as special qualities.

Hyde
2013-03-15, 11:06 PM
Maybe use Mutants and Masterminds as a jumping off point?

inuyasha
2013-03-15, 11:11 PM
hmmm...I really could have sworn thatI saw a system on these boards based off of pathfinders eidolon system :p

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-03-15, 11:17 PM
hmmm...I really could have sworn thatI saw a system on these boards based off of pathfinders eidolon system :p

Try Google. You can constrain the search to a particular site, which might help while the search function is down. :smallbiggrin:

Tacitus
2013-03-15, 11:25 PM
Evolved Characters and Monsters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201021)

Not balanced for PC use AT ALL*, well, without serious DM oversight, but thats not really what you're going for anyway. Concept of balance for monsters? I dunno, but I recall trying to approximate existing 3.5 monsters and those that I approximated were close, so thats something.

*Edit: Well, it wasn't last I looked. Seems its been updated.

inuyasha
2013-03-15, 11:32 PM
*squeels* yay you found it (have a cookie :3) I have been looking for it EVERYWHERE...