PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] PC race hybrid template

Xuldarinar
2013-03-15, 01:45 AM
Take any two player character races of the same level adjustment and plug them in.

-Size: If the same, keep the same. If different by one step, use either. If different by two steps or more, average. If different by more than 2, but of an odd number, average then use either middle result.
-Type: If both are same, keep the same. If they are different, use the highest value of the following.
1: Animal, Humanoid, Vermin
2: Magical Beast, Monsterous Humanoid
3: Fey, Giant
4: Dragon, Humanoid (Shapechanger)
5: Aberration
6: Elemental, Ooze, Plant
7: Construct, Outsider, Undead
Example If one parent is a giant, and the other is a humanoid, the resulting hybrid is a giant for the purposes of type.
Exceptions: (I know this section might fill up fast.. But nothing here -just- yet)
-Subtypes: Only keep shared subtypes.
Exceptions: (Living Construct, Native, Shapechanger)
-Ability Score Modifiers: Average. Subtract 1 from odd numbered scores. If there are more than 2 negative odd numbered scores, for every 2, add 1 point to any negative prior to evening out scores. If there is no positive, remove any one negative > -2
-Speed: Average between the two.
-Vision: In most cases, add together.
-Immunities and resistances: keep from both parents
-Natural Armor: average
-Natural Weapons: The resulting creature gains the natural weapons of both
-Other Racial traits: Drop from both sides unless any are shared. Spell like abilities, if held by both sides, have shared uses
Example: if one parent can use Darkness 1/day, and the other can use Daylight 1/day, the hybrid may use Darkness or Daylight 1/day
Exception: in cases of creatures with a level adjustment. Compile a list of the abilities of both creatures that fall under this category that would be otherwise removed. Select a number of them equal to the averaged LA of the resulting creature. Traits with ranks, such as regeneration, cost one LA point per rank up to the maximum of that of one of the base creatures. If both share a trait but of different ranks, take the average.

-Blood: The resulting race gains the Blood traits associated with parents (Elf Blood, Orc Blood, ect.)
-Racial skill bonuses: Divide all by two and add together.
-Languages and bonus languages: Add together, in most cases.
-Favored Class: Use the favored class of either
-Level Adjustment: Average**

**Note: This template is not quite ready to properly handle differing level adjustments. You may use it as such but the results will vary. In cases where the average is not a whole number, typically round down at least for the purposes of trait selection, listed above.

inuyasha
2013-03-15, 01:55 AM
now all ye need to do is fix it so it works with races of different LAs and then we are good to go :smallbiggrin: this looks like fun

Xuldarinar
2013-03-15, 01:59 AM
now all ye need to do is fix it so it works with races of different LAs and then we are good to go :smallbiggrin: this looks like fun

Yeah. Thats going to be the interesting part. So far. LA is pretty simple. Just keep it with what the base races are. But... I don't think its going to be quite as easy as averaging. It might be but... might not. I'll need to tinker with that for a bit. Balancing issues. If you want to you can go ahead and go off of the averaging trend but results will almost certainly very.

gurgleflep
2013-03-15, 08:32 PM
Thanks to this template, quite a few races I've wanted to made just came into reality.
Halfling + Minotaur = Mini-Taur!
Gnome + Blue = some blue goblin/gnome hybrid with psionic abilities..?!
Orc + Dwarf = Dwarc!
Orc + Orc = SUPER ORC!! (This one's a joke. I thought it was funny. I'll leave now...)

inuyasha
2013-03-15, 09:41 PM
Ok so I hope I do this right, Im doing a gnoll rewrite with this system. A real hybrid of gnome and troll :smallbiggrin:

Gnoll
Medium Size monstrous humanoid
Speed: 30ft.
+4 Str +2 Dex +6 Con -2 Int -2 Cha
Darkvision 60ft. and lowlight vision
1/day speak with animals (burrowers and vermin only), ghost sound dancing lights and prestidigitation (only if charisma is 15 or higher)
Fast healing 2
LA: +3

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 12:01 AM
Ok so I hope I do this right, Im doing a gnoll rewrite with this system. A real hybrid of gnome and troll :smallbiggrin:

Gnoll
Medium Size monstrous humanoid
+4 Str +2 Dex +6 Con -2 Int -2 Cha
Darkvision 60ft. and lowlight vision
1/day speak with animals (burrowers and vermin only), ghost sound dancing lights and prestidigitation (only if charisma is 15 or higher)
Fast healing 2
LA: egads...

Thats interesting. Though, if your using this system, I can't help but wonder where you are getting the Monsterous Humanoid type. Trolls are Large Giants, and Gnomes are Small Humanoids. If you average size, you get medium. The type however, you don't average. You take the higher of the two on the type pyramid, which is giant. Level adjustment, I'd say +3, but thats just me.

Thats just my input. If you want your creature to be monstrous humanoid, by all means go ahead.

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 12:17 AM
well i figured monstrous humanoid because medium giant sounds like a horrible oxymoronic thing (and i dont give a crap if oxymoronic isnt a real word dangit :p)

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 12:49 AM
well i figured monstrous humanoid because medium giant sounds like a horrible oxymoronic thing (and i dont give a crap if oxymoronic isnt a real word dangit :p)

I understand. Though, the Half-giant race (Expanded Psionic Handbook) are medium giants.

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 12:54 AM
i actually dont have that book but im working on getting a copy

Frathe
2013-03-16, 12:40 PM
Half-giants (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/halfGiant.htm) are in the SRD, if that helps. As are a bunch of the psionics rules.

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 05:04 PM
oh cool thanks :)

gurgleflep
2013-03-16, 05:32 PM
I would like you to know that I'm going to be taking a copy of this template (I've just printed it out) to a friends house very soon. We've got almost all of the books over there, and we're each going to make a race/monster. I will bring a copy of all three with me back so that (when I've got time) I can post the stats on here. Hopefully this goes well!

Once again, I would like to thank you for this. :smallbiggrin:

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 06:52 PM
I would like you to know that I'm going to be taking a copy of this template (I've just printed it out) to a friends house very soon. We've got almost all of the books over there, and we're each going to make a race/monster. I will bring a copy of all three with me back so that (when I've got time) I can post the stats on here. Hopefully this goes well!

Once again, I would like to thank you for this. :smallbiggrin:

No, thank you. Its an honor to hear someone thinks something of mine is good enough to actually use. To share with their friends. I look forward to seeing what they come up with and hearing what they think.

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 07:06 PM
Im posting a race

Cannonfodder
Cannonfodder appear as either grimy moldy and hairy kobolds or as reptilian goblins. This is because they are half weak race half weak race, they usually are used as slaves by more powerful races.

Small humanoid
+2 dex -2 str -2 cha -2 con
Lowlight vision
Darkvision 60ft.
cannonfodder blood:
for all purposes and effects, cannonfodder are both kobolds and goblins
level adjustment: 0 but who wants to play this?

sorry...I had to :p

gurgleflep
2013-03-16, 07:57 PM

Is it bad that I would..?

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 08:11 PM
nope because I would too XD
and if you like playing goblinoid/koboldy things, they have a bloodline in the thread i made today

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 08:23 PM
Im posting a race

Cannonfodder
Cannonfodder appear as either grimy moldy and hairy kobolds or as reptilian goblins. This is because they are half weak race half weak race, they usually are used as slaves by more powerful races.

Small humanoid
+2 dex -2 str -2 cha -2 con
Lowlight vision
Darkvision 60ft.
cannonfodder blood:
for all purposes and effects, cannonfodder are both kobolds and goblins

sorry...I had to :p

That is simply wonderful. I'd be amused to see someone make an incredible, and legal, character using that hybrid. Not something pun pun level though.

Anyways, got something for you. Mixes of Aasimar (Celestial Planetouched), Tiefling (Fiendish Planetouched), and Pharin (My own creation, Far-realm Planetouched). So, before any further delay, the decedents of multiple planes;

Aasimar/Tiefling

Medium Outsider (native)
Speed: 30ft
Vision: Darkvision 60ft
+1 Bluff, Hide, Listen, and Spot checks
Spell-like abilities: Daylight or Darkness 1/day
Resistance: Acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
Languages: Common, Celestial, Infernal
Favored Classes: Paladin/Rogue
Level Adjustment: +1
--
Tiefling/Pharin

Medium Outsider (native)
+1 Bluff, Hide, Listen, Search, and Sense motive
Spell-Like Abilities: Blur or Darkness 1/day
Resistance: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5
Languages: Common, Infernal, Undercommon
Favored Classes: Rogue/Cleric/Ardent
--
Aasimar/Pharin

Medium Outsider (native)
+2 Wisdom
+2 Listen
+1 Search, Spot, and Sense Motive
Spell-Like Abilities: Blur or Daylight 1/day
Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5
Languages: Common, Celestial, Undercommon
Favored Classes: Paladin/Cleric/Ardent
Languages: Common and Undercommon

gurgleflep
2013-03-16, 08:37 PM
nope because I would too XD
and if you like playing goblinoid/koboldy things, they have a bloodline in the thread i made today

I've played as both races, and I find them to be quite entertaining. My favorite between the two is the goblin as a ninja! They're rather over powered stealth wise, and we've got a 10 rank limit per skill (at the moment)!

That is simply wonderful. I'd be amused to see someone make an incredible, and legal, character using that hybrid. Not something pun pun level though.

Anyways, got something for you. Mixes of Aasimar (Celestial Planetouched), Tiefling (Fiendish Planetouched), and Pharin (My own creation, Far-realm Planetouched). So, before any further delay, the decedents of multiple planes;

Aasimar/Tiefling

Medium Outsider (native)
+1 Bluff, Hide, Listen, and Spot checks
Spell-like abilities: Daylight or Darkness 1/day
Resistance: Acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
Languages: Common, Celestial, Infernal
Favored Classes: Paladin/Rogue
--
Tiefling/Pharin

Medium Outsider (native)
+1 Bluff, Hide, Listen, Search, and Sense motive
Spell-Like Abilities: Blur or Darkness 1/day
Resistance: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5
Languages: Common, Infernal, Undercommon
Favored Classes: Rogue/Cleric/Ardent
--
Aasimar/Pharin

Medium Outsider (native)
+2 Wisdom
+2 Listen
+1 Search, Spot, and Sense Motive
Spell-Like Abilities: Blur or Daylight 1/day
Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5
Languages: Common, Celestial, Undercommon
Favored Classes: Paladin/Cleric/Ardent
Languages: Common and Undercommon

Wow, lots of stuff to play/add to a campaign O_O
Methinks I'm about to have a bit of fun!

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 08:54 PM
Wow, lots of stuff to play/add to a campaign O_O
Methinks I'm about to have a bit of fun!

Oh and another thing. Here:

High Elf/Drow (High Drow? High Dark Elf? Dark High Elf? Whatever)

Medium Humanoid (Elf)
+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution
Darkvision 120ft
Low-light vision
Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
+2 racial bonus on Will saves vs spells and spell-like abilities
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks
Immunity Sleep effects
+2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects
Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels
Elven Blood
Drow Blood
Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Under common
Favored Class: Wizard, Cleric (Female only)

Edit: I hadn't caught before that Drow have; +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Cha. I've adjusted the stats to reflect this.

gurgleflep
2013-03-16, 09:10 PM
Oh and another thing. Here:

High Elf/Drow (High Drow? High Dark Elf? Dark High Elf? Whatever)

Medium Humanoid (Elf)
Darkvision 120ft
Low-light vision
Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
+2 racial bonus on Will saves vs spells and spell-like abilities
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks
Immunity Sleep effects
+2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects
Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels
Elven Blood
Drow Blood
Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Under common
Favored Class: Wizard, Cleric (Female only)

I love elves, both whole and half, so this is magnificent.
As for a name, I've got no clue! How's "Middelf" sound? Drow are Underdark, High I have no clue on, so I'm guessing hills and mountains.

Network
2013-03-16, 09:11 PM
As always with mixed races guidelines, this is an interesting concept. You may also like to compare it with gestalt races (here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12579943#post12579943)), which is of a similar vein.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 09:24 PM
I love elves, both whole and half, so this is magnificent.
As for a name, I've got no clue! How's "Middelf" sound? Drow are Underdark, High I have no clue on, so I'm guessing hills and mountains.

Thats not bad for a name. Cant help but wonder though, the circumstances such a hybrid would even come to be.

As always with mixed races guidelines, this is an interesting concept. You may also like to compare it with gestalt races (here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12579943#post12579943)), which is of a similar vein.

Thank you for the link. That actually looks like a very interesting method of mixing races. Differing philosophies around a similar concept. Its appreciated.

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 10:47 PM
heres another

The Pnixy

Small Fey
Speed: 20ft. Fly 30ft. (average) swim 30ft.
-2 Str +8 dexterity +4 int +2 wis +8 cha
Lowlight vision
Spell resistance 15
breathe water...for a little while:
Pnixies may breathe water for a number of rounds=to their con modX4 before they need to get air
DR 5/Cold iron
LA +3

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 10:58 PM
heres another

The Pnixy

Small Fey
Speed: 20ft. Fly 30ft. (average) swim 30ft.
-2 Str +8 dexterity +4 int +2 wis +8 cha
Lowlight vision
Spell resistance 15
breathe water...for a little while:
Pnixies may breathe water for a number of rounds=to their con modX4 before they need to get air
DR 5/Cold iron

Half water breathing race I assume (tell me if I'm wrong)? Thats an interesting way of handling it. From how I set it up, it would remove water breathing unless both halves breath water. For this though, I'll reference the ability of the half-aquatic elf (Forgotten Realms - Races of Faerun).

"Sea Longing: A half-aquatic elf who remains out of sight of the sea for more than a ten-day longs for the sea, suffering a -1 penalty on Wisdom-based checks until she returns to the shore"

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 11:09 PM
yea their pixy and nixy, I wanted to keep water breathing in some way so i did that ;) o and i forgot LA is +3
also anyone wanna look at my bloodlines :p

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 11:35 PM
yea their pixy and nixy, I wanted to keep water breathing in some way so i did that ;) o and i forgot LA is +3
also anyone wanna look at my bloodlines :p

Well, I feel you did a good job. And, sure.

By the way, a hybrid I just threw together:

Mindflayer/Warforged

Size: Medium Construct (Living Construct)
Ability Score modifiers: +2 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Int, +2 Wisdom, +2 Cha
Natural Weapons: 4 tentacles (1d4), Slam (1d4)
+2 Natural Armor
Extract
Improved Grab
Composite Plating
Light Fortification
Spell Resistance 25 + Class levels
Languages: Common, Undercommon
Favored Classes: Fighter/Wizard
Level Adjustment:+4

I added to the base template an exception, allowing living construct to remain. In the case of something being a war forged hybrid, its most likely basically a 'war forged' that has been modeled after another race.

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 11:39 PM
I added to the base template an exception, allowing living construct to remain. In the case of something being a war forged hybrid, its most likely basically a 'war forged' that has been modeled after another race.

or what happens when mind flayers get creative

gurgleflep
2013-03-16, 11:43 PM
Okay, now if I understood it right, this is the orc/drow.

Medium Humanoid
+2 STR, +1 DEX, 0 CON, 0 INT, -1 WIS, 0 CHA
Base speed: 30 feet
Dark Vision: 120 feet (if I added the orc's DV it would put it at 180 feet, so I didn't add it)
Immune to sleep
+2 on saving throws against enchantments and effects
+2 on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities
Proficient in the rapier, short sword, and hand crossbow
Elf (Drow) blood and Orc blood
Light Sensitivity/Blindness (I don't know what the difference is)
Automatic languages: Common, Drow, Undercommon*, Orc
Bonus languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Drow Sign, Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Koa-Toan, Undercommon*
Favored Class(es): Barbarian, Wizard (male), Cleric (Female)
Level Adjustment +1 (I feel it should be a +2 though)

* = Undercommon was an automatic language for the Drow elf and a bonus language for the drow. I feel it should be in the bonus language

Physical: Dark green/gray skin, elven facial appearance with with exception of the tusks and canted eyebrows. Limited body hair, often white or gray. Muscular build with the slenderness of an elf. Slightly hunched posture.

Personality: As outcasts to both parental races, they are often abandoned and left to die. Those fortunate enough to be taken in by another race/family are often raised as slaves. They tend to keep to themselves but will use their heritage to get what they want.

Religion: Those who do worship a deity lean towards good deities, often of the elven and pantheons. (Eilistraee being an exception to this rule)

Hopefully this works well, as it was fun to make and I like how it turned out!

gurgleflep
2013-03-16, 11:44 PM

I've got the sudden feeling you and Xuldarinar have read one of my questions/posts...

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 11:46 PM

True. But in either case, I wouldn't want to meet a Flayer-forged.
A robot that has great spell resistance, and is designed to extract brains. That and it can qualify for Warforged juggernaut, and Illithid Savant. Huh...

inuyasha
2013-03-16, 11:47 PM
so did yu see mah bloodlines :3 I even included odd ones like locacath :3

Xuldarinar
2013-03-16, 11:55 PM
Okay, now if I understood it right, this is the orc/drow.

Medium Humanoid
+2 STR, +1 DEX, 0 CON, 0 INT, -1 WIS, 0 CHA
Base speed: 30 feet
Dark Vision: 120 feet (if I added the orc's DV it would put it at 180 feet, so I didn't add it)
Immune to sleep
+2 on saving throws against enchantments and effects
+2 on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities
Proficient in the rapier, short sword, and hand crossbow
Elf (Drow) blood and Orc blood
Light Sensitivity/Blindness (I don't know what the difference is)
Automatic languages: Common, Drow, Undercommon*, Orc
Bonus languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Drow Sign, Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Koa-Toan, Undercommon*
Favored Class(es): Barbarian, Wizard (male), Cleric (Female)
Level Adjustment +1 (I feel it should be a +2 though)

* = Undercommon was an automatic language for the Drow elf and a bonus language for the drow. I feel it should be in the bonus language

Physical: Dark green/gray skin, elven facial appearance with with exception of the tusks and canted eyebrows. Limited body hair, often white or gray. Muscular build with the slenderness of an elf. Slightly hunched posture.

Personality: As outcasts to both parental races, they are often abandoned and left to die. Those fortunate enough to be taken in by another race/family are often raised as slaves. They tend to keep to themselves but will use their heritage to get what they want.

Religion: Those who do worship a deity lean towards good deities, often of the elven and pantheons. (Eilistraee being an exception to this rule)

Hopefully this works well, as it was fun to make and I like how it turned out!

A Drow/Orc would have

+2 Strength, -2 Wisdom. Odd numbers in ability scores being subtracted by 1.

Since they both have at least light sensitivity, i'd say the hybrid would have light sensitivity.

You skipped out on the skill modifiers and the drow's spell resistance.

Also, since orc do not have any automatic proficiencies, i'd say the hybrid wouldn't have either.

But you are getting the basic picture.

gurgleflep
2013-03-17, 12:13 AM
A Drow/Orc would have

+2 Strength, -2 Wisdom. Odd numbers in ability scores being subtracted by 1.

Since they both have at least light sensitivity, i'd say the hybrid would have light sensitivity.

You skipped out on the skill modifiers and the drow's spell resistance.

Also, since orc do not have any automatic proficiencies, i'd say the hybrid wouldn't have either.

But you are getting the basic picture.

Thank you for helping me on that :smallsmile:
As far as resistances go, I read it as "Keep those that are shared" or something like that, I blame sleepiness.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-17, 12:16 AM
Thank you for helping me on that :smallsmile:
As far as resistances go, I read it as "Keep those that are shared" or something like that, I blame sleepiness.

Its fine. I've done that sort of thing before.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-17, 04:39 PM
so did yu see mah bloodlines :3 I even included odd ones like locacath :3

Unfortunately I don't know where they are. Im terribly sorry, both in that and in that I took longer than normal to respond.

inuyasha
2013-03-17, 04:55 PM
Ok im changing it to misc. bloodlines so i can add more stuff
thats the thread name, I had it originally as just humanoid bloodlines but im changing it because im working on a treant one

Coidzor
2013-03-17, 07:20 PM

Also, Forest Trolls from Monster Manual 3.

inuyasha
2013-03-17, 07:42 PM
Really? I didnt know

Xuldarinar
2013-03-17, 08:02 PM
Also, Forest Trolls from Monster Manual 3.

Hmm.. Now I'm thinking... what can I mix to make the smallest giant possible. Lets see if I can get to Fine Giant.

invinible
2013-03-17, 10:16 PM
You need to be at least 7 feet tall to technically be considered a giant.

inuyasha
2013-03-17, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately I don't know where they are. Im terribly sorry, both in that and in that I took longer than normal to respond.

kobolds, grigs, rats, flys, mongooses, and Mr. T make a fine giant :)

Xuldarinar
2013-03-17, 11:39 PM
You need to be at least 7 feet tall to technically be considered a giant.

Forest Trolls, Medium Giant, are 6' - 6' 6".

DeathGodKyo
2013-03-18, 12:24 AM
How would you go about deciding stat and skill-related things for half-human characters? Half-elves and half-orcs did it each differently: Half-elves had no stat changes, just like humans, weaker versions of Elf skill bonuses, and the entire language selection like humans; yet Half-Orcs (which never seemed very likely to happen, IMO) had a weakened Strength bonus in exchange for simply removing the Wisdom penalty, skill boosts almost exactly like an Orc, and language selection like an Orc. Half-Orcs seem more like Orcs than humans, but Half-elves seem more like humans than elves. So... How would you go about number-crunching for new half-humans?

Xuldarinar
2013-03-18, 12:43 AM
For the purpose of making a Fine Giant, I will be using the Reduce Person with Permanency. For creatures with that effect on them, i'll be labeling them as {Rpp'd}. For this, we are going on the assumption the effects of the Reduce person carry on to the next generation, but the child is not under the direct effects of the spell. The base races I'm using are Half-Giants (EPH), and Jerren (BoVD).

----------------------------------------
Generation 1
{Rpp'd} Half-Giant/ {Rpp'd} Jerren
Size: Tiny
Type: Giant
Ability Score: +2 Dex, -2 Str
Speed: 25ft
Low-Light Vision
Naturally Psionic
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against fire spells and effects
+1 racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate, Listen and Move Silently
+1 all saving throws
+2 morale bonus vs fear
Half-Giant Blood
Jerren Blood
Languages: Common and halfling
Favored Class: Psionic Warrior/Rogue
LA: +1

Generation 2

{Rpp'd}({Rpp'd} Half-Giant/ {Rpp'd} Jerren)/ {Rpp'd} Jerren
Size: Diminutive
Ability Score: +4 Dex, -4 Str
Speed: 20ft
Low-Light Vision
Naturally Psionic
+2 racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate, Listen and Move Silently
+1 all saving throws
+2 morale bonus vs fear
Half-Giant Blood
Jerren Blood

Generation 3

{Rpp'd}[{Rpp'd}({Rpp'd} Half-Giant/ {Rpp'd} Jerren) {Rpp'd} Jerren]/{Rpp'd}[{Rpp'd}({Rpp'd} Half-Giant/ {Rpp'd} Jerren) {Rpp'd} Jerren]

Size: Fine
Ability Score: +6 Dex, -6 Str
Speed: 20ft
Low-Light Vision
Naturally Psionic
+2 racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate, Listen and Move Silently
+1 all saving throws
+2 morale bonus vs fear
Half-Giant Blood
Jerren Blood
---------------------------------------------

So, after 3 generations we have this creature. What if there were more of them and they kept breeding true? No more magical interventions, just the propagation of this curious little hybrid. Lets call them... Jirant. They would be incredibly small beings, with huge egos, short tempers, and a nasty disposition.

Jirant

+6 Dexterity, -6 Strength: Jirant, due to their extremely small size, are more agile than most races. Unfortunately they are also a lot weaker.
-Giant: Jirant are not subject to spells or effects that effect humanoids only.
-Fine: As a fine creature, Jirants gain a +8 size bonus to armor class, a +8 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +16 size bonus to hide checks, but they must use smaller weapons than humans use, and their lifting and carrying limits are one-eighth that of Medium-Size characters.
-Jirant base land speed is 20 feet
-Low-Light Vision: A Jirant can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
-Fire Acclimated: Jirant have a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against all fire spells and effects.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects
- +2 Racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate and Move Silently Checks. Jirant, like some of their ancestors, are scary, untruthful, and sneaky.
- +2 Racial bonus on Listen Checks.
- +1 racial bonus to all saving throws, Jirant are surprisingly capable of avoiding mishaps.
- Naturally Psionic: Jirants gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
Half-Giant Blood
Jerren Blood
-Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Ignan, Infernal, Orc.
Favored Classes: Psionic Warrior, Rogue

Xuldarinar
2013-03-18, 12:47 AM
How would you go about deciding stat and skill-related things for half-human characters? Half-elves and half-orcs did it each differently: Half-elves had no stat changes, just like humans, weaker versions of Elf skill bonuses, and the entire language selection like humans; yet Half-Orcs (which never seemed very likely to happen, IMO) had a weakened Strength bonus in exchange for simply removing the Wisdom penalty, skill boosts almost exactly like an Orc, and language selection like an Orc. Half-Orcs seem more like Orcs than humans, but Half-elves seem more like humans than elves. So... How would you go about number-crunching for new half-humans?

Ah. That question. That is certainly a good one. I honestly don't like working with humans. I gave an example of how, under this system, how half-elves and half-orc would turn out. Due to the inconsistency with the two normally, its hard to say what exactly should be done about skills for them. We could simply say they get +2 Skill points at first level, then an extra skill point every even numbered level. Half-humans, I think, are the most common and the most inconsistent hybrid set in the game.

DeathGodKyo
2013-03-18, 01:17 AM
Ah, that does make sense. Only real reason I was asking is that that was the only inconsistency left to close; Based on how inspirational this was, I'm making a campaign world for my next session (after the one I'm currently DMing) where a natural disaster causes entire legions-worth of creatures from other planes to be irrevocably dumped on the Material plane, and the kingdoms of the pure races, who oppress them equally with their lower-class, end up finding themselves with a huge mongrel problem. So... Needed a way to include humans effectively in the hybridizing, so the absence of them wouldn't be weird when I included most everything else. It's especially fun hybridizing humanoids with Gith... Who really cares about anatomies anyway? XD

Xuldarinar
2013-03-18, 01:28 AM
Ah, that does make sense. Only real reason I was asking is that that was the only inconsistency left to close; Based on how inspirational this was, I'm making a campaign world for my next session (after the one I'm currently DMing) where a natural disaster causes entire legions-worth of creatures from other planes to be irrevocably dumped on the Material plane, and the kingdoms of the pure races, who oppress them equally with their lower-class, end up finding themselves with a huge mongrel problem. So... Needed a way to include humans effectively in the hybridizing, so the absence of them wouldn't be weird when I included most everything else. It's especially fun hybridizing humanoids with Gith... Who really cares about anatomies anyway? XD

That sounds interesting. I hope it goes well. I'd honestly have a kick in such a setting. Might i suggest the Mongrelfolk (Races of Destiny, pg 98) as a race to use? Your welcome to tweak creatures you create with this as you see fit of course, this just serves as a good place to start in hybrids. And, in terms of anatomies, a human and a dragon can mix. The dragon doesn't need to be able to assume a humanoid form. Figure that one out. in a world of magic, the question is no longer 'why', its 'why not'.

Greenish
2013-03-18, 05:08 AM
-Other Racial traits: Drop from both sides unless any are shared.Aww, that prevents me from doing half-kobold/half-goliaths that have both Slight Build and Powerful Build. :smallfrown:

Xuldarinar
2013-03-18, 10:49 AM
Aww, that prevents me from doing half-kobold/half-goliaths that have both Slight Build and Powerful Build. :smallfrown:

I had more in the OP, i'll need to fix that. Don't know what happened. Its like someone got on and just deleted half of it. :smallconfused:

Anyways. If the resulting creature has an LA, it may pick an ability that fell under the 'other abilities' section per LA.

LA was determined by, in this case, averaging the two. If the result is not a whole number, you can go either way. Of course, you can't have both builds, sorry. You can have a hybrid who has a powerful build, or a slight build. You are welcome to tweak things as you desire though.

gurgleflep
2013-03-20, 02:54 PM
Note: Part of this was deleted at one point. I don't know how or why, but i've fixed it to the best of my memory.

I just saw this part. I've actually got this template printed out from before it got deleted and what-not. I'll type it up for you :smallsmile:

Take any two player character races of the same level adjustment and plug them in.

-Size: If the same, keep the same. If different by one step, use either. If different by two steps or more, average. If different by more than 2, but of an odd number, average then use either middle result.
-Type: If both are same, keep the same. If they are different, use the highest value of the following.
Example If one parent is a giant, and the other is a humanoid, the resulting hybrid is a giant for the purposes of type.
Exceptions: (I know this section might fill up fast.. But nothing here -just- yet)
-Ability Score Modifiers: Average. Subtract 1 from odd numbered scores. If there are more than 2 negative odd numbered scores, for every 2, add 1 point to any negative prior to evening out scores. If there is no positive, remove any one negative > -2
-Other Racial traits: Drop from both sides unless any are shared. Spell like abilities, if held by both sides, have shared uses
Example: if one parent can use Darkness 1/day, and the other cna use Daylight 1/day, the hybrid may use Darkness or Daylight 1/day
Exception: in cases of creatures with a level adjustment. Compile a list of the abilities of both creatures that fall under this category that would be otherwise removed. Select a number of them equal to the averaged LA of the resulting creature. Traits with ranks, such as regeneration, cost one LA point per rank up to the maximum of that of one of the base creatures. If both share a trait but of different ranks, take the average.

-Blood: The resulting race gains the Blood traits associated with parents (Elf Blood, Orc Blood, ect.)

**Note: This template is not quite ready to properly handle differing level adjustments. You may use it as such but the results will vary. In cases where the average is not a whole number, round down at least for the purposes of trait selection, listed above.

My hand hurts after all this typing, but it was worth it!

Xuldarinar
2013-03-20, 03:58 PM
I just saw this part. I've actually got this template printed out from before it got deleted and what-not. I'll type it up for you :smallsmile:

Example: if one parent can use Darkness 1/day, and the other cna use Daylight 1/day, the hybrid may use Darkness or Daylight 1/day

**Note: This template is not quite ready to properly handle differing level adjustments. You may use it as such but the results will vary. In cases where the average is not a whole number, round down at least for the purposes of trait selection, listed above.

My hand hurts after all this typing, but it was worth it!

Thank you very much.

gurgleflep
2013-03-20, 09:21 PM
Thank you very much.

You're very welcome :smallsmile:
I'm not the nicest person in the world, but I try to be the most helpful!

inuyasha
2013-03-20, 09:49 PM
didnt ye have a way to combine more than 2 races? or am i imagining things?

gurgleflep
2013-03-20, 09:56 PM
didnt ye have a way to combine more than 2 races? or am i imagining things?

I think you're imaging things. Though, theoretically, you could make two different hybrids and combine them, or one hybrid and combine it with another creature.

inuyasha
2013-03-20, 09:57 PM
:smallwink: thanks for the answer. I want to make something with a super diluted mindflayer in their ancestry ;D

gurgleflep
2013-03-20, 10:02 PM
:smallwink: thanks for the answer. I want to make something with a super diluted mindflayer in their ancestry ;D

You and me both! They're among my top three favorite races, so throwing them into ANY mix would be absolutely delightful.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-20, 10:25 PM
You and me both! They're among my top three favorite races, so throwing them into ANY mix would be absolutely delightful.

I had a way, it was basically keep mixing races.

Anyways, you might want to take a look at this race from Bastards and Bloodlines:

Mind Ripper
+2 Dex, +4 Int, +2 Wis, +2 Cha
-Medium
-Speed: 30
-Mindrippers may make a natural tentacle attack instead of wielding a weapon, this deals 1d8 damage. It may only be used against targets that are pinned or helpless
- Mind rip (Su): Mind rippers can make a psionic attack against a single opponent within 100 feet. The target must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 mind ripper's character level + mind ripper's intelligence bonus). On a failure, the target takes 1 point of temporary intelligence and wisdom damage and is dazed for 1 round. This attack is very taxing for the mind ripper, who can attempt it a number of times per day equal to her Charisma bonus, each time taking 1d2 points of temporary con damage.
- Darkvision 60ft
- +2 on any check they take 20 on, however they take a -4 penalty on any listen or spot check made during that time.
Favored Class: Psychic warrior
LA: +4

They are the children of a group of mind flayers and any humanoid woman.

Also might want to check out the Illithid Heritage Feats and the Flayerspawn Psychic PrC from Complete Psionic.

Theres also the half-illithid template from the fiend folio. A half-illithid is a mind flayer that instead of being implanted into a human, was implanted in something else.

inuyasha
2013-03-20, 10:31 PM
Oh yea I have that book :D its awesome!

gurgleflep
2013-03-20, 10:34 PM
I had a way, it was basically keep mixing races.

Anyways, you might want to take a look at this race from Bastards and Bloodlines:

Mind Ripper
+2 Dex, +4 Int, +2 Wis, +2 Cha
-Medium
-Mindrippers may make a natural tentacle attack instead of wielding a weapon, this deals 1d8 damage. It may only be used against targets that are pinned or helpless
- Mind rip (Su): Mind rippers can make a psionic attack against a single opponent within 100 feet. The target must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 mind ripper's character level + mind ripper's intelligence bonus). On a failure, the target takes 1 point of temporary intelligence and wisdom damage and is dazed for 1 round. This attack is very taxing for the mind ripper, who can attempt it a number of times per day equal to her Charisma bonus, each time taking 1d2 points of temporary con damage.
- Darkvision 60ft
- +2 on any check they take 20 on, however they take a -4 penalty on any listen or spot check made during that time.
Favored Class: Psychic warrior
LA: +4

They are the children of a group of mind flayers and any humanoid woman.

Also might want to check out the Illithid Heritage Feats and the Flayerspawn Psychic PrC from Complete Psionic.

Theres also the half-illithid template from the fiend folio. A half-illithid is a mind flayer that instead of being implanted into a human, was implanted in something else.

The Mind Ripper is one of the few races in there that aggravated me. It's an interesting idea and has great stats, but something about it seemed completely wrong to me.
I've not looked through any of those feats, but I'll do so when I've got the books in hand.
Half-Illithid is one I've used. Placed it on an orc and had quite a bit of fun with it.

What was your thought on the Wyrd in Bastards and Bloodlines, the elf/ogre mage?

Xuldarinar
2013-03-20, 11:09 PM
The Mind Ripper is one of the few races in there that aggravated me. It's an interesting idea and has great stats, but something about it seemed completely wrong to me.
I've not looked through any of those feats, but I'll do so when I've got the books in hand.
Half-Illithid is one I've used. Placed it on an orc and had quite a bit of fun with it.

What was your thought on the Wyrd in Bastards and Bloodlines, the elf/ogre mage?
Really? Huh. Maybe its more flavor than mechanic. We establish for the longest time that mind flayers cannot mate with another species, and produce offspring at least. Then we get mind rippers and that turns it on its head… with a twist.

The Wyrd. Thats one I'm still thinking on. I found it weird, but not bad.
What bothers me is their Level adjustment (+6), and that jump bonus is obscene. I don't know what to make of their natural casting. But ECL 20 for them, would be at best a sorcerer 16. Though, 1st level feat I'd highly recommend taking the precocious apprentice feat and immediately going into another casting class in hopes of entering something like mystic theurge. So… Over all perhaps Warlock 4/Eldritch Theurge 10 or Shadowcaster 4/ Noctumancer 10 or Shugenja (or favored soul) 4/Mystic Theurge 10. or Wizard 4/Ultimate Magus or Binder 4/Anima mage 10 or Wilder 4/Cerebremancer 10. Least if you can make it work. Some I'm iffy on the skill requirements, but the caster requirements I know you can get.

Oh, and if you ever feel like breaking the game, mix these:
Old Blood (Mindflayer) [Bastards and Bloodlines], Illithid Savant [Savage Species].

Mithril Leaf
2013-03-20, 11:26 PM
I initially thought this couldn't be done in a satisfactory and balanced way. You have proven me wrong, it's quite nice. Just watch out for 5th generation lesser planetouched of all categories. :smallbiggrin:

Xuldarinar
2013-03-20, 11:38 PM
I initially thought this couldn't be done in a satisfactory and balanced way. You have proven me wrong, it's quite nice. Just watch out for 5th generation lesser planetouched of all categories. :smallbiggrin:

Im glad you like it.

Hmm.. I have a challenge to issue, to anyone willing to take it. Mix every race that has player character stats using this system. We don't need to use monsters or Monster classes. No templates. Just, individual races.

Lets throw all the races into a blender, hit puree and see what happens.

Mithril Leaf
2013-03-20, 11:47 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1281

I'll be using this.

I suspect it'll end up with nothing net but tons of cool vision types.

EDIT: Nevermind, doing closest.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-20, 11:57 PM
A hybrid I just threw together

Tiefling/Drow (Draegling)
+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con
Medium Outsider (native)
-Darkvision 120ft
- Immunity Sleep
- Spell resistance 11+ Class level
- Resistance to Cold 5, Electricity 5, and Fire 5
- +2 Will saves vs spells and spell-like abilities
- +2 saves vs Enchantment spells and effects
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide
- Dancing Lights, Darkness, Faerie Fire 1/day
- Drow Blood
Languages: Common, Elven, Infernal, and Undercommon
Favored Classes: Rogue and Cleric (Female only) or Wizard (Male only)
LA: +2

The +2 LA was taken over the +1 because it seems to be a little bit more powerful than a drow. Averaging +1.5 LA between the parents, it made more sense in this case to go up instead of down when rounding.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-20, 11:59 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1281

I'll be using this.

I suspect it'll end up with nothing net but tons of cool vision types.

EDIT: Should I round up or down for ability scores?

Stats here (as it comes in):
Total races 234 (ignoring Complacent humans)

Round down I think. As said in OP, keep even numbers the same. Odd, subtract 1.

gurgleflep
2013-03-21, 12:08 AM
Really? Huh. Maybe its more flavor than mechanic. We establish for the longest time that mind flayers cannot mate with another species, and produce offspring at least. Then we get mind rippers and that turns it on its head… with a twist.

Oh, and if you ever feel like breaking the game, mix these:
Old Blood (Mindflayer) [Bastards and Bloodlines], Illithid Savant [Savage Species].

Now that you mention it, I think that's probably the reason it annoys me

I thought Illithid Savant was broken? I've heard arguments - or read really - saying it is and that it isn't.

Mithril Leaf
2013-03-21, 12:16 AM
Round down I think. As said in OP, keep even numbers the same. Odd, subtract 1.

I've been rounding to closest. If you round down so that negatives become lower (I forget the way D&D does rounding, it's weird), it hasn't mattered. Done with Dex and Str now.
After factoring is in the modifiers, here's what's done. The numbers in brackets
are the results right after averaging.

Total 234
Str: -2 [-0.52]
Dex: 0 [0.72]

EDIT: Too lazy to calculate the rest of the stats right now. As far as other stuff, you get 2 claws, a bite, and a set of spines for natural weapons. Darkvision to at least 60 feet, maybe more on some exotic creature, low light vision, arguably permanent true seeing, and blindsense to 20 feet. Resistance to all elements 5, and arguably immunity to electricity.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-21, 12:22 AM
I thought Illithid Savant was broken? I've heard arguments - or read really - saying it is and that it isn't.

It can be. You eat someone's brain, you acquire an ability of theirs (skills at 1st level, feats at 2nd, class features at 3rd, Special attacks and special qualities at 5th). thats how the class works. However, you need to be a mind flayer to get in and have knowledge (arcana) rank 10. Using the Mind Flayer Monster class, your 16th level can be illithid savant. But, if you use Old Blood (Mind flayer) with any race, your first level in it can be taken at level 8. So, at level 10 you can have a character in a group that gets much stronger with every foe they face, they just need to remove and eat the brain after the fight. It doesn't say you have to use the mind flayer's ability to eat a brain to benefit.

gurgleflep
2013-03-21, 12:31 AM
It can be. You eat someone's brain, you acquire an ability of theirs (skills at 1st level, feats at 2nd, class features at 3rd, Special attacks and special qualities at 5th). thats how the class works. However, you need to be a mind flayer to get in and have knowledge (arcana) rank 10. Using the Mind Flayer Monster class, your 16th level can be illithid savant. But, if you use Old Blood (Mind flayer) with any race, your first level in it can be taken at level 8. So, at level 10 you can have a character in a group that gets much stronger with every foe they face, they just need to remove and eat the brain after the fight. It doesn't say you have to use the mind flayer's ability to eat a brain to benefit.

Okay, that sounds pretty stinkin' awesome.
Now, when you eat their brain and obtain a skill, do you get skill points towards it, or just learn the skill?

Xuldarinar
2013-03-21, 12:47 AM
Okay, that sounds pretty stinkin' awesome.
Now, when you eat their brain and obtain a skill, do you get skill points towards it, or just learn the skill?

Acquire Skill (Ex): At 1st level, an illithid savant an acquire one skill known by a creature whose brain he has consumed, chosen at the time of consumption.He permanently gains all the creature's ranks in that skill (but not including racial or ability score bonuses to the skill modifier) even if his new total is more ranks than the illithid savant's current character level would normally allow. This skill becomes a class skill for the illithid savant, and he may by more ranks in the skill if the new ranks do not cause him to exceed his maximum ranks in the skill.
At 4th, 6th, and 8th level, the illithid savant can acquire and use one additional skill from a brain.

gurgleflep
2013-03-21, 01:12 AM
Acquire Skill (Ex): At 1st level, an illithid savant an acquire one skill known by a creature whose brain he has consumed, chosen at the time of consumption.He permanently gains all the creature's ranks in that skill (but not including racial or ability score bonuses to the skill modifier) even if his new total is more ranks than the illithid savant's current character level would normally allow. This skill becomes a class skill for the illithid savant, and he may by more ranks in the skill if the new ranks do not cause him to exceed his maximum ranks in the skill.
At 4th, 6th, and 8th level, the illithid savant can acquire and use one additional skill from a brain.

So using this PRC could make it so you know quite a few skills after a number of brain consumptions? This is fantastic! I could do nearly everything!
Sir, I feel like you deserve a hug, handshake, bro-fist, and a chest bump.

Edit: Okay, I feel I worded that pretty badly... and I don't know how to do the text thing where things get crossed out, so... yeah, I'ma rephrase that.
So, with Illithid Savant I could - with the appropriate multiclassing - know nearly all skills?

Mithril Leaf
2013-03-21, 01:35 AM
So using this PRC could make it so you know quite a few skills after a number of brain consumptions? This is fantastic! I could do nearly everything!

Edit: Okay, I feel I worded that pretty badly... and I don't know how to do the text thing where things get crossed out, so... yeah, I'ma rephrase that.
So, with Illithid Savant I could - with the appropriate multiclassing - know nearly all skills?

You could know and do anything. It's stupidly stupidly broken. Never use it. Ever. It's just short of pun pun on being brokenly stupidly strong.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-21, 11:09 AM

With an illithid savant. Lets say your level 10. something 7/ Illthid Savant 3.
Now, you face down a paladin of your level, kill him, eat his brain. You could take some of his spell casting, his smite, his divine grace, his mount, his detect evil, or his turning. You could, if he focused on it, +13 to a skill. Lets say already you have 13 in diplomacy. Now you could have 26 ranks in diplomacy. If you acquire racial bonuses, i'd say eat a couple of Wyrds and take their jump. Lets say you could take racial bonus, and you ate 3. You could get at least +90 ranks in jump. If they were your ECL and focused on jump as well, and so did you, Your jump would become 142.

Now, lets look at jump. A high jump, you can go 1 foot per 4 ranks. You could jump at least 35 feet up into the air. However, for a long jump, we have a 1 to 1 ratio. So you could jump at least 142 feet forward with a running start. Without a running start, at least 71 feet.

Fortunately its not -that- broken. But its pretty broken. To reduce the power of the class though, I have advice. Make sure you have someone good in the group that finds it offensive to desecrate bodies, let alone eat any part of them, and someone in the group who's attacks utterly destroy opponents. If your in a good campaign, this together reduces the opportunity to stop and eat (brains). Just permit enough opportunity for brain consumption to make up for the lack of new abilities on their own. Between otherwise obliterated corpses and someone who is constantly on your back for what you do to the bodies, your not going to be 'noming' your way to god-hood anytime soon.

Or, heres a fix, give the powers a time limit or use limit.

gurgleflep
2013-03-21, 03:47 PM
With an illithid savant. Lets say your level 10. something 7/ Illthid Savant 3.
Now, you face down a paladin of your level, kill him, eat his brain. You could take some of his spell casting, his smite, his divine grace, his mount, his detect evil, or his turning. You could, if he focused on it, +13 to a skill. Lets say already you have 13 in diplomacy. Now you could have 26 ranks in diplomacy. If you acquire racial bonuses, i'd say eat a couple of Wyrds and take their jump. Lets say you could take racial bonus, and you ate 3. You could get at least +90 ranks in jump. If they were your ECL and focused on jump as well, and so did you, Your jump would become 142.

Now, lets look at jump. A high jump, you can go 1 foot per 4 ranks. You could jump at least 35 feet up into the air. However, for a long jump, we have a 1 to 1 ratio. So you could jump at least 142 feet forward with a running start. Without a running start, at least 71 feet.

Fortunately its not -that- broken. But its pretty broken. To reduce the power of the class though, I have advice. Make sure you have someone good in the group that finds it offensive to desecrate bodies, let alone eat any part of them, and someone in the group who's attacks utterly destroy opponents. If your in a good campaign, this together reduces the opportunity to stop and eat (brains). Just permit enough opportunity for brain consumption to make up for the lack of new abilities on their own. Between otherwise obliterated corpses and someone who is constantly on your back for what you do to the bodies, your not going to be 'noming' your way to god-hood anytime soon.

Or, heres a fix, give the powers a time limit or use limit.

That's a rather large sum for any single skill :smalleek:

In all campaigns I play in, somebody ends up being some up-tight holy man, so there's somebody who'd think it's absolutely disgusting and wouldn't let me do it. As for the obliteration, either a fighter or a barbarian fills that niche.

I like the idea of the limit, that would be pretty reasonable.

Now, as for eating the brain, would I need the tentacles of an illithid, or could I just bust open their head with a handaxe and chow down?

Xuldarinar
2013-03-21, 07:50 PM
That's a rather large sum for any single skill :smalleek:

In all campaigns I play in, somebody ends up being some up-tight holy man, so there's somebody who'd think it's absolutely disgusting and wouldn't let me do it. As for the obliteration, either a fighter or a barbarian fills that niche.

I like the idea of the limit, that would be pretty reasonable.

Now, as for eating the brain, would I need the tentacles of an illithid, or could I just bust open their head with a handaxe and chow down?

I would assume that you wouldn't -need- the tentacles. Whats important is you eat the brain. There being no discussion as to the state of the brain, I assume to you could pop open a body you found later and eat but obviously fresh is better. Having them makes it easier mind you, as you then can chow down in combat, nothing that taking illithid heritage feats couldn't fix if you needed them.

JBPuffin
2013-08-31, 12:48 PM
Throwing this out there: a game using gestalt and hybrid Classes and Races. In such a world, nothing is pure - literally, nothing at all. Would anyone run/play this?

Xuldarinar
2013-08-31, 01:17 PM
Throwing this out there: a game using gestalt and hybrid Classes and Races. In such a world, nothing is pure - literally, nothing at all. Would anyone run/play this?

I would, but I'm the kind of person who likes to mix and match things for flavor.

EdroGrimshell
2013-08-31, 04:07 PM
May wanna take a look at the "Gestalt Races" in my Sig.

Xuldarinar
2013-08-31, 06:15 PM
May wanna take a look at the "Gestalt Races" in my Sig.

Very interesting. It appears to work well, and creates a very different type of hybrid than my template.

12owlbears
2013-11-26, 10:31 AM
what would the stats for a Halfling+Thri-Kreen(Half-Kreen Thriling?)
ps no I don't know how this could possibly happen

Xuldarinar
2013-11-26, 01:08 PM
what would the stats for a Halfling+Thri-Kreen(Half-Kreen Thriling?)
ps no I don't know how this could possibly happen

Being fantasy, we can ignore the how.

Forgive any errors. Im AFB at the moment im using my phone and web resources.

{table=head]-|Halfling|Thri-Kreen|Half-Kreen Thriling
Size|Small|Medium|Either
Type|Humanoid|Monstrous Humanoid|Monstrous Humanoid
Racial Hit Die|(1)|2|1
Ability Mod|+2 Dex, -2 Str|+2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Int, -4 Cha|+2 Dex, -2 Cha
Speed|20ft|40ft|30ft
Vision|Normal|Darkvision 60ft|Darkvision 30ft
Immunities/Resistances|+1 to all saving throws, +2 vs fear|immunity to magical sleep|+1 to all saves, an additional +2 vs fear, Immunity to magical sleep
Natural Armor|-|+3|+1
Natural Weapons|-|claws and bite|claws and bite
Other Racial Traits|-|Leap, poison, multiple limbs, Deflect Arrows. naturally psionic, Weapon familiarity, Psi-like abilities.|Pick 1 + Full list of Thri-Kreen Psi-like abilities.
Blood|-|-|Halfling blood, Thri-kreen blood
Racial Skill Bonuses|+2 climb,+2 jump,+2 move silently,+2 listen|+4 hide in sandy or arid settings|+1 climb, +1 jump, +1 move silently, +1 listen, +2 hide in sandy or arid settings
Level Adjustment|-|+2|+1 [/table]

In the future, please refer to http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308375