PDA

View Full Version : [Spells] Fatality!

Dhavaer
2006-11-14, 10:47 PM
Cerebral Bore
Conjuration [Creation]
Level: Arcane 5; Components: V, S, M; Casting Time: 1 Attack Action; Range: Short; Target: One living creature with a brain; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throw: Fort partial; Spell Resistance: No

From the caster's palm, a tiny machine flies towards the target and drills into its skull, liquidating its brain.
The caster must succeed at a ranged touch attack, modified by their primary casting ability, to strike the target. If successful, the target takes 2d4 damage as the machine's whirling blades attempt to bore into its skull. Assuming the damage is not negated by damage reduction or converted to nonlethal damage, the target must make a fortitude save. If the save fails, the target takes 2d6+caster level Intelligence drain as their brain is converted into mush. If the save is successful, the target takes 1d4+half caster level Intelligence damage. If the drain or damage reduces the target's Intelligence to 0, the target dies.
A creature with regeneration may regenerate their brain; any damage or drain taken is removed as soon as the brain finishes regenerating, as detailed in the creature's description, e.g. 3d6 minutes for a troll.

Material Component: A sphere of titanium an inch in diameter, and three small diamonds (PDC 15).

Necrotic Gaze
Necromancy
Level: Arcane 5; Components: V, S; Casting Time: 1 full round action; Range: Personal; Duration: Concentration; Saving Throw: None, Will partial; Spell Resistance: No, Yes

Any living creature subjected to the caster's terrible gaze begins to wither as their body rots and putrefies. The creature takes 1d6 damage, 1 Strength damage and 1 Constitution damage, and is stunned for 1d4 rounds. A successful Will save reduces the stunned condition to shaken. This functions in all ways as a gaze attack.

TheThan
2006-11-14, 10:50 PM
Been playing too much mortal combat lately?

Dhavaer
2006-11-14, 10:51 PM
Not for ages. I just seemed like a good title.

Dhavaer
2006-11-14, 11:15 PM
Intestinal Sculpture
Transmutation
Level: Arcane 5; Components: V, S; Casting Time: 1 full round action; Range: Short; Duration: 1 round/3 levels, 1 hour/level; Saving Throw: None, Will Negates; Spell Resistance: Yes

The target's belly bulges as the caster draws their guts towards him. Each round the spell continues, the target must make a save against massive damage. If the save fails, the victim's belly ruptures and their intestines spew forth, arranging themselves into patterns and designs at the whim of the caster. This effect lasts for one hour/level, or until the guts are disturbed, at which time they succumb to gravity. Anyone apart from the caster observing the design must make a Will save or be shaken.
The intestines can be arranged into any design or shape the caster desires, limited only by their length and thickness. It is possible for the caster to write in this way.

Moribundus
2006-11-14, 11:18 PM
Intestinal Sculpture
Transmutation
Level: Arcane 5; Components: V, S; Casting Time: 1 full round action; Range: Short; Duration: 1 round/3 levels, 1 hour/level; Saving Throw: None, Will Negates; Spell Resistance: Yes

The target's belly bulges as the caster draws their guts towards him. Each round the spell continues, the target must make a save against massive damage. If the save fails, the victim's belly ruptures and their intestines spew forth, arranging themselves into patterns and designs at the whim of the caster. This effect lasts for one hour/level, or until the guts are disturbed, at which time they succumb to gravity. Anyone apart from the caster observing the design must make a Will save or be shaken.
The intestines can be arranged into any design or shape the caster desires, limited only by their length and thickness. It is possible for the caster to write in this way.

You sir, have a sick sick mind.

I like... in a kinda serial killer kinda way. (as for the mechanics of it.. I can't say... but it looks fine to me ~smrk~)

edit- how much damage is 'massive damage'? and what is the save DC?

Dhavaer
2006-11-14, 11:21 PM
You sir, have a sick sick mind.

Sigged.

I like... in a kinda serial killer kinda way. (as for the mechanics of it.. I can't say... but it looks fine to me ~smrk~)

edit- how much damage is 'massive damage'? and what is the save DC?

Massive damage is equal to the target's Constitution, and the DC is 15.

Toric
2006-11-14, 11:30 PM
Cerebral bore? Reminds me of Turok 2 and Rage Wars. And yes, Intestinal Sculpture is just sick, in a fun way. I get the feeling that most people who find a victim will think it's a sick illusion until someone touches it.

Dhavaer
2006-11-14, 11:32 PM
Cerebral bore? Reminds me of Turok 2 and Rage Wars.

I think it might be the name of a Turok 2 weapon, but I've never played the game, only read a review.

Toric
2006-11-14, 11:45 PM
It is. Similar effect too. Spherical machine drills its way into the victim's head, then explodes.

Golthur
2006-11-14, 11:52 PM
Cerebral bore? Reminds me of Turok 2 and Rage Wars. And yes, Intestinal Sculpture is just sick, in a fun way. I get the feeling that most people who find a victim will think it's a sick illusion until someone touches it.
Cerebral bore reminds me of the spheres from the Phantasm movies.

The gold one was particularly nasty... :yuk:

Dhavaer
2006-11-17, 05:02 AM
Cleanse
Evocation
Level: Arcane 5; Components: V, S; Casting Time: 1 full round action; Area: 30ft. radius burst, centred on caster; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throw: Fort Half; Spell Resistance: Yes

When the spell is completed, the caster suddenly glows with a brilliant, all-consuming light (Spot check DC -5280 to see) that encompasses the spell's area. The light fades within an instant, revealing that the area has been burnt clean of life. All creatures except the caster within the area take 1d8 fire damage/caster level. Any creature brought to 0 hit points or less by this spell is killed, reduced to dry, clean bone.

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-17, 05:24 AM
Remember everyone: These are D20 Modern spells..

Dhavaer, you should probably say that explicitely; not everyone knows that you're using the format used in D20 Modern, and they might be confused as to why you're listing levels as "Arcane 5".

Remember: Not everyone plays D20 Modern.

Dhavaer
2006-11-17, 05:37 AM
They could probably just as easily be used for D&D, though. Even with Intestinal Sculpture, the save DC for massive damage is the same for both.

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-17, 05:44 AM
The power level of both games are vastly different, however. You'd need to make some changes to import D20 Modern games to D&D and vice versa.

XtheYeti
2006-11-17, 01:10 PM
Cleanse
Evocation
Level: Arcane 5; Components: V, S; Casting Time: 1 full round action; Area: 30ft. radius burst, centred on caster; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throw: Fort Half; Spell Resistance: Yes

When the spell is completed, the caster suddenly glows with a brilliant, all-consuming light (Spot check DC -5280 to see) that encompasses the spell's area. The light fades within an instant, revealing that the area has been burnt clean of life. All creatures except the caster within the area take 1d8 fire damage/caster level. Any creature brought to 0 hit points or less by this spell is killed, reduced to dry, clean bone.
This is tight and the intestine thing is sick but awesome

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-17, 02:02 PM
Yeah, the modern/D&D thing seems to not be too much of a problem.
:tongue: Spot check DC-5280
You make some disturbing spells.
Sculpt intestines. Ughhh.