PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the Bad, and the Exalted IC

horus42
2013-03-15, 09:13 AM
Nexus is a pretty shady planet, but it's where your contact asked to meet you. The bar is dingy and dark, the smell of booze and smoke wafting though the air, along with other, more unidentifiable smells.

Your contact, Tal Hajus, isn't hard to spot. In a bar filled mostly with humans, its a trivial matter to pick out the ten foot tall, green-skinned, four armed Thark. You all have dealt with Tal Hajus before, and he's shown himself to be a mostly honorable businessman. Well, as honorable as a man who routinely hires pirates and smugglers can be, at any rate.

As you approach, he knocks back the last of his drink, and you notice that since the last time you saw him, one of the two tusks jutting from the Thark's lower jaw has been broken. He looks down at you all and smiles, though with his grizzled and scarred face, the result looks more like an agonized grimace.

"Captain Res and the crew. Just the people I was hoping to see. I take it you got my message about the job?"

Kell_tamer
2013-03-15, 10:25 AM
Taking on a confident stance leaning slightly on her left leg with her left hand on her hip. Res pushes her glasses up to be resting on her forehead, her blue eyes taking in the whole of the bar. She has a smirk on her face as she extends her hand knowing one of the four of his will take it. Wouldn't be here otherwise Tal, how you doing?

Xaantiaz
2013-03-15, 12:08 PM
Naciate follows Res into the dank bar with wide eyes and a content smile, "I haven't been on Nexus in ages. Never thought I'd miss a place like this." Wasting no time she arranges her coat to lay right, takes a seat at the stool nearest to Tal, and orders a drink of her own. Taking her drink she turns to face the Thark looking up to the large man.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-15, 01:58 PM
The towering Alchemical stands at the back of the group, upper arms crossed, lower arms on his hips. In situations like this, the best help he could provide was to convince eavesdroppers to drop their eaves elsewhere.

horus42
2013-03-16, 01:52 PM
"Me?" He says, with a grin. "I'm fine. Same old, same old, y'know?" Suddenly his face turns a bit stern. "Though I do hope you accept my apologies for not telling you more information about my proposal. You never know who's going to intercept a message in this day and age..."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-16, 02:20 PM
She slinks up to a chair next to him. Well I understand that. I know I don't like taking jobs without knowing it's actually from the source. She orders a drink from the bar. So I wonder if that ... tooth.. enhancement is the result of a tapped line. Should I be worried? Shes got the same confident smile she usually does when talking business with him.

tonberryking
2013-03-17, 10:55 PM
Shadowing Res, close by as ever, stands a languidly tall fellow with short fuzzy hair and decked in black rags and a scarf, his skin somewhat warm grayish in hue. Spots and blotches of dark brown freckle his cheeks and (though it isn't seen) his back, his ears curved and tufted like a cat's. Feline eyes, and occasionally a toothy snarl under his slightly puffy cheeks that looks sharper than the norm, also mark him. Beastmen stock, this fellow is, though his pallor could also be assumed to be due to the fact he looks disgusted by the seediness of the dive.

Or, despite time and time again that she proves that she knows what she's doing, Ghost Lion is worried about Res' safety. One of his overlong arms rests on the bar, his lengthy fingers curling, as if he could scratch the surface to pieces.

"What's the job?" he asks impatiently.

horus42
2013-03-18, 04:06 PM
Tal Hajus raises one of his four hands, saying "No need to be worried. Not yet, anyway. Though yeah, the tusk is from some Imperials intercepting a message about one of my less than legal job opportunities." He clears his throat and continues.

"As for the job I have for you lot, it involves some risky business. As you all know, the Empire has been cracking down on any planet in this sector that even thinks about tossing their lot in with the Draconic Alliance. My home planet is one of those worlds. The Imperials set up a blockade around it, and now I'm stranded offworld, with no way home. But that's not all. Barsoom is already a dying world. Our atmosphere is depleting, and it makes growing food nearly impossible."

He uses his two lower hands to adjust his tie as he orders another drink. "Well, as a Thark of wealth and taste, I have some means to help fix that situation. I want you lot to help me get home, and to smuggle in some supplies that can help feed my people, as well as repair the atmosphere factories that the Empire refuses to acknowledge are broken."

"So," he says, grinning, "interested?"

Kell_tamer
2013-03-18, 05:14 PM
She grins playfully. Tal, you old salt.... you had me at "this is possibly very dangerous." He didn't say that of course, but she knew it was and she was a bit of a thrill seeker. While the prospect of being jailed or executed for treason wasn't enjoyable, the thrill that it could happen got her blood flowing.

horus42
2013-03-18, 05:42 PM
His grin spreads a bit wider as he chuckles. "I knew I could count on you. Shall we?" He gestures towards the door with one of his left arms. "Once we're on board the Anathema, I'll tell you where we can pick up the goods."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-18, 06:01 PM
Finishing her drink She smiles and stands leaving her pay for the bartender. Of course, though we will have to discuss a change in the usual payment method before we take off. She places a hand on his shoulder Nothing you should worry about, I won't be charging extra or anything. We just are low on supplies for long distance travel. Figured you might be able to help in that regard.

She isn't lying. Since the recent crackdown on smuggling jobs, groups haven't been hiring as much, and when they have they have been able to undercut their pay prices due to the market. The jobs they have been doing haven't been bringing in as much. Due to stringent budgeting they've had to limit their meals to mostly noodles and vegetables. She didn't outright say it but she could kill for a decent burger at this time, but would settle for just something other than beans and synthanoodles.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-18, 07:20 PM
"So, you want me to repair atmosphere factories? By myself? You'd better be willing to pay through the nose for this."

horus42
2013-03-18, 11:34 PM
The Thark nods in agreement. "I see where you're both coming from, and I'd be happy to oblige, Res. I know you're down on your luck." His tone makes it sound much more condescending than he probably meant. Probably.

"And you're welcome to help, Dynamo, though I was planning on hiring my own engineers once we got there."

After a bit of walking, you all make it to the Anathema.

Kell_tamer
2013-03-19, 12:04 AM
Res having a hardy social exterior lets it just slide right off her back. As they enter the Anathema, she leads Tal to the table in the main area of the ship. It's not just us Tal, empire has cracked down on all of us Freelancers. It's like that little lunar boy thinks he has complete control over the very space between stars themselves. She goes to the stores to get tea, but realizing she has none sighs and just gets water. She pours him a glass along with some for the rest of the crew.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-19, 04:25 AM
"He practically does, Captain. There are trillions of graves full of people who tried to prove him wrong." Dynamo heads for engineering.

Xaantiaz
2013-03-19, 10:19 AM
Naciate trailed along behind unusually quite as they headed for the ship.
"It will be interesting to go home again." She took one of the filled glasses, glad for something to still her shaking hands. "There are still people who want to oppose him. I haven't heard much about the Draconic Alliance but they seem strong and they've stayed apart this long..." Setting aside the cup a large revolver shimmers into existence in front of her on the table.
With meticulous detail she begins cleaning the firearm which seems to bring her back to herself, "Either way this shouldn't be a boring mission at least."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-19, 11:23 PM
Res makes a mocking motion with her hand to the talking, rolling her eyes as she does. Blah blah blah big scary emperor blah blah. She sits at the table and puts her feet up on it as she drinks her water. Alright Tal, what are the specifics? How big is the load, and it's been a while since i had passengers, what amenities do you need in the room module we put in?

horus42
2013-03-19, 11:33 PM
"I have a warehouse here in the city, the coordinates are here..." He reaches down and presses a few buttons on the ship's navcomputer, causing the screen to flicker as the aging CPU processes the new data.

"As for how much, there's around two hundred tons of cargo." He pauses, then hastily adds "But the Anathema can handle that."

He scratches his head for a moment, absently, while gesturing with the remaining three. "I won't need much. Just food and water. I can get by on the same synthanoodles as you lot. Oh, and before I forget..." He reaches into his coat and pulls out a small card, then swipes it through a slot on the Anathema's display. "Half now, and half when we're safely on Barsoom's red soil." He grins once more, ever confident.

And sure enough, a sizable sum of Imperial Credits has been charged from Tal Hajus' account, and deposited in Captain Res'.

Kell_tamer
2013-03-19, 11:55 PM
Res grins as the numbers flash across the screen. Oh I think we can make sure we have something nicer than that. She sets the glass down. GHOST! DYNAMO! GET READY TO LIFT THINGS! She stands up and adjusts her skintight top slightly. I'll make the arrangements to get supplies, you can get settled in. Glad to be of service to you Tal. and with a slight sway in her hips as she steps down the ramp, slight clomping from her raised heels, she makes her way to the hangar's terminal to call in a supply order.

tonberryking
2013-03-21, 02:05 PM
Any arguments or disdain Ghost was about to voice dies in his throat when Res gives some orders, though his eyes linger, and with a growl he stomps off to do his part.

He didn't like the idea of bringing the employer along to do a job; you don't take the village elders up out on the mountains when hunting game, do you? Not that Tal looks like a gone-to-pot old man, but eventually he does try to shadow Res down the ramp, his voice a husky whisper.

"It doesn't matter how much the green man's paying, he's admitted that he's been watched, then punished. It's foolhardy to keep him aboard, says I."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-21, 08:30 PM
Res places a hand reassuringly on her compatriots shoulder. She did value his input and wasn't at all in disagreement on this. She knew full well there were plenty of times she'd have been some planet's monarch's trophy prize if it weren't for him.
I do agree lion, but right now we don't exactly have the capability of being picky, you know how long its been since decent work came our way, and I'd really rather earn enough money to eat something with meat in it with my clothes on.
A sly smirk hits her cheeks as she flips the glasses down over her eyes. Besides even you have to admit the run ins with the empire are half the fun. What good is life without a little bit of excitement now and again? And there was her confidence. this was a woman who could be dangling from a chain over a pit of slithering eel men ready to devour her and she'd still be confident enough to make light of the situation.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-25, 08:22 PM
"Personally I hope we do come into conflict with the empire, it will mean more chance for plunder that simple cargo shipping."

horus42
2013-03-25, 08:22 PM
Tal Hajus, and a few people working in the warehouse, use machines to load everything onto the ship. After about an hour, the Anathema is refueled and ready for the journey to Barsoom.

Kell_tamer
2013-03-26, 06:02 PM
Res spins in her chair once before flipping the PA button on the pilots panel. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, it is currently 1340 galactic standard time, and our trip to Barsoom will begin shortly. If you look out the right view port, you will see crates, looking out the left, more crates. My we have a scenic parking space. I will now ask all passengers to please remain seated gripping firmly to your chair and praying to whatever stellar intelligence you so choose, as this takeoff will be bumpy. When we have breached the stratosphere the cabin will be made available for moving around and we will be beginning the trip proper. And please, if you see paneling falling off and wires sparking, that's not the ship dying a slow death with us inside asphyxiating, that's a feature. Now relax and enjoy your flight. A grin on her face as she says her cheeky speech. Her ship may be older and in need of maintenance constantly, but it wasn't THAT far gone.

After a couple minutes coaxing the drive to life, the reactor flares up and the Anathema begins to rise.

Captain res sits at the controls, plotting the ships course and drawing in essence from around her, the icon of her Exaltation shines forth upon her brow.

The ship quickly rises to top speed and begins its trek. It quickly breaches the stratosphere and in moments will be out of planetary space.

4 motes peripheral to activate perfect reckoning technique. so long as nothing can keep her from manning the cockpit, she succeeds perfectly on flying the ship toward its destination, avoiding all natural hazards along the way.

horus42
2013-03-26, 06:17 PM
The Anathema exits Nexus' atmosphere and silently glides through space towards the nearest Canal entry point. Nothing goes wrong, as Res' Solar Essence flows through the circuitry and hull of the ship, preventing any obstacle from slowing it.

Would you lot like to actually roleplay the intervening time, or have me skip to the next plot point?

Rhyvurg
2013-03-26, 07:11 PM
Always the prudent one, Dynamo checks his armor before suiting up.

horus42
2013-03-30, 10:10 AM
As the Anathema nears the entrance point of the Canal, the scanners pick up a large Imperial Cruiser. A small beacon on the ship's display starts to blink and beep, the sign that you're being hailed.

Xaantiaz
2013-03-30, 02:24 PM
Naciate sticks her head in the cockpit once she hears the beeping, "What's happening? It is the Imperials?" A prospect she seems slightly too happy about. Without waiting for an answer takes the jump-seat, "So, plan?"

Kell_tamer
2013-03-30, 03:12 PM
Res casually flips the switch to open the hailing channel. She awaits to be addressed before actively responding. She sits confidently leaned back with her boots up on the console.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-30, 03:43 PM
"If that Thark is getting us arrested, I'm tossing him out the airlock. Just see if I don't."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-30, 07:41 PM
Res does a cut across her neck with her hand to indicate to dynamo to cut the chatter.

horus42
2013-03-30, 09:44 PM
The channel opens and the holographic display flickers to life. A grim, grizzled looking man with broad shoulders and a light peppering of grey scattered throughout his red hair and beard appears on the screen.

"Travel through this Canal is restricted. Identify yourselves and your business in the sector." He then breaks into a smile, though it seems slightly forced. "If you've nothing to hide, we won't have an problems."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-31, 02:37 PM
Res leans forward to the hologram. She whips out a bit of a lie for this one, coating it with her essence to make it seem all the more plausible, after all who was going to doubt the solar exalted?

I'm Captain Res sir, I know the canal is restricted sir, I'm just transporting myself and my normal crew. I just have to get home to my family. My father is dying and I have to make amends with him before it happens. Surely you can wave one person by so that they might be able to get some closure.

She's leaned forward to the projector her eyes wide and up with a bit of sadness in them. She has a slight pout to her lip, and with a bit of coaxing is able to get a bit of water from her eyes.

She is using her first presence excellency to buy 4 dice and irresistible salesmen spirit, her galea lowers his MDVs by 2 and her finery adds 2 dice to the roll. 15 dice and successes are doubled before applying them against the targets MDV 7 motes personal, she has 9 left
[roll0]
and stunt whatever you award from it
[roll1]

horus42
2013-03-31, 02:51 PM
As the words tinged with Solar Essence reach the Imperial Captain's ears, his forced smile softens, and he says, "I really shouldn't be doing this... but go on through. I hope you're able to get through to him before it's too late."

The Imperial Cruiser does nothing as the Anathema enters the Canal, and the chaotic, swirling unreality of the Wyld envelops the ship as it begins its journey to Barsoom.

I'll count that as a 1 die stunt.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-31, 06:25 PM
"You should sell used cars, Captain."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-31, 06:55 PM
as they reach wyld space, she chuckles at the comment. No fun in that. No thrill, The fact I put myself in situations where i could wind up imprisoned as a criminal, or imprisoned as a prize by a criminal, or in a shootout or anything like that, where my tongue is my most powerful weapon... bad phrasing but you know what I mean, That's where the thrill comes from. Besides selling cars doesn't help out fringers. Sticking it to the empire is the reason I do this.

She runs her hand along the old faded console in front of her. And really, a life where I can fly free, I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-01, 05:06 AM
"Shootouts? Ugh, I hate a fight that takes so damn long."

horus42
2013-04-01, 08:20 PM
The journey through the Canal takes three days, but in the end, it's pretty uneventful. No Raksha attacks, and no more checking in with the Imperials. However, the hard part is just about to begin...

Tal Hajus walks onto the bridge as the viewscreen shows the planet. Barsoom is a small world, about a third the size of Earth, and most of its surface is covered in red sanded deserts. The poles are capped with ice, and there are some more temperate and fertile zones between the two extremes. Water seems to be very scarce, but there are a few rivers and seas dotting the landscape.

The massive Imperial Fleet stationed in orbit around the planet forms a perfect sphere, a standard blockade formation.

Kell_tamer
2013-04-01, 11:02 PM
Res flips open the PA. This is your captain speaking, We have reached Barsoom, and it appears to be infested with imperials. Doubt my tricks will work here. They likely have Exalted in this barricade, so if we wanna talk our way through we're going to need some pretty convincing stories.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-03, 12:17 AM
"We could claim to need repairs badly, or foodstuffs, so we'd have no option but to land."

Xaantiaz
2013-04-03, 09:25 AM
Naciate shrugs, "Maybe, but those capitals can repair ships our size. And they would likely tell us to fly into a Tomb Star than break their blockade." She takes a closer look at the video screen. "We could try to convince them we are on Imperial business. Perhaps a covert operation, hence the less than standard ship?"

Kell_tamer
2013-04-03, 03:24 PM
She grins and snaps her finger pointing at Naciate. There that sounds pretty good. She hunches forward in her chair, leaning over the edge of the seat. So what was the mission? or top secret, we're late, we're hungry, we're tired, we rented this STUPID ship? She already begins getting into character.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-03, 08:33 PM
"No, the ship is deliberate. Who would suspect Imperial agents of using a heap like this?"

Xaantiaz
2013-04-04, 08:33 AM
Naciate's features begin to shift rapidly gaining height, weight, and age. Standing in her place is a middle aged man in the outfit of an Imperial General. "Give me a camera, a place to record, and a script and you can have a briefing to give 'em." There's a hint of a central accent in her now gravely voice.

Spending 7m on Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise, 8m on the 2nd Larceny Excellency, and 1m to not have it add to her Anima. 7 successes on the (Wits+Larceny)

Kell_tamer
2013-04-04, 11:50 AM
Res' grin widens as she sees the disguise take effect. Now I remember why I hired you! Res pulls out a datapad and begins writing up a fake briefing file, her hands flying across the inputs. It's just some quick information, not a big speech. Points covered include,
Returned from scouting outposts as a mole
Returning to deal with on site debrief
Ship is undercover.

She figures her night caste companion can lie her way through questioning.

I'm not doing a roll since this isn't a linguistics paper deal, its more just her action so that Xaantiaz can have some fun making things up on the fly and stunting. Have at it man.

horus42
2013-04-06, 09:14 AM
Within a few minutes, the camera is set up, so that Naciate can do her recording. It's set up so that as soon as she's done, it will be sent to the nearest Imperial ships.

Xaantiaz
2013-04-06, 09:45 PM
The faux-Imperial adjusted his tie and looked into the camera, "The bearer of this recording is an official operative of the Imperial Special Operations." He holds up a tablet showing an image of Captain Res, "This woman and her crew are deep undercover and their business is of the utmost sensitivity. The leads they are investigating could end this whole rebellion. Their orders are sealed by His orders.

To ensure their cover as blockade runners you are to search the ship as usual protocol. Attached is a list of materials they will be hauling. Confiscate the latter portion of that list to further their cover before letting them through. Do not otherwise treat them any differently from any other ship. If they are discovered..."

You have your orders, make the Emperor proud." He gives a salute and turns of the camera.

Naciate returns to the deck, "I'll stay in the disguise in case the question. Connect them to me in the smuggler's hold, voice only please, and I'll try to get them off our back."

horus42
2013-04-07, 09:26 PM
The message is sent to the Imperial Flagship, and a few moments later, the Anathema is being hailed again. The screen flickers to life, and a Thark dressed in a sharp Imperial Navy uniform appears.

"Unidentified ship, this is Admiral Tars Tarkas of the C.E.S. Kaifeng. This planet is under a blockade sanctioned by His Divine Lunar Presence, and your ship will have to be searched before you can land. Will you comply?"

Kell_tamer
2013-04-07, 10:53 PM
Res nods to the video uplink, Of course. Let me ready the lock. She then sets up the connection as per Naciate's request.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-08, 01:32 AM
"Captain, what if they didn't fall for it, and this is a ruse to get us to come quietly?"

Kell_tamer
2013-04-08, 10:13 AM
Quick head count on the number of Exalted on this vessel. Two Solars, a Lunar, and Two Alchemicals. I think we can handle it. She pats his back. You worry too much Dynamo...

horus42
2013-04-08, 06:20 PM
The ship docks and Tal Hajus walks onto the bridge after the screen flickers back off. "How are things holding up here? Was the commander anyone familiar?"

Kell_tamer
2013-04-08, 07:37 PM
Res looks at him. Said he was Tars Tarkas. If you know him we may be boned, if not we may be fine. Either way should be fun as far as I'm concerned.

horus42
2013-04-10, 10:06 AM
Tal Hajus' eye twitches at the mention of the name. "Tars Tarkas? I dont know him personally, but I know of him. He's widely reviled by most Tharks, for being a thrice-damned Imperialist traitor." He pauses, scratching the back of his bald head absently. "It might be best to hide me if they come searching."

Kell_tamer
2013-04-10, 11:49 AM
Res frowns a bit. Well that could be an issue. Naciate, how good are you at disguising other people? Or more importantly, hiding other people? By my estimates we have 10 minutes give or take given how old our airlock is with regards to receiving.

Xaantiaz
2013-04-10, 12:13 PM
"Hide or disguise, either way I haven't had much experience doing it to others." He eyes the large Thark, "Though disguise might be easier unless we can convince them to avoid somewhere big enough... Can you keep them from the reactor room? Tainted Essence leak perhaps?"

Kell_tamer
2013-04-10, 02:17 PM
She raises an eyebrow. Please dear, if i wanted to i could convince them that all their disappointed mother in laws were in there ready to scold them. Even the one's who weren't married.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-10, 05:10 PM
"I could stuff him in a crate and pile a bunch of crap on it."

Xaantiaz
2013-04-11, 07:26 AM
Naciate stands pointing at the Orichalcum caste, mouth hanging open. "That's... That's a possibility we'll keep in mind. Come on Tal, lets see what we can do." Taking hold of one of the Thark's arms he pulled him toward the reactor room. As he walks away he mumbles under his breath, "That would have to be a big crate. Do we have any that size?"

horus42
2013-04-12, 11:17 AM
Tal Hajus nods. "We should be able to move some things around in one of the supply crates. I could easily fit into one of those. But like Res said, we only have a few minutes before they get here."

Xaantiaz
2013-04-12, 02:51 PM
The Night looks back sheepishly when Tal answers her, "Uh. That... That should work. Lets empty that one," he points at an opened crate, "and drag it into the Reactor room. Then get in and I'll cover you from the door. If we're lucky, or Res intervenes, they won't even go in." Putting actions to words he works to hide the Thark.

11 successes to hide him, assuming the roll is Dexterity + Stealth.

horus42
2013-04-12, 04:04 PM
Just as the crates are put in place, the search crew from the Kaifeng arrives through the airlock. They search through the crates, opening and confiscating some of them, as the message Naciate sent said to do. But they never find Tal Hajus. In the end, they all go back to their own ship, and the Anathema is released, free to land on Barsoom.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-12, 04:39 PM
Dynamo tries very hard not to glare at the Imperials while they poke through his engine room.

Kell_tamer
2013-04-14, 10:51 AM
Res calls Tal to the cockpit as they enter atmosphere. So i trust you have coordinates to someone who will safely unload this cargo without us having to endure a firefight?

horus42
2013-04-15, 09:02 AM
The Thark nods at Res as she asks her question. "We'll land here, in the city of Illuim." He points to a location on the holographic display map of Barsoom. "It's the largest, most diverse city on the planet, we'll have an easy time blending in and finding my contact to unload the cargo."

Kell_tamer
2013-04-15, 01:39 PM
Res nods and makes the arrangements. Easing the aged craft into a landing bay, she knows it will make the landing. Even so she continues to coo the ship and gently stroke the panel, almost like the ship were her lover.

She whispers to it as it creaks into the spot. come on baby, you can do it, you can make mama proud.... hold together, make this job go without a hitch and i'll give you the whole thing, wash, wax, everything...

She really doesn't have a worry, she just likes talking to her ship.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-15, 04:36 PM
"Relax, I triple-welded the primary buffer panel this time, it's not going to fall off."

horus42
2013-04-15, 10:23 PM
The ship lands without incident at one of Illium's many Spaceports. The check-in with the Port Authority is a fairly standard procedure, and one that seems to go by more smoothly since you were already checked out by the Imperial blockaders.

Tal Hajus takes a deep breath as he steps off the ship. "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home." He looks down at his upper right wrist, checking a watch that's set to local time. "We should get going, or we'll be late."

He leads the three of you through the city, the crowds of giant Tharks bustling about their business. He pauses briefly along the way as the sounds of one man shouting can be heard, and a crowd surrounding him shouting back.

Kell_tamer
2013-04-15, 11:25 PM
Res raises an eyebrow behind her sunglasses. She folds her arm over her chest and then glances at Tal, then the crowd then back at Tal. Should we be concerned?

Rhyvurg
2013-04-15, 11:40 PM
"Late for what?"

horus42
2013-04-16, 11:50 AM
Tal Hajus shrugs. "It's probably just an Anti-Empire demonstration. No need to really worry, I'm sure." He then turns to Dynamo. "We'll be late to the meeting with my contact, who's going to unload and distribute the goods."

As he speaks, you each notice how desperate the people of Barsoom seem. There are beggars on every street, very few of the Tharks actually look well-fed. The merchants on the streets are asking ridiculous prices for their wares.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-16, 03:15 PM
"Greed. I despise greed. Perhaps while we're here I could educate the local merchants about charity."

horus42
2013-04-16, 05:37 PM
"Scarcity always drives prices up, my friend. It's a sad truth of our existence..." Tal Hajus trails off, before saying, "At least the supplies I've brought can help lower prices, if only for a time."

The scenes are more or less the same as the group approaches the meeting place with Tal Hajus' contact. He eventually leads you to a warehouse, with people of various species bustling about the front. He takes the three of you inside and gestures with two of his arms to a female Thark sitting at a table.

"Ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce my contact, the lovely, the brilliant, Dejah Thoris."

She smiles and gestures towards the empty seats with all four hands. "It's a pleasure to meet you all. Please sit down, so we can discuss our business."

Kell_tamer
2013-04-16, 05:46 PM
Res lowers her glasses at the thark with a slight grin. I like business, let's chat. She slinks over to a chair and sits crossing her right leg over her left. She clasps her hands together and leans over the table.

horus42
2013-04-16, 07:35 PM
"I assume that Tal Hajus has provided his half of the payment, yes?"

He nods in assent, and she continues. "Good. Then I'll hold up my end." She pulls out a small device and asks Res to enter a few small pieces of information. Once that's done, the Credits transfer over, giving Res the remainder of the payment. "All that's needed now is to unload the cargo."

Rhyvurg
2013-04-16, 08:46 PM
"There must be more we can do for these people besides deliver crates."

Kell_tamer
2013-04-16, 09:43 PM
Res looks at her metallic companion. Agreed. This city is no way for people to live. Poor and rundown is one thing, but this is outright struggling for basic survival. She looks at the Thark who finished paying them. Anything else we can do? I won't lie, we can't work for free, but we can reduce our usual fee. What demands are the empire making? Perhaps a bit of negotiating whether peaceful, she lraises her glasses to her forehead, revealing her eyes. Or forceful, She twirls her chakram on her finger before gripping it and igniting it briefly. will help. And i'm very good at a table. She sets the chakram back into its slot on her back making it look like a tasteful accessory to her outfit.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-17, 12:04 AM
"I vote force. Are we voting? Because I'm going with force."

Xaantiaz
2013-04-18, 07:33 AM
"I'm up for anything that hurts, or at least inconveniences, the Imperials. What did you have in mind?"

horus42
2013-04-18, 09:03 AM
Tal Hajus grins. "Then it's lucky that we smuggled in more than just food, isn't it?"

Dejah Thoris' eyes widen. "You actually managed it?"

He nods. "Hidden in some of the crates are parts for a long-range signal beacon which, once constructed, will let us break through the blockade's signal-jamming, and contact the Draconic Alliance for help."

"Did you bring anything else?"

"I also sneaked in a good deal of weapons, if that's what you mean. Enough of the crates had just food and supplies, that when the Imperials searched them, that was all they found."

Kell_tamer
2013-04-18, 10:08 AM
Res' eyes light up at this. Tal you cheeky bitch. You managed to nearly get us in front of a firing squad without so much as buying me a drink! There's a reason you are my favorite!

Rhyvurg
2013-04-18, 12:58 PM
Dynamo is somewhat less pleased. "You brought weapons on board the ship, and didn't even tell us what we were signing up for?"

Xaantiaz
2013-05-06, 07:03 AM
"Can't say I'm surprised. Or that angry as I would likely do the same." Naciate leans against a wall, relaxed, with her arms crossed and a small smile on her face. "So we have a beacon and weapons. I assume you have something in mind?"