PDA

View Full Version : Melee Cleric Help(ish)

McClintock
2013-03-15, 11:55 AM
First of all I would like to say thanks in advance, you guys(gals) have been extremely helpful throughout the years. I have been using this website for years now and am continually amazed at how quick and efficient the responses are.

Now to my question:

Campaign: Age of Worms (no spoilers please)

Human, LG, Cleric of Heironeous. 32 point buy
S:10
D:10
C:14
I: 10
W:16
Ch:16

FEATS: Flaw: Frail, Extra Turning, Extend, DMM: Extend
Domains: Courage, Nobility

Books allowed: ALL Core, All Completes, BoED, BoVD, All Races, ToB, Spell Compendium, others at DM approval

Changes I will not make: Frail has to stay, it plays into the background. Courage and Nobility are not optimized, but also play into his background. Everything else is adjustable.

Limitations via house rules: 3 Total Classes (as of right now its 2 base and 1 prestige, but we are trying to get that changed to 3 of any) And all classes must mesh well thematically as wall as with character background.

Background: IN a nut shell he was found by a noble, raised as her own, but his health kept him from following his dream (that of a paladin), became a cleric. He chose to "prove himself" so he asked to be placed in the roughest parish (Diamond Lake) to make a difference. Has just joined with a few others trying to establish themselves in the area. (rest of Party: Elf Witch, Human Bard, Human Barbarian, Human Wizard(going into Mystic Theurge with Pelor Cleric))

I like Ordained Champion and Sacred Exorcist, and I want to get Persist and DMM: Persist. Suggestions???

Kuulvheysoon
2013-03-15, 12:16 PM
Suck the cost for Extend and don't bother with DMM: Extend - a single level isn't too harsh. Take Persist right away instead, following up with DMM: Persist later.

Anium
2013-03-15, 01:17 PM
Planning and spell domains would be the best (IMO) for a DMM build.
What level are you? I guess one but you didnt say.
About the prc, you want to be melee, but keep the full spellcasting or you don't care?. I had a pc that was fun in a long campaign that was 7 cleric/2 pal and 7 Gray ward(he died here) and was kind of fun, evolving the character to suddenly start bluffing, intimidating and acting cheap, after being an uptight paladin most of the time...

McClintock
2013-03-15, 01:31 PM
1: Paladin is out for background reasons. He tried and failed to become a paladin, and was asked to become a cleric because of his devotion to Heironeous.

2:Yes we are presently first level.

3: Was thinking about switching the DMM to persist thanks for the validation.

4: I would like as high spell casting as possible, but not entirely necessary.

5: Courage and Nobility are probably not going to get changed. I'll try to get a better work up on his background up later today.