will 9

grapple 4

feats:

have not took feats yet...

anyone wanna help me out here
as you can tell....im lost

gorfnab
2013-03-15, 06:13 PM
First, you need one more rank in Knowledge: Arcana to meet the prerequisites of Dragon Disciple, so that means a build of Sorcerer 5 /Dragon Disciple 1.

Second, why Dragon Disciple? What do you want to accomplish with your build?

Third, what books do you have access to, what are the rest of your party's builds, what level will your campaign reach?

Andion Isurand
2013-03-15, 06:18 PM
with stats like those, I would put them in as 17 16 17 16 14 18 if you don't need wisdom for anything

I would look at the Magic Blooded template in Dragon magazine 306, which grants -2 Wis, +2 Cha among other things.

as far as Dragon Disciple goes, I feel its a bit lackluster as a class... if you want to play something like a dragon, you might want to try the Dragonborn template from Races of the Dragon

Spuddles
2013-03-15, 06:21 PM
Heh, he wants the D...

...disciple.

TheHobbit0312
2013-03-15, 06:35 PM
first, I have all the required knowledge ranks. second, It was mainly for story purposes. buut i want to make it as effective as possible. I just need to know some feats and spells to check into

Urpriest
2013-03-15, 07:00 PM
first, I have all the required knowledge ranks. second, It was mainly for story purposes. buut i want to make it as effective as possible. I just need to know some feats and spells to check into

You are aware that you need to meet the prerequisites before you take a level in the class, right? You can't get in to Dragon Disciple with Knowledge ranks you only pick up upon your first level of Dragon Disciple.

Effective at what? What do you want your character to be good at?

TheHobbit0312
2013-03-15, 07:37 PM
Okay, just so you all know,it's 3.5

ericgrau
2013-03-15, 08:36 PM
3.5? Read the Dungeon Master's Guide entry instead of the SRD entry. It's a melee class. Strength is your dump stat and you have poor BAB. Don't take the class as a sorcerer who casts spells.

A typical dragon disciple is full-BAB-class 4 / sorcerer 1 / dragon disciple X. With strength and con as your two highest stats and at least an 11 charisma but otherwise it doesn't matter. Compared to other builds limited to the PHB and DMG, it is very powerful in melee and makes a good tripper too.

If you want to fight in melee and cast spells, a dragon disciple is still good at using wands and staffs. Even with only 1 level of sorcerer, and even if you wear armor, you may use any wand or staff. At level 5 a wand of shield is good. If you're allowed to get one with only 25 charges then do it, because that's still plenty of charges. You'd only use it when you have extra time to buff yourself anyway; otherwise it's better to swing your weapon if you can.

For the spell you actually know, feather fall is good. Out of the PHB spells only true strike and feather fall may be used reliably while wearing armor, because they don't use any hand gestures (S component). And true strike is usually (but not always) a waste of time. Using wands lets you wear armor while casting other spells.

gorfnab
2013-03-15, 08:52 PM
Solo's Stupendously Superior Sorcerer Stratagems (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=487)

If you want a dragon themed caster, better prestige classes to look into for a Sorcerer based build would be Dracolexi and Dragonheart Mage from Races of the Dragon. Otherwise for a more dragon type feel from the begining look into the Dragonfire Adept (Handbook (http://coboard.wikia.com/wiki/The_New_Dragonfire_Adept_Handbook!)) from Dragon Magic