PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Vs Incorporeal

Acathala
2013-03-15, 05:45 PM
Okay here's the situation.
One of my fellow pcs has been possessed(Fiendish Codex rules), and I am an 8th level cleric of Lolth. Also I appear to be the sole caster(we have a flind warrior whom is the victim, and a drow ghoul whom is able some how to summon Shadows. Other than that, the ghoyl has shown no magical ability. I should point out as this game can go PvP, we don't have access to each other's sheets.
What I'm after, is tactics to deal with the demon. Exorcism so far has failed. And by deal I mean exterminate. We're past the talking part. I suppose just killing it's incorporeal form would also work assuming we relocate, but I have a feeling we're going to have to make it permanently dead.

Callin
2013-03-15, 06:19 PM
Find a way to get the character into an Adamantium Box that he can not destroy. No holes no bars, SOLID. Now find a way to cover that in magically replicating Ghost Shellac. Leave said box and character in the most far off underdark cave you can hope of never finding again.

you are evil :smallwink:

Glimbur
2013-03-15, 06:27 PM
Prepare Exorcism as many times as you can rebuke undead. Prepare Protection from Evil or Magic Circle v Evil. The demon has to fail the save eventually. That gets it out of your associate for 24 hours. It might try to possess you or the ghoul, so consider Magic Circle v Evil. Then be boring so it leaves? Rebuke the incorporeal outsider? Cast spells and kill the incorporeal critter? As you already said, this is not a permanent fix.

To permanently kill the thing, you'll have to find its body. It is somewhere on your plane. Good luck! Your best chance is to trick the demon into telling you where it is. Or give the demon a better opportunity so it leaves you alone.

Acathala
2013-03-15, 09:05 PM
Prepare Exorcism as many times as you can rebuke undead. Prepare Protection from Evil or Magic Circle v Evil. The demon has to fail the save eventually. That gets it out of your associate for 24 hours. It might try to possess you or the ghoul, so consider Magic Circle v Evil. Then be boring so it leaves? Rebuke the incorporeal outsider? Cast spells and kill the incorporeal critter? As you already said, this is not a permanent fix.

To permanently kill the thing, you'll have to find its body. It is somewhere on your plane. Good luck! Your best chance is to trick the demon into telling you where it is. Or give the demon a better opportunity so it leaves you alone.

That's mostly good advice. Except as a chaotic evil cleric of Lolth I can't prepare Prottection from Evil since it has good in the descriptor. Same with the Circle. Which is annoying.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-15, 09:32 PM
Well, don't all magic circle and protection from X spells prevent posession?

Also, remember that both negative and positive energy overcomes incopreality.

TuggyNE
2013-03-15, 11:01 PM
Well, don't all magic circle and protection from X spells prevent posession?

Also, remember that both negative and positive energy overcomes incopreality.

They do, and yes.

Acathala
2013-03-16, 09:42 AM
I do apologise. Checked the spell and it does prevent possession regardless of alignment.
Any advice on spells to attack and buff?
Obviously Spiritual Weapon and Ghost Touch Armor, but any other suggestions would be good.