PDA

View Full Version : Could someone make a Halo Spartan for me?

Hyler
2013-03-15, 06:29 PM
I'm planning on using Spartans for my D&D 3.5 Campaign.

I was thinking of using something like these http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40074 but that's for d20 modern and it doesn't implant the shield system for the armor as I'd like it.
For example I'd want the players to skillfully go behind cover to regenerate there shields instead of relying on the +7 defence bonus.

Basically I'd like for someone to make a Spartan template kind of like the one above, along with a MJOLNIR Mark IV Armor to go along with it that has regenerating shields, and maybe some sort of system for the Motion Trackers? (I'd presume it'd work somewhat like Mindsight.)

Thanks so much in advance! :D

Yora
2013-03-15, 06:30 PM
So it would basically be a fighter with heavily enchanted armor?

Maybe use goliath as race instead of human, since they are genetically enhanced to be superhuman and also exceptionally big. Having Powerful Build would seem fitting, when you look at some depictions.

Hyler
2013-03-15, 06:33 PM
So it would basically be a fighter with heavily enchanted armor?
If they were using a energy sword then yep, it would be sort of like that.

Amnestic
2013-03-15, 06:35 PM
Check out the Magitech Templar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176276). It might have a few things you're interested in.

shortround
2013-03-15, 06:46 PM
Crusaders with Stone Power and Brilliant weapons?

Yora
2013-03-15, 06:48 PM
How about half-giant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#halfGiants) psychic warriors (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psychicWarrior.htm)?

Half-giant brings +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, and Powerful Build to the table. The -2 to Dexterity is not so perfect, but that can be easily dealt with by just assigning a good score to this ability.
Biofeedback gives you DR 2/- that can be increased to 5 by 10th level.
Catfall lets you fall unharmed from very high distances.
Hammer grants touch attacks for 1d8 damage.
Innertial armor is a +4 AC magical shield.
Vigor can significantly boost your hit points for a battle.
And these are just the level 1 powers.

Animal Affinity grants +4 to Str, Dex, or Con.
Body adjustment heals you 1d12 hp for every 2 levels above 1st.
Darkvision provids perfect nightvision.
Energy Adaptation, Specified grants resistance 10 to one energy type.

Usually you see psychic warriors mostly as Jedi type springarounds, but they also have the incredients for pretty heavy tanks.

If you rather use Tome of Battle than psionics, I agree that crusaders or warblades should do a very good job as well.

Ossian
2013-03-15, 06:51 PM
I'm planning on using Spartans for my D&D 3.5 Campaign.

I was thinking of using something like these http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40074 but that's for d20 modern and it doesn't implant the shield system for the armor as I'd like it.
For example I'd want the players to skillfully go behind cover to regenerate there shields instead of relying on the +7 defence bonus.

Basically I'd like for someone to make a Spartan template kind of like the one above, along with a MJOLNIR Mark IV Armor to go along with it that has regenerating shields, and maybe some sort of system for the Motion Trackers? (I'd presume it'd work somewhat like Mindsight.)

Thanks so much in advance! :D

The template provided is the best I have seen to date. If you want, you can simplify things and just smack on your spartan soldiers the Celestial Template, with the following changes

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/celestialCreature.htm

Size and Type
Creature type is unchanged. Size is unchanged.

Special Attacks
A spartan gains the following attack.

Smite Evil (Su) --> heroic surge
Once per day a spatan can push his/her body beyond the limits of a normal human and make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.

Special Qualities
A spartan retains all the special qualities of a normal human and also gains the following qualities.

Darkvision out to 60 feet.

Damage reduction (see the table below).

Resistance to acid, cold, and electricity (see the table below).

Resistance to mental attacks (hypnosis, fear, panic, domination etc...) equal to HD + 5 (maximum 25).

With time, bone hardening and tissues thickening agents settle in the system, completing a skeletal and muscular boost that renders a spartan a pretty tough target to kill. Over time, genetic modification of the skinīs Ph, and a series of enzymes secreted by mutant glandes alter the body's conductivity to resist to electric shocks and counter the effects of extremely low temperatures

Hit Dice Resistance to Acid, Heat, Cold, Electricity DR
1-3 5 —
4-7 5 5 / armour piercing rounds
8-11 10 5/ APR
12 or more 10 10/APR

If a spartan gains damage reduction, its natural weapons are treated as NORMAL weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Abilities
Intelligence is at least 12. Spartans are quicker, stronger and tougher than average, but not exactly superhuman. Much of their prowess comes from training and tactics aided by genetic enhancements and top of the line equipment. A spartan gains a +2 to STR, CON and DEX.

Feats:
Spartants start with the toughness and diehard feats. Spartans who complete a tour of duty ("X" missions) can pick an extra bonus feat each 3 levels, in addition to the one normally granted. The feat must be picked from the fighter's list of bonus feats

Environment
Any .

Challenge Rating
HD 3 or less, as base creature; HD 4 to 7, as base creature +1; HD 8 or more, as base creature +2.

Alignment
Any lawful or neutral.

Level Adjustment
Same as the base creature +2 --> +3.

Mjollnir: the shield system works like this. It does not provides any AC bonus. However, it has a DR of 20 vs all (on top of whatever the Mjollnir provides) and can absorb the first 50 damage that pass the shield. When the shield has absorbed 50 damages, it shuts down and recharges at the rate of 5 / round.

Would that work?

Hyler
2013-03-15, 07:23 PM
The template provided is the best I have seen to date. If you want, you can simplify things and just smack on your spartan soldiers the Celestial Template, with the following changes

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/celestialCreature.htm

Size and Type
Creature type is unchanged. Size is unchanged.

Special Attacks
A spartan gains the following attack.

Smite Evil (Su) --> heroic surge
Once per day a spatan can push his/her body beyond the limits of a normal human and make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.

Special Qualities
A spartan retains all the special qualities of a normal human and also gains the following qualities.

Darkvision out to 60 feet.

Damage reduction (see the table below).

Resistance to acid, cold, and electricity (see the table below).

Resistance to mental attacks (hypnosis, fear, panic, domination etc...) equal to HD + 5 (maximum 25).

With time, bone hardening and tissues thickening agents settle in the system, completing a skeletal and muscular boost that renders a spartan a pretty tough target to kill. Over time, genetic modification of the skinīs Ph, and a series of enzymes secreted by mutant glandes alter the body's conductivity to resist to electric shocks and counter the effects of extremely low temperatures

Hit Dice Resistance to Acid, Heat, Cold, Electricity DR
1-3 5 —
4-7 5 5 / armour piercing rounds
8-11 10 5/ APR
12 or more 10 10/APR

If a spartan gains damage reduction, its natural weapons are treated as NORMAL weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Abilities
Intelligence is at least 12. Spartans are quicker, stronger and tougher than average, but not exactly superhuman. Much of their prowess comes from training and tactics aided by genetic enhancements and top of the line equipment. A spartan gains a +2 to STR, CON and DEX.

Feats:
Spartants start with the toughness and diehard feats. Spartans who complete a tour of duty ("X" missions) can pick an extra bonus feat each 3 levels, in addition to the one normally granted. The feat must be picked from the fighter's list of bonus feats

Environment
Any .

Challenge Rating
HD 3 or less, as base creature; HD 4 to 7, as base creature +1; HD 8 or more, as base creature +2.

Alignment
Any lawful or neutral

Level Adjustment
Same as the base creature +2 --> +3.

Mjollnir: the shield system works like this. It does not provides any AC bonus. However, it has a DR of 20 vs all (on top of whatever the Mjollnir provides) and can absorb the first 50 damage that pass the shield. When the shield has absorbed 50 damages, it shuts down and recharges at the rate of 5 / round.

Would that work?
It'd work!
I've finished the Spartan's for my D&D campaign.
Thank all of you so much! :D