PDA

View Full Version : Malack/Game Coincidence.

nonamearisto
2013-03-16, 04:51 AM
While it could be a coincidence, there is a game called Dominions 3, which happens to feature (among dozens of other nations with real-world analogies) a species of humanoid lizards following an Mesopotamian and Egyptian theme (the game merges the two ancient cultures).

One of the units that can be summoned is a pale-skinned, black-robed, undead, lizard-person priest. Any one of those attributes could be coincidental. Possibly all of them. Here's the "Tomb Priest":

http://www.dom3minions.com/~semirand/Dom3UnitReferencev304/00691.png

(Username is ball, password is pass1712. Don't worry, this is from information shared on the game's forum).

I'm not accusing anyone of a rip-off. Just thought the coincidence was interesting. The unit isn't a vampire, cannot be made into a vampire, but it can raise the dead and cast buffs on them in-game. And no, I have no connection to the makers or sellers of that game.

martianmister
2013-03-16, 10:49 AM
http://www.dom3minions.com/~semirand/Dom3UnitReferencev304/00691.png

(Username is ball, password is 1712. Don't worry, this is from information shared on the game's forum).

Doesn't work for me.

nonamearisto
2013-03-16, 05:55 PM
I entered it wrong the first time. "pass1712" (no quotation marks) is the right password. The username is still "ball" (no quotation marks). It should work now. I'd post the pic here, but it would be too large under the rules.

The Pilgrim
2013-03-16, 08:23 PM
The ones in that game have feet.

jere7my
2013-03-16, 11:03 PM
One of the units that can be summoned is a pale-skinned, black-robed, undead, lizard-person priest. Any one of those attributes could be coincidental. Possibly all of them.

Those appear to be mummy's bandages, not pale skin.

nonamearisto
2013-03-17, 12:13 AM
Regardless of the bandages/feet, the appearance is still a bit similar. I guess the orange stripe on the robe is another difference. And honestly, Malack must be some sort of very weird lizard (or naga?) if he doesn't have legs.

Scowling Dragon
2013-03-17, 04:24 AM
Hes a SerpentFolk. Not a lizard.

And no this is just looking for coincidences.

Its like saying "Isn't Xykon, Like Tar-Baphon?"